Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13261396

Subject: "Jesus wouldn't be riding a donkey: Evangelist wants $54 million jet" Previous topic | Next topic
PimpTrickGangstaClik
Member since Oct 06th 2005
15894 posts
Tue May-29-18 06:15 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Jesus wouldn't be riding a donkey: Evangelist wants $54 million jet"
Tue May-29-18 06:17 PM by PimpTrickGangstaClik

https://www.9news.com/amp/article?section=news&subsection=nation-world&headline=evangelist-wants-54m-jet-jesus-wouldnt-be-riding-donkey&contentId=507-559565916

The Louisiana-based ministry of Jesse Duplantis has already paid cash for three other private planes, but he says God told him 'I want you to believe in me for a Falcon 7X.'

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
he didnt learn from Keflo Dollar?
May 29th 2018
He indeed learned from Creflo...
May 30th 2018
dude already has 3 jets... God is GOOOD!!!
May 30th 2018
yes, a FOURTH jet that holds 20 passengers will help SO many more...
May 30th 2018
damn I need to start a church
May 30th 2018
Creflo-ass jabroni
May 30th 2018
This kind of mess makes me Sad for the Body of Christ.
May 30th 2018
https://media.giphy.com/media/tLql6mMHC6wvK/giphy.gif
May 30th 2018
Hold it up high. My comments remain for both. . Ya Good now?
May 30th 2018
lol
May 31st 2018
      Yaknow. Dude, was all up like AH HAAAAAA! Trying to prove what?
May 31st 2018
https://youtu.be/VdLq68m2G_o?t=24s
May 31st 2018
Why aren't more pastors with platforms denouncing these kinds of things?
May 31st 2018
      Many aren't against having Planes. It's more cost effective for some.
May 31st 2018
           I don't know - there seems to be overly a focus on the "abundance"
May 31st 2018
Jesus would turn all the seats to first class
May 30th 2018
donkeys can’t cross the sea tho.
May 31st 2018
He could have asked for a 20 Million Dollar Yacht
May 31st 2018
      he could just fly coach. But hey...to each his own
May 31st 2018
Kirk Franklin getting atacked by some on Instagram for condemning this
May 31st 2018
I'm joining this church
May 31st 2018

rdhull
Charter member
33134 posts
Tue May-29-18 10:16 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "he didnt learn from Keflo Dollar?"
In response to Reply # 0

Boogie Stimuli
Member since Sep 24th 2010
14015 posts
Wed May-30-18 05:05 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "He indeed learned from Creflo..."
In response to Reply # 1

“We wholeheartedly reject the notion that the ministry’s airplane project is an imposition on our community or that it somehow takes advantage of our people,” WCCI said in a lengthy statement. “We plan to acquire a Gulfstream G650 because it is the best, and it is a reflection of the level of excellence at which this organization chooses to operate.” - The board of Creflo's church

~
~
~
~
~
Days like this I miss Sha Mecca

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79586 posts
Wed May-30-18 07:58 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "dude already has 3 jets... God is GOOOD!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Dstl1
Charter member
56229 posts
Wed May-30-18 08:08 AM

4. "yes, a FOURTH jet that holds 20 passengers will help SO many more..."
In response to Reply # 0

people than the 54 million dollars we would spend on that jet could. Fuck these people.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

RobOne4
Member since Jun 06th 2003
56697 posts
Wed May-30-18 03:55 PM

5. "damn I need to start a church"
In response to Reply # 0

fuck me and my conscious

November 8th, 2005 The greatest night in the history of GD!

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Wed May-30-18 03:57 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "Creflo-ass jabroni"
In response to Reply # 0

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Wed May-30-18 04:02 PM

7. "This kind of mess makes me Sad for the Body of Christ."
In response to Reply # 0

I understand some things that pastors do. I can understand certain luxuries that pastors purchase with funds that have been earned from outside ventures that they own or from being a paid staff member. BUT THIS IS SOME PISS!

"I cannot see how nature could have created itself. Only a supernatural force that is outside of space and time could have done that. ~ Francis Collins

PimpTrickGangstaClik
Member since Oct 06th 2005
15894 posts
Wed May-30-18 04:40 PM

8. "https://media.giphy.com/media/tLql6mMHC6wvK/giphy.gif"
In response to Reply # 7

https://media.giphy.com/media/tLql6mMHC6wvK/giphy.gif

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12750362&mesg_id=12750362&listing_type=search

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Wed May-30-18 04:50 PM

10. "Hold it up high. My comments remain for both. . Ya Good now?"
In response to Reply # 8

>https://media.giphy.com/media/tLql6mMHC6wvK/giphy.gif
>
>http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12750362&mesg_id=12750362&listing_type=search

"I cannot see how nature could have created itself. Only a supernatural force that is outside of space and time could have done that. ~ Francis Collins

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79586 posts
Thu May-31-18 07:59 AM

11. "lol"
In response to Reply # 10

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Thu May-31-18 01:28 PM

16. "Yaknow. Dude, was all up like AH HAAAAAA! Trying to prove what?"
In response to Reply # 11

double negative
Member since Dec 14th 2007
22151 posts
Thu May-31-18 11:37 AM

14. "https://youtu.be/VdLq68m2G_o?t=24s"
In response to Reply # 8

https://youtu.be/VdLq68m2G_o?t=24s

https://soundcloud.com/swageyph/yph-die-with-me

Overqualified
Member since May 03rd 2006
4543 posts
Thu May-31-18 10:46 AM

12. "Why aren't more pastors with platforms denouncing these kinds of things?"
In response to Reply # 7

along with what appear to be Christian leaders aligning themselves with Trumpism/hard line conservatism? Especially Black pastors?

It would seem that in trying to lead people to better living through Christ/salvation (along with being politically active), this would be the perfect opportunity for these leaders to say "Hold up. Christians aren't about that at all, we're about THIS. That guy's a clown". Turning over the tables in the temple and camel through the eyes of needles and all that.

In these times, especially with people turning away from the church, more of a united front and louder voices against what pushes people away would be effective - but it seems as if those within the church are either complicit or fine with leaving well enough alone.

Streets won't let me chill.

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Thu May-31-18 01:27 PM

15. "Many aren't against having Planes. It's more cost effective for some."
In response to Reply # 12

I know that some folks have an issue with the plane thing but it's not like folks are taking it for a spin around the city to front. Cost can be a factor and the pastor could be offsetting the cost by using the plane as a paid private transport service when it's not in use. Now, I'm not for getting the most expensive but the most cost effective and reasonable if needed. I'm just saying - be a business person about the matter. But in this case of Jesse, this is some real BS.

>along with what appear to be Christian leaders aligning
>themselves with Trumpism/hard line conservatism? Especially
>Black pastors?
>

Race shouldn't be a factor. The core motivation should all be Christ Centered and not ego or culture driven. So, if we peel back the BS about RACE and focus on the life lessons, practices, and teachings of Jesus and the Disciples, and Paul, we'd all be on one accord instead of this Political hate. Some of these pastors don't love Jesus, they love patriotism and fear.

>It would seem that in trying to lead people to better living
>through Christ/salvation (along with being politically
>active), this would be the perfect opportunity for these
>leaders to say "Hold up. Christians aren't about that at all,
>we're about THIS. That guy's a clown". Turning over the
>tables in the temple and camel through the eyes of needles and
>all that.
>

Here's the rub, what are Christians all about? Folks think that being a Christian is about minimalism - it's not. It's about living an abundant life. It's about Loving God, loving your neighbor, caring for each other and the earth as we care for our won bodies. We let all of this other nonsense, jealousy, insecurity, and hate cloud our minds. We focus on what someone else has instead of what we can give or is not giving. We (me included) do more talking about BS than actually being an example of change. We suck. But we don't have to be that bad. But no one is turning over table because people don't want that kind of weight on them or pressure. We want easy faith and light works.

>In these times, especially with people turning away from the
>church, more of a united front and louder voices against what
>pushes people away would be effective - but it seems as if
>those within the church are either complicit or fine with
>leaving well enough alone.

Some aren't but many are just trying to stay in their lane because it's hard enough to keep your own church in order as it is.

Overqualified
Member since May 03rd 2006
4543 posts
Thu May-31-18 04:38 PM

17. "I don't know - there seems to be overly a focus on the "abundance""
In response to Reply # 15

...as opposed to Christ centered living as a catalyst to a better you.

And I'm not saying this is true of all pastors of course. There's a lot, including yourself, that are doing some great things - but just like rap - allowing the least among us, but those who know how to pander and have media savvy to shine, does a great disservice.

>I know that some folks have an issue with the plane thing but
>it's not like folks are taking it for a spin around the city
>to front. Cost can be a factor and the pastor could be
>offsetting the cost by using the plane as a paid private
>transport service when it's not in use.

Ehh. I've worked in multi-billion dollar firms before and none of the managing partners or CEOs flew private - and they were going all around the country/world. This seems like a marketing ploy to me.

>Race shouldn't be a factor. The core motivation should all be
>Christ Centered and not ego or culture driven.

I gotta stop you there. I guess in context of talking about our people, we're the ones most greatly affected because we're the ones by and large doing most of the giving with the least to give. Mainstream Black culture and the Black Church are still heavily intertwined. There probably wouldn't have been much of a Civil Rights Movement without the Black Church...and even today, if you want influence in the Black community, the best way to do it is by being a reverend. Race definitely plays a factor when discussing organized religion and "us".

>Here's the rub, what are Christians all about? Folks think
>that being a Christian is about minimalism - it's not. It's
>about living an abundant life. It's about Loving God, loving
>your neighbor, caring for each other and the earth as we care
>for our won bodies.

No one is saying being a pauper - God knows what we want, but I would think as a Christian you want the spirit of Christ to radiate through what you do and be a ministry to others. God wants our lives to be abundant, but in that are we showing the spirit of Christ by begging for planes or driving Bentleys when your congregation lives in squalor? *ahem* Jamal Bryant *ahem* That's not being a testimony. Taking care of your people and bettering your community is.

>Some aren't but many are just trying to stay in their lane
>because it's hard enough to keep your own church in order as
>it is.

Can't argue with that.

Streets won't let me chill.

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Wed May-30-18 04:47 PM

9. "Jesus would turn all the seats to first class"
In response to Reply # 0

on a big jetliner...not a PRIVATE plane.

"I am going to prepare a place for you....etc"

he out here trynas get a FOURTH plane after they done already bought THREE....IN CAAAAAAAAAAASH

this nxgga gotta GO. this why ppl dont fk with church.

IG: amadu_me

"...Whateva, man..." (c) Redman

godleeluv
Member since Jun 11th 2013
5861 posts
Thu May-31-18 10:48 AM

13. "donkeys can’t cross the sea tho. "
In response to Reply # 0

lol
... "A Beautiful Struggle"
https://m.facebook.com/jamelabullock
Www.reverbnation.com/jamela

MELa
Musically.Entertaining.Lyrically.Alluring.

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Thu May-31-18 04:47 PM

18. "He could have asked for a 20 Million Dollar Yacht "
In response to Reply # 13

godleeluv
Member since Jun 11th 2013
5861 posts
Thu May-31-18 07:46 PM

21. "he could just fly coach. But hey...to each his own "
In response to Reply # 18

... "A Beautiful Struggle"
https://m.facebook.com/jamelabullock
Www.reverbnation.com/jamela

MELa
Musically.Entertaining.Lyrically.Alluring.

thegodcam
Member since Oct 22nd 2004
41497 posts
Thu May-31-18 06:26 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
19. "Kirk Franklin getting atacked by some on Instagram for condemning this"
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjaRAKGHZLQ/?hl=en&taken-by=kirkfranklin

i will not let finite disappointment undermine infinite hope
- Cory Booker

Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes, and at the end the Germans always win
- Gary Lineker

Castro
Charter member
50749 posts
Thu May-31-18 07:37 PM

20. "I'm joining this church"
In response to Reply # 0

------------------
One Hundred.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13261396 Previous topic | Next topic