Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13257459

Subject: "Spotify removes R. Kelly and XXXtengallonhat's music off promoted playli..." Previous topic | Next topic
BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85051 posts
Thu May-10-18 01:59 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Spotify removes R. Kelly and XXXtengallonhat's music off promoted playli..."

citing hate content and hateful conduct. i'm sure this will be implemented consistently regardless of the artist...

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/8455375/spotify-removes-r-kelly-music-playlists-new-hate-content-conduct-policy

Beginning today (May 10), Spotify users will no longer be able to find R. Kelly's music on any of the streaming service's editorial or algorithmic playlists. Under the terms of a new public hate content and hateful conduct policy Spotify is putting into effect, the company will no longer promote the R&B singer's music in any way, removing his songs from flagship playlists like RapCaviar, Discover Weekly or New Music Friday, for example, as well as its other genre- or mood-based playlists.

"We are removing R. Kelly’s music from all Spotify owned and operated playlists and algorithmic recommendations such as Discover Weekly," Spotify told Billboard in a statement. "His music will still be available on the service, but Spotify will not actively promote it. We don’t censor content because of an artist’s or creator’s behavior, but we want our editorial decisions -- what we choose to program -- to reflect our values. When an artist or creator does something that is especially harmful or hateful, it may affect the ways we work with or support that artist or creator."

Over the past several years, Kelly has been accused by multiple women of sexual violence, coercion and running a "sex cult," including two additional women who came forward to Buzzfeed this week. Though he has never been convicted of a crime, he has come under increasing scrutiny over the past several weeks, particularly with the launch of the #MuteRKelly movement at the end of April. Kelly has vociferously defended himself, saying those accusing him are an “attempt to distort my character and to destroy my legacy." And while RCA Records has thus far not dropped Kelly from his recording contract, Spotify has distanced itself from promoting his music.

"When we look at promotion, we look at issues around hateful conduct, where you have an artist or another creator who has done something off-platform that is so particularly out of line with our values, egregious, in a way that it becomes something that we don't want to associate ourselves with," Jonathan Prince, Spotify's vp/head of content and marketplace policy, tells Billboard. "So we've decided that in some circumstances, we may choose to not work with that artist or their content in the same way -- to not program it, to not playlist it, to not do artist marketing campaigns with that artist."

Kelly is the only artist that Spotify specifically acknowledged would fall under this new public policy, though others may also be affected. Later on Thursday, Billboard was able to confirm that controversial rapper XXXTentacion had also been removed from playlists, namely the highly influential RapCaviar.

The hateful conduct provision is one part of the new policy, which also includes a provision for hate content. The company is making a point to acknowledge there are different cultural standards as to what could be considered offensive in different regions around the globe -- Spotify is available in more than 50 countries worldwide -- but worked together with several advocacy groups to determine its definition of hate content, including The Southern Poverty Law Center, The Anti-Defamation League, Color Of Change, Showing Up for Racial Justice (SURJ), GLAAD, Muslim Advocates and the International Network Against Cyber Hate.

"Hate content is content that expressly and principally promotes, advocates, or incites hatred or violence against a group or individual based on characteristics, including, race, religion, gender identity, sex, ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability," the policy reads. "When we are alerted to content that violates our policy, we may remove it (in consultation with rights holders) or refrain from promoting or manually programming it on our service."

The company acknowledges that, with more than 35 million tracks on its service, it cannot police everything, and has introduced a three-pronged reporting system for hate content or hateful conduct, including internal monitoring from its teams already in place; consultations with expert partners, such as the advocacy groups it worked with to develop the policy; and user comments and reports. The company also says it has created a monitoring tool called Spotify AudioWatch to help it screen for and flag hate content.

The new guidelines for Spotify arrive not just in the midst of the #MeToo and #TimesUp movements -- which helped springboard the #MuteRKelly initiative -- but also as YouTube, another music streaming service with a widely-used free tier and a massive user base, has had to deal with extensive criticism and an advertiser backlashrevolving around its users uploading hateful content to its platform. YouTube has announced that it is working on ways to curb hate speech and content, and revealed a new filter to screen for "hate" videos and flag them for takedown, and to not place advertisements against them.

It's also not the first time Spotify has addressed hate content on its platform; Prince acknowledges that the company has had internal policies to address such content for years, and last August the company announced it had removed an array of white supremacist content from its catalog.

"We are pleased to be in partnership with Spotify, in identifying and setting standards to ensure content on their platform continues to allow for artistic and creative freedom and expression, while ensuring the most inclusive and just world we can live in," said Rashid Shabazz, chief marketing and storytelling officer at Color of Change, which worked with Spotify on its policy, in a statement to Billboard. "Spotify is a trendsetter, and we are encouraged and hopeful that the new policy will encourage others in the digital music industry to follow their example, and look to address content on their platforms that may foster hate, discrimination and bias."

"I think that, frankly, all of us have become increasingly aware of the responsibility that we have when we make recommendations about content, and particularly when we're doing that in a way that may send signals to our audience about what we believe and what we value," Prince tells Billboard. "So we thought it was really past time for us to take a really over-arching look at that. These are really complicated issues and this is our first iteration of a really comprehensive policy. We're going to continue to try to evolve our approach to these things."

<--- Big Baller World Order

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
R. Kelly's music == "Hate Content" ??? (now w/ edit)
May 10th 2018
Content and Conduct
May 10th 2018
^ ^ ^Sees it.
May 14th 2018
XXXtengallonhat <---- L M A O
May 10th 2018
same
May 10th 2018
i like his music, but i LOVE making up names for him
May 10th 2018
R Kelly's management team responds. They have a point
May 10th 2018
They really don’t.
May 10th 2018
of course they do. just stick with the facts and don't moralize
May 10th 2018
      ^^^^This^^^^
May 11th 2018
      Spotify didnt exist in John Lennon & Ozzy Osborne's prime
May 19th 2018
           boy oh boy, all these wack excuses
May 23rd 2018
                Im not sure you know the definition of excuse
May 25th 2018
                     no, it was not. they separated art from artists.
May 25th 2018
because he's accused of ongoing abuse
May 10th 2018
this slope slippery af.
May 10th 2018
its a racist Move and last I check Kellz can travel abroad passport
May 10th 2018
They aren't removing his music, just not promoting it
May 11th 2018
      He’s keeping the failing Spotify afloat.
May 12th 2018
Pretty sure Guns and Roses
May 11th 2018
Bottom line
May 11th 2018
It’s not that serious.
May 12th 2018
Solution is simple-New themed playlists
May 12th 2018
fuck kellz but this is a dangerous precedent
May 12th 2018
Depends on how many artists are pedophiles or Nazis.
May 12th 2018
depends on what a "lot" is...berry, jagger, bowie, lewis a lot?
May 12th 2018
right? because *literally everyone* peed on a kid
May 12th 2018
      look at this basement dweller still thinking there are only a few
May 12th 2018
           mans really used "it was known 20 years ago" to handwave peeing on kids
May 14th 2018
           name the people on spotify playlists accused of currently keeping women
May 14th 2018
           *dies waiting*
May 19th 2018
           this is pretty stupid
May 14th 2018
I get it, but I don't like it.
May 12th 2018
WHAT IF
May 14th 2018
      ¿que es?
May 14th 2018
Gotta side with MaXXX on the issue
May 14th 2018
They’re still carrying R. Kelly’s rape anthems.
May 14th 2018
But they made the 'statement'...yes?
May 14th 2018
      They also removed a bunch of Nazi music too.
May 14th 2018
      making you losers cry
May 14th 2018
           Man, you got more patience than me.
May 14th 2018
                Maybe you two can take a break from congratulating each
May 14th 2018
                They don't want to give these folks money
May 15th 2018
                     Then don’t.. it’s real easy not to give these folks money
May 19th 2018
                          this is an actual example (not your reply, but the whole controversy)
May 19th 2018
                it's so obvious that they don't care what happens
May 14th 2018
Can you link me that content on Spotify.com I can't seem to find it.
May 15th 2018
      RE: Can you link me that content on Spotify.com I can't seem to find it....
Jun 01st 2018
Ugh.
May 14th 2018
Some of which was enabled by the parents of the targeted girls
May 19th 2018
      so your argument is "if a girl's parents dont care, why should we?"
May 19th 2018
           If I'm being fair...
May 19th 2018
                How is that comment vile? Some of the targeted's parents were
May 19th 2018
                     my morality standard is not set by random parents
May 19th 2018
                     you're doing awful, sweetie
May 19th 2018
                     And where were those parents again in 1994 and 2003?
May 20th 2018
                          I have no clue what you're asking
May 20th 2018
                     It's vile because ....
May 19th 2018
                          He got away with it for far too long thanks to the people that allowed
May 20th 2018
                               if you want to be a lying shit, just say "I'm a lying shit"
May 23rd 2018
"it's too late, they should have did this shit 30 years ago"
May 22nd 2018
his streams increased?
May 23rd 2018
Maxxx wrote a script in Python to spin R.Kelly non stop
May 23rd 2018
LMAO
May 23rd 2018
of course they did.
May 23rd 2018
He's emboldened by the support he still gets from his black fanbase
May 24th 2018
This part.
May 24th 2018
shocked, amazed, appalled.
May 24th 2018
The Pee Hive is dumb strong
May 24th 2018
      RE: The Pee Hive is dumb strong-HOLY CRAP DOC!!!LMAO!!!!
Jun 01st 2018
he's right. On a couple of fronts
May 24th 2018
      Oh for sure.
May 24th 2018
Spotify plans to adjust policy due to artist & employee backlash (swipe)
May 25th 2018
You pedophile fans can rejoice. Spotify drops policy.
Jun 01st 2018
Lol. You mad
Jun 01st 2018
      it was a slippery slope
Jun 01st 2018
      They would have had to damn near wipe out a huge chunk.....
Jun 01st 2018
           Right. This cld never work as long as Last Caress by Misfits is on there
Jun 02nd 2018
           which spotify playlist is that on? sorry I don't browse em like that.
Jun 02nd 2018
           So you only read the part about playlists. There's more to the article.
Jun 02nd 2018
                I know, you don't actually know what the policy was.
Jun 02nd 2018
                     So you didn't read the article. Not surprising.
Jun 02nd 2018
                          this is funny because
Jun 02nd 2018
           Misfits are not to be taken seriously
Jun 02nd 2018
                So people can just say they aren't serious, and it's not "hate content"?
Jun 02nd 2018
                     imagine if you can hypothetically, no dirt came out on Quentin Tarantino
Jun 02nd 2018
                          Imagine if you can hypothetically, this was about Spotify proclaiming a
Jun 02nd 2018
                               um
Jun 02nd 2018
                               Where did I say they rolled it back?
Jun 02nd 2018
                                    you claimed it was about more than playlists.
Jun 02nd 2018
                                         They've removed certain content from their catalog for violating this
Jun 02nd 2018
                                              you have no idea what you're talking about, LOL
Jun 02nd 2018
                                                   Or you could just admit you didn't read the article thoroughly
Jun 02nd 2018
                                                        It's funny every time you say that.
Jun 02nd 2018
Jun 02nd 2018
                                    Your point?
Jun 02nd 2018
                                         that you don't want to admit you misread it.
Jun 02nd 2018
                                              Ah ok, then you're just wrong.
Jun 02nd 2018
                                                   fortunately all the evidence is there to show I'm right.
Jun 02nd 2018
                                                        Or you could just admit you didn't read the article thoroughly
Jun 02nd 2018
           which isn't true.
Jun 02nd 2018
      dude whines for days about playlists
Jun 02nd 2018
           http://i.imgur.com/c7c8aDx.jpg
Jun 02nd 2018
                I'm glad you've found a way to admit I'm right.
Jun 02nd 2018

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13561 posts
Thu May-10-18 02:08 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "R. Kelly's music == "Hate Content" ??? (now w/ edit)"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu May-10-18 02:11 PM by flipnile

???

Not all that murderous rap, but R. Kelly?

I mean, I don't rock with R. Kelly personally, but this just seems like some bullshit.

Just say y'all pulling his shit because of the allegations.

Edit: Just noticed the word "conduct" next to "content." Makes more sense, but seems like an even more subjective land mine. Who gets to determine what "conduct" is "hateful?"

Basaglia
Member since Nov 30th 2004
49463 posts
Thu May-10-18 04:14 PM

2. "Content and Conduct"
In response to Reply # 1

Steph: I was just fooling about

Kyrie: I wasn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8OWNspU_yE

NoDrawls McGraw
Member since Jun 24th 2007
12122 posts
Mon May-14-18 09:48 PM

39. "^ ^ ^Sees it."
In response to Reply # 1

Twilight Zone status.

https://chriswind.bandcamp.com/track/massage

"You can take an African out of Africa, but you can't take Africa out of the African"
Afro-Americana/Afro-Caribbana/Afro-Latino unite. We are ALL Black!

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Thu May-10-18 04:26 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "XXXtengallonhat <---- L M A O "
In response to Reply # 0

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Thu May-10-18 04:38 PM

4. "same"
In response to Reply # 3

IG: amadu_me

"...Whateva, man..." (c) Redman

BrooklynWHAT
85051 posts
Thu May-10-18 07:57 PM

9. "i like his music, but i LOVE making up names for him"
In response to Reply # 3

PimpTrickGangstaClik
Member since Oct 06th 2005
15894 posts
Thu May-10-18 05:37 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "R Kelly's management team responds. They have a point"
In response to Reply # 0

He was never convicted of anything put up against him. But at the same time, Spotify has no problem promoting CONVICTED violent criminals. So why lump him in to the "bad" crowd?

I'm not saying I agree. Just that they do have a valid point.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dc3HiW1W0AA3-iz.jpg:large

Innocent Criminal
Member since May 03rd 2003
14585 posts
Thu May-10-18 05:52 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "They really don’t. "
In response to Reply # 5

Everyone knows what R. Kelly is. A lack of a criminal conviction doesn’t change that. This is a free market, if Rape Kelly and his people have a problem with how their catalog is handled they are free to take it down and start their own service. Spotify doesn’t owe him or anyone else a “fair” shake.

Basaglia
49463 posts
Thu May-10-18 09:27 PM

10. "of course they do. just stick with the facts and don't moralize"
In response to Reply # 6

john lennon and ozzy whooped women's asses. on the record. confirmed. and we're supposed to just ignore the difference in treatment for them for completely arbitrary reasons? "too bad, they're different" is just how it's gonna be? LMAO! yeah...okay.

nothing good ever comes from trying to unload the total weight of problematic behavior on a few individuals to make us all feel like the problem is actually getting better.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79495 posts
Fri May-11-18 07:39 AM

13. "^^^^This^^^^"
In response to Reply # 10

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

atruhead
Charter member
85230 posts
Sat May-19-18 11:38 AM

44. "Spotify didnt exist in John Lennon & Ozzy Osborne's prime"
In response to Reply # 10

>
>john lennon and ozzy whooped women's asses. on the record.
>confirmed. and we're supposed to just ignore the difference in
>treatment for them for completely arbitrary reasons? "too bad,
>they're different" is just how it's gonna be? LMAO!
>yeah...okay.
>
>nothing good ever comes from trying to unload the total weight
>of problematic behavior on a few individuals to make us all
>feel like the problem is actually getting better.

R Kelly is still kidnapping, abusing and preying on young black girls

Basaglia
49463 posts
Wed May-23-18 12:17 AM

57. "boy oh boy, all these wack excuses"
In response to Reply # 44

atruhead
Charter member
85230 posts
Fri May-25-18 08:42 AM

70. "Im not sure you know the definition of excuse"
In response to Reply # 57

it was logistically impossible for Spotify to do anything about John Lennon or Ozzy

now you can make a retroactive argument if you need to cape for the Pied Piper that much, but it's a pretty shitty course of logic

Basaglia
49463 posts
Fri May-25-18 11:38 AM

71. "no, it was not. they separated art from artists. "
In response to Reply # 70

you can do that with consistency, dead or alive.

Rjcc
Charter member
94950 posts
Thu May-10-18 06:05 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "because he's accused of ongoing abuse"
In response to Reply # 5

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

tariqhu
Charter member
17878 posts
Thu May-10-18 06:55 PM

8. "this slope slippery af."
In response to Reply # 0

what about black on black rap?

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

mistermaxxx08
Member since Dec 31st 2010
16076 posts
Thu May-10-18 10:06 PM

11. "its a racist Move and last I check Kellz can travel abroad passport"
In response to Reply # 0

hating jive sucker turkey music service. if they don't keep Kellz Music than I won't keep my free subscription

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

Miami Heat, New York Yankees,buffalo bills

tully_blanchard
Charter member
6902 posts
Fri May-11-18 07:22 AM

12. "They aren't removing his music, just not promoting it"
In response to Reply # 11

You can keep paying your free.99 every month homie

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

http://soundcloud.com/rayandersonjr

JFrost1117
Member since Aug 12th 2005
23876 posts
Sat May-12-18 01:23 PM

20. "He’s keeping the failing Spotify afloat."
In response to Reply # 12

Yes! She's on the drugs. (c) BoHagon

sonofodin
Member since Mar 31st 2005
1191 posts
Fri May-11-18 02:09 PM

14. "Pretty sure Guns and Roses "
In response to Reply # 0

have "hateful" content....

xbox gamertag: Winladen
PSN: Winladen

hardware
Member since May 22nd 2007
42304 posts
Fri May-11-18 03:47 PM

15. "Bottom line"
In response to Reply # 0

if Spotify paying people to make playlists and users aint playing them cause R.Kelly on em, they have a case.

hip bopper
Member since Jun 22nd 2003
7385 posts
Sat May-12-18 06:46 AM

16. "It’s not that serious."
In response to Reply # 0

Stringer Bell
Member since Mar 15th 2004
3175 posts
Sat May-12-18 07:01 AM

17. "Solution is simple-New themed playlists"
In response to Reply # 0

Human Trafficking Caviar

Hellyeah
Member since Jul 05th 2008
6507 posts
Sat May-12-18 10:45 AM

18. "fuck kellz but this is a dangerous precedent"
In response to Reply # 0

soon those spotify playlists are going to be empty as fuck

Innocent Criminal
14585 posts
Sat May-12-18 01:14 PM

19. "Depends on how many artists are pedophiles or Nazis. "
In response to Reply # 18

Basaglia
49463 posts
Sat May-12-18 09:15 PM

23. "depends on what a "lot" is...berry, jagger, bowie, lewis a lot?"
In response to Reply # 19

Rjcc
Charter member
94950 posts
Sat May-12-18 02:33 PM

21. "right? because *literally everyone* peed on a kid"
In response to Reply # 18

and is accused of currently holding and abusing women right now.

the list is so long!

Hellyeah
Member since Jul 05th 2008
6507 posts
Sat May-12-18 05:38 PM

22. "look at this basement dweller still thinking there are only a few"
In response to Reply # 21

rotten apples over in the entertainment industry

sorry to burst your bubble but there's literally dirt on *anyone* just waiting to come out..today you draw the line at kellz peeing on children (newsflash, it was known almost 20 years ago) tomorrow maybe this fucking outrage culture will ask to delete the catalogue of anyone who paid for sex, or did drugs..

fuck i'm ashamed i have to explain this basic ass shit to grown ass "men"

Rjcc
Charter member
94950 posts
Mon May-14-18 12:49 PM

25. "mans really used "it was known 20 years ago" to handwave peeing on kids"
In response to Reply # 22

Rjcc
Charter member
94950 posts
Mon May-14-18 12:50 PM

26. "name the people on spotify playlists accused of currently keeping women"

locked up away from their families.

I'll wait.

Rjcc
Charter member
94950 posts
Sat May-19-18 03:40 PM

50. "*dies waiting*"
In response to Reply # 26

Nodima
Member since Jul 30th 2008
15297 posts
Mon May-14-18 04:07 PM

27. "this is pretty stupid"

Despite what I said below, there's obviously a strong argument to be made that transactional services are a bit different from false or psychological imprisonment.

~~~~~~~~~
"This is the streets, and I am the trap." � Jay Bilas
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/archive/contributor/517
Hip Hop Handbook: http://tinyurl.com/ll4kzz

Nodima
15297 posts
Sat May-12-18 09:24 PM

24. "I get it, but I don't like it."
In response to Reply # 0
Sat May-12-18 09:28 PM by Nodima

Before I get into any of this, the bottom line regarding these two artists: R. Kelly's audience is already at the point they're seeking him out, not stumbling onto him, and XXXtentacion's entire brand is being too dangerous for the mainstream. This likely doesn't hurt R. Kelly and it likely helps XXX extend his 15 minutes before he goes to prison. That's my read.

That said, I don't use Spotify, but a LOT of people do. And the articles and the numbers are out there to support anyone willing to argue Spotify is the most important gatekeeper to success in the music industry currently, more than Apple Music or radio or television or Soundcloud. But unlike the old guard of radio and television, Spotify isn't just promoting the art, they're distributing it. That's not all that different than a record store or big box store advertising certain albums on your way to the R&B section or placing certain albums in the staff picks section, but Spotify's a CD section at Best Buy you can walk into whenever you want.

To me that makes this problematic because if they're just going to pick and choose flavor of the week bad boys and girls to stop promoting, then it just doesn't make any sense and artists/labels can never be entirely sure whether their music will continue to be promoted. But I think it also makes their playlists instantly disingenuous and, to me, less valuable. Like, are they going to pull "Don't Be Cruel" from, or refuse to add it to, any sort of "Essential New Jack Swing" playlist they might have or someday feel the urge to make? Jay-Z wasn't charged with but could reasonably be accused of attempted murder rather than misdemeanor assault; the details of XXX's case are far more grisly and appalling, but at the end of day stabbing a dude over a bootleg rumor is pretty fucking offensive and Not Cool (I know Jay isn't on the service, but if his catalog were to be made available, could Spotify justify adding his music to their service with zero fanfare?).

Also, as others have stated, is there a statute of limitations on this that absolves John Lennon solo records or Richard Pryor comedy albums? How much of this is about race as much as the current zeitgeist of cultural criticism?

I get why Spotify (and, it seems, Apple Music) feel the need to bow to the political pressure surround those two. But where does the line stop? Do they need to stop promoting Lil' Peep because he lived his music to an unsafe degree? Can the public handle hearing Clipse on a mid-2000s retrospective knowing the rhymes are at least partially couched in truths? Why isn't Chris Brown a part of this; is it just because nobody really talks about him except his fans anymore and Rihanna seems to have gotten over it?

I've obviously written too much about this, but TL;DR - this is stupid, but fine.

~~~~~~~~~

Rjcc
Charter member
94950 posts
Mon May-14-18 07:08 PM

32. "WHAT IF"
In response to Reply # 24

instead of "what is"

Nodima
15297 posts
Mon May-14-18 08:36 PM

37. "¿que es?"
In response to Reply # 32

~~~~~~~~~

bentagain
Member since Mar 19th 2008
16595 posts
Mon May-14-18 05:08 PM

28. "Gotta side with MaXXX on the issue"
In response to Reply # 0

Outlets still carry Polansky and Woody pics...right?

What's the end goal here?

Some moral high ground that pedophiles aren't profiting off of their service...but how do you enforce that?

Are they declining subscriptions from convicted pedos?

Can I still stream Jerry Lee Lewis records?

I mean...feels like the whole issue is being able to separate art from real life

If you can do that...what's the point of this?

FTR, the ignition remix is still great

---------------------------------------------------------------

If you can't understand it without an explanation

you can't understand it with an explanation

Innocent Criminal
14585 posts
Mon May-14-18 05:33 PM

29. "They’re still carrying R. Kelly’s rape anthems. "
In response to Reply # 28

They just aren’t putting them on easy to find playlists.

bentagain
16595 posts
Mon May-14-18 05:49 PM

30. "But they made the 'statement'...yes?"
In response to Reply # 29
Mon May-14-18 05:50 PM by bentagain

Still stand by my reply

having some moral conduct policy in 2018 that results in singling out R. Kelly = you're doing it wrong.

They felt it necessary to

A - implement (even though it sounds like only R and XXX fall under their new moral stance)

B - make a public statement

again

what's the end goal here?

serious...what do you think they are actually accomplishing?

Innocent Criminal
14585 posts
Mon May-14-18 06:44 PM

31. "They also removed a bunch of Nazi music too. "
In response to Reply # 30

They completely removed their catalogs, not just from playlists. That was publicized as well. You gonna throw a pity party for NegroSmasher?

Rjcc
Charter member
94950 posts
Mon May-14-18 07:09 PM

33. "making you losers cry"
In response to Reply # 30

cuz it's only you losers who have been standing by every loser who targets women that are up in arms...and none of you even read past the headlines to find out what happened.

Innocent Criminal
14585 posts
Mon May-14-18 07:17 PM

34. "Man, you got more patience than me. "
In response to Reply # 33

I feel like these points have been addressed repeatedly across two different threads and we get the same retorts. “What about Jerry Lee Lewis and Conway Twittty?”

bentagain
16595 posts
Mon May-14-18 08:24 PM

36. "Maybe you two can take a break from congratulating each"
In response to Reply # 34

other to answer the question

What's the end goal here?

Does Nazi MUSIC offend...sure

R Kelly is offensive...but his music...nope, not offensive

Strange correlation to make between the two

So run it down for me

Ye made some recent offensive remarks...but he's okay...right

MJ...still cool...right

Etc

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22255 posts
Tue May-15-18 05:22 AM

41. "They don't want to give these folks money "
In response to Reply # 36

That simple.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

legsdiamond
79495 posts
Sat May-19-18 09:58 AM

43. "Then don’t.. it’s real easy not to give these folks money"
In response to Reply # 41

but this Spotify announcement seems like a fake ass PR move.

This is some ole “We won’t seat R Kelly by the window” ass move by Spotify.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Rjcc
Charter member
94950 posts
Sat May-19-18 03:39 PM

49. "this is an actual example (not your reply, but the whole controversy)"
In response to Reply # 43

of "fake outrage"

they ALREADY didn't have Kelly on their playlists...and no one noticed.

they just publicly announced the policy.

I've seen people say "well what about jesse lacy" and so I looked on their punk playlists and...there's no Brand New songs there either.

it's the least they can do. their playlists are put together by people who are in the industry who know what is going on and they make choices.

the actual kerfluffle is over nothing much at all

Rjcc
Charter member
94950 posts
Mon May-14-18 08:56 PM

38. "it's so obvious that they don't care what happens"
In response to Reply # 34

they want to make sure *nothing* is done that negatively affects R Kelly, and they don't even need to know what it is.

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22255 posts
Tue May-15-18 05:21 AM

40. "Can you link me that content on Spotify.com I can't seem to find it. "
In response to Reply # 28

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

bentagain
16595 posts
Fri Jun-01-18 01:10 PM

76. "RE: Can you link me that content on Spotify.com I can't seem to find it...."
In response to Reply # 40

https://open.spotify.com/artist/0FrpdcVlJQqibaz5HfBUrL

"The start of the 1990s brought with it a string of bizarre and sometimes horrific troubles for James. By this time, his drug use was public knowledge. He was mainly addicted to cocaine and later admitted to spending about $7,000 per week on drugs for five years straight. In 1991, he and future wife Tanya Hijazi were accused of holding 24-year-old Frances Alley hostage for up to six days although accounts vary on how long she was actually held, tying her up, forcing her to perform sexual acts, and burning her legs and abdomen with the hot end of a crack cocaine pipe, during a week-long cocaine binge. In 1993, while out on bail for that incident, James, under the influence of cocaine, assaulted music executive Mary Sauger at the St. James Club and Hotel in West Hollywood. Sauger claims she met James and Hijazi for a business meeting, but said the two then kidnapped and beat her over a 20-hour period.

James was found guilty of both offenses but was cleared of a torture charge in the crack pipe incident that could have put him in prison for the rest of his life. He served two years in Folsom Prison and lost a civil suit to Sauger, who was awarded $2 million. He was released from prison in 1996. In 1998, James was accused of sexually assaulting a 26-year-old woman, though charges were later dropped"

https://open.spotify.com/artist/36QJpDe2go2KgaRleHCDTp

Jimmy Page kidnapped and assaulted 14 year old Lori Maddox, who ended up staying with him for three years due to what I assume can be equated to a kind of trauma bonding or Stockholm Syndrome. (Maddox, in fact, had been groomed for this abuse already, having lost her virginity to David Bowie at 13.)

https://open.spotify.com/artist/0oSGxfWSnnOXhD2fKuz2Gy

https://open.spotify.com/artist/0FAxkBiT0g3jKF2AaKEipb

...and the list goes on...

https://www.feministcurrent.com/2016/01/13/here-is-a-list-of-men-who-made-great-but-music-were-not-always-great-people/

To be clear, this was not about R. Kelly for me

it was the precident that it sets

By all accounts, R is allegedly a terrible human being in real life...

...although he has not been convicted of anything to my knowledge...

Given the list of names in the last link, doesn't it beg the question why?

Why now, and why start with him?

The obvious answer is, because of a social media campaign, #muterkelly

So while appearing to take some type of moral stance and plant their flag in the ground for all that is right and just in the world...this was a bullshit PR move by spotify that doesn't hold water when the standard is applied to the music business.

But yes, pedophilia is wrong and should be punished to the full extent of the law.

soulpsychodelicyde
Member since Nov 18th 2003
12147 posts
Mon May-14-18 07:20 PM

35. "Ugh."
In response to Reply # 0

I hate y'all. Like legitimately. This man specifically targeted girls that look like your fucking daughters and nieces and sisters and cousins. Constantly, consistently, and deliberately. For years.

But yet.. .'what about _____?' Really?

As has been said, so so so many times ... no one gives a fuck about black girls. Including black men.

Disgusting.

Shaun Tha Don
Member since Nov 19th 2005
18289 posts
Sat May-19-18 08:51 AM

42. "Some of which was enabled by the parents of the targeted girls"
In response to Reply # 35

and the Black community.

>I hate y'all. Like legitimately. This man specifically
>targeted girls that look like your fucking daughters and
>nieces and sisters and cousins. Constantly, consistently, and
>deliberately. For years.
>
>But yet.. .'what about _____?' Really?
>
>As has been said, so so so many times ... no one gives a fuck
>about black girls. Including black men.
>
>Disgusting.

And apparently, not even other Black women.

Rest In Peace, Bad News Brown

atruhead
Charter member
85230 posts
Sat May-19-18 11:44 AM

45. "so your argument is "if a girl's parents dont care, why should we?""
In response to Reply # 42

>>As has been said, so so so many times ... no one gives a
>fuck
>>about black girls. Including black men.
>>
>>Disgusting.
>
>And apparently, not even other Black women.

I have yet to see a black woman posting here defending R Kelly, soulpsychodelicyde specifically spoke about who's in the post and your retort was about R Kelly having fans elsewhere

soulpsychodelicyde
12147 posts
Sat May-19-18 01:16 PM

46. "If I'm being fair... "
In response to Reply # 45

I've seen quite a few (black) women defend or make excuses for R. Kelly and/or vilify those girls.

It's horrific.

That said, his point about 'so did their parents' is equally vile.

So... there's that.

Shaun Tha Don
18289 posts
Sat May-19-18 03:04 PM

47. "How is that comment vile? Some of the targeted's parents were"
In response to Reply # 46

more than happy to do business with him in spite of his questionable rep, pimping out their daughters in the process. They knew what they were doing and who they were dealing with. It's just that they cared more about coming up on some fortune than their daughter's well-being since he was the industry's cash-cow which was why they looked the other way.

Rjcc
Charter member
94950 posts
Sat May-19-18 03:37 PM

48. "my morality standard is not set by random parents"
In response to Reply # 47

maybe yours is

atruhead
Charter member
85230 posts
Sat May-19-18 06:09 PM

51. "you're doing awful, sweetie"

failing to hold R Kelly most accountable (there are also plenty parents who didnt overlook anything), your next argument may as well be "If it wasnt R Kelly, another sexual predator would have found them"

Shaun Tha Don
18289 posts
Sun May-20-18 02:32 PM

54. "And where were those parents again in 1994 and 2003? "
In response to Reply # 51

(there are also
>plenty parents who didnt overlook anything),

atruhead
Charter member
85230 posts
Sun May-20-18 02:38 PM

55. "I have no clue what you're asking"
In response to Reply # 54
Sun May-20-18 02:41 PM by atruhead

Im just saying lots of people were unaware, take one of the more infamous instances with Aaliyah for example. they got married behind her family's back

soulpsychodelicyde
12147 posts
Sat May-19-18 06:27 PM

52. "It's vile because ...."

... you are not holding the predator accountable. Yanno... the one who is actually responsible for the abuse?

I don't know how to say it any clearer: there is no 'but' clause when it comes to predators like R. Kelly. Pointing fingers at the parents and Harvey Weinstein and whoever else UNDERMINES AND DILUTES THE VERY REAL AND DISGUSTING BEHAVIOR OF THE ACTUAL PREDATOR WE'RE DISCUSSING.

He is a predator that has gotten away with it for far too long. Any move towards punishing him and holding him accountable should be celebrated.

That's it. There's nothing else.

Shaun Tha Don
18289 posts
Sun May-20-18 02:28 PM

53. "He got away with it for far too long thanks to the people that allowed"
In response to Reply # 52

him to. He was a predator indeed, but barely anyone minded it as the money kept rolling in and his name held prestige.

>He is a predator that has gotten away with it for far too
>long. Any move towards punishing him and holding him
>accountable should be celebrated.
>
>That's it. There's nothing else.
>
>

Rjcc
Charter member
94950 posts
Wed May-23-18 12:49 AM

58. "if you want to be a lying shit, just say "I'm a lying shit""
In response to Reply # 53

don't make up a story that makes you feel better and ignores any number of facts you could easily find out because you prefer being a lying piece of shit.

atruhead
Charter member
85230 posts
Tue May-22-18 11:05 PM

56. ""it's too late, they should have did this shit 30 years ago""
In response to Reply # 0

Granted his math is bad unless he was up to the bullshit in 1988, but Aaliyah's album dropped in 1994 so same difference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uHzAUIorhU

legsdiamond
79495 posts
Wed May-23-18 06:47 AM

59. "his streams increased?"
In response to Reply # 56
Wed May-23-18 06:48 AM by legsdiamond

that nigga really is the pied piper

Innocent Criminal
14585 posts
Wed May-23-18 09:30 AM

60. "Maxxx wrote a script in Python to spin R.Kelly non stop"
In response to Reply # 59

on multiple devices.

legsdiamond
79495 posts
Wed May-23-18 09:32 AM

61. "LMAO"
In response to Reply # 60

Rjcc
Charter member
94950 posts
Wed May-23-18 04:20 PM

62. "of course they did."
In response to Reply # 59

y'all always act like you don't know how streaming works.

the only stuff getting plays is new stuff.

when old artists are in the news, their plays go up.

kwez
Member since Aug 10th 2003
11776 posts
Thu May-24-18 07:21 AM

63. "He's emboldened by the support he still gets from his black fanbase"

I mean why would he give a fuck when by and large we ourselves don't?

I'm continuously shocked by how much support this man still has.

soulpsychodelicyde
12147 posts
Thu May-24-18 08:28 AM

64. "This part."
In response to Reply # 63

tariqhu
Charter member
17878 posts
Thu May-24-18 09:03 AM

66. "shocked, amazed, appalled."
In response to Reply # 64

its crazy.

not long after all this news came out, my cousin said that he'd allow his young daughter to make music with kellz if the opportunity came about. and he mentioned the money. I told him he was stupid.

I really don't understand why he's so revered.

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Thu May-24-18 08:53 AM

65. "The Pee Hive is dumb strong"
In response to Reply # 63

tully_blanchard
Charter member
6902 posts
Fri Jun-01-18 12:55 PM

73. "RE: The Pee Hive is dumb strong-HOLY CRAP DOC!!!LMAO!!!!"
In response to Reply # 65

So mad at myself for not thinking of "Pee Hive"

..you don't mind if I use that, do ya?

That's genuis

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

http://soundcloud.com/rayandersonjr

kayru99
Member since Jan 26th 2004
16105 posts
Thu May-24-18 09:23 AM

67. "he's right. On a couple of fronts"

the industry knew of his shit since like 94/95, had a chance to censure him long time ago, and if they were really about the victims they'd pull his (and tons of other rock artists) shit off the services long ago.

And yup, his entire career has pretty much come and gone. And destroyed songwriting in the process
It's way too late for lil symbolic shit like this

soulpsychodelicyde
12147 posts
Thu May-24-18 09:56 AM

68. "Oh for sure."
In response to Reply # 67

>the industry knew of his shit since like 94/95, had a chance
>to censure him long time ago, and if they were really about
>the victims they'd pull his (and tons of other rock artists)
>shit off the services long ago.

This was *never* about the victims and isn't now. THAT SAID, I continue to see value in even the symbolism of every small move that is made to get him out the paint.

BrooklynWHAT
85051 posts
Fri May-25-18 12:19 AM

69. "Spotify plans to adjust policy due to artist & employee backlash (swipe)"
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-24/spotify-said-to-plan-to-restore-xxxtentacion-music-after-outcry

Facing a rebellion among artists and even some of its own employees, Spotify Technology SA will partially walk back a move to punish musicians for their personal misconduct.

The music-streaming giant has told artists, managers and record-label executives that it will eventually restore songs by XXXTentacion to playlists, according to people with knowledge of the matter. The company’s top executives are talking to the music industry and civil-rights activists about how and when to adjust its rules in a manner suitable to both sides.

XXXTentacion
Photographer: Bennett Raglin/Getty Images for BET

The uproar followed Spotify’s May 10 announcement that it would root out hate speech and punish artists for misconduct. The company singled out R. Kelly, the R&B singer who has been dogged by accusations of statutory rape, as well as XXXTentacion, a rapper charged with battering a pregnant woman.

The policy changes are still being hammered out and no final decisions have been made, according to the people. There also are no plans to begin promoting R. Kelly again.

Spotify stopped including the artists in its playlists, though customers can still find the music on their own.

Though the move drew praise, it also infuriated the music industry, forcing Spotify -- just two months out from its initial public offering -- to repair a fissure with artists. Representatives for several acts, including rapper Kendrick Lamar, called Spotify Chief Executive Officer Daniel Ek and head of artist relations Troy Carter to express their frustration. They also threatened to pull their music if the company maintained its current policy.
Internal Rift

There’s also been internal dissent. Carter, the former artist manager hired two years ago as Spotify’s liaison to the music industry, told several associates that he planned to leave Spotify following the incident, three of the people said. He has since said he plans to stay, thanks to assurances from Ek that the policy will be changed.

Spotify needs the music industry’s support now more than ever, as it contends with a growing threat from rivals Apple, Amazon and Alphabet. The company, Carter, Lamar and the three major record labels all declined to comment on the ongoing negotiations.

“It is virtually impossible to police millions of songs, lyrics, contributors and artists,” said Vickie Nauman, a media consultant who has worked with Spotify and all three major record labels.
#MeToo Reaction

Jonathan Prince, who joined Spotify in 2014 as its head of communications, began devising the policy for hate speech and hateful conduct months ago -- just as fresh allegations of sexual harassment by powerful men were surfacing every day. The idea was to adapt to the new realities of the #MeToo era.

Though Spotify’s intentions were lauded, many have questioned its moral authority to punish acts for conduct in their privates lives. A spokeswoman for XXXTentacion declined to comment, but she previously responded to a query from the New York Times with a list of more than a dozen other musicians who have been accused of misconduct and haven’t been punished.

Prince was the company’s chief spokesman during its feud with Taylor Swift in 2014, the last time Spotify openly antagonized a major artist. The streaming service already had a rocky relationship with musicians, many of whom believed Spotify wasn’t paying them enough. They viewed the Swedish startup as just the latest rapacious technology company looking to get rich of their work.
Censorship Complaints

The conduct policy has been especially unpopular among artists and executives who work in hip-hop, the best-selling genre in the U.S. music industry. Executives have privately wondered why the two acts singled out are black, while plenty of white men with histories of violence were unscathed.

The abrupt way Spotify instituted the policy also sparked complaints. Record labels, music publishers, artists and managers were blindsided, and left to respond in public. “Whoa. Are they censoring the music? That’s dangerous,” Punch, the president of Top Dawg Entertainment, posted on Twitter. Top Dawg releases the music of rappers Lamar and Schoolboy Q.

The approach also opened the door to misinterpretation. Some in the music industry first believed Spotify removed the work of R. Kelly and XXXTentacion altogether. But Spotify had just scrubbed their work from playlists, a popular tool for music discovery akin to Top 40 radio.

There appears to be no easy solution for Spotify. One one hand, it wants to firm up its support among artists. But it doesn’t want to give the appearance of supporting alleged criminals -- and alienate the activists who have rushed to the company’s defense.

“Where and how do you draw the line?” said Nauman, the media consultant. “I support taking a stand and not willingly sponsoring a known violent artist, but it’s quite unclear to me how you can consistently monitor and apply any sort of similar editorial/social/cultural standards across art on any scale.”

Innocent Criminal
14585 posts
Fri Jun-01-18 12:38 PM

72. "You pedophile fans can rejoice. Spotify drops policy."
In response to Reply # 0

Now you don't have to keep bringing up Jerry Lee Lewis when ignoring the horrors of R. Kelly.
https://www.engadget.com/2018/06/01/spotify-cancels-artist-behavior-policy/

PimpTrickGangstaClik
15894 posts
Fri Jun-01-18 12:59 PM

74. "Lol. You mad"
In response to Reply # 72
Fri Jun-01-18 01:02 PM by PimpTrickGangstaClik

This isn't about R. Kelly. It was a bad, poorly thought out policy. Anyone who isn't short sighted can clearly see that.

You can not arbitrarily punish people and think people are going to be okay with it.

Unless you clearly define the criteria.
that gets you on the "bad list", people are going to take issue with it. Especially artists and the music industry since it messes with their money.

legsdiamond
79495 posts
Fri Jun-01-18 01:07 PM

75. "it was a slippery slope"
In response to Reply # 74

and I don't think they were prepared to follow through on their promise...

I'm sure the list of shitty singers got so long they were like nah.. lets chill on this one.

The Wordsmith
Member since Aug 13th 2002
17070 posts
Fri Jun-01-18 10:50 PM

77. "They would have had to damn near wipe out a huge chunk....."
In response to Reply # 75

....of artists from any of the popular genres like rock, hip hop, soul, etc. had they stuck with their moral stance. If they only stuck with just condemning a few artists while overlooking plenty of others, they'd look like hypocrites. If the few they focused on were mainly hip hop and soul, folks would've looked at them suspiciously on the racial tip since rock has more than its fair share of dirtbags. I knew that whole moral approach was gonna be a slippery slope that they should've stayed neutral on from the jump.

Since 1976

Boogie Stimuli
Member since Sep 24th 2010
14012 posts
Sat Jun-02-18 06:06 AM

78. "Right. This cld never work as long as Last Caress by Misfits is on there"
In response to Reply # 77
Sat Jun-02-18 06:17 AM by Boogie Stimuli

You can't tell me you care about "hate content" when this is on your platform:

"I got something to say
I killed your baby today
And it doesn't matter much to me
As long as it's dead
Well I got something to say
I raped your mother today
As long as she spread
Sweet lovely death
I am waiting for your breath
Come sweet death, one last caress
Go, sweet lovely death
Come sweet death, one last caress
Well, I got something to say
I killed your baby today
As long as it's dead
Sweet lovely death
Come sweet death
One last caress
One last caress, sweet death
One last caress, sweet death"

~
~
~
~
~
Days like this I miss Sha Mecca

Rjcc
Charter member
94950 posts
Sat Jun-02-18 06:50 AM

81. "which spotify playlist is that on? sorry I don't browse em like that."
In response to Reply # 78

Boogie Stimuli
14012 posts
Sat Jun-02-18 06:53 AM

82. "So you only read the part about playlists. There's more to the article."
In response to Reply # 81

~
~
~
~
~

Rjcc
Charter member
94950 posts
Sat Jun-02-18 07:40 AM

85. "I know, you don't actually know what the policy was."
In response to Reply # 82

Boogie Stimuli
14012 posts
Sat Jun-02-18 07:55 AM

87. "So you didn't read the article. Not surprising."
In response to Reply # 85

~
~
~
~
~

Rjcc
Charter member
94950 posts
Sat Jun-02-18 08:00 AM

89. "this is funny because"
In response to Reply # 87

Innocent Criminal
14585 posts
Sat Jun-02-18 07:17 AM

83. "Misfits are not to be taken seriously"
In response to Reply # 78

Like Cannibal Corpse and other such bands they make obviously over the top "horror" music. Way different than pedophiles and nazis.

Boogie Stimuli
14012 posts
Sat Jun-02-18 07:28 AM

84. "So people can just say they aren't serious, and it's not "hate content"?"
In response to Reply # 83
Sat Jun-02-18 07:34 AM by Boogie Stimuli

Surely you can see how that loophole would be exploited.

>Way different than pedophiles and nazis.

Well that's because Last Caress offends the "hate content" part while pedophiles and nazis fall under "hate conduct" unless their lyrics are about their conduct.

Where Misfits are the same as pedophiles and nazis is that they all violate the rules Spotify was claiming to establish.

Trying to get into who's serious and who's not to be taken serious just adds another reason why something like this is very difficult to enforce and will easily appear unjustly discriminatory.

~
~
~
~
~

atruhead
Charter member
85230 posts
Sat Jun-02-18 07:45 AM

86. "imagine if you can hypothetically, no dirt came out on Quentin Tarantino"
In response to Reply # 84

getting him out of here because his movies are violent with evil characters is different from getting actual rapists out of here

Boogie Stimuli
14012 posts
Sat Jun-02-18 07:58 AM

88. "Imagine if you can hypothetically, this was about Spotify proclaiming a"
In response to Reply # 86

specific set of rules. Imagine they didn't just announce hate conduct but also hate content. Nevermind, don't imagine... just look at the situation instead of talking about movie directors.

~
~
~
~
~

Rjcc
Charter member
94950 posts
Sat Jun-02-18 08:02 AM

90. "um"
In response to Reply # 88

Spotify is *still* saying it bans "hate content."

they didn't roll that part back.

just the other part.

Boogie Stimuli
14012 posts
Sat Jun-02-18 08:16 AM

92. "Where did I say they rolled it back?"
In response to Reply # 90

~
~
~
~
~

Rjcc
Charter member
94950 posts
Sat Jun-02-18 08:43 AM

94. "you claimed it was about more than playlists."
In response to Reply # 92

the only thing that has changed is playlists.

you said they *can't* implement it if a particular song is "on there" and when I asked if you meant playlists, you said you didn't.

now you're trying to backtrack because you realize you misread.

it's cool -- just admit you misunderstood.

it happens.

Boogie Stimuli
14012 posts
Sat Jun-02-18 08:51 AM

96. "They've removed certain content from their catalog for violating this"
In response to Reply # 94

policy. Not removed simply from playlists, but from their catalog.
The article in the OP states this.

In your own words...
it's cool tho. Just admit you didn't read it.

It happens.

~
~
~
~
~

Rjcc
Charter member
94950 posts
Sat Jun-02-18 09:13 AM

99. "you have no idea what you're talking about, LOL"
In response to Reply # 96

now you want to mix it up to escape

Boogie Stimuli
14012 posts
Sat Jun-02-18 09:22 AM

102. "Or you could just admit you didn't read the article thoroughly"
In response to Reply # 99

~
~
~
~
~

Rjcc
Charter member
94950 posts
Sat Jun-02-18 09:54 AM

104. "It's funny every time you say that."
In response to Reply # 102

Rjcc
Charter member
94950 posts
Sat Jun-02-18 08:03 AM

91. "..."
In response to Reply # 88

"The second part of our policy addressed hate content. Spotify does not permit content whose principal purpose is to incite hatred or violence against people because of their race, religion, disability, gender identity, or sexual orientation. As we’ve done before, we will remove content that violates that standard. We’re not talking about offensive, explicit, or vulgar content – we’re talking about hate speech."

https://newsroom.spotify.com/2018-06-01/spotify-policy-update/

Boogie Stimuli
14012 posts
Sat Jun-02-18 08:19 AM

93. "Your point?"
In response to Reply # 91

~
~
~
~
~

Rjcc
Charter member
94950 posts
Sat Jun-02-18 08:43 AM

95. "that you don't want to admit you misread it."
In response to Reply # 93

Boogie Stimuli
14012 posts
Sat Jun-02-18 08:52 AM

97. "Ah ok, then you're just wrong."
In response to Reply # 95

~
~
~
~
~

Rjcc
Charter member
94950 posts
Sat Jun-02-18 09:13 AM

100. "fortunately all the evidence is there to show I'm right."
In response to Reply # 97

Boogie Stimuli
14012 posts
Sat Jun-02-18 09:23 AM

103. "Or you could just admit you didn't read the article thoroughly"
In response to Reply # 100

~
~
~
~
~

Rjcc
Charter member
94950 posts
Sat Jun-02-18 06:49 AM

80. "which isn't true."
In response to Reply # 77

Rjcc
Charter member
94950 posts
Sat Jun-02-18 06:49 AM

79. "dude whines for days about playlists"
In response to Reply # 74

then claims someone else is mad.

PimpTrickGangstaClik
15894 posts
Sat Jun-02-18 09:04 AM

98. "http://i.imgur.com/c7c8aDx.jpg"
In response to Reply # 79

http://i.imgur.com/c7c8aDx.jpg

Rjcc
Charter member
94950 posts
Sat Jun-02-18 09:14 AM

101. "I'm glad you've found a way to admit I'm right."
In response to Reply # 98

it's a good emotional release for you.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13257459 Previous topic | Next topic