Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13276648

Subject: "Les Moonves next on that Summer Jam Screen" Previous topic | Next topic
Teknontheou
Charter member
32709 posts
Fri Jul-27-18 01:12 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Les Moonves next on that Summer Jam Screen"
Fri Jul-27-18 01:13 PM by Teknontheou

I wonder if Julie Chen gets to keep her spots on the various networks shows if this turns into something.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/leslie-moonves-accused-sexual-misconduct-ronan-farrow-expose-1130268

The CBS CEO, one of the most powerful men in Hollywood, is accused of unwanted kissing and touching in a New Yorker article set to be published Friday.
The New Yorker is poised to publish an article by Ronan Farrow that includes allegations of sexual misconduct on the part of embattled CBS chairman and CEO Leslie Moonves, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

A spokesperson for The New Yorker says, “We don't comment on pieces we haven't published." Sources with knowledge of the article say it delves into the broader culture at CBS and will publish later today on the magazine’s website.

CBS said in a statement that it is investigating the claims made against Moonves. “All allegations of personal misconduct are to be taken seriously," the network stated. "The Independent Directors of CBS have committed to investigating claims that violate the Company’s clear policies in that regard. Upon the conclusion of that investigation, which involves recently reported allegations that go back several decades, the Board will promptly review the findings and take appropriate action.”

CBS added: “The timing of this report comes in the midst of the Company’s very public legal dispute. While that litigation process continues, the CBS management team has the full support of the independent board members. Along with that team, we will continue to focus on creating value for our shareowners.”

The allegations are said in part to involve instances of unwanted kissing and touching that occurred more than 20 years ago, as well as numerous claims that occurred more recently.

Moonves, 68, has been married to CBS personality Julie Chen since 2004. (The two wed less than two weeks after Moonves finalized his divorce from Nancy Wiesenfeld, whom he had married in 1978.)

Farrow, the reporter who won a Pulitzer Prize for breaking news of Harvey Weinstein’s alleged pattern of rape and sexual assault, is said to have investigated Moonves and the environment at CBS for months, as rumors swirled through the industry that such an article was in the works.

It is unclear what impact The New Yorker report will have at a time when Moonves is locked in litigation with Shari Redstone, the controlling shareholder in both CBS and Viacom. The feud erupted after CBS resisted Redstone’s desire to merge the two companies, which she controls through voting shares in the Redstone family-controlled trust, National Amusements Inc.

CBS sued Redstone in May to prevent her from attempting to take control by ousting directors or changing bylaws. Redstone responded with her own lawsuit saying Moonves had no right to strip her of control of CBS.

CBS received unwelcome scrutiny in November when it fired Charlie Rose after The Washington Post reported that eight women had accused the talk-show host and co-anchor of CBS This Morning of sexual misconduct. In a May 3 follow-up, the paper reported that CBS managers had been warned about Rose's conduct on three occasions, as early as in 1986 (long before Moonves worked at the network) and as recently as in April 2017. Among an additional 27 women who came forward with allegations against Rose were 14 CBS News employees.

A charismatic one-time actor, Moonves has long wielded exceptionally tight control over CBS while producing exceptional results. He has kept hits on the air during a turbulent time for the broadcast business: In 2017, CBS ranked as the most-watched network in terms of total viewers (as it had done for nine consecutive years), though it trailed NBC in the 18-to-49 demo.

With entertainment consumption habits changing quickly, Moonves launched the CBS All Access streaming service with a spinoff of The Good Wife and a revamped Star Trek series.

Moonves joined CBS in 1995 and remained there after Sumner Redstone acquired the company in 2000. He took the network from last to first place in the ratings with hits including Everybody Loves Raymond, Survivor and CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.

In 2006, when Viacom split its businesses into two publicly traded companies, Moonves was named president and CEO of the newly formed CBS Corp. He became chairman in 2016.

Moonves has a close-knit executive cadre working for him but he is known to demand great loyalty and he has made enemies along the way. When Howard Stern jumped from CBS Radio to Sirius Satellite, Moonves sued the shock jock for $500 million, prompting Stern to go on CBS’ own Late Show wearing an “I Hate Les Moonves” shirt.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
'it may not be good for america but its damn good for cbs'
Jul 27th 2018
Holy shit, did not know that was a legit quote
Jul 27th 2018
Jonathan Chait too while we're at it
Jul 27th 2018
the full quote is even worse.
Jul 28th 2018
smh!!
Jul 27th 2018
Yes Julie keeps her jobs
Jul 27th 2018
I didn't realize Chris Hardwick got reinstated.
Jul 27th 2018
      Yep I just read it myself
Jul 27th 2018
      Yeah, but where else are they supposed to find an excitable white nerd?
Jul 27th 2018
      probably figured you cant fire someone for being a bad boyfriend
Jul 27th 2018
           I think it was a little more than just being a bad bf.
Jul 28th 2018
           exactly. i guess which is technically a good thing
Jul 30th 2018
#Poopamount
Jul 28th 2018
He tried to buy NBC, had to settle for CBS
Jul 30th 2018

Reeq
Member since Mar 11th 2013
16347 posts
Fri Jul-27-18 01:33 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "'it may not be good for america but its damn good for cbs' "
In response to Reply # 0

(c) les moonves on trump

Marauder21
Charter member
49516 posts
Fri Jul-27-18 01:49 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "Holy shit, did not know that was a legit quote"
In response to Reply # 1

Fire this dude into the sun

------

12 play and 12 planets are enlighten for all the Aliens to Party and free those on the Sex Planet-maxxx

XBL: trkc21
Twitter: @tyrcasey

benny
Member since Jan 15th 2003
8435 posts
Fri Jul-27-18 04:50 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
9. "Jonathan Chait too while we're at it"
In response to Reply # 3

>Fire this dude into the sun

------------------------------
For the record, my teams:
MLB: Mets / Soccer: PSG
NCAA BB: Arizona / NCAA FB: Michigan
NBA: Spurs / NFL: Jets

Reeq
Member since Mar 11th 2013
16347 posts
Sat Jul-28-18 08:48 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
12. "the full quote is even worse."
In response to Reply # 3

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DjIZRgTU8AEp2z8.jpg

LAbeathustla
Member since Jan 24th 2004
33858 posts
Fri Jul-27-18 04:44 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
8. "smh!!"
In response to Reply # 1

------------------------------------
2019 CABG Survivor

2016 OK Survivor Champion

be about it or be without it

RIP GOATs

Lurkmode
Member since May 07th 2011
5186 posts
Fri Jul-27-18 01:44 PM

2. "Yes Julie keeps her jobs"
In response to Reply # 0

>I wonder if Julie Chen gets to keep her spots on the various
>networks shows if this turns into something.

Chris Hardwick is reinstated and Seacrest is still on, so Julie is safe.

---------------------------
Signature

Teknontheou
Charter member
32709 posts
Fri Jul-27-18 01:53 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "I didn't realize Chris Hardwick got reinstated."
In response to Reply # 2

Lurkmode
Member since May 07th 2011
5186 posts
Fri Jul-27-18 01:56 PM

5. "Yep I just read it myself"
In response to Reply # 4

http://www.vulture.com/2018/07/chris-hardwick-will-return-to-amc-to-host-talking-dead.html

Chris Hardwick Will Return to Host His AMC Shows Next Month

Chris Hardwick will return to hosting his AMC after-shows about two months after his ex-girlfriend Chloe Dykstra came forward with sexual and emotional abuse allegations against him. Below is the statement AMC just released announcing its decision to bring Hardwick back next month as host of Talking Dead and Talking With Chris Hardwick:

Following a comprehensive assessment by AMC, working with Ivy Kagan Bierman of the firm Loeb & Loeb, who has considerable experience in this area, Chris Hardwick will return to AMC as the host of Talking Dead and Talking with Chris Hardwick. We take these matters very seriously and given the information available to us after a very careful review, including interviews with numerous individuals, we believe returning Chris to work is the appropriate step.

Hardwick will return to host Talking Dead’s midseason premiere on August 12. Yvette Nicole Brown, who has served as Talking Dead’s replacement host since Hardwick’s departure, will appear as a guest on the August 12 episode.

---------------------------
Signature

Marauder21
Charter member
49516 posts
Fri Jul-27-18 02:12 PM

6. "Yeah, but where else are they supposed to find an excitable white nerd?"
In response to Reply # 4

Can't replace talent like Hardwick's

------

12 play and 12 planets are enlighten for all the Aliens to Party and free those on the Sex Planet-maxxx

XBL: trkc21
Twitter: @tyrcasey

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85068 posts
Fri Jul-27-18 02:43 PM

7. "probably figured you cant fire someone for being a bad boyfriend"
In response to Reply # 4

<--- Big Baller World Order

Nabs
Charter member
11405 posts
Sat Jul-28-18 01:53 AM

10. "I think it was a little more than just being a bad bf. "
In response to Reply # 7

The problem is that she refused to cooperate and provide the evidence she says she has.

Damali
Member since Sep 12th 2002
35865 posts
Mon Jul-30-18 12:34 PM

14. "exactly. i guess which is technically a good thing"
In response to Reply # 7

but he's still cancelled, as far as I'm concerned. I won't watch anything he's on.

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Sat Jul-28-18 12:53 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
11. "#Poopamount"
In response to Reply # 0

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Mon Jul-30-18 12:28 AM

13. "He tried to buy NBC, had to settle for CBS"
In response to Reply # 0

Sidenote, why is his wife so shiny? Her entire body has the gleam of Charles Barkley's forehead.

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13276648 Previous topic | Next topic