Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13243588

Subject: "How the hell you gon' get fired... (swipe)" Previous topic | Next topic
rzaroch36
Member since Jan 26th 2005
2462 posts
Fri Mar-16-18 09:36 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"How the hell you gon' get fired... (swipe)"

Hope this backfires.

http://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/fbi-deputy-director-fired-days-retirement-kick/story?id=53805919&__twitter_impression=true

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5P6zdlPJ34&feature=related
^^^ever walked the streets of...

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Sessions’ Firing McCabe Violated His Promise to Recuse (swipe)
Mar 17th 2018
It’s how guilty people act.
Mar 17th 2018
Mueller has McCabe memos documenting conversations with Trump
Mar 17th 2018
How long til Mueller is fired?
Mar 17th 2018
RE: How long til Mueller is fired?
Mar 17th 2018
Muller will be fired, make no mistake
Mar 17th 2018
You gonna clap back McCabe. Trump trying to have you cashiering at 65+
Mar 19th 2018

j0510
Member since Feb 02nd 2012
2315 posts
Sat Mar-17-18 11:46 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Sessions’ Firing McCabe Violated His Promise to Recuse (swipe)"
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.justsecurity.org/54037/sessions-firing-mccabe-violated-promise-recuse/

Sessions’ Firing McCabe Violated His Promise to Recuse
by Ryan Goodman
March 17, 2018

Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ decision to fire former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe appears to directly violate the promise he made, under oath, to recuse himself from such matters.

Some might contend that Sessions’ recusal covered only the Clinton and Trump campaigns, and that McCabe’s firing involved the Clinton Foundation investigation as a separate matter. But Sessions unequivocally assured senators of his intentions during his confirmation hearings in response to a clear and specific question from the Chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee, Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-IA). Sen. Grassley asked a follow-up question that went right to the point. In response, Sessions very clearly said his recusal would cover any matters involving the Clinton Foundation.

Here is the full exchange:

GRASSLEY: During the course of the presidential campaign, you made a number of statements about the investigation of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, relating to her handling of sensitive emails and regarding certain actions of the Clinton Foundation. You weren’t alone in that criticism. I was certainly critical in the same way as were millions of Americans on those matters, but now, you’ve been nominated to serve as attorney general. In light of those comments that you made, some have expressed concerns about whether you can approach the Clinton matter impartially in both fact and appearance. How do you plan to address those concerns?

SESSIONS: Mr. Chairman, it was a highly contentious campaign. I, like a lot of people, made comments about the issues in that campaign. With regard to Secretary Clinton and some of the comments I made, I do believe that that could place me objectivity in question. I’ve given that thought.

I believe the proper thing for me to do, would be to recuse myself from any questions involving those kind of investigations that involve Secretary Clinton and that were raised during the campaign or to be otherwise connected to it.

GRASSLEY: OK. I think, that’s — let me emphasize then with a follow up question. To be very clear, you intend to recuse yourself from both the Clinton e-mail investigation and any matters involving the Clinton Foundation, if there are any?

SESSIONS: Yes.

This exchange has two implications for how one understands the scope of Sessions’ recusal. First, it goes to defining the scope of the recusal that Sessions made on March 2, 2017. If it is a close call whether the Clinton Foundation matter is sufficiently connected to the Clinton campaign for purpose of understanding Sessions’ recusal, it should be deemed to be sufficiently connected. After all, that’s essentially what Sessions told Sen. Grassley. Second, if the Clinton Foundation matter is deemed outside the scope of the recusal statement that Sessions made back in March last year, then his decision to fire McCabe shows that he failed to honor the promise for a broader recusal which he clearly made to the Senate in its decision to confirm him as Attorney General. The same goes for Hillary Clinton’s emails. Sen. Grassley’s questions and Sessions’ answers specifically covered any matters involving that investigation as well.

j0510
2315 posts
Sat Mar-17-18 11:54 AM

2. "It’s how guilty people act."
In response to Reply # 0

We have to fight back. This is @realDonaldTrump punishing anyone involved with #TrumpRussiaInvestigation. It’s how guilty people act. And shame on Sessions. In Trump’s presence he cowers like a boy, but to sing for his supper he thinks he’s acting like a man doing this.

https://twitter.com/RepSwalwell/status/974832072945782792

j0510
2315 posts
Sat Mar-17-18 02:36 PM

3. "Mueller has McCabe memos documenting conversations with Trump"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat Mar-17-18 02:38 PM by j0510

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/17/politics/mccabe-memos-trump/index.html

Mueller has McCabe memos documenting conversations with Trump
By Laura Jarrett, Pamela Brown and Veronica Stracqualursi, CNN

Updated 3:21 PM ET, Sat March 17, 2018

Washington (CNN)Special counsel Robert Mueller has memos written by former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe documenting his conversations with President Donald Trump, a source with knowledge of the matter told CNN.

The memos also detail what former FBI Director James Comey told McCabe about his own interactions with Trump while he was FBI director and are seen as a way to corroborate Comey's account in Mueller's probe on Russian interference in the 2016 election.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions fired McCabe on Friday, about a day before his 50th birthday and the date he was set to retire and begin receiving his anticipated pension, over accusations that McCabe directed FBI officials to speak to the media about an investigation tied to the Clinton Foundation and misled investigators about his actions. Following his firing Friday, McCabe told CNN in an interview that he had four interactions with the President last May, while he was acting FBI director.

McCabe revealed that he had three in-person interactions and one phone call with Trump, in which the President berated him each time about his wife's failed Virginia Senate campaign.

It is unclear exactly what is in McCabe's memos and if he memorialized every interaction he had with the President.

"In May, when Director Comey was fired and I had my own interactions with the President, he brought up my wife every time I ever spoke to him," McCabe told CNN. "Of course, I disagreed with him."

McCabe also confirmed that the President asked him who he voted for in the 2016 election, which was reported back in January and which Trump denied.

The former No. 2 official at the FBI told CNN that Trump did not bring up the agency's investigation into Russia meddling in the 2016 election.

Comey's memos

Comey revealed last year that he had kept memos while he was still FBI director about meetings and conversations he had with the President. Comey said his memos detailed conversations in which Trump asked Comey to pledge loyalty to him, state publicly that the FBI was not investigating Trump himself, and urged Comey to "let this go," referring to the then-investigation involving Trump's former national security adviser Michael Flynn.

Trump has denied several of Comey's claims.

During his testimony on Capitol Hill last June, Comey acknowledged orchestrating the leak of his memos to the media a few days after he was fired in hopes that the Justice Department would appoint a special counsel.

The former FBI director's memos have also been handed over to the special counsel.

rzaroch36
Member since Jan 26th 2005
2462 posts
Sat Mar-17-18 07:48 PM

4. "How long til Mueller is fired?"
In response to Reply # 0

Sessions and rosenstein have to go first right?

And what happens after?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5P6zdlPJ34&feature=related
^^^ever walked the streets of...

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Sat Mar-17-18 08:07 PM

5. "RE: How long til Mueller is fired?"
In response to Reply # 4

This Is my plan

https://www.trumpisnotabovethelaw.org/event/mueller-firing-rapid-response/search/

NOBODY IS ABOVE THE LAW—MUELLER FIRING RAPID RESPONSE
Donald Trump is publicly considering firing Special Counsel Robert Mueller, the person leading the Department of Justice investigation of possible criminal actions by Donald Trump and members of his presidential campaign, as well as the efforts to conceal those activities.

It's also possible that, rather than firing Mueller, Trump will obstruct Mueller's investigation by issuing blanket pardons of key figures being investigated, firing Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein (the person overseeing Mueller), or taking other actions to prevent the investigation from being conducted freely.

Any one of these actions would create a constitutional crisis for our country. It would demand an immediate and unequivocal response to show that we will not tolerate abuse of power from Donald Trump.

Our response in the hours following a power grab will dictate what happens next and whether Congress—the only body with the constitutional power and obligation to rein Trump in from his rampage—will do anything to stand up to him.

That's why we're preparing to hold emergency "Nobody is Above the Law" rallies around the country, in the event they are needed.

Use the map or search below by ZIP code to find an event near you, or create one if none exists.

Rallies will begin just hours after national events are triggered:

If actions are triggered BEFORE 2 p.m. local time —> events will begin @ 5 p.m. local time.
If actions are triggered AFTER 2 p.m. local time —> events will begin @ noon local time the following day.
This is the general plan—please confirm details on your event page, as individual hosts may tailor their events to their local plan.
This is our moment to stand up to protect our democracy. Let's mobilize to show that we won't let Donald Trump become the authoritarian that he aspires to be. The law applies to all of us, and it's essential that it also applies to the most powerful people in our country.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

handle
Charter member
18954 posts
Sat Mar-17-18 08:44 PM

6. "Muller will be fired, make no mistake"
In response to Reply # 4

The balance to an out of control branch of government is another branch.

I HONESTLY think that they could have an actual tape of Trump working with the Russian's saying tags like "If you help me I will do whatever you say" and THIS congress would do NOTHING.

NOTHING.

Don't think the police or the military would help us either.

I hope Susan Saradan can post here about how it'd be worst under Clinton.

------------

Gone: My Discogs collection for The Roots:
http://www.discogs.com/user/tomhayes-roots/collection

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13575 posts
Mon Mar-19-18 11:29 AM

7. "You gonna clap back McCabe. Trump trying to have you cashiering at 65+"
In response to Reply # 0

Mofo done fucked with you money yo, and you ain't gonna do shit?

Wife looking at you like, "I thought we were gonna finally take that trip to Paris once you retired..."

Lobby General Discussion topic #13243588 Previous topic | Next topic