Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13305045

Subject: "the people with the abortion signs" Previous topic | Next topic
Crash Bandacoot
Member since May 13th 2003
10119 posts
Mon Jan-07-19 11:38 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"the people with the abortion signs"

just saw some today over in bethesda, very graphic. f*ck. i know freedom of rights
and everything but damn. they're usually old and white. i wonder would they allow
for a d*ck signage? also, D.C. is a ghost town...wanted to go to cheap Hirshorn but,
ooppps...it's closed.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
...need to be shoved into a gulag
Jan 07th 2019
And what might that be?
Jan 07th 2019
      anti-abortion is at best: a blatant 'make people poor' scheme
Jan 07th 2019
           Or at least that is what they want you to believe.
Jan 07th 2019
                "Pregnancy should always be viewed as a celebration of life"
Jan 08th 2019
                     You dumbass motha fukka who asked you??? Fo’real
Jan 08th 2019
                          Whoa
Jan 08th 2019
                          You did, you dumb shit
Jan 08th 2019
                          Well not really genius...
Jan 08th 2019
                               You really think a public forum is a DM? you new?
Jan 08th 2019
                               Yes I “new”
Jan 08th 2019
                               2. Post 2. You literally asked him a question. Dumb grandstanding idiots...
Jan 08th 2019
                                    I get it you want to up your number of posts.
Jan 08th 2019
                          your ignorance on pregnancy and fertility is astounding. byeeeee
Jan 08th 2019
                               And so is yours concerning life.
Jan 08th 2019
                                    what injustices do you ("pick and choose") to stand for?
Jan 08th 2019
                                         Look you said bye and so did I
Jan 08th 2019
                                              Lol @ "take your l". YOU said my birth shouldn't have been celebrated
Jan 08th 2019
                                                   Look I will admit that the statement I made was foul.
Jan 08th 2019
                                                        no its fine. im not hurt by a joke. i am perplexed though
Jan 08th 2019
                                                             Okay let’s make some sense of this...
Jan 08th 2019
                                                                  RE: Okay let’s make some sense of this...
Jan 08th 2019
                                                                  I will address this later this evening.
Jan 08th 2019
                                                                  its her body tho.
Jan 08th 2019
I take it you haven't seen the dude in the old pickup truck yet huh?
Jan 07th 2019
it's like
Jan 07th 2019
theres like 3 miserable looking fucks that sit outside a clinic
Jan 07th 2019
Just saw a steak in a grocery store with a slaughtered cow photo sticker
Jan 07th 2019
To be fair, that's not the same as abortion campaigns at all.... with
Jan 07th 2019
Better example: Graphic pics/vids from slaughterhouses
Jan 07th 2019
yeah, i think that's what it is
Jan 07th 2019
I’m talking about the images
Jan 07th 2019
im a savage cause if I saw that i would buy two packages of meat
Jan 07th 2019
      You enjoy the thought of animals suffering?
Jan 10th 2019
           She prolly enjoys steak.
Jan 10th 2019
they're just a few steps away from going full Eric Rudolph
Jan 07th 2019
I wonder why people give such a shit about abortion.
Jan 07th 2019
I'm sure the rationalization is "I care about those other things..."
Jan 07th 2019
It’s easier to love hypothetical people than real people
Jan 07th 2019
controlling women is a very important thing.
Jan 10th 2019
looks like it does a number to your body
Jan 07th 2019
I could be wrong but those photos are all bullshit/fake no?
Jan 08th 2019
i have no clue
Jan 08th 2019

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Mon Jan-07-19 12:05 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "...need to be shoved into a gulag"
In response to Reply # 0

can't stand them niggas for real.

first ones to call foul about whatever, but they out there putting pictures of fetuses on the highway and making mad vehicle convos awkward.

not to mention that the policy that they support is absolutely atrocious to society

hip bopper
Member since Jun 22nd 2003
7385 posts
Mon Jan-07-19 12:07 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "And what might that be?"
In response to Reply # 1

>not to mention that the policy that they support is absolutely
>atrocious to society

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Mon Jan-07-19 02:29 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
9. "anti-abortion is at best: a blatant 'make people poor' scheme"
In response to Reply # 2

that robs women of agency over their bodies, often implemented with little regard to the mother's life or the circumstances. a unnecessarily draconian way of telling women they ain't shit.

that has effects that often manifest economically.

I gives a fuck if you "agree" or not; as adults we should be able to abstain from practices that 1) don't affect us personally and 2) are totally voluntary.

these fake-ass Christianists and their selective morality sicken me.

Yes, I'm mad. Let's move on.

Jays | Cavs | Eagles | Sabres | Tarheels

PSN: Dr_Claw_77 | XBL: Dr Claw 077 | FB: drclaw077 | T: @drclaw77 | http://thepeoplesvault.wordpress.com

hip bopper
7385 posts
Mon Jan-07-19 04:05 PM

14. "Or at least that is what they want you to believe."
In response to Reply # 9
Mon Jan-07-19 04:05 PM by hip bopper

It’s so funny that black people choose things that we want to stand up for (and not to stand for). Abortion a majority of the time have very little to do with the life of the mother. Pregnancy should always be viewed as a celebration of life. If people were so concerned with the economic side of things then there would be less pregnancy period.

You’re correct in the fact that as adults we should abstain from situations that can have adverse consequences economically. What does trouble me is that abortions cause more deaths in the black community than any of act of violence committed by us and against since Roe v. Wade. Yet in still our community doesn’t seem to see the need to “abstain from such practices.” The problem isn’t with the Christians or any other anti-abortion group.

You won’t agree, but I don’t give a fuck about that either.

>that robs women of agency over their bodies, often
>implemented with little regard to the mother's life or the
>circumstances. a unnecessarily draconian way of telling women
>they ain't shit.
>
>that has effects that often manifest economically.
>
>I gives a fuck if you "agree" or not; as adults we should be
>able to abstain from practices that 1) don't affect us
>personally and 2) are totally voluntary.
>
>these fake-ass Christianists and their selective morality
>sicken me.

dgonsh
Member since Aug 14th 2002
10693 posts
Tue Jan-08-19 11:50 AM

19. ""Pregnancy should always be viewed as a celebration of life" "
In response to Reply # 14

FOH with that nonsense. None of your business how a woman views her pregnancy.

"I *always* quote myself. I'm the only reliable source on *most* subjects" - OKP's First Lady of Knowledge, Janey

hip bopper
7385 posts
Tue Jan-08-19 12:01 PM

21. "You dumbass motha fukka who asked you??? Fo’real"
In response to Reply # 19

>FOH with that nonsense. None of your business how a woman
>views her pregnancy.
>
>

My bad maybe yours shouldn’t have been.

*shrugs*

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79605 posts
Tue Jan-08-19 01:17 PM

23. "Whoa"
In response to Reply # 21

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

B9
Charter member
43124 posts
Tue Jan-08-19 01:35 PM

24. "You did, you dumb shit"

hip bopper
7385 posts
Tue Jan-08-19 02:08 PM

27. "Well not really genius..."
In response to Reply # 24

seeing as that my conversation wasn’t with him, or you for that matter.

dgonsh
10693 posts
Tue Jan-08-19 02:29 PM

31. "You really think a public forum is a DM? you new?"
In response to Reply # 27

"I *always* quote myself. I'm the only reliable source on *most* subjects" - OKP's First Lady of Knowledge, Janey

hip bopper
7385 posts
Tue Jan-08-19 02:37 PM

32. "Yes I “new”"
In response to Reply # 31

In all honesty while this is a public forum the conversation was still between myself and Claw.

B9
Charter member
43124 posts
Tue Jan-08-19 04:09 PM

38. "2. Post 2. You literally asked him a question. Dumb grandstanding idiots..."
In response to Reply # 27

hip bopper
7385 posts
Tue Jan-08-19 04:18 PM

39. "I get it you want to up your number of posts."
In response to Reply # 38

Seeing as that I didn’t ask him a question, also there is a dialogue happening.

Also seeing that you’re just trolling and have nothing to add then keep up the good work.

dgonsh
10693 posts
Tue Jan-08-19 01:44 PM

25. "your ignorance on pregnancy and fertility is astounding. byeeeee"

hip bopper
7385 posts
Tue Jan-08-19 02:06 PM

26. "And so is yours concerning life."
In response to Reply # 25

Like I said people make posts about police brutality and other social injustices. You idiots pick and choose what you want to stand for. You appear way too ignorant to hold a discussion concerning this top... so yeah bye!!!!!

dgonsh
10693 posts
Tue Jan-08-19 02:18 PM

28. "what injustices do you ("pick and choose") to stand for?"
In response to Reply # 26

you baited me. I'm curious. apparently we're conflating unrelated social issues, so go ahead. im interested what path you were taking with your previous comment. i don't presume your mind can be changed. but the lack of empathy for the complexity of fertility and pregnancy and a woman's right to control her own body astounds me.

hip bopper
7385 posts
Tue Jan-08-19 02:25 PM

29. "Look you said bye and so did I"
In response to Reply # 28

If you were really serious about having a real discussion then you tone would’ve been different. Take your L and move on.

dgonsh
10693 posts
Tue Jan-08-19 02:28 PM

30. "Lol @ "take your l". YOU said my birth shouldn't have been celebrated"
In response to Reply # 29

which honestly made me laugh but you baited me.

didn't realize "bye" was a binding statement

okay though you dont want to address it? fine

hip bopper
7385 posts
Tue Jan-08-19 02:45 PM

33. "Look I will admit that the statement I made was foul."
In response to Reply # 30

At the same time it proved my point. All life should be celebrated including yours (I guess).

j/k

Just a quick number to throw at you... there have been 19M abortions by black women since Roe v Wade.

dgonsh
10693 posts
Tue Jan-08-19 03:00 PM

34. "no its fine. im not hurt by a joke. i am perplexed though"
In response to Reply # 33
Tue Jan-08-19 03:05 PM by dgonsh

i hate to strawman or appealing to extremes but its all too common, so a woman who is raped, or even more generally a woman who is impregnated knowing this will endanger her life or will be unviable, or a woman who simply does not want or have the financial or emotional perception to justify having a child... all of those, to you, are celebrations and should under no circumstances be terminated at the carrier's will?

i can do the mental gymnastics to wrap my head around a person being anti-choice. but the generality that the very act of being pregnant is necessarily a celebration feels wildly unsympathetic to nuance or circumstance and feels devoid of reason.

hip bopper
7385 posts
Tue Jan-08-19 03:27 PM

35. "Okay let’s make some sense of this..."
In response to Reply # 34

When it comes to issues of rape, there are women that have decided to still have the child. I do understand in that situation if she wouldn’t want to have the baby. I have no disagreements there on whatever that woman decided for this instance.

A woman that would have her life put in danger and they had to abort the child to save her life then I have no disagreements with her decision to save her own life.

Now in terms of economics this is where I don’t agree with abortion. The woman knowingly made a choice to sleep with that man. She gets pregnant and so she shouldn’t be allowed to abort her child. Her life isn’t at risk nor was she raped. Some cases have been because that sorry ass man didn’t want to step up and provide. Now you may disagree with that, but I will ask you this. Most families before this day and age have large families... 10+ children. They found a way to make it. I made the mistake of not waiting until later in life to have children and things were tough starting out, but I am glad that the decision was made to have each of my children. I don’t care what anyone says if you are serious about making a way for that child then nothing will stop you from making sure that you provide for your children. Children are indeed a blessing.

So I ask you to wrap your mind around this thought out of the 19M abortions in the black community, how many do you actually think were rape or the woman’s life was in danger? I will reiterate that there is nothing better when a child is about to be born. I am blessed that all three of born. Children really teach you about yourself. You truly get to learn what patience is all about which is what make the struggle memorable.

>i hate to strawman or appealing to extremes but its all to
>common, so a woman who is raped, or even more generally a
>woman who is impregnated knowing this will endanger her life
>or will be unviable, or a woman who simply does not want or
>have the financial or emotional perception to justify having a
>child... all of those, to you, are celebrations and should
>under no circumstances be terminated at the carrier's will?
>
>i can do the mental gymnastics to wrap my head around a person
>being anti-choice. but the generality that the very act of
>being pregnant is necessarily a celebration feels wildly
>unsympathetic to nuance or circumstance and feels devoid of
>reason.

dgonsh
10693 posts
Tue Jan-08-19 03:55 PM

36. "RE: Okay let’s make some sense of this..."
In response to Reply # 35

>When it comes to issues of rape, there are women that have
>decided to still have the child. I do understand in that
>situation if she wouldn’t want to have the baby. I have no
>disagreements there on whatever that woman decided for this
>instance.

okay. good. this does counter the all pregnancies are a celebration as does the next point you make. i reacted to that piece of your original argument to dr claw. but okay.

>
>A woman that would have her life put in danger and they had to
>abort the child to save her life then I have no disagreements
>with her decision to save her own life.
>

addressed above.

>Now in terms of economics this is where I don’t agree with
>abortion. The woman knowingly made a choice to sleep with
>that man. She gets pregnant and so she shouldn’t be allowed
>to abort her child. Her life isn’t at risk nor was she
>raped. Some cases have been because that sorry ass man
>didn’t want to step up and provide. Now you may disagree
>with that, but I will ask you this. Most families before this
>day and age have large families... 10+ children. They found a
>way to make it. I made the mistake of not waiting until later
>in life to have children and things were tough starting out,
>but I am glad that the decision was made to have each of my
>children. I don’t care what anyone says if you are serious
>about making a way for that child then nothing will stop you
>from making sure that you provide for your children. Children
>are indeed a blessing.

i fundamentally disagree with you for the reason that i believe what's right for me does not make it so for someone else. i dont judge why someone chooses to or nor to have a child. this is an area we disagree on, clearly. you make the point about accountability for choices made...that feels like society punishing a woman for the consequence of getting pregnant. i disagree with that. it feels archaic and like enslavement from big brother or big religion. this is not meant to sound judgmental. i just disagree so vehemently with it on every level.

>
>So I ask you to wrap your mind around this thought out of the
>19M abortions in the black community, how many do you actually
>think were rape or the woman’s life was in danger?

There are SO many reasons for this. Lack of access to sex education and contraceptives is by far the #1. Maybe you believe condoms for birth control, or even birth control itself or IUD are okay, but if they shouldn't work and a pregnancy results, the woman must not abort. or you believe contraception of any kind is against the will of...god? (not judging, some people take this stance, maybe you do/dont). Some vegans eat honey, some dont. There are levels of how deeply or extreme someone believes and takes a moral stance.

>I will reiterate that there is nothing better when a child is about
>to be born. I am blessed that all three of born. Children
>really teach you about yourself. You truly get to learn what
>patience is all about which is what make the struggle
>memorable.
>

This is 100% anecdotal and wonderful for you, sincerely. But It completely ignores that humans are complex and could fundamentally disagree. Some people have NO desire to raise a child for NUMEROUS different valid reasons. I agree with you, personally, that you can't decide to have a baby by making a budget with a calculator. People have raised children forever with less than nothing. But that is irrelevant to CHOICE. Some people have no interest at all in the struggle. Your experience is great but is not in any way reflective of everyones.

Which comes back to the age-old Pro-Choice vs Anti-Choice. I a pro-choice. You are not. As a matter of free speech, that is your prerogative. But to suggest that there is no nuance in the celebratory merits of pregnancy does not sit well with me and comes off idealistic.

hip bopper
7385 posts
Tue Jan-08-19 04:19 PM

40. "I will address this later this evening."
In response to Reply # 36

tariqhu
Charter member
17891 posts
Tue Jan-08-19 04:09 PM

37. "its her body tho."
In response to Reply # 35

>
>Now in terms of economics this is where I don’t agree with
>abortion. The woman knowingly made a choice to sleep with
>that man. She gets pregnant and so she shouldn’t be allowed
>to abort her child. Her life isn’t at risk nor was she
>raped. Some cases have been because that sorry ass man
>didn’t want to step up and provide. Now you may disagree
>with that, but I will ask you this. Most families before this
>day and age have large families... 10+ children. They found a
>way to make it. I made the mistake of not waiting until later
>in life to have children and things were tough starting out,
>but I am glad that the decision was made to have each of my
>children. I don’t care what anyone says if you are serious
>about making a way for that child then nothing will stop you
>from making sure that you provide for your children. Children
>are indeed a blessing.

how can you tell her that should be made to have a baby that she doesn't want to have? that's the part that doesn't make sense. you can believe in blessings all you want, but blessing don't take care of babies.

what if the woman knows her family situation aint stable? what if bringing a baby into the world meant another mouth to feed when she already can't feed herself? you'll prolly say she shouldn't have had sex. maybe. but its too late for that after she's pregnant. regardless its HER body, HER decision to move forward in the way she sees fit.

those large fams of yesteryear...do you really think those folks would make the same decisions in today's climate? those folks weren't better than subsequent generations. they just had different circumstances to work within.
>
>So I ask you to wrap your mind around this thought out of the
>19M abortions in the black community, how many do you actually
>think were rape or the woman’s life was in danger? I will
>reiterate that there is nothing better when a child is about
>to be born. I am blessed that all three of born. Children
>really teach you about yourself. You truly get to learn what
>patience is all about which is what make the struggle
>memorable.

its still HER choice. what else should women not be allowed to do?

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44616 posts
Mon Jan-07-19 12:29 PM

3. "I take it you haven't seen the dude in the old pickup truck yet huh?"
In response to Reply # 0

He's been driving around DC for at least the past 20 years with those plastered on the side of his makeshift panel cab.

"Get ready....for your blessing....."

Crash Bandacoot
10119 posts
Mon Jan-07-19 03:11 PM

12. "it's like"
In response to Reply # 3

i don't know what to say. repulsive but, it's very real. and oh god, the people down
by the whitehouse are even worse.

GriftyMcgrift
Member since May 22nd 2002
20414 posts
Mon Jan-07-19 12:40 PM

4. "theres like 3 miserable looking fucks that sit outside a clinic"
In response to Reply # 0

here in dallas (well its a suburb of dallas, plano)

theres one dude in a wheel chair holding up the protest sign also got a confederate flag

s
m
d
h

fuck that guy

legsdiamond
79605 posts
Mon Jan-07-19 01:14 PM

5. "Just saw a steak in a grocery store with a slaughtered cow photo sticker"
In response to Reply # 0

slapped on it on some “my name was Poppy, please don’t eat me”

Used to hate when they would have the videos of slaughterhouses outside McDonalds on campus

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

mellowboogie
Member since Jun 26th 2006
3608 posts
Mon Jan-07-19 01:23 PM

6. "To be fair, that's not the same as abortion campaigns at all.... with "
In response to Reply # 5

abortion, the pro lifers are taking power away from the mother. They want to force women to go through with unwanted pregnancies, despite potential mental health issues, pregnancy due to rape/incest and the simple CHOICE of an adult woman.

Most vegans are pro choice. They also believe that animals should have choice which they blatantly don't in the meat industry. The meat industry today is sad, barbaric and fucked up. 99% of meat now comes from factory farms where animals are living in terrible conditions. Farmers separate offspring well before weaning.

If anything, Vegans see pro lifers as total hypocrites. People claiming to regard life as sacred but only if they're human and it fits their agenda.

'Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent. ~Victor Hugo'

Cocobrotha2
Charter member
10884 posts
Mon Jan-07-19 01:59 PM

7. "Better example: Graphic pics/vids from slaughterhouses "
In response to Reply # 6

I think those kind of pics are used similarly to provoke people through revulsion... making them see the aftermath or how things are being done, and hoping that will make them question whether it should be done in the first place.

<-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->

Crash Bandacoot
10119 posts
Mon Jan-07-19 03:09 PM

11. "yeah, i think that's what it is"
In response to Reply # 7

these things are real but, to see it like that. it's traumatizing.

legsdiamond
79605 posts
Mon Jan-07-19 04:44 PM

15. "I’m talking about the images "
In response to Reply # 6

shygurl
Member since Oct 08th 2002
13361 posts
Mon Jan-07-19 07:09 PM

17. "im a savage cause if I saw that i would buy two packages of meat"
In response to Reply # 5

Fuck outta here with that.

I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.

— F. Scott Fitzgerald

mellowboogie
Member since Jun 26th 2006
3608 posts
Thu Jan-10-19 12:06 PM

41. "You enjoy the thought of animals suffering? "
In response to Reply # 17

'Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent. ~Victor Hugo'

legsdiamond
79605 posts
Thu Jan-10-19 01:01 PM

43. "She prolly enjoys steak. "
In response to Reply # 41

I know I do.

Amritsar
Member since Jan 18th 2008
32093 posts
Mon Jan-07-19 02:08 PM

8. "they're just a few steps away from going full Eric Rudolph "
In response to Reply # 0

levels to this homegrown terrorism shit

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49420 posts
Mon Jan-07-19 02:34 PM

10. "I wonder why people give such a shit about abortion. "
In response to Reply # 0

I mean I understand it as an issue but for it to be the single issue that certain people care about to only vote on that one issue.

Like how do you get worked up about the "lives" of these fetuses but don't give a shit about refugee children dying at the border.

I would love to read a good account of where the single issue abortion voter came from.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

Cocobrotha2
Charter member
10884 posts
Mon Jan-07-19 03:12 PM

13. "I'm sure the rationalization is "I care about those other things...""
In response to Reply # 10

"but abortion is such an abomination to me that I've chosen abolishing it as my political priority".

Or "I have other priorities but abortion is an easy "against" vote for me in just bout any form".

It isn't too hard to understand how people rationalize it.

Few people have the time to actively support more than a handful of political causes at one time .... and fewer put in the time to figure out if their differing political views are logically consistent.

rob
Charter member
23210 posts
Mon Jan-07-19 06:35 PM

16. "It’s easier to love hypothetical people than real people"

That seems to apply to all kinds of scenarios

Rjcc
Charter member
94964 posts
Thu Jan-10-19 12:26 PM

42. "controlling women is a very important thing."

if they don't have women under control what do they have?

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

Crash Bandacoot
10119 posts
Mon Jan-07-19 07:21 PM

18. "looks like it does a number to your body"
In response to Reply # 0

definitely makes you think before engaging.

dgonsh
10693 posts
Tue Jan-08-19 11:59 AM

20. "I could be wrong but those photos are all bullshit/fake no?"
In response to Reply # 0

Crash Bandacoot
10119 posts
Tue Jan-08-19 01:03 PM

22. "i have no clue"
In response to Reply # 20

but i could believe it. i wondered how they are able to obtain the
graphics...i don't want to dig too deep into that though.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13305045 Previous topic | Next topic