Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13267459

Subject: "ProPublica has audio from a border protection facility for kids" Previous topic | Next topic
Marauder21
Charter member
49516 posts
Mon Jun-18-18 03:56 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"ProPublica has audio from a border protection facility for kids"

Everyone supporting this needs a fucking Nuremberg trial and honestly abolishing ICE isn't even going nearly far enough.

(The youtube link with the audio is in the story, and it is DISTURBING so be warned)

https://www.propublica.org/article/children-separated-from-parents-border-patrol-cbp-trump-immigration-policy?utm_campaign=sprout&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=1529351580

The desperate sobbing of 10 Central American children, separated from their parents one day last week by immigration authorities at the border, makes for excruciating listening. Many of them sound like they’re crying so hard, they can barely breathe. They scream “Mami” and “Papá” over and over again, as if those are the only words they know.

The baritone voice of a Border Patrol agent booms above the crying. “Well, we have an orchestra here,” he jokes. “What’s missing is a conductor.”

Then a distraught but determined 6-year-old Salvadoran girl pleads repeatedly for someone to call her aunt. Just one call, she begs anyone who will listen. She says she’s memorized the phone number, and at one point, rattles it off to a consular representative. “My mommy says that I’ll go with my aunt,” she whimpers, “and that she’ll come to pick me up there as quickly as possible.”

An audio recording obtained by ProPublica adds real-life sounds of suffering to a contentious policy debate that has so far been short on input from those with the most at stake: immigrant children. More than 2,300 of them have been separated from their parents since April, when the Trump administration launched its “zero tolerance” immigration policy, which calls for prosecuting all people who attempt to illegally enter the country and taking away the children they brought with them. More than 100 of those children are under the age of 4. The children are initially held in warehouses, tents or big box stores that have been converted into Border Patrol detention facilities.

Condemnations of the policy have been swift and sharp, including from some of the administration’s most reliable supporters. It has united religious conservatives and immigrant rights activists, who have said that “zero tolerance” amounts to “zero humanity.” Democratic and Republican members of Congress spoke out against the administration’s enforcement efforts over the weekend. Former first lady Laura Bush called the administration’s practices “cruel” and “immoral,” and likened images of immigrant children being held in kennels to those that came out of Japanese internment camps during World War II. And the American Association of Pediatricians has said the practice of separating children from their parents can cause the children “irreparable harm.”

Still, the administration had stood by it. President Trump blames Democrats and says his administration is only enforcing laws already on the books, although that’s not true. There are no laws that require children to be separated from their parents, or that call for criminal prosecutions of all undocumented border crossers. Those practices were established by the Trump administration.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions has cited passages from the Bible in an attempt to establish religious justification. On Monday, he defended it again saying it was a matter of rule of law, “We cannot and will not encourage people to bring children by giving them blanket immunity from our laws.” A Border Patrol spokesman echoed that thought in a written statement.

In recent days, authorities on the border have begun allowing tightly controlled tours of the facilities that are meant to put a humane face on the policy. But cameras are heavily restricted. And the children being held are not allowed to speak to journalists.

The audio obtained by ProPublica breaks that silence. It was recorded last week inside a U.S. Customs and Border Protection detention facility. The person who made the recording asked not to be identified for fear of retaliation. That person gave the audio to Jennifer Harbury, a well-known civil rights attorney who has lived and worked for four decades in the Rio Grande Valley along the Texas border with Mexico. Harbury provided it to ProPublica. She said the person who recorded it was a client who “heard the children’s weeping and crying, and was devastated by it.”

The person estimated that the children on the recording are between 4 and 10 years old. It appeared that they had been at the detention center for less than 24 hours, so their distress at having been separated from their parents was still raw. Consulate officials tried to comfort them with snacks and toys. But the children were inconsolable.

The child who stood out the most was the 6-year-old Salvadoran girl with a phone number stuck in her head. At the end of the audio, a consular official offers to call the girl’s aunt. ProPublica dialed the number she recited in the audio, and spoke with the aunt about the call.

“It was the hardest moment in my life,” she said. “Imagine getting a call from your 6-year-old niece. She’s crying and begging me to go get her. She says, ‘I promise I’ll behave, but please get me out of here. I’m all alone.’”

The aunt said what made the call even more painful was that there was nothing she could do. She and her 9-year-old daughter are seeking asylum in the United States after immigrating here two years ago for the exact same reasons and on the exact same route as her sister and her niece. They are from a small town called Armenia, about an hour’s drive northwest of the Salvadoran capital, but well within reach of its crippling crime waves. She said gangs were everywhere in El Salvador: “They’re on the buses. They’re in the banks. They’re in schools. They’re in the police. There’s nowhere for normal people to feel safe.”

She said her niece and sister set out for the United States over a month ago. They paid a smuggler $7,000 to guide them through Guatemala, and Mexico and across the border into the United States. Now, she said, all the risk and investment seem lost.

The aunt said she worried that any attempt to intervene in her niece’s situation would put hers and her daughter’s asylum case at risk, particularly since the Trump administration overturned asylum protections for victims of gang and domestic violence. She said she’s managed to speak to her sister, who has been moved to an immigration detention facility near Port Isabel, Texas. And she keeps in touch with her niece, Alison Jimena Valencia Madrid, by telephone. Mother and daughter, however, have not been able to speak to one another.

The aunt said that Alison has been moved out of the Border Patrol facility to a shelter where she has a real bed. But she said that authorities at the shelter have warned the girl that her mother, 29-year-old Cindy Madrid, might be deported without her.

“I know she’s not an American citizen,” the aunt said of her niece. “But she’s a human being. She’s a child. How can they treat her this way?”

------

12 play and 12 planets are enlighten for all the Aliens to Party and free those on the Sex Planet-maxxx

XBL: trkc21
Twitter: @tyrcasey

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
im amazed that common fucking sense couldnt have avoided this
Jun 18th 2018
The admin straight up said why they're doing it. Using it as deterrent
Jun 18th 2018
BUILD THE WALL!!!
Jun 18th 2018
      Or also he’s a white supremacist pushing slow motion ethnic cleansing....
Jun 18th 2018
           You can play 6 degrees of tragedy WRT the US
Jun 18th 2018
                Dude fuck you
Jun 18th 2018
                     Well that escalated quickly
Jun 18th 2018
                          No nigga I was venting
Jun 18th 2018
                               Then disregard my sincere replies...good day to you.
Jun 18th 2018
                                    Will do, bye.
Jun 18th 2018
They don’t want to avoid it
Jun 18th 2018
At least 1/3 of this country identifies with the joking guard
Jun 18th 2018
oh i know. we were talking about it at work
Jun 18th 2018
it's consistent with everything we've been doing
Jun 18th 2018
We should have been stopped at Vietnam
Jun 18th 2018
Russia and China are going to have to put together their own
Jun 18th 2018
      LOL
Jun 18th 2018
Huckabee-Sanders couldn't even do her press conference
Jun 18th 2018
But thumbs up to whoever just asked her "How is this not child abuse?"
Jun 18th 2018
      THIS KRISTJEN LADY REALLY WENT TO MEXICAN RESTAURANT LAST NIGHT
Jun 20th 2018
           Her getting heckled out of that restaurant is the best thing that's happ...
Jun 20th 2018
this is pure evil
Jun 18th 2018
This comment and the nested below needs more eyes..
Jun 18th 2018
honestly we might be further down than 8
Jun 18th 2018
      Yup, we're going to create entire new generations of brown kids
Jun 18th 2018
           it doesn't even require people who hate the u.s.
Jun 18th 2018
           Prison to school pipeline
Jun 18th 2018
Trump a couple of weeks ago: I called MS13 animals, not all immigrants
Jun 19th 2018
RE: Trump a couple of weeks ago: I called MS13 animals, not all immigran...
Jun 19th 2018
dehumanizing
Jun 19th 2018
I'll try to find a link
Jun 19th 2018
ICE seems to attract the worst types of people
Jun 19th 2018
      "I want to be a cop, but regular cops aren't racist enough"
Jun 19th 2018
heard a christian preacher defending this saying its Gods will
Jun 20th 2018
If there is a heaven a lot of Christians won't get in
Jun 20th 2018
Heard Schumer offered Trumpster the border wall
Jun 20th 2018
the fact that i keep seeing this repeated online is so disturbing
Jun 20th 2018
Trump - in regards to pardons.. "I can do anything I want"
Jun 20th 2018
They also don't understand asylum seekers are not illegal immigrants
Jun 20th 2018
Rick Wilson crushed Jason Miller last night on this
Jun 20th 2018
"The last two administrations did the same thing! Do your research!"
Jun 20th 2018
      basically, ive typed out so many replies on reddit
Jun 20th 2018
      I had a very similar exchange throughout the day today.
Jun 20th 2018
           im pretty much completely off of facebook
Jun 20th 2018
                I'm from Western PA
Jun 20th 2018
                this somewhat good friend of mine's wife posted a pic of
Jun 20th 2018
                     Oh god both these scenarios sound awful.
Jun 20th 2018
                damn. I'd guess my world is around 15% Trump supporters
Jun 20th 2018
                     fortunately as far as actual friends are concerned
Jun 20th 2018
                     Yea that's probably pretty accurate for me too.
Jun 20th 2018
This administration manufactures crisis in order to gain support from th...
Jun 20th 2018
a coworker was in LaGuardia and said he saw ICE rushing a plane full
Jun 20th 2018
obviously not NYers
Jun 20th 2018
just heard those kids were going to a facility in East Harlem
Jun 20th 2018
jesus
Jun 20th 2018
Haitians would like a word with you on the Dems being
Jun 20th 2018
Trump Yesterday: I can't do anything. My hands are tied. Democrats fault
Jun 20th 2018
Trump is an arsonist AND a firefighter
Jun 20th 2018
American Airlines refuses to be used for flights to separate kids
Jun 20th 2018
I predict Ginger Thompson wins another Pulitzer for this story.
Jun 20th 2018

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85056 posts
Mon Jun-18-18 03:58 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "im amazed that common fucking sense couldnt have avoided this"
In response to Reply # 0

splitting kids up from their parents and sending the parents home is a BRILLIANT idea. jesus fucking christ.

<--- Big Baller World Order

PimpTrickGangstaClik
Member since Oct 06th 2005
15894 posts
Mon Jun-18-18 04:00 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "The admin straight up said why they're doing it. Using it as deterrent "
In response to Reply # 1
Mon Jun-18-18 04:02 PM by PimpTrickGangstaClik

to discourage folks from trying to cross the border.

At least that was the line until it wasn't anymore. They've been pushing back today's press conference for 4 hours while they try to get their story straight

bentagain
Member since Mar 19th 2008
16595 posts
Mon Jun-18-18 04:10 PM

6. "BUILD THE WALL!!!"
In response to Reply # 2

He's feeding his base.

---------------------------------------------------------------

If you can't understand it without an explanation

you can't understand it with an explanation

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22256 posts
Mon Jun-18-18 04:16 PM

8. "Or also he’s a white supremacist pushing slow motion ethnic cleansing...."
In response to Reply # 6

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

bentagain
16595 posts
Mon Jun-18-18 04:23 PM

10. "You can play 6 degrees of tragedy WRT the US"
In response to Reply # 8

that is, wherever there is calamity in our world

throughout history

the US is complicit

Putting this bullshit solely on Trump is a mistake

he'll say and do anything his base wants him to

this is the same guy that has flip flopped policy and party depending on which day of the week it was

white supremacist...sure

the bigger concern...the +60M voters that align with his beliefs

BTW, engaging in these posts isn't going to help remedy the issue you raised in your post.

MEAT
22256 posts
Mon Jun-18-18 04:29 PM

13. "Dude fuck you "
In response to Reply # 10

Condescending prick. You’re so full of your own shit you didn’t take ten seconds to even see what my concern was.
Ole bitch ass

I’ll speak it slowly for you
It’s hard to balance the monotony of today juxtaposed to the abject horrors that we’re facing.

------

bentagain
16595 posts
Mon Jun-18-18 04:33 PM

15. "Well that escalated quickly"
In response to Reply # 13
Mon Jun-18-18 04:33 PM by bentagain

...and I gave you advice on how I personally dealt with the same thing...

is that not what you were after?

i.e. Trump headlines aren't going to help

MEAT
22256 posts
Mon Jun-18-18 04:36 PM

16. "No nigga I was venting "
In response to Reply # 15

------

bentagain
16595 posts
Mon Jun-18-18 04:36 PM

17. "Then disregard my sincere replies...good day to you."
In response to Reply # 16

MEAT
22256 posts
Mon Jun-18-18 04:38 PM

18. "Will do, bye. "
In response to Reply # 17

>

------

MEAT
22256 posts
Mon Jun-18-18 04:03 PM

4. "They don’t want to avoid it"
In response to Reply # 1

State sponsored terror as a deterrent to legal immigration, asylum seeking, and illegal immigration.

------

Marauder21
Charter member
49516 posts
Mon Jun-18-18 04:07 PM

5. "At least 1/3 of this country identifies with the joking guard"
In response to Reply # 1

and would gladly be him if they could.

They've just gone full mask off now.

------

12 play and 12 planets are enlighten for all the Aliens to Party and free those on the Sex Planet-maxxx

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85056 posts
Mon Jun-18-18 04:11 PM

7. "oh i know. we were talking about it at work"
In response to Reply # 5

and a good amount of folks were like "Well then they shouldnt come"

<--- Big Baller World Order

rob
Charter member
23210 posts
Mon Jun-18-18 06:14 PM

21. "it's consistent with everything we've been doing"
In response to Reply # 1

a big part of me is really unsure about how to have conversations with people about it, because cognitive dissonance really is pushing those deplorable rightward.

bentagain
16595 posts
Mon Jun-18-18 04:03 PM

3. "We should have been stopped at Vietnam"
In response to Reply # 0

They never should have let us get away with that (c)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM5CaIIFosg

Marauder21
Charter member
49516 posts
Mon Jun-18-18 04:19 PM

9. "Russia and China are going to have to put together their own"
In response to Reply # 3

coalition of the willing and convince Iran and DPRK to help the cause of liberating Americans from their tyrannical government. And nobody in the news media will appreciate the irony.

------

bentagain
16595 posts
Mon Jun-18-18 04:28 PM

12. "LOL"
In response to Reply # 9

I recently finished watching Ken Burns' Vietnam

I really really believe it will be the moment that we lost America.

Our entire lives have been during the decline of the empire once known as the USA

Marauder21
Charter member
49516 posts
Mon Jun-18-18 04:26 PM

11. "Huckabee-Sanders couldn't even do her press conference"
In response to Reply # 0

So they got Kirstjen Nielsen to come out and fashsplain why these crying children are the REAL abusive monsters.

------

Marauder21
Charter member
49516 posts
Mon Jun-18-18 04:32 PM

14. "But thumbs up to whoever just asked her "How is this not child abuse?""
In response to Reply # 11

Her response was "be more specific, please?"

Fucking hell

------

Mynoriti
Charter member
38815 posts
Wed Jun-20-18 12:22 PM

35. "THIS KRISTJEN LADY REALLY WENT TO MEXICAN RESTAURANT LAST NIGHT"
In response to Reply # 14

and got hit with the Cersei chant

also, what the fuck kind of extreme white girl name is KristJen??

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/protesters-disrupt-dhs-secretary-kristjen-nielsen-at-mexican-restaurant/

>Her response was "be more specific, please?"
>
>Fucking hell

Marauder21
Charter member
49516 posts
Wed Jun-20-18 01:53 PM

41. "Her getting heckled out of that restaurant is the best thing that's happ..."
In response to Reply # 35

all week

------

makaveli
Charter member
16303 posts
Mon Jun-18-18 05:58 PM

19. "this is pure evil"
In response to Reply # 0

fuck anybody who supports this shit.

“So back we go to these questions — friendship, character… ethics.”

tourgasm
Member since Sep 06th 2014
365 posts
Mon Jun-18-18 06:03 PM

20. "This comment and the nested below needs more eyes.."
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/8s2y9x/secret_audio_border_patrol_agent_jokes_while/e0w8arq

TechyDad"
Score hidden
·
1 hour ago
Back in college, I went to the Holocaust Museum in Washington DC. The exhibit that hit me the hardest was one that was ostensibly for kids: Daniel's Story. You walked into the life of Daniel, a Jewish kid in Germany around the time that the Nazis took over.

At first, everything seemed normal. His family wasn't rich, but they weren't poor either. He seemed to have a good childhood going for him. As you walked from room to room, time moved forward bit by bit. The progression was slow and it was easy to see how people could rationalize that this wasn't really bad, but was just a small change in their lives that they could get used to. By the end of the exhibit, though, Daniel was entering a concentration camp that he'd never exit from alive.

It was unnerving how smoothly the progression went. We tend to remember the "big" events of history or recall them apart from context. We don't see the slow progression and societal rationalization that gets you from Daniel's normal life to Daniel entering a concentration camp.

I really feel like we're heading down this path now. It's not a sure thing that we'll get to Nazi-style concentration camps, but neither is it out of the question. They're already dehumanizing "the other" (immigrants who are called "animals"), calling the media "the enemy of the people", and calling people who don't support Trump "traitors." (In the latter case, Trump called Democrats who didn't applaud him "treasonous.") It's not really that far a jump from where we are now to jailing reporters for publishing "FAKE NEWS", arresting any Latino or Muslim for being "illegal and/or a terrorist", and using the Justice Department to get dirt on or even arrest opposition party leaders."

&

"Trumpwearspanties
Score hidden
·
12 minutes ago
This is something that has been going around on this subreddit for a bit now, but it still needs to be seen

We are already at Stage 8 of the 10 Stages of Genocide

(Copy-pasted from another redditor)

THE TEN STAGES OF GENOCIDE by Gregory H. Stanton, Ph.D., Research Professor in Genocide Studies and Prevention at George Mason University.

Stages to watch for:

CLASSIFICATION: Dividing culture into "us" vs. "them"

SYMBOLIZATION: Giving names or other symbols to the classifications. (Classification and symbolization are universally human and do not necessarily result in genocide unless they lead to dehumanization.)

DISCRIMINATION: A dominant group uses law, custom, and political power to deny the rights of other groups. The powerless group may not be accorded full civil rights, voting rights, or even citizenship. The dominant group is driven by an exclusionary ideology that would deprive less powerful groups of their rights.

DEHUMANIZATION: One group denies the humanity of the other group. Members of it are equated with animals, vermin, insects or diseases. Dehumanization overcomes the normal human revulsion against murder. At this stage, hate propaganda in print and on hate radios is used to vilify the victim group. The majority group is taught to regard the other group as less than human, and even alien to their society.

ORGANIZATION: Genocide is always organized, usually by the state, often using militias to provide deniability of state responsibility. Sometimes organization is informal or decentralized. Special army units or militias are often trained and armed.

POLARIZATION: Extremists drive the groups apart. Hate groups broadcast polarizing propaganda. Motivations for targeting a group are indoctrinated through mass media. Laws may forbid intermarriage or social interaction. The dominant group passes emergency laws or decrees that grants them total power over the targeted group. The laws erode fundamental civil rights and liberties. Targeted groups are disarmed to make them incapable of self-defense, and to ensure that the dominant group has total control.

PREPARATION: Plans are made for genocidal killings. National or perpetrator group leaders plan the “Final Solution” to the Jewish, Armenian, Tutsi or other targeted group “question.” They often use euphemisms to cloak their intentions, such as referring to their goals as “ethnic cleansing,” “purification,” or “counter-terrorism.” They build armies, buy weapons and train their troops and militias. They indoctrinate the populace with fear of the victim group. Leaders often claim that “if we don’t kill them, they will kill us,” disguising genocide as self-defense.

PERSECUTION: Victims are identified and separated out because of their ethnic or religious identity. Their property is often expropriated. Sometimes they are even segregated into ghettoes, deported into concentration camps, or confined to a famine-struck region and starved. They are deliberately deprived of resources such as water or food in order to slowly destroy them. Children are forcibly taken from their parents. The victim group’s basic human rights become systematically abused through extrajudicial killings, torture and forced displacement.

EXTERMINATION begins, and quickly becomes the mass killing legally called “genocide.” It is “extermination” to the killers because they do not believe their victims to be fully human. When it is sponsored by the state, the armed forces often work with militias to do the killing.

DENIAL is the final stage that lasts throughout and always follows genocide. It is among the surest indicators of further genocidal massacres. The perpetrators of genocide dig up the mass graves, burn the bodies, try to cover up the evidence and intimidate the witnesses. They deny that they committed any crimes, and often blame what happened on the victims. They block investigations of the crimes, and continue to govern until driven from power by force, when they flee into exile.

(Genocide is a process that develops in ten stages that are predictable but not inexorable. At each stage, preventive measures can stop it. The process is not linear. Stages may occur simultaneously. Logically, later stages must be preceded by earlier stages. But all stages continue to operate throughout the process.)"

rob
Charter member
23210 posts
Mon Jun-18-18 06:27 PM

22. "honestly we might be further down than 8"
In response to Reply # 20
Mon Jun-18-18 06:28 PM by rob

the "criminals" and "terrorists" we're using to justify all this shit grew up under our aegis.

the central american, central/east african, middle eastern, and central asian migrants/refugees all come from regions that were destabilized by american foreign policy. pro-american regime-change seems to be highly correlated with a "fuck you."

which is ironic because emigrants from countries that resist our influence tend to get the benefit of the doubt.

in the case of places like honduras and iraq, it was our weapons/training/money actually carrying out the genocide.

Marauder21
Charter member
49516 posts
Mon Jun-18-18 07:17 PM

23. "Yup, we're going to create entire new generations of brown kids"
In response to Reply # 22

Who will grow up hating this country and what it did to them. And they're not going to be across the Atlantic. But it's fine, once those chickens come home to roost, we'll just get more and more draconian.

------

rob
Charter member
23210 posts
Mon Jun-18-18 07:43 PM

24. "it doesn't even require people who hate the u.s."
In response to Reply # 23

that's apparent in the "not their best" rhetoric and that sheriff from maricopa county before that.

bentagain
16595 posts
Mon Jun-18-18 08:36 PM

25. "Prison to school pipeline "
In response to Reply # 23
Mon Jun-18-18 08:37 PM by bentagain

Where do these imprisoned children go when released?

School.

PimpTrickGangstaClik
15894 posts
Tue Jun-19-18 09:03 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
26. "Trump a couple of weeks ago: I called MS13 animals, not all immigrants"
In response to Reply # 0

Trump today: Democrats are allowing immigrants to "infest" our country

MEAT
22256 posts
Tue Jun-19-18 09:16 AM

27. "RE: Trump a couple of weeks ago: I called MS13 animals, not all immigran..."
In response to Reply # 26

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2015/08/donald-trump-marie-brenner-ivana-divorce

------

makaveli
Charter member
16303 posts
Tue Jun-19-18 09:29 AM

28. "dehumanizing"
In response to Reply # 26

Numba_33
Charter member
19327 posts
Tue Jun-19-18 09:29 AM

29. "I'll try to find a link"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Jun-19-18 09:31 AM by Numba_33

but a reporter snapped photos of the detention centers and in one of them, shows a mural featuring Trump's face on it. I think about that photo every time I hear that stupid claim by Trump that the Democrats are to blame for this whole mess.

**update**

Here's a link to the photo I'm referring to: https://tinyurl.com/y7sa24dj

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

makaveli
Charter member
16303 posts
Tue Jun-19-18 09:34 AM

30. "ICE seems to attract the worst types of people"
In response to Reply # 29

how sick do you have to be to make a joke about children crying as they are being taken away from their parents?

Marauder21
Charter member
49516 posts
Tue Jun-19-18 09:52 AM

31. ""I want to be a cop, but regular cops aren't racist enough""
In response to Reply # 30

That's how I imagine the mentality of a person who joins ICE.

------

houston_hardhead
Member since Jan 24th 2010
550 posts
Wed Jun-20-18 12:14 PM

32. "heard a christian preacher defending this saying its Gods will"
In response to Reply # 0

this place is really for the birds....anyone got an extra island for sale?? my credit is decent

---------------------------------

So i'm smokin on this cactus, bangin Fat Patrick
hustla til i die baby grindin like a savage
pimp game sweet, breakin ankles and feet
cuz these hoes break they toes til they job complete

H-Town made L.A. paid

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79554 posts
Wed Jun-20-18 12:17 PM

33. "If there is a heaven a lot of Christians won't get in"
In response to Reply # 32

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

bentagain
16595 posts
Wed Jun-20-18 12:21 PM

34. "Heard Schumer offered Trumpster the border wall"
In response to Reply # 32

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/01/20/schumer-offered-trump-something-democrats-hate-to-get-something-republicans-broadly-like/

and then he moved the goalposts to DACA

as long as they spin it as america first...his base is happy

GriftyMcgrift
Member since May 22nd 2002
20414 posts
Wed Jun-20-18 12:29 PM

36. "the fact that i keep seeing this repeated online is so disturbing"
In response to Reply # 0

someone will say something to the effect of (and hell trump might have already parroted this)

they will say something like

"oh well i havent heard ANY OTHER SOLUTIONS to this"

"what else do you expect them to do?"

"so you mean we should just let whoever in and forget about laws" WIDE OPEN BORDERS!!!!!!!

like is this how far we've come

when people are like "stop separating children from their parents"

and people respond with "well come up with some other solution then!!!"

and people say "how about...don't separate children from their parents...?"

fucking hell

houston_hardhead
550 posts
Wed Jun-20-18 12:45 PM

37. "Trump - in regards to pardons.. "I can do anything I want""
In response to Reply # 36

Trump - in regards to parent/kid separation at border - its the Dems fault talk to them

H-Town made L.A. paid

bentagain
16595 posts
Wed Jun-20-18 12:53 PM

38. "They also don't understand asylum seekers are not illegal immigrants "
Wed Jun-20-18 12:55 PM by bentagain

A lot of these families are being separated while attempting to pass through a port of entry, which is the legal process for claiming asylum.

McCallen TX

makaveli
Charter member
16303 posts
Wed Jun-20-18 12:55 PM

39. "Rick Wilson crushed Jason Miller last night on this"

on Anderson Cooper.

Mynoriti
Charter member
38815 posts
Wed Jun-20-18 01:26 PM

40. ""The last two administrations did the same thing! Do your research!""

"People want to blame Trump, but congress has to change the law!"

I'm in an ill advised back and forth with some dunce on a friend's timeline right now over this stupid shit.

After providing details and links (including video of Sessions announcing specifically we will be separating you from your children) it's:

"Well we all have the right to believe what we want "

I'm usually pretty good about wasting my time on pointless back and forths like this with dumbfucks but sometimes it's too hard.

GriftyMcgrift
20414 posts
Wed Jun-20-18 02:17 PM

43. "basically, ive typed out so many replies on reddit"
In response to Reply # 40

and then just deleted them

like wtf am i even doing

the whataboutism is a sickness right now

Brew
Member since Nov 23rd 2002
24413 posts
Wed Jun-20-18 02:19 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
44. "I had a very similar exchange throughout the day today."
In response to Reply # 40
Wed Jun-20-18 02:21 PM by Brew

Also on a friend's timeline. Battling the same levels of idiocy from Trumpsters too stupid and too blinded by their inexplicable faith to this orange pile of filth to even begin to recognize the fact that they are literally at the point of defending the torture of children to stand by this administration.

I have dreams of taking out Trump supporters. I wish there were an easy way to wipe the planet clean of these atrocious snakes. It's frustrating to have to live among them and even worse, be guilty by association being that my country voted this vile administration into office.

>"People want to blame Trump, but congress has to change the
>law!"
>
>I'm in an ill advised back and forth with some dunce on a
>friend's timeline right now over this stupid shit.
>
>After providing details and links (including video of Sessions
>announcing specifically we will be separating you from your
>children) it's:
>
>"Well we all have the right to believe what we want "
>
>I'm usually pretty good about wasting my time on pointless
>back and forths like this with dumbfucks but sometimes it's
>too hard.

----------------------------------------

"Fuck aliens." © WarriorPoet415

GriftyMcgrift
20414 posts
Wed Jun-20-18 02:28 PM

45. "im pretty much completely off of facebook"
In response to Reply # 44

im a white guy in texas
with lots of redneck family unfortunately

then to top it off i play foosball competitively which is a very white/midwestern thing and its a tight knit community and alot of them are fb friends with me (or were)

so its just a symphony of idiots which has caused me to abandon facebook and pretty much those people in general

legsdiamond
79554 posts
Wed Jun-20-18 02:32 PM

47. "I'm from Western PA"
In response to Reply # 45

and friends of friends on timelines always talk that Trump shit

I engaged for a minute but its not worth it

whats scary is these folks send friend request so they can continue their bullshit rants

nah yo..

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

GriftyMcgrift
20414 posts
Wed Jun-20-18 02:39 PM

50. "this somewhat good friend of mine's wife posted a pic of"
In response to Reply # 47

the Fort Hood shooter

Army Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan

with some stupid thing about "vetting" immigrants

i was like that guy was born in the united states and is a us citzen...

then she basically backpedaled while still implying that any muslim in the military should be "vetted"

i was done after that

about a year later i was talking to him and his wife is like "hey my wife tried to message you but she said she isnt on your friends list "

i was like oh ya i probably purged a bunch of people sorry

Brew
24413 posts
Wed Jun-20-18 03:06 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
54. "Oh god both these scenarios sound awful."
In response to Reply # 50
Wed Jun-20-18 03:15 PM by Brew

I am from and live in Boston and despite the (well-deserved) reputation for racism, there is at least a reasonable balance between "those" idiots and people with brains and common sense. Judging by time spent in both PA and TX (and what you guys just described), I imagine I'd have to log off as well and maybe even move haha. Thankfully my level of exposure to this type of derangement is relatively limited. But it's there, cause it's everywhere.

Mynoriti
Charter member
38815 posts
Wed Jun-20-18 07:32 PM

57. "damn. I'd guess my world is around 15% Trump supporters"
In response to Reply # 45

among people I actually know and interact with it. and that's annoying enough

GriftyMcgrift
20414 posts
Wed Jun-20-18 07:49 PM

59. "fortunately as far as actual friends are concerned"
In response to Reply # 57

i have a small tight knit group of friends that are nothing like that

every one of those fucks that ive ended up "friends" with via association (family and foosball) ive pretty much cut out thank god and im better for it

Brew
24413 posts
Wed Jun-20-18 08:24 PM

60. "Yea that's probably pretty accurate for me too."
In response to Reply # 57

Kira
Member since Nov 14th 2004
28842 posts
Wed Jun-20-18 02:16 PM

42. "This administration manufactures crisis in order to gain support from th..."
In response to Reply # 0

... and it sucks for American people dragged into this mess.

Updates galore:

Detainees are dressed in all black:

https://twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/status/1009488528093384704?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%231009488528093384704

Airlines pulling out of this mess to distance themselves:

https://twitter.com/SpoxDHS/status/1009502457058201600?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%231009502457058201600

ICE shut down operations in southwest Portland:

https://twitter.com/ryanjhaas/status/1009509771857104896/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%231009509771857104896

Republicans are party of legal immigration Dems are party of illegal immigration (c) Senator Corryn
https://twitter.com/JohnCornyn/status/1009394673046220806?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%231009394673046220806

legsdiamond
79554 posts
Wed Jun-20-18 02:30 PM

46. "a coworker was in LaGuardia and said he saw ICE rushing a plane full"
In response to Reply # 42

of kids/immigrants through the airport in chains...

he said people started clapping

J_Stew
Member since Jul 06th 2002
22363 posts
Wed Jun-20-18 02:33 PM

48. "obviously not NYers"
In response to Reply # 46

people here don't clap for anything

houston_hardhead
550 posts
Wed Jun-20-18 03:03 PM

53. "just heard those kids were going to a facility in East Harlem"

?????wtf???

H-Town made L.A. paid

Mynoriti
Charter member
38815 posts
Wed Jun-20-18 07:35 PM

58. "jesus"

Shaun Tha Don
Member since Nov 19th 2005
18289 posts
Wed Jun-20-18 04:24 PM

56. "Haitians would like a word with you on the Dems being "
In response to Reply # 42

the party of illegal immigration.

>Republicans are party of legal immigration Dems are party of
>illegal immigration (c) Senator Corryn
>https://twitter.com/JohnCornyn/status/1009394673046220806?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%231009394673046220806

Rest In Peace, Bad News Brown

PimpTrickGangstaClik
15894 posts
Wed Jun-20-18 02:35 PM

49. "Trump Yesterday: I can't do anything. My hands are tied. Democrats fault"
In response to Reply # 0

Trump Today: I'm going to do something

legsdiamond
79554 posts
Wed Jun-20-18 02:39 PM

51. "Trump is an arsonist AND a firefighter"
In response to Reply # 49
Wed Jun-20-18 02:40 PM by legsdiamond

this fucking guy

legsdiamond
79554 posts
Wed Jun-20-18 02:41 PM

52. "American Airlines refuses to be used for flights to separate kids"
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/airlines-trump-family-separation_us_5b2a8935e4b0a4dc992360e2

Cam
Charter member
13286 posts
Wed Jun-20-18 03:19 PM

55. "I predict Ginger Thompson wins another Pulitzer for this story."
In response to Reply # 0

For Breaking News Reporting.
&
Their Breaking News Photography win will go to John Moore's photos of the baby girl crying as her mother is being detained, by ICE.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13267459 Previous topic | Next topic