Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13231141

Subject: "** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **" Previous topic | Next topic
Geah
Member since Feb 16th 2007
48407 posts
Wed Jan-31-18 10:17 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"

I'm tired

@geahuwine

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
my son is still having headaches.
Jan 31st 2018
remain hopeful King...
Jan 31st 2018
thanks Trin.
Jan 31st 2018
He's going to be 100% at the drop of a hat.
Jan 31st 2018
I like this ending.
Jan 31st 2018
Damn sorry to hear that
Jan 31st 2018
      the headache source is still a mystery.
Jan 31st 2018
did nacho libre ruin common's unfamiliar for anyone else?
Jan 31st 2018
lol
Jan 31st 2018
      its a good song but i instantly tune it out and think of that scene lol
Jan 31st 2018
Full Moon...
Jan 31st 2018
lawd, Trin, now you goin' to the doctor for your broken heart?
Jan 31st 2018
      lol. right
Jan 31st 2018
I am considering spanking my 7 year old tonight.
Jan 31st 2018
Put the right amount of fear for the right things and
Jan 31st 2018
yt teachers and administrators will indeed label him-
Jan 31st 2018
Yup. Especially if it’s mostly white kids.
Jan 31st 2018
does he tell you why he is being disruptive?
Jan 31st 2018
Hmmm...
Jan 31st 2018
excercises that they don't normally do.
Jan 31st 2018
how’d you make out?
Feb 01st 2018
I didn't spank him.
Feb 01st 2018
      good $hit
Feb 01st 2018
      lol. love it :-)
Feb 01st 2018
      playing DA: Holding the belt tho?
Feb 01st 2018
           yeah that did read funny *re-pages SoWhat*
Feb 01st 2018
           this 5 year old STAY on the verge of getting this work.....but we chill....
Feb 02nd 2018
*paging SoWhat*
Feb 01st 2018
Yep
Jan 31st 2018
Marriage is like...trying to figure out how a magic trick works
Feb 01st 2018
Felt
Feb 01st 2018
RE: ** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **
Feb 02nd 2018

tariqhu
Charter member
17904 posts
Wed Jan-31-18 10:54 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "my son is still having headaches."
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Jan-31-18 10:55 AM by tariqhu

the neurologist prescribed some meds, but don't think he'll be taking those anymore. he woke up saturday with muscles spasms.

the headaches have def been less frequent, but I'm going to sched an mri as soon as I can.

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Wed Jan-31-18 11:30 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "remain hopeful King..."
In response to Reply # 1

tariqhu
Charter member
17904 posts
Wed Jan-31-18 01:42 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "thanks Trin."
In response to Reply # 2

I'm doing my best.

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44916 posts
Wed Jan-31-18 02:30 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
8. "He's going to be 100% at the drop of a hat."
In response to Reply # 1

Watch.

A switch will go off and he'll be right as rain for the rest of his life. No rhyme. No reason. No explanation.

It's just going to happen, just like that.

Overnight.

Watch.

tariqhu
Charter member
17904 posts
Wed Jan-31-18 08:40 PM

17. "I like this ending."
In response to Reply # 8

thanks.

Heinz
Member since Dec 26th 2003
20763 posts
Wed Jan-31-18 05:01 PM

10. "Damn sorry to hear that"
In response to Reply # 1

Wouldnt the muscle spasms have to do a lot with it? Tension headaches?

I get them a lot when im really tight in my traps, I usually roll on a lacross ball to release them. Also on the back of my neck/skull area too

----------

IG @h_n_z

tariqhu
Charter member
17904 posts
Wed Jan-31-18 08:49 PM

18. "the headache source is still a mystery."
In response to Reply # 10

he's had them for a while. the spasms started the day after giving him prescription(prednisone) meds for the headaches. he wasn't having them before.

that was his first and last time on those meds, which was last friday. he's still having the spasms. so we can't really tell if the spasms are med related or something else. doc just ordered diff meds today but now I'm skeptical of giving him anything.

I haven't noticed any tension in his head/shoulder area, but I'll check more.

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16418 posts
Wed Jan-31-18 12:59 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "did nacho libre ruin common's unfamiliar for anyone else?"
In response to Reply # 0

https://youtu.be/-3GtomqttiY

the scene with that girl and esqueleto is all i can think of when i hear the song

https://youtu.be/AoItNONvdbU?t=1m47s

its cool tho cuz i love nacho libre

kinetic94761180
Member since Jul 05th 2002
17858 posts
Wed Jan-31-18 05:13 PM

12. "lol"
In response to Reply # 3

Rjcc is code for "bitch-ass troll"

DROkayplayer™

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16418 posts
Wed Jan-31-18 06:03 PM

16. "its a good song but i instantly tune it out and think of that scene lol"
In response to Reply # 12

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Wed Jan-31-18 01:33 PM

4. "Full Moon..."
In response to Reply # 0

enough cryin’
I’ve let it all go.
nothing is more deadly than a woman with a smile and an agenda

despite feeling better, I see my Dr tomorrow to make sure everything with my heart is ok.

KiloMcG
Member since Jan 01st 2008
27561 posts
Wed Jan-31-18 01:37 PM

5. "lawd, Trin, now you goin' to the doctor for your broken heart?"
In response to Reply # 4

haha j/k. i hope everything is good with you. peace and prayers.

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Wed Jan-31-18 01:44 PM

7. "lol. right"
In response to Reply # 5

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49480 posts
Wed Jan-31-18 04:15 PM

9. "I am considering spanking my 7 year old tonight. "
In response to Reply # 0

Just got a email from the teacher about him being disruptive all week and she finally sent him to the principal today. He's been warned before.

I really want to nip this in the bud. I want him to be afraid of the consequences of being disruptive in school.

I feel like the problem is I've been too lax and they really don't have any fear of consequences from me for acting up.

My wife is ready to pull him out of this school and is worried these white teachers are going to label him a disciplinary problem.

I dont know mayne. I believe all the stuff I read about corporal punishment not being the answer. But send early to bed tonight? grounded from the fun stuff we had planned this weekend? I can't see that changing the behavior.

Looking for ideas folks.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

Heinz
Member since Dec 26th 2003
20763 posts
Wed Jan-31-18 05:02 PM

11. "Put the right amount of fear for the right things and "
In response to Reply # 9

he'l act right

----------

IG @h_n_z

kinetic94761180
Member since Jul 05th 2002
17858 posts
Wed Jan-31-18 05:15 PM

13. "yt teachers and administrators will indeed label him-"
In response to Reply # 9

likely already have.

stay involved.

Rjcc is code for "bitch-ass troll"

DROkayplayer™

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79776 posts
Wed Jan-31-18 09:21 PM

20. "Yup. Especially if it’s mostly white kids. "
In response to Reply # 13

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

tomjohn29
Member since Oct 18th 2004
16804 posts
Wed Jan-31-18 05:17 PM

14. "does he tell you why he is being disruptive?"
In response to Reply # 9

Navem nu, cuando sol
Tutu nu, vondo nos nu
Vita em, no continous non
Nos nu ekta nos sepe ta, amen

When the sun shades the ship
We sweat and life is not safe
To swim or to touch not
When we unite we hedge amen

rhchick
Charter member
15057 posts
Wed Jan-31-18 05:56 PM

15. "Hmmm..."
In response to Reply # 9

You've never spanked before? Not even a slap on the hand during younger years?

I was labeled as a problem child for most of my school years. It was all the way through middle school, but changed freshman year with the whole little fish big pond.

My mom did beat my ass, but the most effective was punishment. She was inventive for sure. She would strip me every all the pleasures - tv, computer (basically I was only playing Oregon Trail), going outside and etc.

She made me do book reports, write about what I did and why it's wrong, do more chores, clean the basement and what I hated the most - typing. She had an old school typewriter and I had to type the whole handbook - directions and everything.

tariqhu
Charter member
17904 posts
Wed Jan-31-18 09:00 PM

19. "excercises that they don't normally do."
In response to Reply # 9

wall squats, push up, planks, jumping jacks.

does a couple of things. gives you other options to think of besides whoopin him. while he's exercising, you can calm down and talk to about his actions, causes, etc. mine hate me talking to them when I'm disappointed. lol

I used to spank mine too, but I had to stop. felt like I was assaulting them. and I noticed my tension was higher while I was doing it. I didn't like any of the feelings that came with it.

I was spanked as a child. can't say it really ever stopped me from doing anything. especially as I got older.

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Thu Feb-01-18 09:19 AM

22. "how’d you make out?"
In response to Reply # 9

not sure how to approach this one so I’ll share my experience with hopes that it brings dialogue...

I was fortunate that my son never gave me any trouble in his youth. I know that he hates to disappoint me because he told me that much. I mentioned before that my middle grandson is becoming some what of a bully. because I’m not his parent I can’t really address it like I wanna. My son and I have discussions about it but he’s not handling it like I prefer he does. The children and I have had talks about their behavior before and I made it clear that what they do with their parents they better not try it with. For the sake of share and I make no boast about it but I always had a fire (for lack of a better word) about me when I’m angry (my grandson my have inherited it) so kids...people know when I’m not playing.

I believe the good thing about your situation is that he’s still young enough to catch it.

perhaps, he’s getting too much attention from his classmates. Have you found out exactly what’s happening from the teacher?

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49480 posts
Thu Feb-01-18 10:12 AM

23. "I didn't spank him. "
In response to Reply # 22

I talked to him this morning and he started crying and he looked so sad and pitiful it didn't at all seem necessary.

We spoke to a sister girl administrator about what happened and she gave the details about him cutting up because he wasn't into the materials and we've seen a patttern of when he is challenged or frustrated with school work he acts up. Not terrible stuff but a disruption to the class.

We put him on punishment. When he was younger I'd spank him or pinch his bum when he was acting up but OKP partly convinced me that it wasn't necessary to put the fear of the lord in him.

All I had to do was have that belt in my hand when I talked to him this morning.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Thu Feb-01-18 10:25 AM

24. "good $hit "
In response to Reply # 23

I can count on one hand the number to barehanded swats I've given out. I get a lot more out of open communication.

Glad y'all both made it out unscathed.

IG: amadu_me

"...Whateva, man..." (c) Redman

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Thu Feb-01-18 10:27 AM

25. "lol. love it :-) "

my eldest grandson turns 11 today
dude. “eleven”
talking about he wanna see his birth certificate to make sure today is really his birthday.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79776 posts
Thu Feb-01-18 11:26 AM

27. "playing DA: Holding the belt tho? "

I guess it’s a step in the right direction but some may say it’s still a form of physical/psychological... I won’t use the word.

My question is “was his tears from disappointing you or did he think he was getting a spanking and cried to get out of it”

I’ve been prospanking all my life til I had kids. I will admit tho, there are times I been close with this two year old...

But she is 2.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

KiloMcG
27561 posts
Thu Feb-01-18 11:30 AM

28. "yeah that did read funny *re-pages SoWhat*"
In response to Reply # 27

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44620 posts
Fri Feb-02-18 08:12 AM

31. "this 5 year old STAY on the verge of getting this work.....but we chill...."
In response to Reply # 27

"Get ready....for your blessing....."

KiloMcG
27561 posts
Thu Feb-01-18 11:15 AM

26. "*paging SoWhat*"
In response to Reply # 9
Thu Feb-01-18 11:21 AM by KiloMcG

*edit* haha, nvm. i see the update now. he would be proud.

wluv
Member since Jan 27th 2003
4362 posts
Wed Jan-31-18 10:19 PM

21. "Yep"
In response to Reply # 0

The condom broke last night on the FB.

Scared af.

tully_blanchard
Charter member
6902 posts
Thu Feb-01-18 03:32 PM

29. "Marriage is like...trying to figure out how a magic trick works"
In response to Reply # 0

Right when you think you got it figured out they go and pull The Prestige on you

Bottoms up....and the devil laughs..

http://soundcloud.com/rayandersonjr

Boogiedwn
Member since Sep 25th 2003
8677 posts
Thu Feb-01-18 03:38 PM

30. "Felt"
In response to Reply # 29

SP1200
Charter member
20101 posts
Fri Feb-02-18 07:56 PM

32. "RE: ** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"
In response to Reply # 0

Lately, life has been one big waiting game. Been hard to be patient,
but I'm working on it. It really looks like I'm gonna get EVERYTHING
I wanted by March. I have very little to distract me while I wait tho
smh lol. I almost feel bad now that I've gotten good news for feeling
so disgruntled lol.

This cat from the crib that was hating on me for no reason seems to
have seen the error of his ways. Cause I cut him way back & since he's
extra nice now lol. Maybe more that he's an opportunist and wants to
stay on good terms. But think ahead then and not hate in the first
place smh lol.

January was so slow & long that it just made no sense at all. Things
improved the second February hit smh lol. It was like a dogpile, man.
Bad news, circumstances, and negative changes after another.

Ready to travel again for sure. Flight booked.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2j51hj4.jpg

Lobby General Discussion topic #13231141 Previous topic | Next topic