Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13244329

Subject: "** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **" Previous topic | Next topic
Geah
Member since Feb 16th 2007
48407 posts
Wed Mar-21-18 09:59 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"

nada

@geahuwine

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Nothing gets me sounding like a republican conservative than...
Mar 21st 2018
you and all the other people the Truth campaign is geared towards
Mar 21st 2018
i pee sitting down.
Mar 21st 2018
RE: i pee sitting down.
Mar 21st 2018
That's a legit ass confession. Salute.
Mar 21st 2018
true
Mar 21st 2018
Couldn’t funk with the style?
Mar 21st 2018
Prayers going up for this extended warranty coverage
Mar 21st 2018
Lighting a candle for you homie...
Mar 21st 2018
      If they don’t cover these repairs, I’m donating it to maintenance
Mar 21st 2018
           For what it's worth, check out Nicks on Central Ave before you toss it..
Mar 21st 2018
           thanks
Mar 21st 2018
           What was the verdict on the problem???
Mar 22nd 2018
I wonder if you can make an objective news algorithm
Mar 21st 2018
i dunno about objectivity because that is subjective, but
Mar 21st 2018
the lazy white guy at work
Mar 21st 2018
I wish I could work from home one day out of the week
Mar 22nd 2018
I really despise folks who don’t walk in the crosswalk
Mar 21st 2018
Havent been on Facebook in about a month..
Mar 21st 2018
I'm right behind you.
Mar 22nd 2018
yep
Mar 21st 2018
Took a job as a graphic design instructor
Mar 21st 2018
If I had to choose between love and like
Mar 21st 2018
I guess I'm going to see beyonce/jay-z in amsterdam in june
Mar 21st 2018
Cable.. sure, internet tho? Ionno fam. Lol
Mar 21st 2018
      I have no idea how to ethically make money quick online
Mar 21st 2018
           You have data on your phone tho right?
Mar 22nd 2018
At the airport, with the new iPad ordering joints.
Mar 21st 2018
I logged outta my IG last night
Mar 22nd 2018
now, the joy of my world is in my grandchildren...
Mar 22nd 2018

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49429 posts
Wed Mar-21-18 10:30 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Nothing gets me sounding like a republican conservative than..."
In response to Reply # 0

shit like this

http://www.tmz.com/2018/03/19/nba-youngboy-charged-kidnapping-aggravated-assault-girlfriend-beating/

Fuck XXXtencion too.

Also smokers. I hate the idea of having to pay for their healthcare when they older because they choose to smoke shit that they know will kill them. Either make cigarettes illegal or make them pay for their own health care.

Sorry for the vitriol. Today is actually shaping up to be a good day but I feel like mixing it up a bit.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

T Reynolds
Member since Apr 16th 2007
42760 posts
Wed Mar-21-18 10:41 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "you and all the other people the Truth campaign is geared towards"
In response to Reply # 1

>Also smokers. I hate the idea of having to pay for their
>healthcare when they older because they choose to smoke shit
>that they know will kill them. Either make cigarettes illegal
>or make them pay for their own health care.
>

Reeq
Member since Mar 11th 2013
16347 posts
Wed Mar-21-18 11:00 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "i pee sitting down."
In response to Reply # 0

just so i can chill a few more minutes and scroll through my social media feeds on my phone.

addiction is real.

isaaaa
Member since May 10th 2007
30565 posts
Wed Mar-21-18 11:06 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "RE: i pee sitting down."
In response to Reply # 3

http://www.suhaibwebb.com/ummah/men/standing-and-urinating-in-islam/

Anti-gentrification, cheap alcohol & trying to look pretty in our twilight posting years (c) Big Reg
http://Tupreme.com

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49429 posts
Wed Mar-21-18 11:12 AM

5. "That's a legit ass confession. Salute. "
In response to Reply # 3

Confessions has turned into random thoughts but you brought it back to the roots.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16415 posts
Wed Mar-21-18 11:19 AM

8. "true"
In response to Reply # 5

i was gonna judge but props to dude for the confession

squeeg
Charter member
34484 posts
Wed Mar-21-18 08:51 PM

24. "Couldn’t funk with the style?"
In response to Reply # 3

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79626 posts
Wed Mar-21-18 11:12 AM

6. "Prayers going up for this extended warranty coverage"
In response to Reply # 0

Lawd pleeeaze

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

tully_blanchard
Charter member
6902 posts
Wed Mar-21-18 11:54 AM

11. "Lighting a candle for you homie..."
In response to Reply # 6

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

http://soundcloud.com/rayandersonjr

legsdiamond
79626 posts
Wed Mar-21-18 12:56 PM

13. "If they don’t cover these repairs, I’m donating it to maintenance "
In response to Reply # 11

I aint got it.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

tully_blanchard
Charter member
6902 posts
Wed Mar-21-18 01:15 PM

17. "For what it's worth, check out Nicks on Central Ave before you toss it.."
In response to Reply # 13

Prices have always been fair and super reasonable

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

legsdiamond
79626 posts
Wed Mar-21-18 01:17 PM

18. "thanks"
In response to Reply # 17

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44616 posts
Thu Mar-22-18 10:40 AM

29. "What was the verdict on the problem???"
In response to Reply # 13

"Get ready....for your blessing....."

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49429 posts
Wed Mar-21-18 11:15 AM

7. "I wonder if you can make an objective news algorithm "
In response to Reply # 0

I have this great news app (smartnews) except for I can't turn off certain news sources, like fox news. So having it for some time now I can easily tell the news source based on the headline.

If it's a headline about a black person or immigrant killing a white person, it's almost certainly to be fox news.

Alternatively (and not saying it's the same as fox news), I can tell the Root is the source based on the headline of cop killing someone or white people doing some F'd up shit.

It's also pretty easily to guess more "objective news sources" based on headlines. All news sources have certain topics they like to cover more than others.

It makes you wonder what exactly objective news would look like. Like if it's a well written story trying to humanize a trump voter, it's a good chance it's the NYT. If its a well written story about Political correctness running amok, good chance it's the atlantic.

Would a more objective news source be just news that could affect you?

That is, if immigrant kills someone in CA but I live in VA, an objective news source wouldn't tell me that story.

But if a murder happened in my neighborhood or town, that would make my headlines?

I mean I guess that sounds like local news is the most objective but there are certainly national stories that affect our interest.

And of course this doesn't solve the problem of HOW you tell a story.

I don't know. It just seems its real easy to believe that we have a rampant immigrant murder spree going on in this country, for example, if you read certain news sources even if statistically we know that's not the case.

Selah
Member since Jun 05th 2002
16484 posts
Wed Mar-21-18 01:23 PM

19. "i dunno about objectivity because that is subjective, but"
In response to Reply # 7

you could easily aggregate the words in headlines (or articles) and show the frequency of words or terms

that would tell you what way reporting swings either from a particular source, or from whatever collected sources

you *COULD* give some definition (quantifiable) of objectivity based on appearance of keywords or phrases - perhaps even adding in the "reputation" of the source based on the collation of the previous data.

then you could give an "objectivity" score for the host of for a particular piece

hrm......

tariqhu
Charter member
17895 posts
Wed Mar-21-18 11:47 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
9. "the lazy white guy at work"
In response to Reply # 0

gets on my nerves.

he takes advantage of situations to the detriment of the team. always complains about stuff. comes in late EVERYDAY. gets on reddit for the ENTIRE day. never volunteers to take on additional work.

the kicker was last week tho. our job is letting people go and he's complaining about a rule change that requires us to be in the office 4 days, with 1 day working from home. this has always been the rule for my team, but it hasn't been enforced. now they're looking for people to jump ship because it'll be looked at more closely.

anywayz, since the enforcement is now in effect, this dude complained last week about how its inconvenient for him to come into the office. talking he could sue if his back starts hurting because its not an 'office' chair. he's gotta drive and pay for parking and come into this old building.

nigga, shut up!

we make good money at this place. the work is easy af. best, smartest team I've ever worked on. really, you're essentially complaining about having a job? and this job afforded you a trips to Australia and Bucharest when there are people that have been let go from the company that were actually valuable.

privilege.

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13575 posts
Thu Mar-22-18 07:04 AM

25. "I wish I could work from home one day out of the week"
In response to Reply # 9

It's on the table, but probably at least a year or two out, if it ever happens.

That guy doesn't realize how fortunate he is. Doesn't he recall 2008?

legsdiamond
79626 posts
Wed Mar-21-18 11:49 AM

10. "I really despise folks who don’t walk in the crosswalk"
In response to Reply # 0

unfortunately it’s mostly US

I see far too many people right next to the crosswalk but they prefer to walk between cars and I’m not sure why. I guess it makes the day more interesting.

I also despise folks who try to direct traffic when crossing the street.

tully_blanchard
Charter member
6902 posts
Wed Mar-21-18 11:57 AM

12. "Havent been on Facebook in about a month.."
In response to Reply # 0

And I actually feel like a happier person.

It's weird how I became addicted to other peoples misery and aggravation. There's a couple of folk I would check for, just to get mad at what they had to say.

Now Instagram.....that's different, lol.

Fuck aliens

-Warriorpoet415

Shogun
Member since Jun 25th 2003
3042 posts
Thu Mar-22-18 09:34 AM

28. "I'm right behind you."
In response to Reply # 12

it's a horrible place. Most of the people one there make my day worse just by posting. All the humblebragging, fingerpointing, judgements and just dumb shit are starting to get on my nerves.

IG is cool, but I'm getting sick of all the sponsored posts.

Back again for the first time.

wluv
Member since Jan 27th 2003
4362 posts
Wed Mar-21-18 12:57 PM

14. "yep"
In response to Reply # 0

-i haven't watched any daily tv news shows since 45 was elected. Cant bring myself to do it.

-i want to fk one of my friends daughter so bad but dont want to mess up the good friendship i have. Her daughter is grown(34) and coming out of a divorce. She still appears to be bitter and plus she lives in another state and thats why i dont want to date her forreal. But ever time she comes to visit her mom and Im over the house, i want to fk her fine asz in a multitude of ways.

-My daughter woke up crying 2 days ago because she had a bad dream something had happened to me. She wont tell me what it was but she was really shaken up by it. Her being shaken up shook me up for a minute. Gave her a hug and told her im fine. It has made me more conscience of how i care for myself though.

-Watching celebrities in my age bracket like Craig Mack die has made me feel more mortal than ive ever felt in my life. Sht is really real.

Heinz
Member since Dec 26th 2003
20759 posts
Wed Mar-21-18 01:01 PM

15. "Took a job as a graphic design instructor"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Mar-21-18 01:02 PM by Heinz

This first semester I have 4 students to start out with so I'm not as nervous. Should be a cool experience hopefully for both sides.

Was also offered another opportunity with some of the team that works out of this place to do some creative shit on a bigger platform. Ive consciously been surrounding myself with people again who inspire me. Last 3 years I secluded myself to focus on them but their bad work ethic was draining and rubbing off on me. Sucks cause they are talented as fuck but bands break up or change all the time, biggest lesson is you can't want IT for them and everyone's work philosophies are different.

----------

IG @h_n_z

napturalmystic
Member since Feb 15th 2006
6542 posts
Wed Mar-21-18 01:15 PM

16. "If I had to choose between love and like"
In response to Reply # 0

I'd go with like every rip

I can love you and not like your ass at all.

At least if I like you I will want to be around you and look forward to the time we have.

--------------------------

shygurl
Member since Oct 08th 2002
13361 posts
Wed Mar-21-18 01:45 PM

20. "I guess I'm going to see beyonce/jay-z in amsterdam in june"
In response to Reply # 0

And seeing as though this will be a huge unexpected cost, and I live a pretty austere life, I looked at my expenses and the only places I could see to cut costs are my cable/internet and my cleaning service.

The cable/internet is set to be suspended tomorrow, and I know I am going to die but whatever. It will be suspended for 90 days, and I know for a fact I can live without either of them for 90 days, though this shit is about to suck ass.

Additionally, and maybe just as importantly, the pressure of sitting for a 10 hour flight travel time is fucking with me, and these 90 days would be perfect to continue with this *waves hand indecisively* whatever health/diet thing I got going on. The eating, besides a few cheat meals and a couple days when my mother came to visit, has been going relatively well. I'll have a lot more time on my hands, and therefor no reason not to incorporate some sort of regular exercise.

Either way, we'll see. I'm stupid nervous about it, but I feel pretty committed to it, so Imma just try and flow with the wind.

I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.

— F. Scott Fitzgerald

legsdiamond
79626 posts
Wed Mar-21-18 02:07 PM

22. "Cable.. sure, internet tho? Ionno fam. Lol"
In response to Reply # 20

I guess as long as you have phone data you will be good but whew, too many ways to make money using the internet to do without it.

Good luck.

shygurl
Member since Oct 08th 2002
13361 posts
Wed Mar-21-18 06:10 PM

23. "I have no idea how to ethically make money quick online"
In response to Reply # 22

I'mma die w/o internet, and prolly have to go the library to pay a couple of bills, but trust if I could do something online to make money I would and keep the internet.

I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.

— F. Scott Fitzgerald

legsdiamond
79626 posts
Thu Mar-22-18 07:49 AM

26. "You have data on your phone tho right? "
In response to Reply # 23

you Should be good to go.

As far as money is concerned I was thinking mostly job opportunities and selling stuff but with all these apps you can basically use a phone for anything.

Enjoy that trip.

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Wed Mar-21-18 01:46 PM

21. "At the airport, with the new iPad ordering joints. "
In response to Reply # 0

Why do they have front facing cameras open?

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Thu Mar-22-18 09:31 AM

27. "I logged outta my IG last night"
In response to Reply # 0

Word to Reeq, "addiction is real".

A while ago I had pared all the people I follow down to:

music
graffiti
shoes
& fitness, in an effort to at LEAST not waste time looking at shxt that was not benefiting me, inspiring me to chase my own goals harder and alladat.

I have found that I just can't stop scrolling. I set goals for myself, but whenever I hit a wall, or have some down time I'm looking at the gram. I caught myself initiating an argument with a stranger, because I took offense at him calling Juvenile 'one of the original mumble rappers', and saying that his music was 'garbage'.

Anyway, Snapchat is next. I gotta let this shit go and focus.

IG: amadu_me

"...Whateva, man..." (c) Redman

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Thu Mar-22-18 10:50 AM

30. "now, the joy of my world is in my grandchildren..."
In response to Reply # 0

I became a grandmother for the first time when I was 36. I remember the shame I felt until my mother (.whom also experienced the same thing by me) had me realize it was a blessings.

Yesterday, while picking up the children from school, I learned that I'm a role model. My eldest grandson was telling myself and his siblings about some poetry he's working on at school. He's telling us about it, how I'm funny and my love for Run DMC and his brother goes...

"did you write anything about me?"
him: "nope"
little brother: "why not"
him: "because it had to be about people older than you and your role model"

I feel so honored

/

I'm worried about what the future holds for my granddaughter. There were complications during birth that resulted in her left side being damaged. Part of it is her speech...like, she doesn't speak in full sentences that can be understood. She's in a normal classroom tho. She very popular at school but, I'm not sure if it's because she's disabled and folks feel sorry for her. She's bright tho...
While having breakfast in the cafeteria a few of her friends came over to sit with us. When she spoke one of the little girls had trouble understanding her..she said to another girl..."see what I mean". I knew she was talking about her speech. My heart dropped. I started thinking about how kids may start to make fun of her as she gets older. I need to make sure she...her parents and I are ready.

My bookkeeper ran off on me. I'm left to figure out this tax stuff for myself and it's so overwhelming

I sure hope someone is praying for me...

Lobby General Discussion topic #13244329 Previous topic | Next topic