Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13299137

Subject: "Falling Out With Family :(" Previous topic | Next topic
Damali
Member since Sep 12th 2002
35865 posts
Wed Nov-28-18 10:03 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Falling Out With Family :("

My sister and I are beefing over our mother...

this is horrible.

and its just getting started

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
It sucks but be the bigger person.
Nov 28th 2018
yeah i always gotta be that cuz she's so immature lol
Nov 29th 2018
Hugs. The holidays make for especially bad timing, I'm sure
Nov 28th 2018
omg hush lol
Nov 29th 2018
      Just sayin, I'm here for you, ya know? I got like 14 fly swatters at the...
Nov 30th 2018
i don't have enough time to form arguments with family
Nov 28th 2018
thats the worst but not uncommon
Nov 28th 2018
RE: Falling Out With Daughter :(
Nov 28th 2018
RE: Falling Out With Daughter :(
Nov 30th 2018
      Both! She don’t get that she’s not independent (and able to call all...
Nov 30th 2018
My siblings and I are super cool
Nov 28th 2018
Yup. Now that our mother has passed we have been closer than ever.
Nov 28th 2018
Only because yo both love her I'm guessing. stay gold.
Nov 28th 2018
I'm beefing (not really, lol)
Nov 29th 2018
Damn. Sounds like my cousin
Nov 29th 2018
shit sucks :-(
Nov 29th 2018
thanks for the support y'all
Nov 29th 2018
gosh thats very similar to the situation with my pops
Nov 29th 2018
My dad did dialysis. He was a shit talker too
Nov 29th 2018
lol at waking up and calling you fat
Nov 29th 2018
I lightweight joke about the older contigent being eligible for..
Nov 30th 2018
her and i have different tolerance / patience levels
Nov 29th 2018
      i feel you
Nov 29th 2018
           thank you. much appreciated
Nov 30th 2018
My MIL takes care of her mom
Nov 29th 2018
      I'm dreading the time my mom and MIL
Nov 29th 2018
           Just my wife’s mom is left
Nov 29th 2018

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49415 posts
Wed Nov-28-18 10:30 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "It sucks but be the bigger person. "
In response to Reply # 0

Or find that family member who can broker peace.

My wife acts as our couples therapist and moderator for my beefs with my brother.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

Damali
35865 posts
Thu Nov-29-18 12:27 PM

12. "yeah i always gotta be that cuz she's so immature lol"
In response to Reply # 1

d

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44843 posts
Wed Nov-28-18 10:30 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Hugs. The holidays make for especially bad timing, I'm sure "
In response to Reply # 0

So give us her location, and we'll all mobb through and beat her with whiffle ball bats.

By the time we're done, she'll be apologizing to you for having to expend the energy it took to put the hit out 😁.

Damali
35865 posts
Thu Nov-29-18 12:28 PM

13. "omg hush lol"
In response to Reply # 2

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44843 posts
Fri Nov-30-18 09:27 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
27. "Just sayin, I'm here for you, ya know? I got like 14 fly swatters at the..."
In response to Reply # 13

😁😁😁😁

tomjohn29
Member since Oct 18th 2004
16802 posts
Wed Nov-28-18 10:36 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "i don't have enough time to form arguments with family"
In response to Reply # 0

like literally
i have not talked to one of my sisters in about 6 years
not because of beef....i literally called 6 years ago...she said she was busy let me call you back
it was about the 5th time she did that
she never called back
never called her
meh

Navem nu, cuando sol
Tutu nu, vondo nos nu
Vita em, no continous non
Nos nu ekta nos sepe ta, amen

When the sun shades the ship
We sweat and life is not safe
To swim or to touch not
When we unite we hedge amen

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Wed Nov-28-18 10:53 AM

4. "thats the worst but not uncommon"
In response to Reply # 0

i dont know the details but i hope the disagreement is at least coming from a good place. might need to step back and give each other a little room to breathe. compromise if possible.

i dont like seeing my brother and sister argue in group texts.

heres hoping for the best.

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Wed Nov-28-18 11:13 AM

5. "RE: Falling Out With Daughter :("
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Nov-28-18 11:24 AM by Creole

Since she came home earlier this summer from her freshman year, we just ain't been the same. I created the monster and gotta break it down to its essence while also understanding that some of it is because she's growing into adulthood.

Edit:
I pray that whatever it is between you and your sister is resolved in the best way possible.

--- praying for peace, love, and power

BlakStaar
Member since May 29th 2002
1261 posts
Fri Nov-30-18 05:52 PM

25. "RE: Falling Out With Daughter :("
In response to Reply # 5

What are y’all having issues with? Money? Independence?

--
"Music is not to be possessed; it's to be shared.” - James Mtume

"Just stay loose, keep it raw, and bang ya drums out sometimes." - Madlib

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Fri Nov-30-18 07:19 PM

26. "Both! She don’t get that she’s not independent (and able to call all..."
In response to Reply # 25
Fri Nov-30-18 07:21 PM by Creole

of her own shots) as long as I’m her primary benefactor.

There are some things she’s able to run especially while she’s on campus. Running my schedule and my pockets aren’t included in that.

--- praying for peace, love, and power

bigkarma
Charter member
7859 posts
Wed Nov-28-18 11:27 AM

6. "My siblings and I are super cool"
In response to Reply # 0

But I suspect that's because our parents are gone, we're all pretty stable in our respective careers, and we all live very separate lives.

Some combination of us come together on major holidays, and then we all go our separate ways. We're able to kick it because we have nothing to be in conflict over.

It definitely wasn't like that when we lived under the same roof...we fought like cats and dogs.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79594 posts
Wed Nov-28-18 12:16 PM

7. "Yup. Now that our mother has passed we have been closer than ever. "
In response to Reply # 6

At the funeral home they commented how siblings fight and were surprised how we handled everything. We just put our trust in the oldest sibling.

M wife and her sister tho? Sibling rivalry. I hate it.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Wed Nov-28-18 12:52 PM

8. "Only because yo both love her I'm guessing. stay gold."
In response to Reply # 0

I hope and trust you guys will get it sorted.

tariqhu
Charter member
17890 posts
Thu Nov-29-18 09:51 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
9. "I'm beefing (not really, lol)"
In response to Reply # 0

with my cousin who cheated on his wife and blamed her. told me that she wasn't sexing him so he stepped out. problem is everything he told me about it was as lie. I already knew most of the story from other sources and nothing he said match anything. he's kinda trife in general.

he's always got multiple jobs. that's is ruse to not be home. you aint working that much, bruh.

my real issue with him is that he's never been really close to his children. he's got a daughter in college, damn near in spite of him. he also has a 4-5 yr old son. from what I'm hearing, he really doesn't hang with that child much either.

the daughter has always pined for him and wanted to please him. now she sees him for what he has always been. heartbreaking to witness.

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

legsdiamond
79594 posts
Thu Nov-29-18 12:08 PM

11. "Damn. Sounds like my cousin"
In response to Reply # 9

He asked my dad a hypothetical about cheating and my dad was like “I’m the wrong nigga to ask, but I already know you did it... it won’t end well”

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

shygurl
Member since Oct 08th 2002
13361 posts
Thu Nov-29-18 11:37 AM

10. "shit sucks :-("
In response to Reply # 0

Hope everything works out for the best.

I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.

— F. Scott Fitzgerald

Damali
35865 posts
Thu Nov-29-18 12:40 PM

14. "thanks for the support y'all"
In response to Reply # 0

my mom lives with her in FL and is sick (dialysis, etc)..we don't agree about how to "help" her. there's so many layers to it but I think my sister is verbally and emotionally abusive to my mom in her weakened state, and she's like, well you don't know what its like to have to deal with taking care of her cuz you're in NJ

I'm like yall chose to move to Fl and to live together...just be kind and compassionate to her, sheesh

again there's so much more to the story but yeah

d

mista k5
16414 posts
Thu Nov-29-18 12:54 PM

15. "gosh thats very similar to the situation with my pops"
In response to Reply # 14

my sister moved out to houston with my mom and dad. moms was taking care of pops mostly. sister was supporting them.

brothers complaints with my sister were the same as yours are with your sister.

my dad was always difficult, i think after almost a decade on dialysis he softened up before leaving us. mom took on most of that stress.

tough situation no doubt.

i say youre not wrong for wanting your sister to be nicer but shes right that being in the thick of it changes perspective.

im forever thankful that my sister was taking care of them during this. makes it hard for me to criticize her because i dont really know how i would be if i had taken them in.

legsdiamond
79594 posts
Thu Nov-29-18 01:10 PM

17. "My dad did dialysis. He was a shit talker too"
In response to Reply # 15

He would be so mean to folks trying to keep him alive.

We recently went home to see fam for Thanksgiving. My wife’s grandmother called and begged us bring the kids to see her. As soon as we got there she insulted my wife. She calls everyone fat even if they are regular size.

One time I went home to see my dad and he was asleep. Dude woke up and said “damn you getting fat” and went back to sleep. I ain’t even fat...lol.

I guess it’s part of growing old. You just say mean shit.

mista k5
16414 posts
Thu Nov-29-18 01:37 PM

18. "lol at waking up and calling you fat"
In response to Reply # 17

my dads temper was nothing to do with age. maybe a bit of a grudge for my grandpa forcing him to drop out i think in 8th grade to start working.

my dad was mean always and drinking did not help. he was usually only nice to me, so i have some sort of guilt about that.

he got nicer in his last couple of years. i think my niece being born was a big part of that.

i think my dad was still mad at all of us for saving his life. dude was weeks if not days away of going because he refused to go to a dr to find out why he was swelling up and not holding down anything. we forced him to go to the ER, next day hes on dialysis with basically complete failure of both kidneys. he did not want to go to the dr and was still mad even after they told him what was up. i think it wasnt until like 5 years later where he was like okay i did need to go to the dr.

his temper had definitely cooled. you could see it try to peek out in some moments but as a whole he had chilled.

that phonte album hit me hard because of this.

RaphaelSoulLee
Member since May 21st 2003
3765 posts
Fri Nov-30-18 01:28 PM

24. "I lightweight joke about the older contigent being eligible for.."
In response to Reply # 17

A "B*tch and moan/Complain" Card. They say whatev...

>I guess it’s part of growing old. You just say mean shit.

It takes all kinds to make up a world, son. -My pops

I just live for the comments -Da wiz

Damali
35865 posts
Thu Nov-29-18 05:10 PM

20. "her and i have different tolerance / patience levels"
In response to Reply # 15

there isn't a thing my mom could say to me that would make me treat her any less than human in her state of suffering.

we both know my mom very well. she's no angel...but the mature thing to do is rise above that and let the damn woman have some peace / joy in these last years of her life

again, maturing and "rising above" are things my sister has never been good at. She's the Queen of holding grudges (by her own admission) and resents mom for past shit

meanwhile my mom has been fowl as fuck to me too, but when i hear her tell me how no one hugs her anymore, it breaks my heart.

d

mista k5
16414 posts
Thu Nov-29-18 05:17 PM

21. "i feel you"
In response to Reply # 20

i think this post gave some good insight into whats happening. i agree with you that she should be hugged and showed love. doesnt matter how she may have treated yall before.

you have to be the best that you can be and not come down due to others.

i hope you ladies can find some peace.

Damali
35865 posts
Fri Nov-30-18 08:51 AM

23. "thank you. much appreciated"
In response to Reply # 21

legsdiamond
79594 posts
Thu Nov-29-18 01:00 PM

16. "My MIL takes care of her mom"
In response to Reply # 14

They fight all the time.

granny is mean af too.

tariqhu
Charter member
17890 posts
Thu Nov-29-18 03:00 PM

19. "I'm dreading the time my mom and MIL"
In response to Reply # 16

get need our help. for all intents and purposes, both my wife and I are only children. my dad passed a years ago, but he wasn't involved in my life. wife's dad is alive, but he aint around.

its gonna suck taking care of them and relying on each other even more. good thing is everybody is in ATL or surrounding. not looking forward to it at all.

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

legsdiamond
79594 posts
Thu Nov-29-18 07:21 PM

22. "Just my wife’s mom is left"
In response to Reply # 19

It was horrible going thru it with my parents but I was glad to have my wife at my side.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13299137 Previous topic | Next topic