Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13291521

Subject: "John Kelly is an Irish Catholic who grew up in 1950s Boston" Previous topic | Next topic
MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Fri Oct-12-18 08:36 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"John Kelly is an Irish Catholic who grew up in 1950s Boston"

That’s all I have to contribute today.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
John Kelly expected to resign in coming days: CNN
Dec 07th 2018
Trump trying to distract today. Announces Kelly resignation, Barr nomina...
Dec 07th 2018
      FLOOD THE AIRWAVES
Dec 07th 2018
Dude has been "about to resign" for the past year lol
Dec 07th 2018
It's official now. Trump announces John Kelly is leaving
Dec 08th 2018
Who will be the new Media Designated Adult In The Room?
Dec 07th 2018
might be willing to bet JK been working with Mueller in real time
Dec 07th 2018
interesting timing between the stories.
Dec 07th 2018
these boston mick bastards dropping like flies
Dec 07th 2018
?
Dec 07th 2018
      sorry, sarcasm
Dec 07th 2018
           got ya
Dec 07th 2018
           I live in Dorchester now !
Dec 08th 2018
           I posted this around the time of defending child kidnapping at the borde...
Dec 08th 2018
                RE: I posted this around the time of defending child kidnapping at the b...
Dec 09th 2018
                i sort of see your point but not entirely
Dec 10th 2018
lied and destroyed his rep in the Niger ambush/widow-gate
Dec 07th 2018
So, who from Fox news will be replacing Kelly?
Dec 08th 2018
pence chief of staff.
Dec 08th 2018
the media might really be the enemy of the people lol.
Dec 08th 2018
Folks/media really want to pretend
Dec 08th 2018
media refuses to acknowledge how rotten the entire party is.
Dec 08th 2018
add to that, his rep can only improve
Dec 08th 2018
      oh his image will def be rehabbed with the help of the media.
Dec 08th 2018
trumps next chief of staff pick is already resigning lmaooooo
Dec 09th 2018
dude aint trying to be the next Vader admiral
Dec 10th 2018
there's never not a tweet
Dec 09th 2018
trump names mick mulvaney 'acting' chief of staff lol.
Dec 14th 2018
Damn, you barely beat me to it on both points.
Dec 14th 2018
Also, didn't that last guy turn down the job when...
Dec 14th 2018
yeah trump prolly thought he was gonna have folks beating down his door.
Dec 14th 2018
apparently trump forgot to tell mulvaney.
Dec 14th 2018
      lollllll
Dec 15th 2018
New Mick to take over.
Dec 14th 2018
lol @ the subject line
Dec 14th 2018
help me out, guys
Dec 15th 2018

j0510
Member since Feb 02nd 2012
2315 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 10:09 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "John Kelly expected to resign in coming days: CNN"
In response to Reply # 0

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/420206-john-kelly-expected-to-resign-in-coming-days-pence-chief-of-staff

John Kelly expected to resign in coming days: CNN
BY JOHN BOWDEN - 12/07/18 07:59 AM EST

CNN is reporting that White House chief of staff John Kelly will resign in the coming days.

White House sources told CNN on Friday that Kelly's relationship with the president, often reported as tumultuous, is no longer seen as "sustainable" and will likely lead to Kelly's ouster in the near future.

Nick Ayers, a longtime aide to Vice President Pence currently serving as Pence's chief of staff, is being mentioned as a potential replacement, according to CNN.

Rumors of Kelly's departure have been frequent, yet he has held on to his position.

Seeking to quell similar reports, the White House over the summer said tensions between Trump and Kelly has cleared and that the chief of staff had agreed to stay on through the 2020 presidential cycle.

The former secretary of Trump's Department of Homeland Security, Kelly joined the White House in July of last year following the resignation of former White House chief of staff Reince Priebus.

In April, Kelly issued a public statement denying reports from NBC News that he referred to the president as an "idiot" during conversations with colleagues and mocked Trump's lack of policy knowledge.

“I spend more time with the president than anyone else and we have an incredibly candid and strong relationship," Kelly said at the time.

"I am committed to the president, his agenda, and our country," he added. "This is another pathetic attempt to smear people close to President Trump and distract from the administration’s many successes."

Ayers, who joined Pence's White House team last year, has long been considered a potential successor to Kelly and previously served as Pence's chief political strategist when Pence was governor of Indiana.

Updated at 8:46 a.m.

j0510
2315 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 10:13 AM

2. "Trump trying to distract today. Announces Kelly resignation, Barr nomina..."
In response to Reply # 1

and goes on twitter tirade all because this is happening today.

Reminder of today's events:

* Mueller and SDNY prosecutors detail Michael Cohen's cooperation

* Mueller outlines Manafort's "crimes and lies" that led to the cancellation of his cooperation agreement

* Comey goes behind closed doors with the Judiciary and Oversight Committees

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1071011443934355458

MEAT
22257 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 10:36 AM

3. "FLOOD THE AIRWAVES"
In response to Reply # 2

------

PimpTrickGangstaClik
Member since Oct 06th 2005
15894 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 11:05 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "Dude has been "about to resign" for the past year lol"
In response to Reply # 0

I guess the reports have to be right eventually

j0510
2315 posts
Sat Dec-08-18 02:02 PM

15. "It's official now. Trump announces John Kelly is leaving"
In response to Reply # 4

>I guess the reports have to be right eventually

Trump announces John Kelly is leaving

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/08/politics/donald-trump-john-kelly/index.html

Marauder21
Charter member
49516 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 11:55 AM

5. "Who will be the new Media Designated Adult In The Room?"
In response to Reply # 0

Jared Kushner?

------

12 play and 12 planets are enlighten for all the Aliens to Party and free those on the Sex Planet-maxxx

XBL: trkc21
Twitter: @tyrcasey

LAbeathustla
Member since Jan 24th 2004
33858 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 12:17 PM

6. "might be willing to bet JK been working with Mueller in real time"
In response to Reply # 0

he definitely was interviewed by him..Trump is so fkd

------------------------------------
2019 CABG Survivor

2016 OK Survivor Champion

be about it or be without it

RIP GOATs

Reeq
Member since Mar 11th 2013
16347 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 12:38 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "interesting timing between the stories."
In response to Reply # 6

same thing happened with don mcgahn.

fif
Member since Feb 23rd 2004
1998 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 05:10 PM

8. "these boston mick bastards dropping like flies "
In response to Reply # 0

first whitey loses his tongue and eyeballs now kelly looks to be out of a job. fucking micks.

makaveli
Charter member
16303 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 05:13 PM

9. "?"
In response to Reply # 8

“So back we go to these questions — friendship, character… ethics.”

fif
1998 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 05:22 PM

10. "sorry, sarcasm"
In response to Reply # 9

half my family is irish. i lived for a while in the neighborhood where Kelly grew up. i have talked to people on both sides of the busing. the idea insinuated in the OP that we can know something absolutely about Kelly based on his being an irish catholic raised in boston, is not a good one.

makaveli
Charter member
16303 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 05:28 PM

11. "got ya"
In response to Reply # 10

i was born in Dorchester but I moved when I was little.

Brew
Member since Nov 23rd 2002
24419 posts
Sat Dec-08-18 01:11 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
13. "I live in Dorchester now !"
In response to Reply # 11

Adams Corner. Nice little neighborhood.

----------------------------------------

"Fuck aliens." © WarriorPoet415

MEAT
22257 posts
Sat Dec-08-18 06:38 AM

14. "I posted this around the time of defending child kidnapping at the borde..."
In response to Reply # 10
Sat Dec-08-18 06:40 AM by MEAT

Or maybe when he was attacking grieving widows, or being found to be the fucking architect of some other racist shit. Dude is levels worse than Stephen Miller and gets a drop of the shit for it.

That dude could be a virulent racist seemed to be out of bounds at the time
But when you break people down to some core elements it helps see past all the glitz and shit
It’s not ok to stereotype people overall
I chose to do it, even knowing and feeling that it’s not ok, as a means to break up the bullshit

Because black and brown people get stereotyped all the time by these same people
Barack Obama can’t just be a black man from Chicago, he HAS to be described by his credentials for a large part of society fo even quasi recognize his humanity
Too often for us we need that. When a guy gets shot, it’s church singer or military man, father of x ... can’t just label them a black person from x because that’s enough to look past
And knowing that’s OUR narrative for MY folks, I choose to weaponize it in the reverse
I make a choice at times to strip that decorated defense of white people when they’re being inhumane, and get to hide behind the one thing that gives my folks humanity in their eyes. So when I do use these words, I use them consciously for that very intent.
And I understand that utilizing those words against a specific person unfortunately also impugns all people with those traits, I simply choose not play the game of being better than that, when my folks implicitly aren’t afforded the converse

This is my reasoning,

------

MEAT
22257 posts
Sun Dec-09-18 03:04 PM

23. "RE: I posted this around the time of defending child kidnapping at the b..."
In response to Reply # 14

How else are we supposed to describe his gaffe-laden, controversy-filled 17 months in charge? This was a chief of staff who told Fox News that “the lack of the ability to compromise led to the Civil War,” while praising the pro-slavery Confederate general Robert E. Lee as an “honorable man”; who protected and promoted White House staff secretary Rob Porter — a man accused of domestic abuse by both of his ex-wives — and described him as a man of “true integrity and honor, and I can’t say enough good things about him”; who repeatedly misled the press about what he knew about Porter and when he knew it, which led to one of his White House colleagues calling him a “big fat liar”; who claimed the “vast majority” of undocumented immigrants “don’t integrate well” and “don’t have skills”; who described immigrants who were eligible for DACA but had failed to apply for it as “too lazy to get off their asses”; who said he wanted to reduce the number of refugees admitted into the United States to “between zero and one”; who defended the separation of migrant children from their parents on the grounds that the kids would be “put into foster care or whatever” and bragged that the “big name of the game is deterrence”; who signed a “Cabinet order” authorizing the (potentially illegal) use of lethal force by troops at the border; who lamented that women were no longer treated as “sacred and looked upon with great honor” but who was also accused of suggesting women were more emotional than men; who breached security protocols by firing White House aide Omarosa Manigault in the Situation Room and threatening her in the process; who boasted to Manigault on a secret recording that everyone in the White House “works for me and not the president”; who made a series of false accusations against black member of Congress, Frederica Wilson, and then swore he would “never apologize” for lying about her; and who shamelessly allowed Trump to use his dead son to attack former President Barack Obama.

https://theintercept.com/2018/12/09/john-kelly-was-a-bully-bigot-and-liar-for-trump-goodbye-and-good-riddance/

------

fif
1998 posts
Mon Dec-10-18 01:34 PM

26. "i sort of see your point but not entirely"
In response to Reply # 14

if it makes sense to you, fine. i'm not mad.

i'm not defending kelly. he seems like a schmuck. whether he restrained trump from acting even worse, i don't think we can say at this point. but as you demonstrated, kelly has some fucked up views.

Riot
Member since May 25th 2005
14614 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 05:48 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
12. "lied and destroyed his rep in the Niger ambush/widow-gate"
In response to Reply # 0

but what specifically is rumored to be the issue this time?
considering its not 2020

unless it feels like 2020 ie 'the end' is near, and kelly doesnt want to be in the room when trump forces "his" AG to end the probe, fire the fed reserve chairman, and arrest hilary, marcon, and robert dinero

)))--####---###--(((

bunda
<-.-> ^_^ \^0^/
get busy living, or get busy dying.

Mynoriti
Charter member
38818 posts
Sat Dec-08-18 02:18 PM

16. "So, who from Fox news will be replacing Kelly?"
In response to Reply # 0

Reeq
16347 posts
Sat Dec-08-18 03:32 PM

17. "pence chief of staff."
In response to Reply # 16

wait until the trump/pence breakup. should be entertaining.

Reeq
16347 posts
Sat Dec-08-18 04:29 PM

18. "the media might really be the enemy of the people lol."
In response to Reply # 0

https://twitter.com/BostonGlobe/status/1071478161634979841

just creating fan fiction completely divorced from reality.
like we didnt have 24/7 news coverage of the trump administration during john kellys tenure.

Stadiq
Member since Dec 21st 2005
4876 posts
Sat Dec-08-18 05:12 PM

19. "Folks/media really want to pretend"
In response to Reply # 18

Things are normal and the “good” republicans are/will
keep him in check.

As if Trump isn’t a walking, golfing, kfc eating physical
manifestation of the party.

He is the GOP.

That’s why you, myself, and a ton of people doubt
anything will happen to Trump- GOP controls the
senate, he’s free like OJ all day.

Reeq
16347 posts
Sat Dec-08-18 05:52 PM

21. "media refuses to acknowledge how rotten the entire party is."
In response to Reply # 19

we have republicans killing democracy in broad daylight in nc, wi, mi, ga, nd, etc and the media is talking about how a rogue force named donald trump highjacked the honorable party of george hw bush temporarily before its saved by john kasich and nikki haley.

Mynoriti
Charter member
38818 posts
Sat Dec-08-18 05:35 PM

20. "add to that, his rep can only improve"
In response to Reply # 18

since trump's replacements are always a step down.

Reeq
16347 posts
Sat Dec-08-18 06:06 PM

22. "oh his image will def be rehabbed with the help of the media."
In response to Reply # 20

colin powell helped engineer the violent takeover of a sovereign nation and massacre of its citizens based on a complete lie but now you have people on here talking about him running for president as a democrat lol.

Reeq
16347 posts
Sun Dec-09-18 04:33 PM

24. "trumps next chief of staff pick is already resigning lmaooooo"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun Dec-09-18 04:50 PM by Reeq

https://twitter.com/nick_ayers/status/1071879332283453440

now trump is considering the head of the freedom caucus. a sitting congressman lol.
https://twitter.com/jonathanvswan/status/1071878230913761290

Mynoriti
Charter member
38818 posts
Mon Dec-10-18 02:20 PM

27. "dude aint trying to be the next Vader admiral "
In response to Reply # 24

Pence probably told him a long time ago, he'll be chief of staff to President Pence in a few months once Trump is gone lol

Mynoriti
Charter member
38818 posts
Sun Dec-09-18 11:07 PM

25. "there's never not a tweet"
In response to Reply # 0

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/156829591267328000

Reeq
16347 posts
Fri Dec-14-18 05:31 PM

28. "trump names mick mulvaney 'acting' chief of staff lol."
In response to Reply # 0

this is mulvaneys *third* job in the trump administration.

stravinskian
Member since Feb 24th 2003
12698 posts
Fri Dec-14-18 05:35 PM

30. "Damn, you barely beat me to it on both points."
In response to Reply # 28

And you resisted the one-liner about his name.

stravinskian
12698 posts
Fri Dec-14-18 05:38 PM

31. "Also, didn't that last guy turn down the job when..."

when Trump refused to let him do it on an interim basis? Guess Trump doesn't have as many options as he thought he had.

Reeq
16347 posts
Fri Dec-14-18 05:46 PM

33. "yeah trump prolly thought he was gonna have folks beating down his door."
In response to Reply # 31

instead we get him and chris christie playing the '*i* quit *you*' game in the media.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1073639688882307074
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1073593372856762368

Reeq
16347 posts
Fri Dec-14-18 06:04 PM

34. "apparently trump forgot to tell mulvaney."

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/1073705029964623872

Brew
Member since Nov 23rd 2002
24419 posts
Sat Dec-15-18 12:27 AM

35. "lollllll"
In response to Reply # 34

----------------------------------------

"Fuck aliens." © WarriorPoet415

stravinskian
12698 posts
Fri Dec-14-18 05:33 PM

29. "New Mick to take over."
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-12-14/trump-says-mulvaney-to-be-acting-chief-of-staff

Isn't this his THIRD simultaneous job in this administration? Granted, he was named to the CFPB specifically to NOT do that job. So he might not be too busy.

Reeq
16347 posts
Fri Dec-14-18 05:41 PM

32. "lol @ the subject line"
In response to Reply # 29

makaveli
Charter member
16303 posts
Sat Dec-15-18 11:33 AM

36. "help me out, guys"
In response to Reply # 0

Can I get a list of groups it’s okay to say racist things about on okayplayer?

Jews
Irish
Dominicans

Who else should be added to the list? Thanks.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13291521 Previous topic | Next topic