Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13247972

Subject: "My coworker will. Not. Shut. Thee. Fuck. Up. About her kid and her dogs" Previous topic | Next topic
Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44846 posts
Wed Apr-04-18 09:27 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"My coworker will. Not. Shut. Thee. Fuck. Up. About her kid and her dogs"
Wed Apr-04-18 09:35 PM by Cold Truth

She talks about them all day, every day, or at least as often as she is free to talk at a call center.

She shows me videos of her dogs doing.... I dunno. Dog stuff, I guess. Just being dogs. Two minute videos of them simply fucking existing. Wagging their tails an shit. I have to be careful saying anything about my kids because she'll spend five minutes babbling about her fucking dogs and the cutest things they did, like it's remotely similar.

But that's not the worst of it. She talks about her kid constantly. For the first few months next to her, she'd talk about how cute it was when he'd cook for her. She'd say spend five minutes talking about him hurting his finger. She ranted and raved about a $300 phone bill because sent a gazillion texts to girls one month, and how, one day, I'll go the same thing. Then she told me how cute it was when she came home and he was cooking for two girls.

So after two months or so she commented on how I dont have pictures of my kids. So I showed her a couple pics from my phone. She's if I want to see "my Devin" (sic).

I say sure. She hands me her phone and I see a fucking 30 year old man staring back at me. I don't mean he's a big kid. I'm not being facetious. He's a Grown. Ass. Man.

I thought he was 15-16, tops. Early on I thought he was about 10, but further context clues lead me to conclude he was a teenager. But no. He's almost as old as me. And she talks about him like he's a goddamn 5th grader. Meanwhile, I'm staring into the eyes of a tall, square-jawed adult while his mommy gushes over the most minute bullshit he did that day.

I swear by all that is good in this world, if she shows up asking me to by almond milk chocolate bars for this motherfucker, I'm going to snap. The dog nonsense is fucking annoying, but talking about your grown, failure to launch ass son in terms that consistently indicate that he's an actual child is maddening.

For a minute I wondered if he had a mental disability or something, because a friend called me a judgmental dick for being irritated by the revelation he was an adult, so I started asking some questions to get me clues and by all accounts, he's just a regular adult living with mom. She started calling him her man child after i asked a few too many questions, and I get the impression that they're both a bit codependent.

Whew. It felt great to get that off my chest.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I make it known i don't like animals
Apr 04th 2018
I'm *thisclose* to saying "they both look delicious!".
Apr 04th 2018
      I went to my friend's place to watch SummerSlam last year
Apr 05th 2018
           Yeah, the food and hat/jacket cracks are usually unwelcome
Apr 05th 2018
Do you have to talk to her?
Apr 05th 2018
you mean 30 months old right?
Apr 05th 2018
Years. He's either 28 or 29. I don't remember which
Apr 05th 2018
      she needs to realize it's over
Apr 05th 2018
This is an opportunity to understand you don't relate but not be a dick
Apr 05th 2018
I'm not a dick to her, hence the mocking post here
Apr 05th 2018
people who refer to their dogs at their "kids" are even worse.
Apr 05th 2018
LMAO. That's downright awesome.
Apr 05th 2018
      It was SO creepy.
Apr 05th 2018
           bruh I was at a sports bar watching the game
Apr 05th 2018
how do you rack up a $300 bill from texting in 2018
Apr 05th 2018
I actually don't think it was from texting
Apr 05th 2018
Her son and dog might be the two shining stars in her world
Apr 05th 2018
^ ^ ^Dere it is...
Apr 05th 2018
Crack a joke or kindly see your way out
Apr 05th 2018

hardware
Member since May 22nd 2007
42304 posts
Wed Apr-04-18 09:55 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I make it known i don't like animals"
In response to Reply # 0

i don't wish ill on any animal, but i will talk about your hairy black shirt.

Cold Truth
44846 posts
Wed Apr-04-18 10:08 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "I'm *thisclose* to saying "they both look delicious!"."
In response to Reply # 1

>i don't wish ill on any animal, but i will talk about your
>hairy black shirt.

Oak27
Member since Apr 17th 2005
13192 posts
Thu Apr-05-18 08:41 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "I went to my friend's place to watch SummerSlam last year"
In response to Reply # 2

He and his girlfriend had like 3 cats. There was some downtime between matches and silence in the room and I asked "hypothetically, which one do you think would taste the most delicious?"

They did not appreciate the question.

Cold Truth
44846 posts
Thu Apr-05-18 09:11 AM

8. "Yeah, the food and hat/jacket cracks are usually unwelcome"
In response to Reply # 5

Which is sort of the reason to use them imo

BabyYoda
Member since Feb 15th 2012
3176 posts
Thu Apr-05-18 04:39 AM

3. "Do you have to talk to her? "
In response to Reply # 0

Not saying to be rude towards her, but do you have to engage in a convo with her about non-work related topics?

I understand why you feel how you feel. Sometimes, I get annoyed when I talk to some women at work and they will randomly bring up their boyfriend or husband as if to remind me that they are spoken for...seems like some women swear that every man on earth wanna hump them when that certainly isn’t the case...

If I were you, I would cut the convos short or see if you can find another cubicle or desk to do your work. If that isn’t possible, then try to talk about work related stuff or si ply tell her how you really feel, in a respectful manner. Sounds like she is an older non-Black woman, so she probably real sensitive and prone to tell on you st the drop of a hat.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79616 posts
Thu Apr-05-18 08:32 AM

4. "you mean 30 months old right? "
In response to Reply # 0

30 years old?

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Cold Truth
44846 posts
Thu Apr-05-18 08:58 AM

6. "Years. He's either 28 or 29. I don't remember which"
In response to Reply # 4

I'm damn sure not going to clarify which, but he's a fullly grown adult man.

Which is fine. I'm not judging anything about him living at home or anything.

That said, his mommy trying to engage people with toddlers and 1st graders with talk about her grown ass son and two dogs in the same terms myself and others discuss our young children is baffling.

legsdiamond
79616 posts
Thu Apr-05-18 09:01 AM

7. "she needs to realize it's over"
In response to Reply # 6

I had a coworker like that.. dude had kids but anytime we talked about toddlers in the office he would talk about his "kid" who was named dog.. but it was a cat.

he got fired.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Thu Apr-05-18 09:56 AM

9. "This is an opportunity to understand you don't relate but not be a dick"
In response to Reply # 0

Work dynamics are tough
You spend so much time with people you otherwise wouldn't and those personality quirks can become draining.
But a large part of adulthood is about tolerating shit that you find goofy without being a dick about it. It's tough. But good luck.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

Cold Truth
44846 posts
Thu Apr-05-18 10:15 AM

10. "I'm not a dick to her, hence the mocking post here"
In response to Reply # 9
Thu Apr-05-18 10:22 AM by Cold Truth

Do you think I don't know how these things work? Do you not see the humorous slant to my post on the subject, and do you *really* think it needed a lecture?

I'm up here saying her german shepards look delicious.

>But a large part of adulthood is about tolerating shit that
>you find goofy without being a dick about it.

Honestly that's kind if a dickish thing to say, because it's being said as though that's not the standard, baseline understanding the vast majority of us grasp. You don't hold a job for 8 years in the same place without learning how to deal with these things in constructive ways.

The dog thing is annoying.
The son thing is weird and annoying.

So I vent about this absurdity here, not at work, and not toward her. I mean...I made a joke about snapping if she asks me to buy chocolate almond bars for him.

That's a crystaline-clear, cartoonish take on it. Like, who doesn't have a petty workplace gripe? Do you think

I'm poking fun at the situation on a message board, so telling me no to be a dick to her really doesn't follow.

Shogun
Member since Jun 25th 2003
3042 posts
Thu Apr-05-18 10:20 AM

11. "people who refer to their dogs at their "kids" are even worse."
In response to Reply # 0

When I was a new guy at my last job, the lady that was training me kept referring to her "little boy", and her "oldest". So one day, she brought in an album (no lie. an actual photo album., and there were pictures of her dogs, wearing halloween costumes, santa hats, and all that kinda weirdo dog lover shit.

Back again for the first time.

Cold Truth
44846 posts
Thu Apr-05-18 10:38 AM

12. "LMAO. That's downright awesome. "
In response to Reply # 11

Shogun
3042 posts
Thu Apr-05-18 10:41 AM

13. "It was SO creepy."
In response to Reply # 12

'my little one did blah blah blah' FOH.

Back again for the first time.

legsdiamond
79616 posts
Thu Apr-05-18 12:28 PM

16. "bruh I was at a sports bar watching the game"
In response to Reply # 13

and there was this lady outside with a Cowboy jersey on and a stroller and she kept giving her babies water. I'm thinking WTF, that's prolly a bad idea at that age.

So I chat her up cause she's black and talking mad shit about the game and realize her baby was a little toy dog in a cowboy jersey.

I fell the fuck out.

anytime I see a baby stroller with a dog in it I immediately think CRAZY AS FUCK

Dr Claw
132214 posts
Thu Apr-05-18 11:37 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
14. "how do you rack up a $300 bill from texting in 2018"
In response to Reply # 0

or are you dinged for overages on pre-paid plans or something

Cold Truth
44846 posts
Thu Apr-05-18 12:13 PM

15. "I actually don't think it was from texting"
In response to Reply # 14

Apparently dude is Mt Dew Code Red drinker and a gamer. My guess is those overages are from games with microtransactions or some shit.

But she said to was texts to girls so who knows. I try not ask questions.

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13575 posts
Thu Apr-05-18 04:17 PM

17. "Her son and dog might be the two shining stars in her world"
In response to Reply # 0

No mention of a husband or boyfriend. Maybe she's lonely?

NoDrawls McGraw
Member since Jun 24th 2007
12122 posts
Thu Apr-05-18 04:34 PM

18. "^ ^ ^Dere it is..."
In response to Reply # 17

Translation: Her gushy.....DRYYY den a muhfukka right now!

https://chriswind.bandcamp.com/track/massage

"You can take an African out of Africa, but you can't take Africa out of the African"
Afro-Americana/Afro-Caribbana/Afro-Latino unite. We are ALL Black!

Cold Truth
44846 posts
Thu Apr-05-18 04:48 PM

19. "Crack a joke or kindly see your way out"
In response to Reply # 17

It's White Thursday for crying out loud

Oak, legs and NDM were able to get into the spirit if this thing, what's with all the humanitarian/serious face replies

Lobby General Discussion topic #13247972 Previous topic | Next topic