Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13277815

Subject: "Ludacris is a hero to a woman with ludicrous priorities (swipe)" Previous topic | Next topic
B9
Charter member
43124 posts
Fri Aug-03-18 11:37 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Ludacris is a hero to a woman with ludicrous priorities (swipe)"

She broke down when she couldn't pay for the $350 groceries she had bought at Whole Foods for her 4 rescue dogs and blind rescue chicken...

https://www.today.com/food/ludacris-does-random-act-kindness-grocery-store-t134898

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
So she burned through a $250 gift card? Damn
Aug 03rd 2018
whole foods???
Aug 03rd 2018
So many questions to ask there.
Aug 03rd 2018
And why was he the LAST thing she mentioned as a burden?
Aug 03rd 2018
lol
Aug 03rd 2018
Did they use ID though?
Aug 03rd 2018
THROW DEM BONES
Aug 03rd 2018
I choose to be positive on the bright, sunny Friday...
Aug 03rd 2018
Every few months I buy a pair of shoes for someone random
Aug 03rd 2018
that's dope of you, man...but you always have been a generous dude..
Aug 03rd 2018
Helping People Is Where It's At
Aug 03rd 2018
How fucked up and frazzled was SHE looking for him to see she wasn't ok?
Aug 03rd 2018

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79554 posts
Fri Aug-03-18 12:00 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "So she burned through a $250 gift card? Damn"
In response to Reply # 0

Only the best for those dogs.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

The3rdOne
Charter member
9105 posts
Fri Aug-03-18 01:05 PM

2. "whole foods???"
In response to Reply # 0

thats like thrift clothe shopping at Neiman Marcuss

Numba_33
Charter member
19325 posts
Fri Aug-03-18 01:11 PM

3. "So many questions to ask there."
In response to Reply # 0

I seriously hope that woman's brother is alright though and is fully taken care of.

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

B9
Charter member
43124 posts
Fri Aug-03-18 07:31 PM

11. "And why was he the LAST thing she mentioned as a burden? "
In response to Reply # 3

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13565 posts
Fri Aug-03-18 01:25 PM

4. "lol"
In response to Reply # 0

Not something I would do.

I wonder if he made his eyes real big and they popped out a bit when he looked at her.

Innocent Criminal
Member since May 03rd 2003
14585 posts
Fri Aug-03-18 01:30 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "Did they use ID though? "
In response to Reply # 0

T Reynolds
Member since Apr 16th 2007
42759 posts
Fri Aug-03-18 01:37 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "THROW DEM BONES"
In response to Reply # 0

Dstl1
Charter member
56226 posts
Fri Aug-03-18 01:58 PM

7. "I choose to be positive on the bright, sunny Friday..."
In response to Reply # 0

good shit, Luda. If I had bread like that, I'd definitely do that kind of stuff. I try to do random things for random people when I can and the opportunity arises...obviously on a much smaller scale, though. That little money wasn't shit to him, but it made her day...shit, her month. Good for him. Good for her.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Fri Aug-03-18 03:48 PM

9. "Every few months I buy a pair of shoes for someone random"
In response to Reply # 7

Usually it's a kid whose mom is obviously stressed about the purchase or telling them they have to choose between X and Y or can't afford Y because it costs more than X when Y is what they really want. Only once it was sort of a kickback, I was at a Ross over on the west side and was chatting with a college-aged kid about shoes. At the time they had a lot of un-used NBA player samples making the rounds for about $25 and I bought as many as I could. He found a pair I missed--it was made for KG--that was worth about $250. I thanked him and then we were in line together, I was a few spots ahead of him. I told him not to wait in line and throw his Js on my tab. But overall I look for kids or people who need shoes for work and are sweating it out. It's a nice feeling, especially when people are appreciative.

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Dstl1
Charter member
56226 posts
Fri Aug-03-18 04:05 PM

10. "that's dope of you, man...but you always have been a generous dude.."
In response to Reply # 9

I mentioned in that last Sneakerhead post I made that I had pretty much gotten rid of everything that wasn't an actual basketball shoe. All my low joints were gone, with the exception of multiple pairs of Kobe 11 Elites. There is a kid who attends my homeboy's church. Good kid, by all accounts. Works, gets decent grades. My potna said he has a couple pairs of Js, but they look kinda rough. I know what it feels like to be in high school and not have nice kicks. I hit him off with about 10 pairs of Air Max 90's, Asic Gel Lyte, various models of New Balance. It doesn't take much to really make someone happy.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

RexLongfellow
Charter member
18296 posts
Fri Aug-03-18 07:44 PM

12. "Helping People Is Where It's At"
In response to Reply # 7

I do Lyft on the weekends, and I picked up a woman who just lost her security job. She was telling me her whole life story and she nearly cried when she got out the car. I told her I'll see what I can do.

I talked to the security guard at my job and he called the agency and mentioned her name. Long story short she texted me God Bless You this morning because she'll have a new security gig starting Monday night.

Damn shame there's so many selfish ass bastards in the world

Monkey Genius
Member since Mar 04th 2005
8099 posts
Fri Aug-03-18 03:26 PM

8. "How fucked up and frazzled was SHE looking for him to see she wasn't ok?"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Aug-03-18 03:26 PM by Monkey Genius

And how ok did she think was she looking in her head at the time?

----------------------------------
I have a webcomic: www.watchthecomic.com

My webcomic has a page: www.facebook.com/watchyourheadcomic

Lobby General Discussion topic #13277815 Previous topic | Next topic