Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13267358

Subject: "M-A-R-S. MARS Bitches! Trump directs creation of the Space Force" Previous topic | Next topic
PimpTrickGangstaClik
Member since Oct 06th 2005
15894 posts
Mon Jun-18-18 01:42 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"M-A-R-S. MARS Bitches! Trump directs creation of the Space Force"
Mon Jun-18-18 01:45 PM by PimpTrickGangstaClik

https://youtu.be/N-NkX86uPI0

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/18/president-trump-directs-pentagon-defense-department-to-immediately-being-the-process-of-establishing-space-force-as-sixth-military-branch.html

President Donald Trump declared Monday he will move to make a new branch of the military focused solely on space.

"I am hereby directing the Department of Defense and Pentagon to immediately begin the process necessary to establish a space force as the sixth branch of the armed forces," Trump said during a meeting of the National Space Council.

"Our destiny beyond the Earth is not only a matter of national identity but a matter of national security," Trump said.

The Pentagon and Air Force did not immediately respond to CNBC's request for comment.

Hefloated the idea for the force as a part of his national security strategy on March 13, saying "space is a war-fighting domain, just like the land, air, and sea." The president described then how he had originally coined the term as a joke, while discussing U.S. government spending and private investment in space.

"We have the Air Force, we'll have the space force," Trump said in March.

As it turns out, the space force sounds a lot like the space corps legislation the Trump administration opposed last year.

In the National Defense Authorization Act, the House Armed Services Committee proposed last June the establishment of a space corps, a new branch of the military that would fall under the command of the Air Force. This branch's relationship to the Air Force would be similar to the Marine Corps' ties to the Navy. The space corps would have an area of responsibility that encompasses the vast expanse outside of the Earth's atmosphere.

At the time, the White House, the Air Force as well as Secretary of Defense James Mattis disapproved of creating a sixth branch of the military.

"I oppose the creation of a new military service and additional organizational layers at a time when we are focused on reducing overhead and integrating joint warfighting efforts," Mattis wrote in a letter to the House and Senate armed services committees.

While the legislation passed the House, the space corps bid did not make it into the final defense authorization bill in November.

The addition of a service branch would be the first in 71 years. The Air Force is the nation's youngest branch and was added shortly after World War II.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Remember when Reagan tried this?
Jun 18th 2018
Didn't they run simulations...and it always failed?
Jun 18th 2018
https://media1.tenor.com/images/69ac31097fb39f2c2578f00f7244f368/tenor.g...
Jun 18th 2018
So when future generations look back
Jun 18th 2018
Will “Jedi” be an MOS?
Jun 18th 2018
i would certainly hope so
Jun 18th 2018
Space police, b*tches!
Jun 18th 2018
Can’t pass effective Gun Legislation on Earth so bring more guns in sp...
Jun 18th 2018
this is a bad idea
Jun 19th 2018
There better be 3 titty space thotties on mars when i get there
Jun 19th 2018

Hitokiri
Charter member
22106 posts
Mon Jun-18-18 02:28 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Remember when Reagan tried this?"
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMfmVzHZvkc

--

"You can't beat white people. You can only knock them out."

bentagain
Member since Mar 19th 2008
16595 posts
Mon Jun-18-18 04:09 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
8. "Didn't they run simulations...and it always failed?"
In response to Reply # 1

I imagine they are falling back on...the idea didn't have the technology to make it function

But this is the small government conservative GOP right?

Here's +$10B for outer space though...

---------------------------------------------------------------

If you can't understand it without an explanation

you can't understand it with an explanation

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79594 posts
Mon Jun-18-18 02:38 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "https://media1.tenor.com/images/69ac31097fb39f2c2578f00f7244f368/tenor.g..."
In response to Reply # 0

https://media1.tenor.com/images/69ac31097fb39f2c2578f00f7244f368/tenor.gif?itemid=10358473

they gonna send pallets of money to Mars

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

dagu
Member since Nov 25th 2005
1650 posts
Mon Jun-18-18 02:46 PM

3. "So when future generations look back"
In response to Reply # 0

will this be the date that humanity officially started down the path of taking our petty bullshit into space?

---------------------

http://www.last.fm/user/dagu85

Innocent Criminal
Member since May 03rd 2003
14586 posts
Mon Jun-18-18 02:58 PM

4. "Will “Jedi” be an MOS?"
In response to Reply # 0

KiloMcG
Member since Jan 01st 2008
27561 posts
Mon Jun-18-18 02:59 PM

5. "i would certainly hope so"
In response to Reply # 4

spenzalii
Member since Jan 02nd 2004
10982 posts
Mon Jun-18-18 03:27 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "Space police, b*tches!"
In response to Reply # 0

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71KdfyscuGL._SL1200_.jpg

<-- Dave Thomas knows what's up...

Jay: Look here homie, any nigga can get a hit record. This here is about respect.
Game: Like Gladys Knight.
Jay: Aretha Franklin.
Game: Word, I like her too.
Jay: Nigga...

thegodcam
Member since Oct 22nd 2004
41497 posts
Mon Jun-18-18 04:03 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "Can’t pass effective Gun Legislation on Earth so bring more guns in sp..."
In response to Reply # 0

i will not let finite disappointment undermine infinite hope
- Cory Booker

Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes, and at the end the Germans always win
- Gary Lineker

TR808
Member since Oct 24th 2012
2012 posts
Tue Jun-19-18 09:53 AM

9. "this is a bad idea"
In response to Reply # 0

you really think the Russians and Chinese are gonna just stand by and watch the US take over space????

Trump is the dumbest nigger I have ever seen...

You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Tw3nty
Member since Jan 02nd 2007
8466 posts
Tue Jun-19-18 11:18 AM

10. "There better be 3 titty space thotties on mars when i get there"
In response to Reply # 0

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lobby General Discussion topic #13267358 Previous topic | Next topic