Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13291552

Subject: "FRIDAY "and you know this man!"" Previous topic | Next topic
PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Oct-12-18 10:27 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"FRIDAY "and you know this man!""

https://media.giphy.com/media/BX4kWyJc37bcQ/giphy.gif

cannot wait to get through this work day. one kid this weekend... no idea what I'm gonna get up to really... probably not much.. there's a ton to do but I just want to be done doing things nawmean? I can feel the ennui creeping in this morning... hmmm.. gotta shuut that ish down.. I'm trying to have a good time here so none of that thanks...

what are you guys up to?

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
rainy day in the desert
Oct 12th 2018
sweater weather...
Oct 12th 2018
next week is supposed to be highs in the 50s here
Oct 12th 2018
I live by the creed...
Oct 12th 2018
      Can finally do some yard workout mosquitoes biting me
Oct 12th 2018
Sounds like a really good weekend is planned.
Oct 12th 2018
Yo make that move, Trin!!
Oct 13th 2018
Waitwaitwait...thats a hundred dollars...
Oct 12th 2018
Venom was dope...at least, to me, it was...
Oct 12th 2018
I want to go see the Sisters Brothers
Oct 12th 2018
Rainy and cold here this weekend
Oct 12th 2018
do you run out with your umbrella to pick up folks?
Oct 12th 2018
      I almost never have an umbrella on me
Oct 12th 2018
           if it werent for the easy flooding and horrible desert rain drivers
Oct 12th 2018
Cold and rainy in the Lou..
Oct 12th 2018
LSU?
Oct 12th 2018
      LSU is the Tigers, too...but Mizzou Tigers is who I meant
Oct 12th 2018
           ok that makes sense then
Oct 12th 2018
           Roll Tide
Oct 13th 2018
refined my playlist for 2018
Oct 12th 2018

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Fri Oct-12-18 10:31 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "rainy day in the desert"
In response to Reply # 0

remnants of the sergio hurricane. supposed to rain all day, especially in the evening. this place floods if it rains more than 15 minutes so should be fun. im pretty set on not doing uber tonight. might be more folks looking for uber due to the rain but not worth the risk.

might try a longer shift tomorrow, maybe start at 6 pm and hopefully end by 10 but maybe ill keep going to midnightish

i guess that will make it a netflix night.

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Fri Oct-12-18 10:51 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "sweater weather..."
In response to Reply # 0

happy that it’s getting colder

im such an orderly...
the upkeep of my closet is done by seasons
a few months ago I did a purge
but, forgot the winter stuff
so I’ll be spending the weekend getting my closet ready for fall/winter
I have a ton of stuff because it’s my favorite time of year...

I’m meeting a friend for breakfast tomorrow...

speaking of friends...
there’s a guy I’m feeling
whenever we run into each other
I can sense his nervousness
(although I am too lol)
I’m going to make the first move

it’s been three years since I’ve had a boo
and it’s about to get cold...

mista k5
16414 posts
Fri Oct-12-18 10:54 AM

3. "next week is supposed to be highs in the 50s here"
In response to Reply # 2

last week it was in the 90s. im not ready. im debating on if i should get the heat turned on and ac shut off (im renting), kind of early for that.

also, get it girl!

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Fri Oct-12-18 11:03 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "I live by the creed..."
In response to Reply # 3

“you can always warm up, it’s hard to cool off”

I shut the ac off today.
I want all the cold....

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79586 posts
Fri Oct-12-18 11:30 AM

5. "Can finally do some yard workout mosquitoes biting me"
In response to Reply # 4

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

tully_blanchard
Charter member
6902 posts
Fri Oct-12-18 01:53 PM

9. "Sounds like a really good weekend is planned."
In response to Reply # 2

I LOVE purging, lol

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

https://astackofwax.com/

#2dopebrothersandastackofwax

https://www.instagram.com/thirtythree.three/

The Greatest Story (N)ever Told (finished)

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=s

KiloMcG
Member since Jan 01st 2008
27561 posts
Sat Oct-13-18 05:11 PM

19. "Yo make that move, Trin!! "
In response to Reply # 2

Let him know that you are interested. Once he can stop being nervous and then be confident to be himself and let you know what's up. Some of us need to know we got a shot before we even move. Yeah, I'm one of them Haha. Let him know, he'll have his confidence then.

Your reply really made me happy, sis. 😊

tully_blanchard
Charter member
6902 posts
Fri Oct-12-18 12:23 PM

6. "Waitwaitwait...thats a hundred dollars..."
In response to Reply # 0

Tryna get to the movies this weekend. Me and wifey wanna see A Star is Born...the kid wants to see Venom and The Nun, might end up at the dollar movie watching Mission Impossible, lol.

Ubering, of course...loving this weather. Took the dog out this morning and almost called in to work. The kid got her b-day records yesterday (Home Shake, MGMT and Nirvana...and I threw a Dolly Parton in her milk crate for good measure), I've got one of my locals holding Mac Demarco 2 for me for her.

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

https://astackofwax.com/

#2dopebrothersandastackofwax

https://www.instagram.com/thirtythree.three/

The Greatest Story (N)ever Told (finished)

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=s

Dstl1
Charter member
56229 posts
Fri Oct-12-18 02:30 PM

11. "Venom was dope...at least, to me, it was..."
In response to Reply # 6

I'm not a comic book guy, though. So, I didn't know about the backstory or anything. I just enjoyed it as a movie. I liked it better than The Predator.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Oct-12-18 04:44 PM

16. "I want to go see the Sisters Brothers"
In response to Reply # 6

I'm a fan of westerns... they don't make them that often these days.. it is a genre that has been done and done and done to death.. like they are still beating all those horses they killed way back when.. but I'm in for this

https://youtu.be/AaCGqfn_qzs

Marauder21
Charter member
49516 posts
Fri Oct-12-18 12:55 PM

7. "Rainy and cold here this weekend"
In response to Reply # 0

Wife and I are going to try and go door knocking for a sheriff candidate on Saturday, though.

------

12 play and 12 planets are enlighten for all the Aliens to Party and free those on the Sex Planet-maxxx

XBL: trkc21
Twitter: @tyrcasey

mista k5
16414 posts
Fri Oct-12-18 01:11 PM

8. "do you run out with your umbrella to pick up folks?"
In response to Reply # 7

is it light rain, nothing out of the ordinary?

Marauder21
Charter member
49516 posts
Fri Oct-12-18 01:55 PM

10. "I almost never have an umbrella on me"
In response to Reply # 8

usually just forget about it.

I think it's going to be a steady rain, not too heavy but lasting most of the day.

It's going to be snowing in a month or so anyway.

------

12 play and 12 planets are enlighten for all the Aliens to Party and free those on the Sex Planet-maxxx

XBL: trkc21
Twitter: @tyrcasey

mista k5
16414 posts
Fri Oct-12-18 03:13 PM

13. "if it werent for the easy flooding and horrible desert rain drivers"
In response to Reply # 10

i would brave it

Dstl1
Charter member
56229 posts
Fri Oct-12-18 02:35 PM

12. "Cold and rainy in the Lou.."
In response to Reply # 0

won't get out of the 40's all weekend. Fell asleep on the couch, cuz I was too lazy to go down to the man cave and watch Thursday Night Football. Woke up about 345, it was cold as shit. Grabbed my phone, the temp in the house was 66! Swiped right over to the NEST app and turned the heat on.

Not much going on this weekend:
My Tigers play Alabama tomorrow...LORD!! (c)Tupac
Tomorrow morning is a gym day
Various cleaning
Laundry on Sunday while watching Football
Grab some BBQ from somebody's spot
Cop a pair of kicks...maybe...definitely (trying to chill, though..the 33s drop Thursday)

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Oct-12-18 03:18 PM

14. "LSU?"
In response to Reply # 12

tigers right? they're my college team but I've not really gotten into watching college ball much yet..

everytime I go down to the states there it seems like college ball is the bigger deal for fans and the NFL is for the posers.

Dstl1
Charter member
56229 posts
Fri Oct-12-18 03:19 PM

15. "LSU is the Tigers, too...but Mizzou Tigers is who I meant"
In response to Reply # 14

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Oct-12-18 04:46 PM

17. "ok that makes sense then"
In response to Reply # 15

cause I thought I heard something about LSU playing Georgia so I was a bit thrown when you said what's it up there(in reply screen not reading so I forget) Alabama?

KiloMcG
Member since Jan 01st 2008
27561 posts
Sat Oct-13-18 05:12 PM

20. "Roll Tide "
In response to Reply # 15

mista k5
16414 posts
Fri Oct-12-18 05:13 PM

18. "refined my playlist for 2018"
In response to Reply # 0

this playlist is only songs that might stick around as favorites. will be missing big singles and some great songs. its more a favorites list than a best of really. also, i tried to make it clean versions only but some albums/songs didnt have edited versions on google play. Win by jay rock is supposed to be clean but it is not at all lol.

https://play.google.com/music/playlist/AMaBXymOh2lOrY2vGAdC-EmPD3TPwWzu4rEBxX4gG4-ByqdMoKNy8Jt3vrwM_PpBcI_A_abOBkLhHazAZ-Got2bG9f1iGBP0cQ%3D%3D

for anyone who cares about the details.

i have an excel spreadsheet for albums and singles ive listened to from 2018. being annoyed by only being able to rate in a whole number 5/5 scale i decided to do 10/10 with .25% increments. dumb. i found myself being super generous and have almost 500/1000 songs rated as 9 or higher. more than likely many of these 9s are really 8s or 4/5.

today i decided to go through all the 9.75s or 10s and leave them at either 9.5 or 10. went dont from 122 to 101. a 10 pretty much is a song i really love and have no bones defending if someone were to question me about it. a 9.5 is really great but there may have parts that annoy me or just doesnt hit me.

next step is to go through 9s - 9.5s and eliminate any 9.25's. i would expect maybe about 20 songs might get bumped to 10s but might only be around 5 that really do.

more than likely i will put in formulas to basically turn 10s into 5s, 9.5s into 4.5s and 9s into 4s.

im sure theres some current 8's and 8.5s that should be bumped up but i dont know if i will get to that.

if you want to know what i have at 9's or above theres this list. this one is explicit versions.

https://play.google.com/music/playlist/AMaBXym36CGgKe0M1lYE8BWUd_DR__-_zpgefD4sB6mwevVOqOcVbk60IzZB91c2vQOwyPsJmVOfSaQP5QUzE4tNrN4cwVs55Q%3D%3D

Lobby General Discussion topic #13291552 Previous topic | Next topic