Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13306002

Subject: "And another one: Toure 2017 sex. harrass. claim revealed" Previous topic | Next topic
Teknontheou
Charter member
32709 posts
Thu Jan-10-19 05:00 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"And another one: Toure 2017 sex. harrass. claim revealed"

https://www.essence.com/news/journalist-toure-accused-of-workplace-sexual-harassment/

Journalist Touré Accused Of Workplace Sexual Harassment

A make-up artist accused Touré of sexual harassment in 2017, shortly before he was subsequently fired by Time Inc.
YESHA CALLAHAN Jan, 10, 2019
Update: January 10, 2019 1:44 p.m. PST:

Toure´has issued a response through his rep:

“On the show, our team, including myself, engaged in edgy, crass banter, that at the time I did not think was offensive for our tight-knit group. I am sorry for my language and for making her feel uncomfortable in any way. As a lead on the show, I should have refrained from this behavior. I have learned and grown from this experience.”

Earlier:

Since the premiere of dream hampton’s Lifetime documentary Surviving R. Kelly, many celebrities have come out to denounce the R&B singer. The documentary was a long-awaited vehicle for young women who’ve allegedly been abused by Kelly to tell their stories. And it also included commentary from those who’ve covered the allegations against the singer over the last decade.

One of the commentators included in the documentary was journalist Touré Neblett, who most commonly goes by his first name. Touré, a music journalist, is quite familiar with the allegations Kelly has faced throughout his career. In 2008, Touré interviewed R. Kelly for BET, and as seen in the documentary, he didn’t get the answers he was looking for when it came to the musician’s “like” of teenage, particularly underage, girls

Earlier this week, Touré appeared on the Mouse Jones podcast to once again discuss Kelly.

Embedded video

The ClubHouse
@clubhousepod_
On this very special episode @Mouse_Jones sits down with @JamilahLemieux and @Toure to discuss the recent R. Kelly documentary and the aftermath that has ensued from the series. 👉🏿 https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-clubhouse-with-mouse-jones/id1001894354?mt=2#episodeGuid=tag%3Asoundcloud%2C2010%3Atracks%2F556361457 … #TeamLSN @LSNpodcasts #TheClubhouse 🏚

9:14 AM - Jan 9, 2019
49 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy
In the post, a comment that was left on the the show’s now-deleted Instagram post advertising the episode Touré appeared on, caught the eye of social media:

In the post, a make-up artist, who goes by the name ‘Dani,’ alleged that Touré sexually harassed her while she worked with him on a show, saying, “He couldn’t stop asking me to do anal, how I looked naked, if I had sex over the weekend, what it would be like to f–k me.”

Dani then states that she would make sure to have crew members in the room with her while she got him ready for the People/Entertainment Weekly show. Eventually, Dani quit but allegedly reported Touré to human resources and according to her account, he was immediately fired.

In an exclusive interview with ESSENCE, Dani shared additional details about her experience with Touré.

“I worked with him most of 2017, I left in October, before he got fired,” she claimed. “When I reported it to Time Inc. they terminated him that day.”

Dani claimed to have been sent an apology via Instagram from Touré, which she shared with ESSENCE. As to what made Dani report Touré to his employer after she quit? She said it was because he was doing media appearances talking about Harvey Weinstein and his allegations of sexual misconduct.

“He went on Hot97 to talk about Harvey Weinstein (after he apologized). I accepted his apology and was ok to move on but, you can’t be a sexual predator and go around shaming other predators,” she said.

Dani said she shared her story on Instagram because she saw Touré on Surviving R. Kelly and the media appearances he was making.

“When I saw him going around as R. Kelly’s docuseries spokesman to different radio stations, the lies had to stop. I’ve worked with Mouse Jones before and wanted him to know the truth,” she said.

Below are screenshots of the apology allegedly made by Touré in November 2017:

When it comes to living in the #MeToo era, stories have been surfacing about various men and their toxic behavior in and out of the workplace. From Harvey Weinstein, Bill Cosby, Louis C.K., and the countless other men in entertainment, sexual harassment is a much talked about topic more than any point in our history. But in the Black community, there still seems to be a cloud of disbelief when a victim comes forward, as we saw during some of the commentary surrounding Surviving R. Kelly.

It takes courage for women and men to admit that they’ve either been sexually assaulted or harassed, and it’s not something that should easily be brushed under the rug. Perpetrators of toxic and abusive behavior should be held accountable for their actions, and understand how their actions have impacted others. Apologies are a start, but what is also needed is a dedicated focus on behavior change and healing to ensure there is no part of our society where this is ever accepted as normal.

ESSENCE has reached out to Time Inc., which issued a statement saying they do not discuss personnel matters, but stated Touré is no longer employed at the company. A rep for Touré has yet to comment.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
welp.
Jan 10th 2019
he was doing good until that last part
Jan 10th 2019
      BUT OF COURSE HE HAD TO DO THAT
Jan 10th 2019
           Was a self involved asshole he is
Jan 10th 2019
See
Jan 10th 2019
He probably figured he had to do it because of the BET interview
Jan 10th 2019
LOL!
Jan 10th 2019
Beat me to it.
Jan 10th 2019
Right, you gotta be squeaky clean or someone gonna snipe you.
Jan 11th 2019
^^^^
Jan 11th 2019
(did anybody else think he was gay?)
Jan 10th 2019
I knew he at least had a wife and kids. Have known that for
Jan 10th 2019
oh ok i had no idea.
Jan 10th 2019
Naw. No idea why, but I've always had the vibe that he LOVES pussy.
Jan 10th 2019
*raises hand*
Jan 11th 2019
Also raises hand.
Jan 11th 2019
Nah. He seems like the type to be with a cute Asian woman
Jan 12th 2019
Another answer for why celebs didn't ride against R. Kelly
Jan 10th 2019
The Kang admitted before that lame doc.Now the haters will pay
Jan 10th 2019
Survived the lies. Steppin shoes back on. The haters are falling
Jan 10th 2019
Stop trying to be mistermaxxx
Jan 11th 2019
If I didn't know better, I'd think this is pervasive in society
Jan 11th 2019
we can close the thread now
Jan 11th 2019
i have a few thoughts
Jan 11th 2019
There were alot of Kevin Powell is trash posts on here back in
Jan 11th 2019
      yeah I remember that too.
Jan 12th 2019
and here i thought we get a little out there in my workplace w/ the bant...
Jan 11th 2019
Dude was trippin’
Jan 11th 2019
How you gonna harass the woman doing your makeup?
Jan 11th 2019
There is always that one dude who takes the risque work talk TOO FAR
Jan 11th 2019
      Usually the same dude who gets touchy at company parties
Jan 11th 2019
           Type of dude asking for hugs around the workplace
Jan 11th 2019
                Type of dude that can't just enjoy the fit of a fit from afar without ya...
Jan 11th 2019
*lips sealed*
Jan 11th 2019
If this means I don’t have to see him in another Prince documentary...
Jan 11th 2019
My man was getting super self-righteous on FB in a #metoo discussion
Jan 11th 2019
Maybe cynical, but the best way might be as a fellow victim.
Jan 11th 2019
How about just being self-critical and honest? sheesh
Jan 12th 2019
have y'all tried not being shitheads?
Jan 12th 2019
Mouse Jones interview with accuser
Jan 11th 2019

JiggysMyDayJob
Member since Jul 03rd 2002
5178 posts
Thu Jan-10-19 05:05 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "welp. "
In response to Reply # 0

That was one heck of an exchange between the two of them and then at the end, he's asking her to not talk bad about him. FOH

sometimes u gotta leave ur inner nigger in the bank vault. - desus

Situation Podemy : www.situationpodemy.wordpress.com
itunes:https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/situation-podemy/id620232249
facebook: facebook.com/situationpodemy
@SituationPodemy

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Thu Jan-10-19 05:27 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "he was doing good until that last part"
In response to Reply # 1

because that sounded like some wild shit.

Rjcc
Charter member
94963 posts
Thu Jan-10-19 05:51 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "BUT OF COURSE HE HAD TO DO THAT"
In response to Reply # 2

BECAUSE HE'S A PIECE OF SHIT

if he had *only* apologized, then at least he would have apologized, but of course it was all about him

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

JiggysMyDayJob
Member since Jul 03rd 2002
5178 posts
Thu Jan-10-19 07:23 PM

14. "Was a self involved asshole he is"
In response to Reply # 3

Like you did this terrible shit to this woman and at the end of apologizing you ask she doesn’t talk about it. Like man take a look at yourself.

sometimes u gotta leave ur inner nigger in the bank vault. - desus

Situation Podemy : www.situationpodemy.wordpress.com
itunes:https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/situation-podemy/id620232249
facebook: facebook.com/situationpodemy
@SituationPodemy

Cam
Charter member
13286 posts
Thu Jan-10-19 06:09 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "See"
In response to Reply # 0

The real reason celebs didn't hop on board to appear in the doc.

Teknontheou
Charter member
32709 posts
Thu Jan-10-19 06:12 PM

5. "He probably figured he had to do it because of the BET interview"
In response to Reply # 4

Declining to appear in the documentary would look super suspect.

luminous
Charter member
12475 posts
Thu Jan-10-19 06:17 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "LOL!"
In response to Reply # 4

--
Sometimes you have to look reality in the face and say 'No!'
-Ben (Reaper)

If you need any help, don't. Hesitate to ask.

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13565 posts
Thu Jan-10-19 07:11 PM

12. "Beat me to it."
In response to Reply # 4

Yeah.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79560 posts
Fri Jan-11-19 09:16 AM

20. "Right, you gotta be squeaky clean or someone gonna snipe you. "
In response to Reply # 4

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

T Reynolds
Member since Apr 16th 2007
42760 posts
Fri Jan-11-19 09:20 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
22. "^^^^"
In response to Reply # 4

Reeq
Member since Mar 11th 2013
16347 posts
Thu Jan-10-19 06:14 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "(did anybody else think he was gay?)"
In response to Reply # 0

Teknontheou
Charter member
32709 posts
Thu Jan-10-19 06:18 PM

8. "I knew he at least had a wife and kids. Have known that for "
In response to Reply # 6

years.

I saw him with his son/daughter (couldn't tell if the kid was a boy or girl) in a wing spot in Carroll Gardens like five years ago.

Reeq
Member since Mar 11th 2013
16347 posts
Thu Jan-10-19 06:23 PM

9. "oh ok i had no idea."
In response to Reply # 8

Monkey Genius
Member since Mar 04th 2005
8099 posts
Thu Jan-10-19 07:34 PM

15. "Naw. No idea why, but I've always had the vibe that he LOVES pussy."
In response to Reply # 6

----------------------------------
I have a webcomic: www.watchthecomic.com

My webcomic has a page: www.facebook.com/watchyourheadcomic

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85057 posts
Fri Jan-11-19 09:15 AM

18. "*raises hand*"
In response to Reply # 6

<--- Big Baller World Order

legsdiamond
79560 posts
Fri Jan-11-19 09:17 AM

21. "Also raises hand. "
In response to Reply # 18

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

micMajestic
Charter member
22938 posts
Sat Jan-12-19 09:20 AM

38. "Nah. He seems like the type to be with a cute Asian woman "
In response to Reply # 6

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13565 posts
Thu Jan-10-19 06:47 PM

10. "Another answer for why celebs didn't ride against R. Kelly"
In response to Reply # 0

Can't be throwing rocks in that glass house.

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13304530&mesg_id=13304530&page=#13304590

81 DUN
Member since Feb 10th 2009
1674 posts
Thu Jan-10-19 07:06 PM

11. "The Kang admitted before that lame doc.Now the haters will pay"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Jan-10-19 07:14 PM by 81 DUN

#survivinglies

“You better be carful what you say to me cuz it might turn around on you”

-Kang

81 DUN
Member since Feb 10th 2009
1674 posts
Thu Jan-10-19 07:12 PM

13. "Survived the lies. Steppin shoes back on. The haters are falling"
In response to Reply # 0

Toure is first to get his head chopped off by the Kang.

Next up John Nonlegend that ole cocktail lounge act. The Kang gonna pull the pied pipe out to end his career

Marauder21
Charter member
49516 posts
Fri Jan-11-19 09:10 AM

16. "Stop trying to be mistermaxxx"
In response to Reply # 13

------

12 play and 12 planets are enlighten for all the Aliens to Party and free those on the Sex Planet-maxxx

XBL: trkc21
Twitter: @tyrcasey

Marauder21
Charter member
49516 posts
Fri Jan-11-19 09:11 AM

17. "If I didn't know better, I'd think this is pervasive in society"
In response to Reply # 0

------

12 play and 12 planets are enlighten for all the Aliens to Party and free those on the Sex Planet-maxxx

XBL: trkc21
Twitter: @tyrcasey

double negative
Member since Dec 14th 2007
22151 posts
Fri Jan-11-19 12:27 PM

27. "we can close the thread now"
In response to Reply # 17

https://soundcloud.com/swageyph/yph-die-with-me

Damali
Member since Sep 12th 2002
35863 posts
Fri Jan-11-19 09:15 AM

19. "i have a few thoughts"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Jan-11-19 09:18 AM by Damali

people who have behaved badly around sexual harrassment etc are EXACTLY the people who should be going hardest against sexual predators. It should be on some "i used to be fucked up like this and i wanna make sure no one else has to suffer"...so i disagree with her on that

so Toure royally fucked up by not being that guy that's like, hey i never raped anyone but there was a time when i made a woman uncomfortable with my behaviour,etc...

If he'd been open and sincere about it, I doubt he'd be getting dragged right now...because as far as I'm concerned, the matter itself is settled. He did the thing and faced a consequence for it...he was fired...AND he apologize (albeit, fully in his ego)

So all of this is his own fault for not getting ahead of it and owning up BEFORE being called out.

the one person I've seen over the years who's done a really successful "mea culpa" is Kevin Powell. he's openly talked about hitting women when he was younger, how much he regrets it, what he's learned from it...and has been an outspoken advocate for ending domestic violence...therefore, you don't see the woman/women he's harmed feeling any need to drag him publicly about it.

Toure should have learned from that example.

d

Teknontheou
Charter member
32709 posts
Fri Jan-11-19 10:02 AM

26. "There were alot of Kevin Powell is trash posts on here back in "
In response to Reply # 19

the day. thrill used to go in on him big time.

Damali
35863 posts
Sat Jan-12-19 12:12 PM

40. "yeah I remember that too."
In response to Reply # 26

I always respected his willingness to self-criticize and work toward better behaviours

d

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85057 posts
Fri Jan-11-19 09:49 AM

23. "and here i thought we get a little out there in my workplace w/ the bant..."
In response to Reply # 0

how you gonna ask a woman if she had sex over the weekend or just ask them to do anal smh.

<--- Big Baller World Order

legsdiamond
79560 posts
Fri Jan-11-19 09:53 AM

24. "Dude was trippin’"
In response to Reply # 23

bentagain
Member since Mar 19th 2008
16595 posts
Fri Jan-11-19 12:32 PM

28. "How you gonna harass the woman doing your makeup?"
Fri Jan-11-19 12:33 PM by bentagain

No wonder he looks like the black version of Doc from Back to the Future

https://goo.gl/images/FQzxym

---------------------------------------------------------------

If you can't understand it without an explanation

you can't understand it with an explanation

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49394 posts
Fri Jan-11-19 01:38 PM

30. "There is always that one dude who takes the risque work talk TOO FAR"

Like it is all fun and games and everyone is laughing and dude drops some crazy talk and everyone cringes and goes back to work.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

legsdiamond
79560 posts
Fri Jan-11-19 01:53 PM

31. "Usually the same dude who gets touchy at company parties"
In response to Reply # 30

Paps_Smear
Member since Feb 02nd 2009
4254 posts
Fri Jan-11-19 01:55 PM

32. "Type of dude asking for hugs around the workplace"
In response to Reply # 31

Hey girl where my hug at?!

=================
Official Okay-Super Villain™

I only play the games that I win at -
Gamertag: Innovator
PSN: DurtyGambino
Steam: Durty Gambino
Twitch.tv/durtygambino

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44614 posts
Fri Jan-11-19 02:01 PM

34. "Type of dude that can't just enjoy the fit of a fit from afar without ya..."
In response to Reply # 32

about it and making things *awkward*

"Get ready....for your blessing....."

eclipsedInI
Member since Jul 29th 2002
92867 posts
Fri Jan-11-19 09:57 AM

25. "*lips sealed*"
In response to Reply # 0

PAUSE

Pete Burns
Member since Oct 18th 2005
5445 posts
Fri Jan-11-19 01:15 PM

29. "If this means I don’t have to see him in another Prince documentary..."
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Jan-11-19 01:16 PM by Pete Burns

good.
No one needs to hear his *playing basketball with Prince* story ever again.

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49394 posts
Fri Jan-11-19 02:01 PM

33. "My man was getting super self-righteous on FB in a #metoo discussion"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Jan-11-19 02:09 PM by Buddy_Gilapagos

Casting a wide net against dudes and saying he can proudly say he has never disrespected a woman or something like that.

I had to catch him on the phone like, "dude remember that one story you told me?"

He was like

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2015-04/8/20/enhanced/webdr10/anigif_enhanced-9176-1428539383-10.gif

I have been thinking about the right way to be a public advocate without being a hypocrite AND not invite people to start digging (which I think happens when you open with "I've done things that I regret and am not proud of")

IDK.

Anyway, if anyone is still reading I have to admit I kinda remember 15 stories from back in the day? SOmething about talking about porn alot? that sound familiar? Correct me if I am wrong.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

Teknontheou
Charter member
32709 posts
Fri Jan-11-19 02:10 PM

35. "Maybe cynical, but the best way might be as a fellow victim."
In response to Reply # 33

I'm seeing Terry Crews's name thrown around as "one of the good ones" because of his own #metoo story. Because of that, he's sort of "allowed" to be a public, vocal male advocate without inviting any digging up of his past or suspicion of his motives.

The other option is to be an advocate, but not be too vocal or too forceful. Staying in your lane, so to speak. Speak when called on, say what's important to say and no more.

Actually, there's another option - only speak loudly if you're sure you have nothing suspect in your past at all. Nothing in real life, no old social media stuff, nothing borderline, nothing you'd have to address at all - nothing.

Damali
35863 posts
Sat Jan-12-19 12:10 PM

39. "How about just being self-critical and honest? sheesh"
In response to Reply # 35

its amazing how hard it is for men to just be like,

IVE BEEN SOCIALIZED TO BEHAVE IN TOXIC WAYS TOWARD WOMEN AND I'M ACTIVELY EXAMINING MY OWN PAST BEHAVIOURS WHILE WANTING TO BE A VOICE FOR THAT CHANGE IN ALL OF US IN SOCIETY, AND I'M SURE I'VE DONE SHIT THAT HURT WOMEN AND INVITE ANYONE I'VE HURT TO TALK ABOUT IT SO I CAN LEARN FROM IT AND DO BETTER.

Like that would end 99.9% of the public blowback ya'll are afraid of

d

Rjcc
Charter member
94963 posts
Sat Jan-12-19 08:46 AM

37. "have y'all tried not being shitheads?"
In response to Reply # 33

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

Teknontheou
Charter member
32709 posts
Fri Jan-11-19 08:25 PM

36. "Mouse Jones interview with accuser"
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fyp3VJmrkFY

Lobby General Discussion topic #13306002 Previous topic | Next topic