Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13287206

Subject: "Do you wet your hands before applying soap?" Previous topic | Next topic
mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16415 posts
Wed Sep-19-18 04:04 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Poll question: Do you wet your hands before applying soap?"

noticing most folks at work do the opposite as i do

Poll result (15 votes)
Water, Soap, Rinse (12 votes)Vote
Straight to soap then rinse (3 votes)Vote
I'm just clicking to increase views and wont participate in this poll (0 votes)Vote

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I get one hand wet while the other is retrieving soap.
Sep 19th 2018
why only one hand??
Sep 19th 2018
Bar soap: yes. Liquid soap: no.
Sep 19th 2018
Same
Sep 19th 2018
Soap is amazing btw
Sep 19th 2018
Also I’m a lather then wash guy. Only time I go water first is with ne...
Sep 19th 2018
i guess if were being specific
Sep 19th 2018
      I rub with moist soap first before turning on water
Sep 19th 2018
           Olive oil is great for getting paint, primer & stains off too
Sep 19th 2018
I use the foaming soap...
Sep 19th 2018
can't guarantee this hasnt been trump'd but cdc says...
Sep 19th 2018
*weird look*
Sep 19th 2018
this has been on my mind for some weeks
Sep 19th 2018
      LMAO! I was also recalling gojo yesterday!
Sep 19th 2018
      was distracted by the gojo reference
Sep 19th 2018
           i kind of have a dislike for dude
Sep 19th 2018
                its like a weird version of manspreading
Sep 19th 2018
Soap first...like a savage
Sep 19th 2018

sectachrome86
Member since Dec 22nd 2007
2729 posts
Wed Sep-19-18 04:17 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I get one hand wet while the other is retrieving soap."
In response to Reply # 0

Do you wet your toothbrush before putting on toothpaste?
Do you wet your hair before shampooing?

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.soundcloud.com/sectachrome

mista k5
16415 posts
Wed Sep-19-18 04:19 PM

2. "why only one hand??"
In response to Reply # 1

and i wet all before. finding most coworkers just go straight to soap....if they wash their hands.

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13575 posts
Wed Sep-19-18 04:19 PM

3. "Bar soap: yes. Liquid soap: no."
In response to Reply # 0

Marauder21
Charter member
49516 posts
Wed Sep-19-18 04:31 PM

10. "Same"
In response to Reply # 3

Got in the habit of running my hand under the self-dispensing soap at work while I'm turning the water on and I can't go back.

------

12 play and 12 planets are enlighten for all the Aliens to Party and free those on the Sex Planet-maxxx

XBL: trkc21
Twitter: @tyrcasey

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Wed Sep-19-18 04:21 PM

4. "Soap is amazing btw"
In response to Reply # 0

Soap changes the membranes of germs, allowing them to be washed away by water.

“Soap can also kill bacteria, by opening holes in the bacterial membrane, which is made of surfactants itself, like soap is. The surfactants in the bacterial cell wall are in two layers, with all of the oil loving ends of the molecules facing inwards between the two layers. Adding soap and scrubbing allows the molecules in the two layers to turn inside-out, and this allows the bacteria to leak, and soap to get inside, where it can harm the bacterium’s enzymes that it needs to live.

Many bacteria adhere to surfaces by creating what is called a biofilm. This is a film of polymers that act as a glue or slime and hold the bacteria together, and help them stick to a surface.

Soap can interfere with biofilms in several ways. It can attach to the molecules that make up the slime, and allow it to be washed away. It can disrupt the attachment between the biofilm and the surface, or it can interfere with the attachment of the bacteria to the film.

Once bacteria have been scrubbed off the skin, the soap attaches to the walls of the bacteria and prevent them from attaching to the skin or each other. They then wash down the drain with the rinse water.”

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

MEAT
22257 posts
Wed Sep-19-18 04:22 PM

5. "Also I’m a lather then wash guy. Only time I go water first is with ne..."
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Sep-19-18 04:22 PM by MEAT

*new bars

------

mista k5
16415 posts
Wed Sep-19-18 04:23 PM

7. "i guess if were being specific"
In response to Reply # 5

i wet both hands, apply soap, lather while singing the ABCs out loud then rinse, and finally dry.

MEAT
22257 posts
Wed Sep-19-18 04:28 PM

8. "I rub with moist soap first before turning on water"
In response to Reply # 7

I allow for maximum membrane breakage

If I have greasy hands for doing car or bike work I rub my hands with olive oil, then soap, then finally water.

------

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13575 posts
Wed Sep-19-18 04:54 PM

14. "Olive oil is great for getting paint, primer & stains off too"
In response to Reply # 8

I guess a lot of other oils and greases would work too. I'll rub my hands with oil to get the paint/stain off, then rinse then wash.

Dstl1
Charter member
56233 posts
Wed Sep-19-18 04:23 PM

6. "I use the foaming soap..."
In response to Reply # 0

supposed to lather it up, then rinse...so, soap first for me.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

mista k5
16415 posts
Wed Sep-19-18 04:30 PM

9. "can't guarantee this hasnt been trump'd but cdc says..."
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/when-how-handwashing.html

Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply soap.
Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Be sure to lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.
Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.

liquid or bar soap

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Wed Sep-19-18 04:38 PM

11. "*weird look*"
In response to Reply # 0

no s**t I was just thinking about this yesterday!~ WTF?!

I pre-rinse, soap, scrub then rinse again... but noticed some folk going straight for the soap... not I.. nu-uh.. not I.

here you are asking this same question I just pondered... smh... beware of the subliminal hand washing agenda.. clean hands are good but not at the expense of free minds. lol.

mista k5
16415 posts
Wed Sep-19-18 04:44 PM

12. "this has been on my mind for some weeks"
In response to Reply # 11

- brought to you by gojo

something else bathroom related that has perplexed me is

we have 3 urinals, if facing the urinals the door is to the right. so the lay out from right to left is sinks, small divider wall, normal sized urinal, divider, short urinal, divider, urinal, stall

why would a tall guy choose the middle (short) urinal if nothing else is occupied? this one dude seems to do it every time that we happen to go at that same time. he'll enter and ill walk in shortly after and hes using the middle urinal. doesnt make sense to me.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Wed Sep-19-18 05:02 PM

15. "LMAO! I was also recalling gojo yesterday!"
In response to Reply # 12

but in a different context... a co worker was talking about using isopropyl as a surface cleaner and that convo had me totally thinking about gojo.... there can't be any great meaning to this coincidence but it is a trip.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Wed Sep-19-18 05:10 PM

16. "was distracted by the gojo reference"
In response to Reply # 12

totally didn't even read the rest of your reply... but went back and... lol... I don't know.. he must just like to up the difficulty level or something.. adds a thrill for him... he's wrong for that though... heck I'd be tempted to put him on the spot and call him on it just for the awkwardness that would ensue. lmao.

mista k5
16415 posts
Wed Sep-19-18 05:15 PM

17. "i kind of have a dislike for dude"
In response to Reply # 16

so dont really want to interact with him lol

that urinal is ridiculously low though. probably halfway between his ankles and knees.

GriftyMcgrift
Member since May 22nd 2002
20414 posts
Wed Sep-19-18 07:24 PM

18. "its like a weird version of manspreading"
In response to Reply # 17

even though this is a violation of man law since he is not leaving n empty urinal buffer for the next person

instead he's claiming all 3 urinals forcing the next guy to come in to use the stall, hes basically abusing man law

i am of course using "forcing" in a very tongue in cheek manner

bentagain
Member since Mar 19th 2008
16595 posts
Wed Sep-19-18 04:52 PM

13. "Soap first...like a savage"
In response to Reply # 0

It's mostly water anyway...right...?

---------------------------------------------------------------

If you can't understand it without an explanation

you can't understand it with an explanation

Lobby General Discussion topic #13287206 Previous topic | Next topic