Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13297405

Subject: "** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **" Previous topic | Next topic
Geah
Member since Feb 16th 2007
48407 posts
Wed Nov-14-18 07:17 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"

N/m

@geahuwine

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I pay bills at the last possible minute. And I hate when i'm guilt tripp...
Nov 14th 2018
Me too
Nov 14th 2018
i used to be one of them, pay early niggas, but now... with kids
Nov 14th 2018
lol
Nov 15th 2018
good vibes only...
Nov 14th 2018
I've grown to dislike my chosen career
Nov 14th 2018
I'm not there yet but I'm close.. developer?
Nov 14th 2018
      Yup. Web developer.
Nov 14th 2018
           good point!
Nov 14th 2018
My self confidence is hurt....
Nov 14th 2018
Black middle class piece of sh*t.
Nov 14th 2018
New daycare is $100 more a week
Nov 15th 2018
you dont wanna scrimp on daycare
Nov 15th 2018
Man, im counting down the months left of paying daycare
Nov 15th 2018
      I have a 3 year old and an 18 month old. $515 a week
Nov 15th 2018
      damn i feel your pain
Nov 15th 2018
      The cutoff used to be in October in NC
Nov 16th 2018
      $58K/year is around what we were paying in daycare costs from 2016 -
Nov 15th 2018
           Wait... is my math right at about $4,800 / month ?
Nov 15th 2018
           Childcare in the DMV is $$$$$$. Only way around it is to go
Nov 15th 2018
           I remember when you said you were upper middle and struggling
Nov 15th 2018
           It's depressing sometimes..especially when we're classified as "upper
Nov 15th 2018
                i feel you on this shit
Nov 20th 2018
           yikes.... that's 1115 a week... 3 kids?
Nov 15th 2018
           2 kids. It's no joke around here. It's not the most expensive either...
Nov 15th 2018
           I'm in the wrong line of work
Nov 15th 2018
           What really gets my goat is when the center be asking for donations
Nov 15th 2018
           BLOODY 'ELL
Nov 15th 2018
           why i'll never own a Volvo and have to settle for old VW's :(
Nov 15th 2018
                Is this the norm or are you attending the Goddard School?
Nov 15th 2018
                It's the norm. Basically inside the beltway the majority of the establis...
Nov 16th 2018
                     This was me as a toddler. Shout-out to Ms. Murdis
Nov 16th 2018
                man, i've been pushing used toyota camrys for years
Nov 20th 2018
                     Our saving grace is summers
Nov 20th 2018
           wow.. that is insane!!
Nov 15th 2018
                Ain’t no way...
Nov 15th 2018
Last Weekend
Nov 15th 2018
I need some loud house music in my life right about now
Nov 16th 2018
Wish 595 (Atlanta) was still open
Nov 16th 2018

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44615 posts
Wed Nov-14-18 09:20 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I pay bills at the last possible minute. And I hate when i'm guilt tripp..."
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Nov-14-18 09:21 AM by FLUIDJ

about it.
They get paid on time.
MY time.
I've never been in a hurry to part with my money.
I don't see the point in paying bills "early" or before they're due.
When they're due, I pay them.
If a lender says something is "... due on Dec.1 but not considered late until Dec.15" then MY ass is paying that joint on Dec.14th"
I don't even get the concept of "Last minute"
FOH..
if it's due, and I pay when it's due...then I paid on the Due date. On time.
Not last minute..
The whole concept of "Last minute" needs to be abolished

"Get ready....for your blessing....."

sectachrome86
Member since Dec 22nd 2007
2729 posts
Wed Nov-14-18 12:42 PM

3. "Me too"
In response to Reply # 1

I schedule all my bill payments to be delivered on the due date. I dont consider that last minute at all. That's just on time. I actually schedule the payments much earlier. Why should they get to hold my money before it's owed to them?

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.soundcloud.com/sectachrome

GROOVEPHI
Charter member
10630 posts
Wed Nov-14-18 03:44 PM

6. "i used to be one of them, pay early niggas, but now... with kids"
In response to Reply # 1

and daycare and school tuition and all this other shit...

them fucking bills can wait til they are due.
I get paid and instead of paying all them shits on payday, i will set up automatic payments for the due dates.

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Thu Nov-15-18 01:03 PM

19. "lol"
In response to Reply # 1

that electricity and water dont get paid until that final final notice, and even then its the first bill that i pay, not the full amount.

im trying to change that though. i get paid two times a month. i want to pay anything not on autopay as soon as possible so i have no illusions of how much "free money" i have until next check.

i feel like im letting too much money disappear then i get that autopay hit and no good.

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Wed Nov-14-18 12:32 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "good vibes only..."
In response to Reply # 0

it’s the only thing I’ll accept

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13571 posts
Wed Nov-14-18 02:39 PM

4. "I've grown to dislike my chosen career"
In response to Reply # 0

Feels like I'm wasting my life away spending all of my time solving other people's problems. The same dumb fucking problems for 20+ years. Never going to be rich or even be able to retire early on this track.

Fuck this shit.

jimi
Charter member
4614 posts
Wed Nov-14-18 02:55 PM

5. "I'm not there yet but I'm close.. developer?"
In response to Reply # 4

I'm starting to think about what I'll be doing after this and it's not clear yet... It's like I'm trying to find a career for my next phase in life.. cause clearly this doesn't feel like it..

@silentintellect

flipnile
13571 posts
Wed Nov-14-18 03:46 PM

7. "Yup. Web developer."
In response to Reply # 5

Constantly learning poorly-thought-out, terribly-coded frameworks/libraries/CMSs/languages with scant documentation has burned me out. I've lost it and I doubt it will come back. Gotta figure out what I'm gonna do for the rest of my life because this ain't it.

The good thing is, I realize this at 40 instead of at 60.

jimi
Charter member
4614 posts
Wed Nov-14-18 05:48 PM

10. "good point!"
In response to Reply # 7

WarriorPoet415
Member since Sep 30th 2003
17895 posts
Wed Nov-14-18 04:56 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
8. "My self confidence is hurt...."
In response to Reply # 0

5 months after my last breakup. I was initially over it after the first three weeks. Like not thinking about the woman at all.

Then I came into some info. She moved on and was probably fucking the next dude inside of a month, at most. Some hood dude across the street who's a wanna be rapper who's like 8-10 yrs younger than her, with nothing but weed, bullshit and poppin' bottles on his IG.

Her? Don't miss. Wouldn't take back with a recommendation from Jesus himself, but being thrown aside like trash, and dishonestly at that (she was real deceitful at the end, although she was calling me love up until the end)......that shit stings.

Most days I'm alright, but that shit comes and goes like the tide. I really can't wait for time to heal this, cause this shit is really fuckin' with me.

"To Each His Reach"

but.....

Fuck aliens.

BlakStaar
Member since May 29th 2002
1261 posts
Wed Nov-14-18 05:20 PM

9. "Black middle class piece of sh*t."
In response to Reply # 0

*My inability to find a good hair stylist can be contributed in part to me apparently being a classist, Black middle-upper class piece of shi*t. Every other stylist and their clients on StyleSeat “looks” ratchet or perform services at home in a raggedy-looking environment. Don’t ask me how someone can “look ratchet.” Just don’t. Unfortunately, the bougie Black girl places tend to focus on straight hair and I wear my hair natural. And the natural, Afrocentric spots are holier than thou or are filled with caricatures. I need help.

*I really don’t like a lot of Motown’s 1960s greatest hits like “My Girl.” It reminds me of cornballs who claim to like “old school” but play shit like “My Girl” because they really don’t know shit. An old classmate did this in college and I cringed.

*carry on*

--
"Music is not to be possessed; it's to be shared.” - James Mtume

"Just stay loose, keep it raw, and bang ya drums out sometimes." - Madlib

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79578 posts
Thu Nov-15-18 10:28 AM

11. "New daycare is $100 more a week"
In response to Reply # 0

But it’s closer, has a live video app and we already see the improvements emotionally and education.

We were originally going to stay here until a spot opened up down the road that was cheaper but given how they are responding I think we are going to stay here.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

rdhull
Charter member
33133 posts
Thu Nov-15-18 10:32 AM

12. "you dont wanna scrimp on daycare"
In response to Reply # 11

>But it’s closer, has a live video app and we already see
>the improvements emotionally and education.
>
>We were originally going to stay here until a spot opened up
>down the road that was cheaper but given how they are
>responding I think we are going to stay here.

GROOVEPHI
Charter member
10630 posts
Thu Nov-15-18 11:12 AM

13. "Man, im counting down the months left of paying daycare"
In response to Reply # 11

I already told my wife that I want our son to go to camp this summer. shit, after he has his 'graduation ceremony' from pre-school, that is IT... fuck that shit. Camp is cheaper

I was just talking to another parent at my son's daycare/preschool about having 2 kids in that bitch at once. He took his youngest out and they hired an au pair. Shit, they had an infant and a preschooler in there at the same time. I can only imagine.
My homeboy showed me his end of year statement last year from daycare expenses... bruh..... shit is ridiculous.

legsdiamond
79578 posts
Thu Nov-15-18 12:35 PM

14. "I have a 3 year old and an 18 month old. $515 a week"
In response to Reply # 13

While it almost made sense for one of us to stay home we both got better jobs so we come out ahead but just barely.

We don’t have to pay in the summer because my wife teaches and has summers off. It’s going to be wild seeing the difference in expenses over the summer.

They are trying to say our 3 year old can’t go to school at 4 because she misses the cut off even though her bday is in September. Sheeeit. We are gonna fight that shit. Lol.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

GROOVEPHI
Charter member
10630 posts
Thu Nov-15-18 12:48 PM

16. "damn i feel your pain"
In response to Reply # 14

my daughter was 4 finishing when my son was born. For a few months, both of them were in daycare and that shit was killin our pockets. On top of that, my son was allergic to regular formula. So we were killing out 15.00 per can of Similac Alimentum and he was goign through that shit like crazy.

right now we paying 280/week for our son in daycare and 900 a month for our daughter in private school. Damn kids..

tully_blanchard
Charter member
6902 posts
Fri Nov-16-18 11:36 AM

34. "The cutoff used to be in October in NC"
In response to Reply # 14

The Kid was the only 4 year old in Kindergarten (her b-day is in October, so she made it in)

Now she's one of the few 15 year olds in 10th grade.

HAD to get rid of that daycare bill.

I feel bad for all parents with younger kids that still have to deal with that shit.

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

https://astackofwax.com/

#2dopebrothersandastackofwax

https://www.instagram.com/thirtythree.three/

The Greatest Story (N)ever Told (finished)

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=s

FLUIDJ
44615 posts
Thu Nov-15-18 12:45 PM

15. "$58K/year is around what we were paying in daycare costs from 2016 - "
In response to Reply # 13

fall of 2018. Now the oldest is in kindergarten so we're down to around $23K..
but...

we looking into private schools now because not happy with what we're seeing in the public school and where things are headed...

so....we bout to be Baroque...

flipnile
13571 posts
Thu Nov-15-18 12:54 PM

17. "Wait... is my math right at about $4,800 / month ?"
In response to Reply # 15

Bruh, I can't imagine that if so. That's more than I pay for ALL of my monthly bills right now, including mortgage and private school.

My lady's would be a SAHM until pre-school with those childcare prices (6-figure salaries are a bit more rare up here).

FLUIDJ
44615 posts
Thu Nov-15-18 02:10 PM

23. "Childcare in the DMV is $$$$$$. Only way around it is to go"
In response to Reply # 17

in-home day care centers or live outside...waaay outside the beltway.
That was for 2 kids and there was a premium for the youngest because she was infant status...now that she's 2 it's a lil bit lower...but only a lil bit....

legsdiamond
79578 posts
Thu Nov-15-18 03:36 PM

29. "I remember when you said you were upper middle and struggling "
In response to Reply # 23

I couldn’t grasp it.

We are in Charlotte and on paper we are a 6 figure household and we are check to check due to daycare right now.

FLUIDJ
44615 posts
Thu Nov-15-18 02:16 PM

25. "It's depressing sometimes..especially when we're classified as "upper"
In response to Reply # 17

middle class" based solely off of our incomes.
But when you factor in the cost of living in the DMV along with child care costs...
we barely average fam.

Not to get it twisted...we are fortunate and comfortable to a degree....
But when we travel home to NC & Detroit...and cousins that make a fraction of our income are living in houses 2x the size of ours and driving luxury cars... we do feel "Some kinda way" lol...

GROOVEPHI
Charter member
10630 posts
Tue Nov-20-18 02:08 PM

37. "i feel you on this shit"
In response to Reply # 25

we are doing pretty good in terms of income, on paper.. but shit we are living check to check our damn selves.

my boy just packed his shit up and moved to Charlotte, got a gig making about 15k more but paying less in daycare and just won a bid on a bigger crib than he had in MD for a fraction of the price.

We need to fucking move

GROOVEPHI
Charter member
10630 posts
Thu Nov-15-18 01:14 PM

20. "yikes.... that's 1115 a week... 3 kids?"

if 3 or 4 kids, I can see that.
My boy had 2 sons in daycare last year in an expensive ass county in MD. Dude's yearly shit was around 38K and I was like FUCK...

FLUIDJ
44615 posts
Thu Nov-15-18 02:13 PM

24. "2 kids. It's no joke around here. It's not the most expensive either..."
In response to Reply # 20

it's in the top end of the range...but not by much.
You can def. save a ton by going with in-home day care centers...but I just don't trust them around here.
If we were still back in NC, smaller town, less people, less variables...we'd be all up on the in-home care centers.
But I just couldn't get comfy with what we were seeing around here.

>if 3 or 4 kids, I can see that.
>My boy had 2 sons in daycare last year in an expensive ass
>county in MD. Dude's yearly shit was around 38K and I was like
>FUCK...
>
>

ambient1
Member since May 23rd 2007
41077 posts
Thu Nov-15-18 01:17 PM

21. "I'm in the wrong line of work"

=======================================
Coolin...

FLUIDJ
44615 posts
Thu Nov-15-18 02:19 PM

27. "What really gets my goat is when the center be asking for donations "
In response to Reply # 21

and "tips" and shit to help out the teachers around the holidays...
I be like ... Wait a minute...where all that tuition that we paying going??? Your teachers should be straighter than a mug right now!

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Thu Nov-15-18 01:33 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
22. "BLOODY 'ELL"

FLUIDJ
44615 posts
Thu Nov-15-18 02:18 PM

26. "why i'll never own a Volvo and have to settle for old VW's :("
In response to Reply # 22

legsdiamond
79578 posts
Thu Nov-15-18 03:56 PM

30. "Is this the norm or are you attending the Goddard School?"
In response to Reply # 26

We went to a daycare and when we saw the bill for the infant we played it cool but in the inside we were like

https://media.giphy.com/media/4OowbIsmYHbpu/giphy.gif

FLUIDJ
44615 posts
Fri Nov-16-18 07:05 AM

32. "It's the norm. Basically inside the beltway the majority of the establis..."
In response to Reply # 30

daycare centers peep each others rates and charge accordingly. There's a very small spread and it's usually a reflection of
a) how long the place has been in business
b) proximity to metro stations
c) child to student ratio

We had both of ours in more expensive centers when they were first born because it's crazy difficult to get infant care if you're not on the wait list at least 16 - 18 months out.

We lucked up and found a brand new center down in Alexandria for the first kid, she stayed there for 9 months and then we got a spot at the place she ended up staying in until she went to kindergarten. The 2nd kid we got lucky and found a spot at this spot in Crystal City, near the metro station so it was dumb pricey...but they stayed open ALL the time (fed. holidays, snow days, etc.) so we stuck with them 9 months until a spot opened up at the same place as her sister which was cheaper and better (which is where she currently is).

Again, I know we could see huge savings if we just went to an in-home care facility....but we just don't like the idea of dropping our kids off at someones house to play in their modified basement all day.

We also thought about doing the Au Pair thing....but something about having an 18 -23 year old living in the house with you for 2-years, and basically being another mouth to feed, didn't seem logistically feasible.

flipnile
13571 posts
Fri Nov-16-18 11:18 AM

33. "This was me as a toddler. Shout-out to Ms. Murdis"
In response to Reply # 32

>Again, I know we could see huge savings if we just went to an
>in-home care facility....but we just don't like the idea of
>dropping our kids off at someones house to play in their
>modified basement all day.

Even tho I used to stay getting in trouble for something, lol.

GROOVEPHI
Charter member
10630 posts
Tue Nov-20-18 02:11 PM

38. "man, i've been pushing used toyota camrys for years"
In response to Reply # 26

on paper, i can afford any car I want, but not with these daycare/tuition/college investment plan costs. smh...

but i wont complain much. fortunate to be in the position to do what we do for our kids...

legsdiamond
79578 posts
Tue Nov-20-18 03:10 PM

39. "Our saving grace is summers"
In response to Reply # 38

Wife gets the summers off so we get 3 months to stack a bit.

I think moving forward next year we are going to put it on a credit card and pay it off at the end of the month. The stress of making it through the month is too much.

jimi
Charter member
4614 posts
Thu Nov-15-18 02:51 PM

28. "wow.. that is insane!!"

legsdiamond
79578 posts
Thu Nov-15-18 03:59 PM

31. "Ain’t no way... "
In response to Reply # 28

but then again I said the same thing before these kids.

I know we will never not have to spend a grip on these kids but crunching the numbers on what we could stash if we didn’t have daycare? Whew.

Boogiedwn
Member since Sep 25th 2003
8677 posts
Thu Nov-15-18 01:00 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
18. "Last Weekend"
In response to Reply # 0

Went back to Louisville for a high school reunion and my cousin's wedding

The reunion was wack but made the most of it aka got drunk - the wedding was awesome though.

Cousin sat me and three of my other cousins by the bar, knew everyone at the table except this random girl who didn't talk to anyone and my half-sister (who was the date of a family friend).

She didn't know I am her half-brother though and neither did my cousins I was sitting with. At LEAST that's what I think from the convo's had during the party. I wasn't going be messy to bring any of this up then, it was my cousins wedding.

My cousin's don't know I know about my bio's family (Facebook is the devil) but pretty sure a couple of my Aunt's do just based on their reactions.

I did see my bio at my Uncle's funeral two years ago for the first time ever and he left immediately when he saw me, so he knows who I am.

Other than all that undertow I had a really good time at the wedding. Really miss seeing my family and cutting up with them.

flipnile
13571 posts
Fri Nov-16-18 11:37 AM

35. "I need some loud house music in my life right about now"
In response to Reply # 0

I miss all of those large house clubs up in NYC back in the day. Shelter. Vinyl. Limelight. A few others I can't recall right now. HUGE dancefloors, especially Shelter. Dark. Loud. Crowded. Shelter was open 'till past the sun comes up on the weekends.

Every house venue seems so small and the bass doesn't vibrate your soul like in those big rooms.

tully_blanchard
Charter member
6902 posts
Fri Nov-16-18 12:45 PM

36. "Wish 595 (Atlanta) was still open"
In response to Reply # 35
Fri Nov-16-18 12:46 PM by tully_blanchard

Was like a warehouse space turned event center/club.

The second time I saw Osunlade was there and that shit was magical

https://carlosbellphotography.wordpress.com/2011/08/24/tambor-party-2-year-anniversary-with-osunlade/#jp-carousel-1741

https://carlosbellphotography.wordpress.com/2011/08/24/tambor-party-2-year-anniversary-with-osunlade/#jp-carousel-1756

(thats me in the Kangol)

Until then my man...enjoy these..

Honey Dijon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCFno0V0Fe0

Derrick Carter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AahI0K_YGqA&t=3956s

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

https://astackofwax.com/

#2dopebrothersandastackofwax

https://www.instagram.com/thirtythree.three/

The Greatest Story (N)ever Told (finished)

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=s

Lobby General Discussion topic #13297405 Previous topic | Next topic