Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13310444

Subject: "NOT FRIDAY POAST XX" Previous topic | Next topic
PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Wed Jan-30-19 11:15 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"NOT FRIDAY POAST XX"

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
MONDAY (was sick latepass)
Jan 30th 2019
TUESDAY (was also sick latepass)
Jan 30th 2019
WEDNESDAY
Jan 30th 2019
Found the electrical short in my bike, finally
Jan 30th 2019
questions
Jan 30th 2019
      Floor space is an area about 3' * 6' in front of a 3rd floor window
Jan 30th 2019
glad youre feeling better
Jan 30th 2019
      thanks
Jan 30th 2019
           red rocks - de la soul, atmosphere, living legends
Jan 30th 2019
THURSDAY
Jan 31st 2019
I have back-to-back meetings from 9-noon
Jan 31st 2019
ugh, i hate meetings
Jan 31st 2019
chill day
Jan 31st 2019
i called it
Jan 31st 2019
      of course.. there was never any doubt
Jan 31st 2019
Jan 31st 2019
                have a good one fam.. safe travels.. enjoy the show!
Jan 31st 2019
Went to the lab, skipping my meetings today, getting work done.
Jan 31st 2019
you may know I like Tigers.. but I also like Alligators
Jan 31st 2019
Went to the Super Bowl Experience last night
Jan 31st 2019

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Wed Jan-30-19 11:16 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "MONDAY (was sick latepass)"
In response to Reply # 0

ugh...

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Wed Jan-30-19 11:16 AM

2. "TUESDAY (was also sick latepass)"
In response to Reply # 0

double ugh

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Wed Jan-30-19 11:42 AM

3. "WEDNESDAY "
In response to Reply # 0

https://media.giphy.com/media/wPBLYthxuGxX2/giphy.gif

lastnight I got a text from a buddy of mine who's a lawyer... he's basically like H.S Thompson's lawyer Oscar "Zeta" Acosta Fierro.

he's been working his way into and out of law firms around town... stresses me out this guy was best man at my wedding.. but we're terrible influences on each other.. have barely escaped incarceration on more than one occasion etc.... anyway he got canned the other week ... stresses me out but at least he has no kids and is only beholden to himself, his folks and friends...

anyway get a text from him last night he needs to crash at my house... now I can't stand this kind of thing (sharing space, entertaining etc) on a weeknight especially... buddy has hit me up for cash a couple times the last few weeks.. not a huge deal he's covered me for show tickets and would help me out if role was reversed but not something I can afford to do and not something I want to be in the habit of doing... oh and not something I want to be receiving texts about in the middle of the night.. seriously why are you asking for money at 11pm or 1am.. that ish ain't good and does not bode well.. anyway I said no last time because frankly I'm tapped and dude's behavior is sketching me out..

back to last night sent me a text wants to crash at my place.... ugh I am loathe so my response was this:

https://media.tenor.com/images/f37fa10b1a2911279394e2d90ea3eea1/tenor.gif

well he gets back to me he just got hired at another lawfirm and they are out having dinner and drinking at a place right next door to where Shimmy works... so I agree to let him stay and offer to come pick him up... dude is a mr. Lahey level disaster at times so while I dread it I am glad that he's taking the initiative to make arrangements rather than drive himself or sleep in his car...

lol this story is going nowhere really there is no grand ending except to say that I am that friend who'll do shit he doesn't want to at all for the sake of his friends when they need it even if they should know better and just keep there ish together for once before they end up out of another firm.

oh well what Hunter said of his lawyer can by and large be applied to mine

"Any combination of a 250 lb Mexican and LSD-25 is a potentially terminal menace for anything it can reach — but when the alleged Mexican is in fact a profoundly angry Chicano lawyer with no fear at all of anything that walks on less than three legs and a de facto suicidal conviction that he will die at the age of 33 — just like Jesus Christ — you have a serious piece of work on your hands."

carry on.

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13571 posts
Wed Jan-30-19 11:56 AM

4. "Found the electrical short in my bike, finally"
In response to Reply # 3

Had to pull off a lot of stuff (was under the airbox in front od a cylinder head). Now to put everything back together and get past this Arctic air and I'm back on wheels.

My coconut sprouted last week. Was a nice surprise, especially since I had given up on it. The indoor winter window garden is getting pretty crowded.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Wed Jan-30-19 02:25 PM

6. "questions"
In response to Reply # 4

How much space is your garden taking up?.. what kind of lights are you using?

flipnile
13571 posts
Wed Jan-30-19 02:41 PM

8. "Floor space is an area about 3' * 6' in front of a 3rd floor window"
In response to Reply # 6
Wed Jan-30-19 02:42 PM by flipnile

I have a few compact fluorescent bulbs over them now (I need to add a few more). Most of the plants are in pots in plastic bins on a shelf, but I have one of these small greenhouses set up for the germinating seeds: https://orchidgreenhouse.com/wp-content/uploads/Amazon-Best-Sellers-Greenhouses-U.S.-Garden-Supplys-Premium-4-Tier-Greenhouse.jpg I added a few cheap heat mats this year and it really helped keep the little tent warm.

I have a couple of HID lights just sitting around (100w HPS, 250w MH), so I might put the 100W up there if I get around to building a rack to hold it up before spring. I have a growing setup in my basement as well, but even with the lights and grow tent it was too cold down there so I gotta wait until it warms up a bit.

I'm waiting to plant most of the annuals for another month because the perennials are hogging up all the space right now.

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Wed Jan-30-19 12:24 PM

5. "glad youre feeling better"
In response to Reply # 3

im panicking about this trip for the concert. glad to know colorado isnt supposed to get THAT cold in comparison to other places in the US. still going to be cold though. i feel unprepared. i basically have tonight to get everything ready as we leave after work tomorrow.

ive been working on rebuilding my favorite songs playlist on google music this week. big problem, 1000 song limit. so i cant simply dump everything from my old list on it. the old list was at 3,000 songs. so im already at 994 songs and im barely into the Ks. dont want it to be just the same artists back to back. gotta figure something out.

i need to map out where potential pit stops will be on the drive. especially for tomorrow night. not a very populated area where driving through and ive only done the this leg of the trip once...14 years ago. not sure if well be able to drive the 5 hours straight so need at least one area i know we can stop at.

i need to figure out what exactly im taking inside the concert. definitely water.

i did set up my phone mount with some clips for cable management this morning so theres that. keeping my phone in the central console was not working out.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Wed Jan-30-19 02:28 PM

7. "thanks"
In response to Reply # 5

what concert is this again? I feel like I knew this but without going back to look through poasts remind me...

Shimmy and I once did the trip from Vancouver BC to San Francisco in one go without stopping except to get food.... 18hrs.. fricking brutal.. it broke me.. for the longest time after that I couldn't drive for more than an hour without fading hard... it was like a pavlovian response.. get behind the wheel immediately feel wiped out... took years to recover.. now I don't know how long or far I could go but I'm never trying that ish again.

mista k5
16414 posts
Wed Jan-30-19 03:51 PM

9. "red rocks - de la soul, atmosphere, living legends"
In response to Reply # 7

its 10/11 hrs each way. about the same as houston. i typically have to stop every 2 hrs. were driving halfway there tomorrow night. im hoping we can make it there with only one stop.

im pretty sure when i drove to detroit for school i didnt stop for 5 hours. not sure how i did that.

what im mostly worried about is driving in the dark, possibly icy roads (no rain or snow expected but i guess the dew?) through the mountains. wont exactly be a lot of flat straight roads so not sure how fast i will be able to drive.

ive done about the first half of tomorrow nights trip a few times in the last few years. many times we would make one stop. the times i drove straight through i was clinching that steering wheel at the end lol

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Thu Jan-31-19 11:56 AM

10. "THURSDAY"
In response to Reply # 0

man... fuck this day already.

Selah
Member since Jun 05th 2002
16484 posts
Thu Jan-31-19 11:59 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
11. "I have back-to-back meetings from 9-noon"
In response to Reply # 10

>man... fuck this day already.

idgaf about none-a-this

mista k5
16414 posts
Thu Jan-31-19 12:12 PM

12. "ugh, i hate meetings"
In response to Reply # 11

mista k5
16414 posts
Thu Jan-31-19 12:16 PM

13. "chill day"

starting to worry about last minute requests coming in today or being hit with urgent requests tomorrow. not going to have any chance to even read emails though so oh well.

mostly done packing. have some last minute things to pack and some extras to make the trip a bit more convenient that i might skip if i run late.

just working on this playlist. im finding an annoyance with google play matching music. i keep trying to find the google version of songs to make sure the quality is good. looks like i had a lot of 128 rips. so now im having to go searching for songs that were my uploads and delete them so i can add the google play version.

i have found some albums that google didnt even have so i guess its not all bad.

mista k5
16414 posts
Thu Jan-31-19 05:49 PM

17. "i called it"
In response to Reply # 13

returned from lunch with lots of work to get to. got it done. lets see what else comes up.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Thu Jan-31-19 06:45 PM

18. "of course.. there was never any doubt"
In response to Reply # 17

sheriff Murphy still runs the town.

mista k5
16414 posts
Thu Jan-31-19 06:56 PM

19. "100"
In response to Reply # 18

i was able to free up like 100 songs on my playlist so im up to the Os. didnt get to add all of outkast but should have decent variety.

see yall next week.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Thu Jan-31-19 07:14 PM

20. "have a good one fam.. safe travels.. enjoy the show!"
In response to Reply # 19

flipnile
13571 posts
Thu Jan-31-19 12:25 PM

14. "Went to the lab, skipping my meetings today, getting work done."

All-in-all it's a good day. Besides the people that treat the LAB like a cafeteria (always some millenial-looking women bringing their lunch in here), it's pretty quiet.

Handling my own problems > asking anyone for anything.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Thu Jan-31-19 01:39 PM

15. "you may know I like Tigers.. but I also like Alligators "

this is wild... alligators freezing in the swamps of NC.. but they got it handled.. there's a reason these animals have existed so long.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/alligators-frozen-north-carolina-swamp-with-noses-above-ice/

tully_blanchard
Charter member
6902 posts
Thu Jan-31-19 02:22 PM

16. "Went to the Super Bowl Experience last night"

My feet are KILLING ME.

800,000 sq ft of pure NFL bliss though. Shits mad overwhelming.
Mad I didnt get a picture with the Lombardi, but the wait was about 90 minutes...nah..

Texted with some of my old co-workers this morning..planning a "catch up" breakfast soon.

Did I mention that my feet hurt?

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

#2dopebrothersandastackofwax

https://www.instagram.com/thirtythree.three/

The Greatest Story (N)ever Told (finished)

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=s

Lobby General Discussion topic #13310444 Previous topic | Next topic