Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13232032

Subject: "Corporate advice post" Previous topic | Next topic
atruhead
Charter member
85230 posts
Fri Feb-02-18 11:25 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Corporate advice post"

Im hoping we can use this to help one another navigate putting in our 40 hours

my situation: I just started this job, dude whose role is to basically teach me the ins and outs is good at that part and friendly, but kind of too talkative and jokey. He isnt a supervisor or anything, he started 3 months ago and basically bodied the job so they trust him to lead newcomers in the right way.

Today our supervisor came to us at the end of the day and said a whole lot of shit we've been doing incorrectly basically needs to be fixed Monday. Not his fault, not my fault, we were both caught off guard with brand new information about changes that need to be made. Now he's flustered and I still havent mastered the job yet. I want to have her brief me again Monday, he doesnt want it to look like he doesnt know what he's doing, but neither of us got the full gist of what she sped through today.

Im probably going to ask for a refresher first thing Monday anyway so that Im not digging a deep hole just trying to figure it out. My dilemma is how do I tell dude to turn his personality down because I want to focus on work, especially when my job depends on what I learn from him

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Be honest with him
Feb 03rd 2018

Cam
Charter member
13286 posts
Sat Feb-03-18 12:28 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Be honest with him"
In response to Reply # 0

In a self-deprecating way, “Homey, let’s talk about Timberlake’s SB 1/2Time show right after you review with me how to sprint properly in this Agile methodology that’s new to me. I have ADHD and find it difficult to focus, if you say something funny, on how to correctly add the Ts in these TPS reports Ock.”

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby General Discussion topic #13232032 Previous topic | Next topic