Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13250392

Subject: "Comey's book - and the media" Previous topic | Next topic
handle
Charter member
18950 posts
Fri Apr-13-18 12:19 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Comey's book - and the media"

I was listening to NPR's morning edition and they TRIED to talk about Comey's book - but the weak minded assholes instead focused on "Why is Comey being so mean to Trump in his book? Why does Comey talk about Trump's small hands, or his relationship with his wife?"

One of the assholes said "I'm an English teacher and I'd have marked some of these passages as having 'extraneous detail' and Comey's editor should have done a better job.

Then the would not talk about the "PEE-TAPE" because it's "distasteful." --Then shut the fuck up about it - don't allude to it.

This is why Trump is king - weak reporter fools.

------------

Gone: My Discogs collection for The Roots:
http://www.discogs.com/user/tomhayes-roots/collection

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
the failure of our media is part of the reason we are in this mess
Apr 13th 2018
the Trump era has not been kind to NPR
Apr 13th 2018
Weren't PBS and NPR the target
Apr 13th 2018
      Yeah, I think it was discussed but don't know the outcome...
Apr 13th 2018
           ^^
Apr 18th 2018
Wu-Tang
Apr 18th 2018

makaveli
Charter member
16303 posts
Fri Apr-13-18 12:25 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "the failure of our media is part of the reason we are in this mess"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Apr-13-18 12:26 PM by makaveli

there's information about trump that was out there long before the election, and it just never got talked about.

“So back we go to these questions — friendship, character… ethics.”

benny
Member since Jan 15th 2003
8435 posts
Fri Apr-13-18 12:35 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "the Trump era has not been kind to NPR"
In response to Reply # 0

that feather-light touch on presenting the news in a reasonable way without getting listeners too angry (and avoiding accusations from the right that they are liberal, which will come anyway) means they never look too deep on any of the subjects, and constantly invite guest like Shilly McShillster from the American Heritage Foundation who will claim that the Trump tax cuts are a huge boost to the economy and will receive nary a pushback.
I still have it on for a few mins to catch the headlines in the morning but that's about it, they've become meaningless IMO.

this goes for PBS Newshour as well

------------------------------
For the record, my teams:
MLB: Mets / Soccer: PSG
NCAA BB: Arizona / NCAA FB: Michigan
NBA: Spurs / NFL: Jets

Numba_33
Charter member
19332 posts
Fri Apr-13-18 12:43 PM

3. "Weren't PBS and NPR the target"
In response to Reply # 2

of federal funding cuts by Trump fairly early on? I vaguely remember reading that around the time he won presidency.

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

Marbles
Member since Oct 19th 2004
22289 posts
Fri Apr-13-18 12:47 PM

4. "Yeah, I think it was discussed but don't know the outcome..."
In response to Reply # 3

I get the impression sometimes that they're trying to keep their heads down so they don't make themselves a bigger target.

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Wed Apr-18-18 04:20 PM

6. "^^"
In response to Reply # 4

IG: amadu_me

"...Whateva, man..." (c) Redman

c71
Member since Jan 15th 2008
13962 posts
Wed Apr-18-18 11:50 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "Wu-Tang"
In response to Reply # 0

https://slate.com/culture/2018/04/james-comey-takes-photo-with-method-man-ghostface-killah.html

Lobby General Discussion topic #13250392 Previous topic | Next topic