Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13236036

Subject: "** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **" Previous topic | Next topic
Geah
Member since Feb 16th 2007
48407 posts
Wed Feb-21-18 07:03 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"

@geahuwine

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
My boss just asked me to travel again and I'm like 🙄
Feb 21st 2018
feel you. that's rough and a lot to ask. Fck that guy for even asking.
Feb 21st 2018
Ok. Thank you. I was feeling a bit like I was being unreasonable.
Feb 21st 2018
With a 4 month old? Helll to the no
Feb 21st 2018
Yeah. And she's still on the NICU sleep/eat/change schedule
Feb 21st 2018
travelling was a big reason i switched jobs
Feb 21st 2018
Parts of it can. Other parts can't.
Feb 21st 2018
wheeeeeeeeeeew
Feb 21st 2018
Only way all that travelling would be dope is if a dude's a serial cheat...
Feb 21st 2018
      In another life I would've had a ball.
Feb 21st 2018
I Am (c)...
Feb 21st 2018
I work in a nice office in a highrise downtown. Across the street...
Feb 21st 2018
Just ... be careful
Feb 21st 2018
True. I know the grass isn't greener. The real problem is I need out of ...
Feb 21st 2018
i hear but that stuff takes a toll on your body
Feb 21st 2018
I hear you. It looks cool when seen from my office window, lol
Feb 21st 2018
I applied for a less-paying gig
Feb 21st 2018
a few.
Feb 21st 2018
my son feel the same way...
Feb 21st 2018
it's a great movie. Enjoy it.
Feb 21st 2018
      roger that n/m
Feb 21st 2018
ayo
Feb 21st 2018
      RE: ayo
Feb 21st 2018
      more annoyed than upset/offended.
Feb 22nd 2018
      done and done.
Feb 22nd 2018
You can never go home again...or what you thought was home anyway
Feb 21st 2018
You came home and got love
Feb 21st 2018
RE: You came home and got love
Feb 21st 2018
I live right up the street from Captain Steves
Feb 21st 2018
      That fried platter had me face down on the couch for about 2 hours, lol
Feb 22nd 2018
Man I wonder what that would be like
Feb 21st 2018
Sounds like classic envy. You were getting love that he he doesn't...
Feb 21st 2018
8 month old has been in the hospital
Feb 21st 2018
That's rough man.
Feb 21st 2018
Damn fam, my heart goes out to y'all. Cheering for her to get back
Feb 21st 2018
y’all alright?
Feb 21st 2018
Inbox!!!
Feb 21st 2018
Fam...lighting a candle and praying for yall...
Feb 21st 2018
Man, Hang in there bro and keep the faith strong.
Feb 21st 2018
i hope she gets better soon
Feb 21st 2018
speedy recovery to your little one
Feb 21st 2018
Thanks for the positive vibes. She is off the oxygen and feeding tube.
Feb 22nd 2018
      glad she's getting better.
Feb 22nd 2018
My heart is still heavy, I Lost a friend to COT DAMN SUICIDE!
Feb 21st 2018
peace
Feb 21st 2018
True. I'm just going to do better about celebrating friends and family
Feb 21st 2018
That’s heavy...
Feb 21st 2018
Mental Illness is heavy like TON!
Feb 21st 2018
RE: My heart is still heavy, I Lost a friend to COT DAMN SUICIDE!
Feb 22nd 2018
      My Fam has the opportunity of a lifetime sitting right there.
Feb 22nd 2018
I work with an overachiever
Feb 21st 2018
T'Challa x Martin
Feb 22nd 2018
Peace and love to all y’all...
Feb 22nd 2018
I'm burnt out as fuck
Feb 22nd 2018

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Wed Feb-21-18 09:22 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "My boss just asked me to travel again and I'm like 🙄"
In response to Reply # 0

I told him no. But I guess I'm a bit offended that he even asked
When I was at HQ I spent 225 hotel nights in 2.5 years. The strain that put on my relationship and health was a lot.
It was one year of being engaged and wedding planning while doing that and then one year of marriage before I said I gotta do something different
So I transferred to an area level job and the travel kept going
Then last year they offered me a night timeish position which kept me home but also put strain on our relationship. Add that on to the fact that she was pregnant just a lot.
So now we got a four month old who came out two months early and he's like "well when can you travel" I told him at least until she's six months.

I just can't
You can't get that time back and my wife isn't fully back to work yet and still is trying to find her own balance. I can't do that to her.
And add that on to the fact that travel means helping someone else that's not doing their job. So putting your responsibilities on hold while they go home each of those nights to their families, I just can't.
And now I'm growing resentful.
I don't expect a job or boss to care about me as a person, I really don't; but on that same token I expect basic considerations and I don't feel this is that.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44616 posts
Wed Feb-21-18 09:30 AM

3. "feel you. that's rough and a lot to ask. Fck that guy for even asking. "
In response to Reply # 1

I'm mad for you.
Dbl standard too.
If you were a woman they probably wouldn't have even THOUGHT about asking you that nonsense. But the expectation is that Dad's are a non-entity.
Job got me going to a conference for 3 days and i'm lightweight salty about THAT...even though this the first time i've ever had to travel for this job and i've been here nearly 10 years.... still though.... this will be the first time i've been apart from my kids EVER...and first time being apart from my wife in over 10 years....
not looking forward to it.

"Get ready....for your blessing....."

MEAT
22257 posts
Wed Feb-21-18 10:13 AM

5. "Ok. Thank you. I was feeling a bit like I was being unreasonable. "
In response to Reply # 3

But I'm still doing most of the cleaning and cooking. Grandma comes down to help. But grandma brings her own additional problems and this is fully my responsibility.

------

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79608 posts
Wed Feb-21-18 10:00 AM

4. "With a 4 month old? Helll to the no"
In response to Reply # 1

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

MEAT
22257 posts
Wed Feb-21-18 10:16 AM

6. "Yeah. And she's still on the NICU sleep/eat/change schedule"
In response to Reply # 4

We feed and change her every three hours.
2 5 8 11 do it again.
Because I work I do 5am and 8pm
But take last night for example, she was still screaming at midnight because she's hungry ... so I got up to help.
Like I couldn't imagine my wife having to deal with that solo right now.
Because she's also pumping every three hours. So her sleep is all fucked up too.

------

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Wed Feb-21-18 11:02 AM

8. "travelling was a big reason i switched jobs"
In response to Reply # 1

it really does take a toll on a family. cant imagine with a 4 month old.

if you are only traveling to help someone out can it be done remotely?

MEAT
22257 posts
Wed Feb-21-18 11:07 AM

10. "Parts of it can. Other parts can't. "
In response to Reply # 8

But I'm not available. He's sending one of the dudes on the team to Baltimore, that dude can go down to Richmond but he's asking me to. That's poor resource management and I'm not able to enable that at the expense of me.

------

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85075 posts
Wed Feb-21-18 11:32 AM

12. "wheeeeeeeeeeew"
In response to Reply # 1

>I don't expect a job or boss to care about me as a person, I
>really don't; but on that same token I expect basic
>considerations and I don't feel this is that.

just had a similar chat w/ my boss. basically it came down to "i'm not going to tell you that we need you to give up your social life and free time buuuuuuuut..."

<--- Big Baller World Order

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13575 posts
Wed Feb-21-18 11:36 AM

13. "Only way all that travelling would be dope is if a dude's a serial cheat..."
In response to Reply # 1

GREAT opportunity for that.

Otherwise? Hell naw. I don't even like travelling for vacations, so having to do that for work seems like it sucks. It's not just the travel either, it's the prep beforehand and having to get back into life flow afterwards that would drive me crazy.

MEAT
22257 posts
Wed Feb-21-18 11:49 AM

15. "In another life I would've had a ball. "
In response to Reply # 13
Wed Feb-21-18 11:49 AM by MEAT

In this life I STAY out of trouble. My go to when I travel is book stores and bowling. I don't mess with bars, don't mess with the locals whose plants I'm visiting. If I see a good show on the list I'll check that out, but I really do camp out in the hotel.

It was great for getting platinum status but other than that. Trash. I've been in dc for going on six years and this last month is the only time I've ever been able to consistently exercise and diet. I've missed out on so much. Social groups, events, hobbies .... I'm done with that life.

------

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Wed Feb-21-18 09:23 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "I Am (c)..."
In response to Reply # 0

when you know what you got
scarfice ain’t that hard....

/
I’m getting tired of people, talking to them and dealing with them everyday. The shit is exhausting. I never wanna be a person that would tell someone how to live their life. I understand family and friends wanna see me dating but if I say I’m ok..I’m ok. I had a friend tell me what/why I deserve to be dating. So what’s that’s its been 2 years. I needed to heal and I’m still not 100%. I realize she doesn’t really know me...

I never was taught to date casually. I’m just not that kind of woman and I’m done apologizing for it. I’m a master teacher of love tho...

right now, my focus is solely to build my business. Then comes love...if it comes!

/

“I don’t peddle backwards but I live old fashioned” (c) Black Panther

flipnile
13575 posts
Wed Feb-21-18 10:57 AM

7. "I work in a nice office in a highrise downtown. Across the street..."
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Feb-21-18 10:58 AM by flipnile

...a new highrise is being built. Every day I look over there and part of me wishes I was working on that building with tools in my hands, rather than here in this office. Out in the weather, getting shit built, being able to speak loudly; to hammer, drill or weld shit; getting dirty; etc. Working aggressively without having to compromise or apologize. No bullshit office culture with people trying to look cute. Meanwhile, I'm in this office with these soft-ass dudes with dad bods standing near me having a conversation about comfort food in soft voices. Mad uptalk. Shook ones.

Long story short, I really dislike this environment. I gotta get my next move figured out because I don't see myself working in this kind of environment long-term. I gotta keep too much in here, so the energy that helps make me who I am is almost completely muted here. Some of these dudes seem like the type to go to HR on some "flipnile makes me uncomfortable..." Once, I gave my desk a two-finger tap because I couldn't figure out this bug in my code, and the dude behind me *jumped* in his seat and looked like he just heard a fucking gunshot.

Countdown is on. Current mission is to get out of the office, or into my own.

MEAT
22257 posts
Wed Feb-21-18 11:05 AM

9. "Just ... be careful"
In response to Reply # 7

I miss my truck unloading, box throwing, box cutter pulling, cussing and fussin days
But two things I've learned,

1. if you're on that level you're not shit. Hourly wages, cakes in on your days off, people monitoring your bathroom breaks, no cell phone or headphones .... that office life has its perks
2. That level is unsustainable. I work in an organization that people have been in since their teens. A lot of these suits have friends that started in the plants with them and after 40 years of work work, what that does to the body is crazy.

I know you're not advocating for the OTHER work environment. Just reminding you we all make sacrifices. And while you're dealing with a lot of ennui and bullshit, every day not rolling away like that is another one you're gonna have on the back end should you get there.

------

flipnile
13575 posts
Wed Feb-21-18 11:26 AM

11. "True. I know the grass isn't greener. The real problem is I need out of ..."
In response to Reply # 9
Wed Feb-21-18 11:29 AM by flipnile

I have a few family members that work in construction & carpentry, so I see a bit of the positives and negatives. Being able to take days off, to not manually labor, to work indoors in a steady, climate controlled environment, consistent hours & nice paycheck, etc.

The core is that I really dislike this office because of the culture/people, and I need to put myself in a better working space. This office diminishes my soul, no-lol.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6f/Tiger_in_a_zoo.jpg

Bonus snark: Fuck meetings.

makaveli
Charter member
16305 posts
Wed Feb-21-18 11:36 AM

14. "i hear but that stuff takes a toll on your body"
In response to Reply # 7

i'm in the process of starting something new where I don't have to work in an office anymore, i'm excited about it.

“So back we go to these questions — friendship, character… ethics.”

flipnile
13575 posts
Wed Feb-21-18 11:53 AM

16. "I hear you. It looks cool when seen from my office window, lol"
In response to Reply # 14

But yeah, at 40 it would be pretty rough on me, and probably a big step back in salary. Not a realistic option for me right now.

I gotta get out of here tho. It's starting to noticeably stress me out when I come into the building. Mad passive-aggressiveness, and I feel like a huge bull in a small china shop that needs to stretch its' legs.

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Wed Feb-21-18 01:36 PM

28. "I applied for a less-paying gig"
In response to Reply # 7

for a lot of the same reasons.

There's a certain feeling of being able to look at something you did with YOUR HANDS...coming home smellin like armpits/Issey Miyake....

I don't know what it's like where YOU are...but maybe try something with the City/Parks & Rec/Public Works.

I get tired of shuffling paper around..this $hit ain't gangsta.

IG: amadu_me

"...Whateva, man..." (c) Redman

Shogun
Member since Jun 25th 2003
3042 posts
Wed Feb-21-18 12:02 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
17. "a few."
In response to Reply # 0

-all this goofy thinkpiece shit and conspiracy theory stuff has RUINED "Black Panther". As a lifelong fan of comics and the MCU movies, I hate that people have walked into what used to be a fun thing and fucked it up with politics and takes. Most of the shit is silly, and if you don't want to participate in it, somehow that makes you 'wrong'.

-easy come, easy go. For a while there, I thought I'd found a new lady. Shit was going well, then all of a sudden she went ghost. We never officially entered into anything big; mostly extended phone convos and whatnot, but everything was going great. She blamed it on work, and related grownfolks stuff, but honestly, I think she just wasn't ready. I'm not taking it personal, but as a dude who was already skeptical about being in a relationship ( let along a LD one, which is what this would've been), this doesn't help. We're still cool, but I can tell we're done as far as being together.

-family stuff is going well. I'm appreciative of that. I finally "let go" some dead weight on that front, and it definitely helped ease my mind.

Back again for the first time.

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Wed Feb-21-18 12:19 PM

18. "my son feel the same way..."
In response to Reply # 17

he’s been a long time fans too.

I’m going to check it out this weekend... alone. my friend girl asked if I was dressing up...I told her I wasn’t on it like that...

Shogun
3042 posts
Wed Feb-21-18 12:23 PM

19. "it's a great movie. Enjoy it. "
In response to Reply # 18

Be sure to block out all the bullshit afterwards. It's a movie based on a cool comic character. Leave the rest alone.

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Wed Feb-21-18 01:30 PM

27. "roger that n/m"
In response to Reply # 19

Selah
Member since Jun 05th 2002
16484 posts
Wed Feb-21-18 12:40 PM

21. "ayo"
In response to Reply # 17

>-all this goofy thinkpiece shit and conspiracy theory stuff
>has RUINED "Black Panther". As a lifelong fan of comics and
>the MCU movies, I hate that people have walked into what used
>to be a fun thing and fucked it up with politics and takes.
>Most of the shit is silly, and if you don't want to
>participate in it, somehow that makes you 'wrong'.

you don't have to read them
you don't have to watch them

let the baby have it's bottle

stay gold ponyboy

i refuse to let @#$%^&*()_)(*&^%$%^&*( steal my joy

Johnny
Charter member
4447 posts
Wed Feb-21-18 02:50 PM

35. "RE: ayo"
In response to Reply # 21

>you don't have to read them
>you don't have to watch them
>
>i refuse to let @#$%^&*()_)(*&^%$%^&*( steal my joy

exactly

its crazy when I hear stuff like that. that stuff is so easy for me to avoid. people really get upset/offended by this internet/social media stuff. i just shrug and keep it moving

Shogun
3042 posts
Thu Feb-22-18 11:56 AM

51. "more annoyed than upset/offended. "
In response to Reply # 35

>
>its crazy when I hear stuff like that. that stuff is so easy
>for me to avoid. people really get upset/offended by this
>internet/social media stuff. i just shrug and keep it moving

It's even worse when people I normally engage with are posting all this shit. It's impossible to have conversations with people when everything is a fuckin' conspiracy.

Point taken, though.

Shogun
3042 posts
Thu Feb-22-18 11:55 AM

50. "done and done."
In response to Reply # 21

>you don't have to read them
>you don't have to watch them
>
>let the baby have it's bottle
>
>stay gold ponyboy
>
>i refuse to let @#$%^&*()_)(*&^%$%^&*( steal my joy

it's just annoying is all.

tully_blanchard
Charter member
6902 posts
Wed Feb-21-18 12:36 PM

20. "You can never go home again...or what you thought was home anyway"
In response to Reply # 0

Went home over the weekend, and for the most part had an awesome time. Took my daughter to the movie, hung out with my pops, went to chu'uch (and to the fish camp, and to WalMart) with my moms. Drank too much with the fellas, and thats where the trouble started.

I was kind of a popular dude (in my circle anyway) when I left, and the spot we went to Saturday night, all of them folk were there, so it was alot of "Yoooooooooo!!!!!!! You home?? Whatchu drankin'" going on. I rode with my best friend, so when it was time to go, we headed towards the door, and I got stopped a few more times. I guess he was tryna call, but I didnt feel my phone vibrate.

My man walked back in the spot on some "YO! The fuck you doing? I'm ready to go!!" shit. I stopped, turned back around, dapped the dude I was rappin' with and headed towards the door. We got outside and I said "hey man, I know you ready to leave, and I got caught up, but that shit was unnecessary."

"Fuck that man...if im ready to leave, then im ready to leave"

I get that, but how you handled the shit was mad disrespectful

"I dont give a fuck..."

...this went on the whole ride. Dude couldnt see past "I was ready to go" and couldnt see "yo, this my homie..."

I really dont have much to say to him..yeah, alcohol and egos, but at the end of the day, that shit was foul. It's kinda been brewing for a while, cause we did start growing in different directions over the past 6-7 years...ehh..

Bottoms up....and the devil laughs..

http://soundcloud.com/rayandersonjr

legsdiamond
79608 posts
Wed Feb-21-18 12:48 PM

23. "You came home and got love"
In response to Reply # 20

sometimes it rubs folk the wrong way..

especially once alcohol is involved.

I love going home to visit but i hate when folks get mad at you over dumb shit. It can ruin a great visit.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

tully_blanchard
Charter member
6902 posts
Wed Feb-21-18 01:06 PM

24. "RE: You came home and got love"
In response to Reply # 23

>sometimes it rubs folk the wrong way..
>
>especially once alcohol is involved.
>
>I love going home to visit but i hate when folks get mad at
>you over dumb shit. It can ruin a great visit.

It almost did ruin it homie...but eating Captain Steves and talkin bout real life with my momma saved it, lol.

I aint never been jealous of another dude...what he driving, his woman, what kinda love he gets from his folk..nothing..that shits dumb mayne.

He called when I was driving back to the A. Told me a friend of ours brother had passed. He said "i know you just left from here, so if you need any help or whatever coming back for the service let me know." I said "I'm good mayne...if I cant make it back, I'll send flowers..im good"

legsdiamond
79608 posts
Wed Feb-21-18 07:46 PM

42. "I live right up the street from Captain Steves"
In response to Reply # 24

That fried platter or broiled platter is the truth.

tully_blanchard
Charter member
6902 posts
Thu Feb-22-18 09:00 AM

45. "That fried platter had me face down on the couch for about 2 hours, lol"
In response to Reply # 42

exactopposite
Member since Aug 21st 2002
15132 posts
Wed Feb-21-18 11:00 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
43. "Man I wonder what that would be like"
In response to Reply # 23

The prisons an the cemeteries claimed just about all the dudes I came up with. The others (like myself) don't live anywhere near there anymore.

Being able to go home and get that kind of love is a great thing.

flipnile
13575 posts
Wed Feb-21-18 02:47 PM

34. "Sounds like classic envy. You were getting love that he he doesn't..."
In response to Reply # 20

...so he was ready to bounce. Kind of a chump move. My hood homeys used to do this to me back in the day when we were in a non-hood spot that I got mad love in (vs. the hood spots that they got love in). Be all ready to bounce and head to the hood spot because "aye yo, shorty!" doesn't work where we were.

legsdiamond
79608 posts
Wed Feb-21-18 12:44 PM

22. "8 month old has been in the hospital "
In response to Reply # 0

3 viral infections. It really made the wife and I realize we have been stressing over dumb shit.

We have to figure out the next move because daycare ain’t it for the youngest one. It’s been a terrible flu season and thank god she doesn’t have the flu but still. Seeing her hooked up to tubes hearts my heart.

MEAT
22257 posts
Wed Feb-21-18 01:10 PM

25. "That's rough man. "
In response to Reply # 22

Best of luck. Keep us updated?

------

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44616 posts
Wed Feb-21-18 01:20 PM

26. "Damn fam, my heart goes out to y'all. Cheering for her to get back "
Wed Feb-21-18 01:21 PM by FLUIDJ

to 100% so she can get back to slobbering all over your finest threads...

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Wed Feb-21-18 01:46 PM

29. "y’all alright? "

I can ride by and throw some Popeyes out the car....

legsdiamond
79608 posts
Wed Feb-21-18 03:16 PM

38. "Inbox!!! "
In response to Reply # 29

Lol.

We cool. Thanks.

tully_blanchard
Charter member
6902 posts
Wed Feb-21-18 01:51 PM

30. "Fam...lighting a candle and praying for yall..."

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Wed Feb-21-18 02:10 PM

31. "Man, Hang in there bro and keep the faith strong."

Inbox me if you need to talk, pray, vent. etc.

"I cannot see how nature could have created itself. Only a supernatural force that is outside of space and time could have done that. ~ Francis Collins

makaveli
Charter member
16305 posts
Wed Feb-21-18 02:36 PM

33. "i hope she gets better soon"

“So back we go to these questions — friendship, character… ethics.”

Boogiedwn
Member since Sep 25th 2003
8677 posts
Wed Feb-21-18 03:07 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
36. "speedy recovery to your little one"

legsdiamond
79608 posts
Thu Feb-22-18 10:23 AM

46. "Thanks for the positive vibes. She is off the oxygen and feeding tube. "

Still has a cough but if all goes well tonight we should be home tomorrow afternoon.

tariqhu
Charter member
17891 posts
Thu Feb-22-18 12:52 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
53. "glad she's getting better."
In response to Reply # 46

this shit is tuff seeing kids deal with health issues. it makes you feel helpless.

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Wed Feb-21-18 02:35 PM

32. "My heart is still heavy, I Lost a friend to COT DAMN SUICIDE! "
In response to Reply # 0

Got the news last Sunday 2/11 while at dinner and was at the funeral on 2/17. The news and the words Suicide hit me so hard that my facial expression scared the hell out of finance. Next thing I know my face is in my arms and my arms are on the table. Whole outer body experience. Tears just ambushed my eyes.

Man, listen it's hard enough to deal with tragedy related to sickness, drunk driving, stray bullets, senseless violence, but it's even crazier when the person that dies did it to themselves. You just start thinking stuff like, why didn't they call you? Did the thought of them pass your mind and you just blew it off for later? How are you going to comfort the family? What can you say to help with the pain? DAMN!

For real, I had been knowing this woman and her ex-husband since 1994. We all served in the Army together. I was there for the first date. I was the best man at the wedding. I was there for the birth of their first child. She was like a sister at the time and we were all tight like a family. I tried to keep them together. They just got divorced like 1.5 years ago. OVER 23 yrs of knowing. And then we kind of fell off. She had mad issues, but she was still on my heart and mind. I know it's not my issue and I'm a bit numb or just mad. DAMN!

I didn't talk to her much over the past 2 yrs, but I kept up with her on FB and chatted sometimes. But then her page was gone. And now she's really gone.

The funeral was rough mentally and physically. We drove from the ATL to Lynchburg VA and turned right back around after the repast. But to see her two sons suffering and my boy - married to his new wife, but BROKE THE HELL UP HURTING because his ex-wife was still his BEST FRIEND and his sons were dying inside. That's gotta hurt on so many levels. DAMN SUICIDE F*CK!

At the funeral, the preacher asked if anyone had a few words - 2 min. No one moved. So I went up - first. Someone needed to say something and with all the Seminary training and ministerial training, i was no match for the pain. My voice was craking and throat was still on cotton to start. But I managed to pull it together, tell the story of our friendship, the family, the husband, the boys, the laughs, the life. Even made the preacher happy when I stepped on his text before the eulogy - letting everyone know that she was still a child of God and that nothing could separate her from the love of Jesus Christ. The family needed to hear that because looking at her mother was heartbreaking in itself.

Well, my confession is that I failed to be a good friend because I should have called her more and I should have told her that I loved her just like I tell all my other friends. I should have been a better brother. So, now I'll have to be a better godfather to her sons. SALUTE!

"I cannot see how nature could have created itself. Only a supernatural force that is outside of space and time could have done that. ~ Francis Collins

Boogiedwn
Member since Sep 25th 2003
8677 posts
Wed Feb-21-18 03:08 PM

37. "peace"
In response to Reply # 32

do what you can now & also realize it still might have happened regardless

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Wed Feb-21-18 03:23 PM

39. "True. I'm just going to do better about celebrating friends and family"
In response to Reply # 37

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Wed Feb-21-18 03:27 PM

40. "That’s heavy..."

**hugs**

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Wed Feb-21-18 03:52 PM

41. "Mental Illness is heavy like TON! "
In response to Reply # 40

People need to stop feeling like their mental health is an optional matter to take care of in this life.

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49420 posts
Thu Feb-22-18 11:53 AM

49. "RE: My heart is still heavy, I Lost a friend to COT DAMN SUICIDE! "

I think you did your part when you spoke on it in the church. The family and kids will appreciate that long after.

Peace Nupe.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49420 posts
Thu Feb-22-18 11:58 AM

52. "My Fam has the opportunity of a lifetime sitting right there. "
In response to Reply # 49

Never seen the differences in our styles and approach to life until this moment right now.

Sitting right there is that opportunity that he has always talked about to run for office. This wave that is coming in November is going to be sweeping all sorts of people into office who just had the balls to try for it.

We greared up. know the next steps. Got the right people pledging support right now and willing to do the work....and nothing.

I pester every day, did you do this? call this person? you know the next step, did you do it?

Still, Nothing.

I am wondering if I should dramatically confront and call out or just let this die out and not speak on it again.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

atruhead
Charter member
85230 posts
Wed Feb-21-18 11:40 PM

44. "I work with an overachiever"
In response to Reply # 0

I'll just go back to applying for jobs while Im here before I let someone compete me out the door. we dont work for commissions, we're supposed to be a team and he just wants to outshine me

going on vacation next week but not really a vacation because it's a destination wedding, we arent staying long enough to enjoy it and we're rooming with a third party. I'll try to get as much as I can out of the all inclusive resort experience though

I dont have time or energy to get in my own way anymore, that may be God working through me.

I cant let my dreams escape me while I reconfigure my future

MEAT
22257 posts
Thu Feb-22-18 11:35 AM

47. "T'Challa x Martin"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Feb-22-18 11:37 AM by MEAT

https://imgur.com/a/zF2E0

------

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Thu Feb-22-18 11:47 AM

48. "Peace and love to all y’all..."
In response to Reply # 0

Been a year since my bro passed away. My life has changed significantly since then. It’s hurtful that he’s not been around to witness my evolution nor to experience his own.

Miss ya, Brian Keith!

And to all of y’all, be great out there!

sectachrome86
Member since Dec 22nd 2007
2729 posts
Thu Feb-22-18 01:00 PM

54. "I'm burnt out as fuck"
In response to Reply # 0

and I think I have been for years.

Tired, unmotivated, bored, stressed. Hate this job but the thought of finding a different one sounds just as awful. Even though I've been pretty successful in my career. I still like and enjoy design at it's core but I'm just fucking bored of this industry and the people in it.

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.soundcloud.com/sectachrome

Lobby General Discussion topic #13236036 Previous topic | Next topic