Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13265928

Subject: "** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **" Previous topic | Next topic
Geah
Member since Feb 16th 2007
48407 posts
Wed Jun-13-18 07:50 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"

Nah

@geahuwine

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Oh, Charlotte....stop tempting my tummy....
Jun 13th 2018
sorry I missed it
Jun 13th 2018
      No worries my man! I should be back shortly for a House set
Jun 13th 2018
           wait, they moved to NoDa? I wondered what happened to that place
Jun 13th 2018
                Its weird where it is now
Jun 13th 2018
                     I know where it is.. that a tough spot until construction is complete
Jun 13th 2018
                          The parking is a mess, but the spot is straight. There's a House event t...
Jun 13th 2018
Everytime I see a black man over 30 wearing baggy jeans & tee...
Jun 13th 2018
Especially since you never see these types of brothers with
Jun 13th 2018
a woman in search of a word...
Jun 13th 2018
aye 12, PLEASE clarify if that's a typo or not.
Jun 13th 2018
damn. yeah it’s a typo lol
Jun 13th 2018
      *wipes brow*.. keep pushing fam! This world needs you in it.
Jun 13th 2018
stay strong ma
Jun 13th 2018
what do you mean by more natural?
Jun 13th 2018
      like. what is natural to me...
Jun 13th 2018
           cell phones, car payments, insurance, wifi
Jun 13th 2018
im spent
Jun 13th 2018
The baby crying at night worries me because of my neighbor
Jun 13th 2018
Cops show up for noise complaints where you live?
Jun 13th 2018
      Montgomery County and it’s an old white lady an asshole at that
Jun 13th 2018
fuck this clown. (direct management issue)
Jun 13th 2018
he prolly fucked around at his conference
Jun 13th 2018
      maybe. I think he doesnt "get" or respect my craft tbh.
Jun 13th 2018
           Or maybe you're too valuable in what you do now
Jun 13th 2018
                you're not wrong in some ways
Jun 13th 2018
                damn...what field are you in?
Jun 14th 2018

tully_blanchard
Charter member
6902 posts
Wed Jun-13-18 09:12 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Oh, Charlotte....stop tempting my tummy...."
In response to Reply # 0

Had my gig Saturday night and it went better than I ever expected. So, so, so awesome to see old faces and make new connects. My "next lifetime" showed up and...man...

We're actually friends, good friends. But there's always that *thing* in the air. Sitting down during the gig (we and the owner of the venue switch off all night), she goes

"You know what...I love you...I do. There's just something about being with you...it's always a special moment...even when there's nothing special going on. I've been wanting to tell you that for a while"

...young....

So a bunch of us walked over to get pizza, and I walked her to her car. The kinda hug we had was a definite "Don't look her/him in the eyes, cause it might go past this parking lot" thing. We didnt reach out to each other for the rest of the time I was there. We just knew.

My nephew graduated from high school yesterday. My whole family cried the entire time. He's autistic, and just seeing him in his robe brought us all to tears. That was so awesome to be a part of.

Hung with an old friend on Monday. A 30 minute check in turned into a 4 hour conversation. We hung with different crowds in school, so he was telling me all the other stories that I didnt know about. He's opened up a "permanent" pop -up record store inside a neighborhood market...really dope set up.

Oldest daughter treated me to a movie (Deadpool 2) and Cook-out over the weekend. That felt really awesome to be treated by my kid. We haven't had the closest of relationships over the years, but the past couple have been really good.

Mad that I liked Deadpool as much as I did. Hated the first one, but this one here was really dope.

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

http://soundcloud.com/rayandersonjr

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79586 posts
Wed Jun-13-18 09:15 AM

2. "sorry I missed it"
In response to Reply # 1

On our way to ATL on Saturday my wife says "that DJ you told me about is having a Prince tribute too"

still mad about it but the kids man

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

tully_blanchard
Charter member
6902 posts
Wed Jun-13-18 10:16 AM

3. "No worries my man! I should be back shortly for a House set"
In response to Reply # 2

Either there or at Crown Station

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

legsdiamond
79586 posts
Wed Jun-13-18 12:00 PM

11. "wait, they moved to NoDa? I wondered what happened to that place"
In response to Reply # 3

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

tully_blanchard
Charter member
6902 posts
Wed Jun-13-18 12:04 PM

12. "Its weird where it is now"
In response to Reply # 11

Like, it literally sits in a fork in the road.

Take Davidson all the way down, like crossover 36th, like you're going towards Sugar Creek, and you know how Davidson splits..one way towards Tryon, the other way towards Sugar Creek? It's right there in that fork, lol.

It's a bigger space now too.

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

legsdiamond
79586 posts
Wed Jun-13-18 12:07 PM

13. "I know where it is.. that a tough spot until construction is complete"
In response to Reply # 12

but once it is?

should be a nice location

tully_blanchard
Charter member
6902 posts
Wed Jun-13-18 12:20 PM

14. "The parking is a mess, but the spot is straight. There's a House event t..."
In response to Reply # 13

This Saturday

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13572 posts
Wed Jun-13-18 11:22 AM

4. "Everytime I see a black man over 30 wearing baggy jeans & tee..."
In response to Reply # 0

...I think he's gonna ask me for change, try to sell me some shit I don't want, or is gonna stand around looking up and down the block smoking cigarettes.

micMajestic
Charter member
22938 posts
Wed Jun-13-18 12:41 PM

17. "Especially since you never see these types of brothers with "
In response to Reply # 4
Wed Jun-13-18 12:41 PM by micMajestic

>...I think he's gonna ask me for change, try to sell me some
>shit I don't want, or is gonna stand around looking up and
>down the block smoking cigarettes.
>
>
>

their kids. Just smoking, drinking, wandering, arguing loudly, begging. Yet they still expect me to acknowledge them respectfully, and want women to respond to them when they talk. I just stay away.

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Wed Jun-13-18 11:33 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "a woman in search of a word..."
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Jun-13-18 11:57 AM by Trinity444

In light of the suicide of two people I was fond of, I found it necessarily to evaluate my own mental health. Things aren't so bad that i would harm myself ...just not at peace because I’m in search of identity. I’m leaning toward a more natural lifestyle.

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44615 posts
Wed Jun-13-18 11:39 AM

6. "aye 12, PLEASE clarify if that's a typo or not."
In response to Reply # 5
Wed Jun-13-18 11:41 AM by FLUIDJ

Re: "Things are so bad that i would harm myself .."

"Get ready....for your blessing....."

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Wed Jun-13-18 11:56 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "damn. yeah it’s a typo lol"
In response to Reply # 6

good thing you said somethin

FLUIDJ
44615 posts
Wed Jun-13-18 11:59 AM

10. "*wipes brow*.. keep pushing fam! This world needs you in it."
In response to Reply # 7

legsdiamond
79586 posts
Wed Jun-13-18 11:58 AM

8. "stay strong ma"
In response to Reply # 5

makaveli
Charter member
16303 posts
Wed Jun-13-18 11:58 AM

9. "what do you mean by more natural?"
In response to Reply # 5

sounds good whatever it is.

“So back we go to these questions — friendship, character… ethics.”

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Wed Jun-13-18 12:37 PM

16. "like. what is natural to me..."
In response to Reply # 9

there was a time in my life when I was mentally sound. I ate well, live off less and spiritually I was in a good place. I think I got off track when I ran into some money lol.

legsdiamond
79586 posts
Wed Jun-13-18 01:27 PM

18. "cell phones, car payments, insurance, wifi"
In response to Reply # 16

we don't have cable but I swear, all these little things add up.

tomjohn29
Member since Oct 18th 2004
16802 posts
Wed Jun-13-18 12:24 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
15. "im spent"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Jun-13-18 12:41 PM by tomjohn29

vacation coming

Navem nu, cuando sol
Tutu nu, vondo nos nu
Vita em, no continous non
Nos nu ekta nos sepe ta, amen

When the sun shades the ship
We sweat and life is not safe
To swim or to touch not
When we unite we hedge amen

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Wed Jun-13-18 01:32 PM

19. "The baby crying at night worries me because of my neighbor"
In response to Reply # 0

She’s a shitty person that I wouldn’t put it past her to call in a noise complaint.
But there’s times you gotta let a baby cry
Still I can’t have the cops showing up at our place in the middle of the night.
That whole situation really eats at me.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13572 posts
Wed Jun-13-18 01:43 PM

20. "Cops show up for noise complaints where you live?"
In response to Reply # 19

Aren't you in DC? Noise complaints go to the landlord here. Anything not loud enough to be heard outside (like a crying baby) and the cops are hands-off.

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Wed Jun-13-18 01:53 PM

23. "Montgomery County and it’s an old white lady an asshole at that "
In response to Reply # 20

I don’t know what the cops do or do not do here.
But I’d be smart not to trust that because they “don’t” they won’t.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

double negative
Member since Dec 14th 2007
22151 posts
Wed Jun-13-18 01:46 PM

21. "fuck this clown. (direct management issue)"
In response to Reply # 0

so this shit just happened....

A month and a half ago an old manager who still works for the company but is leading a different department forwards an email about a 3 day conference DIRECTLY having to do with my industry and profession. "You should look into this...this looks great." I received the same email but did not even think about asking to go because I knew it would be nothing but fuckery.

I forward the email and ask my direct manager "this looks great, I should go, can we expense this?"

He says, "oh, yeah, um, ask my manager about it"

I ask his manager, his manager says "Oh, yeah, um, ask YOUR manager about it"

3 weeks ago I ask again, and my manager says "oh, yeah, um, forward me that email again"

No response. I ask him again in person 4 days after that email. He says "Oh, yeah, um...forward that email again"

2 weeks ago I forward the email again this time with supporting arguments why in the fuck I should go and why it will benefit the company.

1 week ago I ask again, he says "oh, um, yeah...let me re-read that email"

Silence.

Silence.

Silence.

Towards the end I just said "I NEED a yes or no from you." A "no" is not going to ruin my day, NOT SAYING anything is what fucks me up. The lack of communication shows me where I stand.

We had a meeting yesterday and I just pinned him up against the wall and this dude says...

"Yeah, well I went to a conference last year and it was a waste of time. This is like, 2 or 3 thousand dollars to send you out there for 3 days...whats the benefit, none of the stuff applies."

So I pushed back and pushed back and even went through each and every workshop that was presented. "Oh look at this workshop...looks like it has EVERYTHING to do with EVERYTHING I DO HERE"

he kept saying

"Yeah, I don't see the value in it...whats the benefit?"

MOTHERFUCKER. The benefit is that I will become better at my job. How you gonna say "I get that this for professional development....but whats the benefit?"

The benefit is me developing professionally. And how are you going to say all of it is a waste of time, nigga, do you even DO what it is I DO on the daily?

"yeah well, I think its a waste of time..I don't know about flying you out there for 3 days" Which, ok, I also suspect some trust issues going down, like, does he expect me to go wild with hookers and blow?

I'm sick of this shit and I'm getting burnt out. I already hate the way shit is done here and I'm tired of feeling so under appreciated and strangely well compensated

This place routinely drops 50k, 250k, 1mm on horrible, outdated, shit ass software that NO ONE WANTS TO USE which means a total waste of money and yet this fool is looking at me like a slave talking about freedom when I'm asking about something that will benefit the company. They burn through money like its going out of style and yet...a request like this is like the most difficult ask.

I want to drink.

https://soundcloud.com/swageyph/yph-die-with-me

legsdiamond
79586 posts
Wed Jun-13-18 01:50 PM

22. "he prolly fucked around at his conference"
In response to Reply # 21

double negative
22151 posts
Wed Jun-13-18 01:56 PM

24. "maybe. I think he doesnt "get" or respect my craft tbh. "
In response to Reply # 22

tully_blanchard
Charter member
6902 posts
Wed Jun-13-18 03:58 PM

25. "Or maybe you're too valuable in what you do now"
In response to Reply # 24

They gonna approve you going somewhere to get some learning so you can get a better job??

Nah...stay right there where you is, homie.

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

double negative
22151 posts
Wed Jun-13-18 04:10 PM

26. "you're not wrong in some ways"
In response to Reply # 25

recruiters want to get off the phone quickly when I start talking comp. This company threw those golden cuffs on with a quickness.

FLUIDJ
44615 posts
Thu Jun-14-18 06:17 AM

27. "damn...what field are you in?"
In response to Reply # 25

Lobby General Discussion topic #13265928 Previous topic | Next topic