Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13238002

Subject: "Job Interview Questionnaire help needed" Previous topic | Next topic
Damali
Member since Sep 12th 2002
35863 posts
Tue Feb-27-18 10:35 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Job Interview Questionnaire help needed"

So I'm still looking for work after being fired 5 months ago and i'm getting close on a couple jobs...for this one, i have to answer a questionnaire and i'm stuck on this question...mainly because it's true LOL

"You and the CEO share mutual friends and acquaintances. What safeguards would you put in place to ensure there is no conflict of interest?"

im not sure how to answer it other than, i would inform the mutual friend upon being hired that i won't be discussing the CEO's personal or business affairs...but that just sounds too obvious and rudimentary

anyone have suggestions on what else i could include?

thanks
d

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
the short answer: I would follow the established HR policies
Feb 27th 2018
^^^^
Feb 27th 2018
sorry, yes. here's more info
Feb 27th 2018
      based on the new data
Feb 27th 2018
           excellent thanks!
Feb 27th 2018
           basically.
Feb 27th 2018

Selah
Member since Jun 05th 2002
16484 posts
Tue Feb-27-18 10:42 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "the short answer: I would follow the established HR policies"
In response to Reply # 0

the longer answer depends on the requirements of position to which you are applying. why exactly would it be your responsibility to establish "safeguards"?

safeguards against what?

more data required...

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79560 posts
Tue Feb-27-18 11:06 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "^^^^"
In response to Reply # 1

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Damali
35863 posts
Tue Feb-27-18 11:16 AM

3. "sorry, yes. here's more info"
In response to Reply # 1

the job is to be the personal assistant of the CEO

the CEO is a famous blogger/author so I doubt there is an "HR department" but I do think "following established policies" is an excellent way to respond

thanks!

d

Selah
Member since Jun 05th 2002
16484 posts
Tue Feb-27-18 11:21 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "based on the new data"
In response to Reply # 3

say: "I honor confidentiality and discretion with the utmost effort and would only disclose based on the pre-established "need to know" set up by ______" (or somesuch)

basically they (i'm sure you know) are just trying to ensure you don't run your mouth and tell all the CEOs business gossipping

nothing you say can guarantee that, even if they make you sign an NDA (which they should)

Damali
35863 posts
Tue Feb-27-18 11:42 AM

5. "excellent thanks!"
In response to Reply # 4

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59176 posts
Tue Feb-27-18 01:41 PM

6. "basically."
In response to Reply # 4

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13238002 Previous topic | Next topic