Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13300909

Subject: "FRIDAY - "I got about $200 dollars!"" Previous topic | Next topic
PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 12:27 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"FRIDAY - "I got about $200 dollars!""

*up in pockets*

payday finally... skinny couple weeks... Christmas going to dent this up bad mind you but I'll be damned if it ain't a relief.

oh man.. yesterday at work was a horrorshow.... frustration escalated to aggravation. ruined my entire day and night...

I don't want to get into too much of it but lets just say I'm a passionate guy and not everyone has a salt lick large enough to take it

I replayed the whole thing all night and when I woke up this morning I feel like I acquiesced to being at fault when I really should've stuck to my guns..

you know I'm an old dog you... get the same feedback over and over again in life and you just start to accept it as fact anytime it's brought up.. in this case it pull that card and I pretty much capitulate on any point I may have no matter how valid.

"oh but you're a known a**h*** so you must've been being an a**h***"

and then it's like "yep straight up, my bad, go ahead kick those puppies, I was in the wrong to try and stop you."

that's not exactly how it played out.. and believe it or not I'm probably painting a better picture of my own end of it.. but maybe you get the idea..

here it is the day after FRIDAY no less.. I should be talking about my weekend plans.... oh boy just noticed I have my weekly one on one with my Team Leader in 30mins.... anybody got a valium or something stronger my inner Ramone is screaming to be sedated... lol naw I'm calm but i'm in that indifferent place that just won't read well in interpersonal interaction right now... and I'd like to be even more indifferent.

speaking of the Ramones... this is my current mood:

https://youtu.be/Sjalt83wU-A

Friday... kill this day and bring on the evening!!!!

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
im feeling the pinch
Dec 07th 2018
all that is felt fam.
Dec 07th 2018
      i cheated
Dec 07th 2018
lol there's a lot of missing and misplaced punctuation going on
Dec 07th 2018
what’s happenin’....
Dec 07th 2018
regarding you with serious admiration
Dec 07th 2018
im glad its friday.
Dec 07th 2018
me too
Dec 07th 2018
      I've never read him, but every quote I've read by him is beautiful
Dec 07th 2018
Job is going well
Dec 07th 2018
kids be acting like sometimes its a job sometimes it's a vacation
Dec 07th 2018
Airport and Epicenter...curious what you'll think of Creed
Dec 07th 2018
Three spliffs had my wing tips clipped...
Dec 07th 2018
I had a good 3 month run last year
Dec 07th 2018
Worked hard this week to finish my part of a presentation for today
Dec 07th 2018
lol really how they going to say that and then do that?!?
Dec 07th 2018
Uber, Uber..maybe some Lyft, and mo' Uber
Dec 07th 2018
You Do Both?
Dec 08th 2018
      I havent driven Lyft in almost a year
Dec 10th 2018
Huh?
Dec 07th 2018
think imma pull out ye olde dj equipment, po' myself something an bang
Dec 07th 2018
      Man, I spent the whole weekend cleaning up the lab. Made no beats.
Dec 10th 2018

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 01:25 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "im feeling the pinch"
In response to Reply # 0

>oh man.. yesterday at work was a horrorshow.... frustration
>escalated to aggravation. ruined my entire day and night...
>
>I don't want to get into too much of it but lets just say I'm
>a passionate guy and not everyone has a salt lick large enough
>to take it
>
>I replayed the whole thing all night and when I woke up this
>morning I feel like I acquiesced to being at fault when I
>really should've stuck to my guns..

>
>here it is the day after FRIDAY no less.. I should be talking
>about my weekend plans.... oh boy just noticed I have my
>weekly one on one with my Team Leader in 30mins.... anybody
>got a valium or something stronger my inner Ramone is
>screaming to be sedated... lol naw I'm calm but i'm in that
>indifferent place that just won't read well in interpersonal
>interaction right now... and I'd like to be even more
>indifferent.

man this was my old job. constant replaying battles at work, losing sleep. i feel for you. i also had weekly meetings, and daily meetings and meeting meetings. i dont miss that all. hope your friday goes well.

im a bit on edge still about these mistakes. i think i have a good way to close the gaps that have had me relying on the vendor and creating confusion on who does what. its gonna be a gamble but i think im gonna have to go all in.

ive been feeling that my pockets were about to get tighter and yep. dont get paid until next friday and that bank account is looking low. i did pay a few bills ahead of time but still have a couple more to worry about before pay day.

rainy night ahead so i dont think im going to uber tonight. have to tomorrow though.

good thing im done with xmas shopping.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 01:35 PM

3. "all that is felt fam."
In response to Reply # 1

>
>good thing im done with xmas shopping.
>

'cept this.. I haven't even started mine. guess I should put that on my weekend plans lis tmaybe

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 01:44 PM

4. "i cheated"
In response to Reply # 3

im hoping i dont regret it

i did it all online, signed up for the overlords amazon cc with free interest and a $60 gift card. so im gonna pay back in chunks and if nothing goes bad i will get my yearly bonus before the final payment is due in case i slack off on paying it back.

could work out each year if i do it right. unfortunately the selection wasnt great, there were a couple folks i had to go with the gift card route because i didnt find anything i really thought they would like. thankfully they did put gift cards as desired gifts.

just need to forget about the cc when i make any more purchases and resist buying $500 headphones just cause.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 01:25 PM

2. "lol there's a lot of missing and misplaced punctuation going on"
In response to Reply # 0

sorry about that...

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 02:00 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "what’s happenin’...."
In response to Reply # 0

“what’s happenin...what’s happenin’’? leave a message...
that’s my daddy’s voicemail message, lol

but yeah,
I have a few coins
picking my grandkids up from school
we bout’ to spend it like we’re rich
I haven’t seen my babies in a few weeks...

I’m having dinner with a friend tomorrow
that’s about it for the weekend...

/
figured it what’s been stressing me...
the business requires me to be out in the public eye
reveal more
I’m afraid
but what I’m bringing is pure
so I’m fighting against myself...

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 03:42 PM

11. "regarding you with serious admiration"
In response to Reply # 5

>/
>figured it what’s been stressing me...
>the business requires me to be out in the public eye
>reveal more
>I’m afraid
>but what I’m bringing is pure
>so I’m fighting against myself...

good stuff to identify and have a handle on... I need to do some better self analysis and get my ducks in line too.

shygurl
Member since Oct 08th 2002
13361 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 02:26 PM

6. "im glad its friday."
In response to Reply # 0

Got another week until payday, so I won't be buying shit this weekend. I'm off from work tho, and I plan on lazing around like a true bum. I can't wait. (just gotta get through work today)

I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.

— F. Scott Fitzgerald

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 03:43 PM

12. "me too"
In response to Reply # 6

btw I really love your signature.. he's amazing and that quote is one to take to heart.

shygurl
Member since Oct 08th 2002
13361 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 05:21 PM

19. "I've never read him, but every quote I've read by him is beautiful"
In response to Reply # 12
Fri Dec-07-18 05:28 PM by shygurl

That quote right there is truly something to live by and something that is me to the core.

I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.

— F. Scott Fitzgerald

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79594 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 03:01 PM

7. "Job is going well"
In response to Reply # 0

but my money meeting with the marketing vendor was postponed and now she is being funny style.

Turns out I think my boss just wants me to buy swag shit for students who take our training courses. Jackets and bags and shit. I’m going to pick some fly shit but it’s still a disappointment.

NBA All Star game is in Charlotte so we should have a presence somewhere. Airport at least.

Going to see Creed II tonight. Daycare is doing the Parents night out. Gonna be interesting picking up the kids and taking them right back. They gonna be mad until they get those snacks. Then again, kids are funny, they may be happy to play late night with each other.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 03:45 PM

13. "kids be acting like sometimes its a job sometimes it's a vacation"
In response to Reply # 7

all fickle as hell about that stuff until they get into real school and make up their minds (some love it some don't imo)

Have a good night out with the partner fam. Glad the new gig is working out.

tully_blanchard
Charter member
6902 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 04:41 PM

18. "Airport and Epicenter...curious what you'll think of Creed"
In response to Reply # 7

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

https://astackofwax.com/

#2dopebrothersandastackofwax

https://www.instagram.com/thirtythree.three/

The Greatest Story (N)ever Told (finished)

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=s

bearfield
Member since Mar 10th 2005
8050 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 03:21 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
8. "Three spliffs had my wing tips clipped..."
In response to Reply # 0

I was stuck in a hangar /
Muffle my pain and muzzle my brain up

fucking earl. is it corny for me to say earl sweatshirt is my spirit animal?

i'm lacking for the first time in over a year. generally speaking, 100% of the time i'm not at work or asleep i'm using. it's been a huge boon for me for the past 12 months. i lost about 25 pounds, gained a ton of confidence, and became better at a lot of things because using lifted the anxiety and depression cage that was locking my mind down and preventing me from doing anything productive. my sister says she's noticed a huge improvement in my demeanor and well-being and that she was thrilled that other people were getting to see the "bubby" she knows so well

i'm pretty anxious about not having it but the past few days have been ok (the first day was really rough) and i have one emergency edible should shit get particularly dire. this time of year is usually extremely rough for me so i'm not sure what the end of the month is going to look like but these first few days are promising

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 03:40 PM

10. "I had a good 3 month run last year"
In response to Reply # 8

let that slide....

it was revelatory... I haven't lost the strength of that revelation entirely but you put it into a day in and day out context and the slope got slippery AF quick enough... i mean WTF it's hard when your happy place be doing you like that..

good luck and strength fam.

and Earl... has not failed once.. his releases are consistently fantastic and fresh.. not only that but always with the gauntlet laying down level of creative.

lol that said if you're picking Earl I may have to go with Vince as mine... although honestly I can't stop hitting play on Valee whenever something pops in the queue.. he's a bit to much of a fashion conscious baller to be my spirit animal tho.

sectachrome86
Member since Dec 22nd 2007
2729 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 03:28 PM

9. "Worked hard this week to finish my part of a presentation for today"
In response to Reply # 0

Crammed it in along with a lot of regular work to do. They told me it was the most important part of the presentation.

Today they told me theyre too scared to show it to the execs yet because it might ruffle some feathers. So now I busted my ass for nothing and its going to look like I haven't contributed anything. Cool.

On the plus side it made this week go by fast.

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.soundcloud.com/sectachrome

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 03:51 PM

14. "lol really how they going to say that and then do that?!?"
In response to Reply # 9

I don't know the details but it sounds like a bad idea to chicken out and pull the "most important part" because they're worried about ruffling feathers.. sounds like there's info the excs need in there and likely somebody in their number wants.. they want to know they don't want BS unless you can maintain the bs as fact to their bottom line... you let them get blindsided by something because folks are scurred.. could go horribly wrong imo... but like I started with I've no real idea of the details so I'm talking out the wrong side.

tully_blanchard
Charter member
6902 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 03:53 PM

15. "Uber, Uber..maybe some Lyft, and mo' Uber"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Dec-07-18 03:53 PM by tully_blanchard

The wife not working a regular job is really becoming more of a headache than normal. We worked out how much she should make per week (which is really attainable), but she aint been meeting those goals..so now we're both having to Uber like crazy to make up the slack...shit..

I'm looking forward to it though. I aint been out in a couple of weeks...kinda miss being on the road.

Ready to get this Christmas shit over with. If it wasnt for The Kid, we wouldnt even put up a tree.

I'm starting to feel trapped at work...so I've been going extra hard on the website. I've changed the "new release" page to give me more room to put more than 8 new albums. Gotta get busy adding the extra content.....gotta get the ad dollars going.

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

RexLongfellow
Charter member
18296 posts
Sat Dec-08-18 08:38 PM

20. "You Do Both?"
In response to Reply # 15

I do Lyft on the weekends and can make some pretty decent cake in a weekend. But I wondered how the Uber pays

But from what I'm hearing from my passengers in North NJ, more and more people are leaving the black for the pink

tully_blanchard
Charter member
6902 posts
Mon Dec-10-18 10:26 AM

21. "I havent driven Lyft in almost a year"
In response to Reply # 20

But I got the lil promo they had over the weekend and gave it a shot. The app wouldnt open, so I said "fuck it" and went back to Uber.

Uber has changed the "boosts" or "multiplier" method in the past couple of weeks. Whereas, you'd look at an area on the map and it would show like, any rides in *this* area will be 2.5x the amount of the normal fare, now they just slap a dollar amount on it. Which worked out great for me, cause I took a dude not even half a mile down the street (which I normally woulda only got 3.75 for), but that area (around Lenox Mall) was surging at a +19, so I ended up getting around 23 bucks to take a dude down the street and around the corner.

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13573 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 04:23 PM

16. "Huh?"
In response to Reply # 0

Been powering through the noise and distractions here. Haven't even had headphones on half the time, just zoning-out. Pulled out some old code for some side projects and refactoring it has me a bit reinvigorated.

Can't wait to get home, turn the heat up, pop a cap & roll one. Going to re-setup my production equipment tonight and make some music.

tully_blanchard
Charter member
6902 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 04:35 PM

17. "think imma pull out ye olde dj equipment, po' myself something an bang"
In response to Reply # 16

Been waaay to long

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13573 posts
Mon Dec-10-18 10:44 AM

22. "Man, I spent the whole weekend cleaning up the lab. Made no beats."
In response to Reply # 17

I planned to just set everything back up, but once I started I was like "Well, might as well clean while I got this equipment out of the way." Everything snowballed from there. Good thing is everything is MUCH cleaner. Hopefully this week I'll get to some music.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13300909 Previous topic | Next topic