Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13219918

Subject: "** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **" Previous topic | Next topic
Geah
Member since Feb 16th 2007
48407 posts
Wed Dec-13-17 06:57 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"

Nada

@geahuwine

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
One of my daughter's classmate's father passed unexpectedly apparently.....
Dec 13th 2017
The only help I need is unprofessional (c) lauryn Hill
Dec 13th 2017
wanted to punch a guy at the gym monday.
Dec 13th 2017
so...
Dec 13th 2017
Should I elbow my way into this fight?
Dec 13th 2017
absolutely. get em!
Dec 13th 2017
Maybe not elbow, but a smooth, firm push in
Dec 13th 2017
looks like waiting is the best option
Dec 13th 2017
damn. I want this for you...
Dec 13th 2017
i found a lump in my left boob and I'm scared AF
Dec 13th 2017
It's probably just a bruise
Dec 13th 2017
hopefully its not what you may think it is.
Dec 13th 2017
be strong and of good courage Sis...
Dec 13th 2017
Peace fam -- my sister had the same and it came back benign
Dec 14th 2017
More than likely benign but scary nonetheless.
Dec 14th 2017
got a 7% raise while not caring about shit
Dec 13th 2017
Trayvon Martin's manslaughter still bothers me the most
Dec 13th 2017
man, if you listen to podcasts at all...
Dec 13th 2017
tamir rice
Dec 13th 2017
      Yeah, man. Children being killed and dehumanized really bothers me
Dec 14th 2017
I mentioned wanting some rural land so i could shoot rockets to a friend...
Dec 14th 2017
Fam, I'm gettin fat.
Dec 14th 2017
LMAO I visualize what I'd look like doing some weighlifting,...
Dec 15th 2017
It's terrible, man. I got clothes that don't fit around the middle right...
Dec 15th 2017
      the first step is the hardest, fam...
Dec 15th 2017
           Haha oh I know it
Dec 15th 2017
yeah...
Dec 15th 2017
      pics?
Dec 15th 2017
           lulz
Dec 15th 2017
           lol.
Dec 15th 2017
           OKP GD - Giving you true thirst since 1999
Dec 15th 2017

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44614 posts
Wed Dec-13-17 08:48 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "One of my daughter's classmate's father passed unexpectedly apparently....."
In response to Reply # 0

They sent out an email last night to the parents...happened back in November...
She was a new kid (my daughters been there since she was 1 years old), so I think i'd only met them on the first day of the school year back in September. I only vaguely remember meeting him...he was an older white guy, super friendly, almost creepy...but only because I get creeped out/suspicious when white people are overly friendly.....

Anyway...they sent out a link to his bio and it kinda fcked me up reading it....

First off, dude was only like 3 years older than me at 44 years old. I SWEAR I remember thinking he was like 50 years old based on how he looked.

2nd off, dude had MAD accomplishments...like...he'd done a LOTTA shit in his short lifetime.

Got me to thinking about how MY bio would read if I was suddenly gone tomorrow. THAT'S some sobering shit. I can't even imagine my bio being half as long as his was. SMH...

3rd off, I don't even know WHO'D write my bio! I'm facing the fact that I simply don't have a large circle. At ALL. I can count on 1 hand the number of people that KNOW me know me...like..know how I tick. And even of those folks, I think they would all have to collaborate and compare notes to really get a full understanding of how I tick... Looking back over the past 17 years...it's like I just have not had opportunity/taken opportunity to expand my circle. At 41, I doubt it's even something I could achieve at this point...who knows...

So I type all that to say...shit...I don't even know...it's CW...so yeah, that's why I typed it I guess...

"Get ready....for your blessing....."

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Wed Dec-13-17 09:12 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "The only help I need is unprofessional (c) lauryn Hill "
In response to Reply # 0

lauryn said something along the lines of
“fantasy is what people want but reality is what they need”
“I’ve retired from the fantasy part”....

me too...

I pride myself of following rules
yet I haven’t been
due to being in a new environment
trying to save money
but mostly because I’m without guidance
I’m a person that needs to be told what to do...

my license was suspended!
because I never registered the car in NC
I wouldn’t care; however, we may not be able to register the truck I purchased for the business.

my heart is heavy. I pray God hears me...

Okayplayer is my therapist...

tariqhu
Charter member
17882 posts
Wed Dec-13-17 02:14 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "wanted to punch a guy at the gym monday."
In response to Reply # 0

my son 8 and under bball team had practice on monday. they normally have 2 coaches, but this time a 3rd joined.

he seemed cool at first. he was more aggressive than the other two, but in a good way. he was also more handsy. not a big deal. he pat my son on the butt. my eyes perked up but didn't put much into it. the other coaches grab/move players, but haven't done the sports butt pat. had to explain to my son that it didn't mean he was in trouble and just a sports thing.

later during a scrimmage, this coach comes to sit near my wife and I. I smelled alcohol coming from him. I get it. folks will drank a lil something, but don't come to the gym like that.

the other issue tho....there was a lil girl, maybe 6, running around playing with the boys. not a big deal, even though she had on what amounts to a cat suit. maybe it was halloween custom since it had batman on the front? not real sure cuz I aint looking too closely.

as practice ends, I hear this coach talking to the boys that were hanging out with lil girl. he way basically saying to them that they were scared or had no game.

felt bad after I got home cuz I should've said something to him, but really wanted to lay him out. I'll be sure to talk to the gym folks when I go back tomorrow.

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

willi_dudat
Member since Jul 26th 2005
8272 posts
Wed Dec-13-17 02:17 PM

4. "so..."
In response to Reply # 0

i started listenin to jim rohn and les brown and sht like that while im busying myself with chores or a workout

to kinda try and motivate me to do sht i like doin but ain't been doin cause im lightweight depressed

at humanity and the constant folly of life and the fact that we're literally the blind leading the blind as a society

i'm seriously working internally to clear up my thoughts though.

sweah' i need to just turn everything off.

"It's the return of the gangsta, thanks ta..."

-du

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49394 posts
Wed Dec-13-17 02:26 PM

5. "Should I elbow my way into this fight?"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Dec-13-17 02:27 PM by Buddy_Gilapagos

So my nieces go to this private school and I find out my nieces little friend is getting bullied by this wealthy white boy. I seen the text and they have language like "n word b*tch". Reading the shit made my blood boil.

The boy was suspended but we don't think that's enough. Kid should be expelled. The rumor my niece heard is that the victim was told to not mention it or she might lose her scholarship.

The mother isn't sure what to do and I begged my sister in law to put me in touch with the mother so I can be her advocate at the school. I'd attend as a guardian of my niece and be there to discuss with the school how they are handling the situation.

Mother has not called yet. This is the type of fight I was born and trained to fight...but not sure I can just interject myself into the situation.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

willi_dudat
Member since Jul 26th 2005
8272 posts
Wed Dec-13-17 02:36 PM

7. "absolutely. get em!"
In response to Reply # 5

!

"It's the return of the gangsta, thanks ta..."

-du

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13565 posts
Wed Dec-13-17 02:37 PM

8. "Maybe not elbow, but a smooth, firm push in"
In response to Reply # 5
Wed Dec-13-17 02:37 PM by flipnile

I'm sure you know this already, but I doubt the parents do: EVERYTHING needs to be documented from here on out. I have no doubt the school will look at your niece's friend as the "problem" and the good ol' boy as the one really being picked on. It'll be easier for them to get rid of her than him. The parents should be building a file for the nuclear option (court).

tariqhu
Charter member
17882 posts
Wed Dec-13-17 02:38 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
9. "looks like waiting is the best option"
In response to Reply # 5

until you get the go ahead. sounds like a fight needs to be had tho.

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Wed Dec-13-17 03:03 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
12. "damn. I want this for you..."
In response to Reply # 5

shout out OKP when you’re on CNN lol

kittyswift
Charter member
14951 posts
Wed Dec-13-17 02:31 PM

6. "i found a lump in my left boob and I'm scared AF"
In response to Reply # 0

________
"promise yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind"-cl

BEFORE YOU JUDGE ME, make sure you're perfect.

"I'm hella Black, and irresponsibility ain't my culture. Yall niggas just gon have to own that as individuals"- Boo

flipnile
13565 posts
Wed Dec-13-17 02:38 PM

10. "It's probably just a bruise"
In response to Reply # 6
Wed Dec-13-17 02:38 PM by flipnile

*wishful thinking*

Either way, we got your back.

*hugs*

tariqhu
Charter member
17882 posts
Wed Dec-13-17 02:39 PM

11. "hopefully its not what you may think it is."
In response to Reply # 6

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Wed Dec-13-17 03:06 PM

13. "be strong and of good courage Sis..."
In response to Reply # 6

jaboonday
Member since Aug 09th 2002
11293 posts
Thu Dec-14-17 05:15 PM

18. "Peace fam -- my sister had the same and it came back benign"
In response to Reply # 6

Don't wait though - get it checked out! Prayers for you.

R.I.P. Dilla 1974-2006

Seven
Member since Dec 11th 2004
10708 posts
Thu Dec-14-17 09:37 PM

22. "More than likely benign but scary nonetheless. "
In response to Reply # 6

...please check it out ASAP tho . More for you to have some peace of mind than anything else

Effa
Charter member
29371 posts
Wed Dec-13-17 04:19 PM

14. "got a 7% raise while not caring about shit"
In response to Reply # 0

idk how but i did.

not saying i don't get my shit done, i do. but theres a ton of things i need to do and i don't get to all of them so the attitude the last 6 months has been fuck it.

i'll get in when i get in, your asses gonna need me no matter when i start so whats the point of rushing. add in that I probably have to work off hours to fix the shit anyways.

been going on J rides on my 2 hours breaks which i NEVER used to do especially here...

i'm still grossly underpaid for what i do but hey.

Not giving a fuck can pay off sometimes.

flipnile
13565 posts
Wed Dec-13-17 05:00 PM

15. "Trayvon Martin's manslaughter still bothers me the most"
In response to Reply # 0

Nothing has reinforced the idea that black people are seen as sub-human in the US more than this. I still see people on the internet make vague references in support of Zimmerman or the outcome of his trial. Literally makes me rage inside.

Dstl1
Charter member
56226 posts
Wed Dec-13-17 06:04 PM

16. "man, if you listen to podcasts at all..."
In response to Reply # 15

ESPN has 30 for 30 podcast. It's in it's second season, now. The 2nd or 3rd ep of the season is called "Hoodies Up". It's basically how that photo with the Heat in the hotel ballroom came about. They rehashed some details about his killing that I had forgotten about. They talked to his father. Shit hurt me. I cried a little bit. My son just turned 16. He could be Trayvon Martin.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Riot
Member since May 25th 2005
14614 posts
Wed Dec-13-17 11:59 PM

17. "tamir rice "
In response to Reply # 15

literally EVERYTHING about that was wrong

and it was over in 3 seconds

)))--####---###--(((

bunda
<-.-> ^_^ \^0^/
get busy living, or get busy dying.

flipnile
13565 posts
Thu Dec-14-17 05:49 PM

20. "Yeah, man. Children being killed and dehumanized really bothers me"
In response to Reply # 17

Just pulled up a photo of Tamir, and damn. Just hurts to even think about.

flipnile
13565 posts
Thu Dec-14-17 05:40 PM

19. "I mentioned wanting some rural land so i could shoot rockets to a friend..."
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Dec-14-17 05:42 PM by flipnile

...and he gave me a crazy look, his voice got low, and he called me "crazy." Said I'm a wild dude, etc. I realized that while I'm thinking this:

https://www.wikihow.com/images/thumb/7/72/Build-a-Bottle-Rocket-Step-21.jpg/aid337097-v4-728px-Build-a-Bottle-Rocket-Step-21.jpg

Dude was thinking this:
http://www.bhmpics.com/walls/at4_rocket_launcher-other.jpg

I rarely share certain things with people because of reactions like that. I had a similar thing with camping. Living in one of the more violent big cities in the US, and a friend just can't wrap his mind around camping "why would I want to do that? That's CRAZY! You trying to get killed!"

Anyway, the point of all this is that if you *really* want to do something, some times you'll have to do it all alone because others don't have the same perspective that you have.

KiloMcG
Member since Jan 01st 2008
27561 posts
Thu Dec-14-17 08:32 PM

21. "Fam, I'm gettin fat. "
In response to Reply # 0

It bothers the hell outta me, but I don't do a damn thing to change it.

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Fri Dec-15-17 10:24 AM

23. "LMAO I visualize what I'd look like doing some weighlifting,..."
In response to Reply # 21

yoga, and swimming. I do that while I'm vegged out on the couch with a drank in one hand and the remote in the other.

So, yeah. I understand.

KiloMcG
27561 posts
Fri Dec-15-17 11:02 AM

28. "It's terrible, man. I got clothes that don't fit around the middle right..."
In response to Reply # 23

It's not supposed to be like this. After I broke my collarbone I've been super lazy with any type of physical activity. Not being able to play soccer was a part of it. Thankfully I'm starting that back in January.

But then I look in the mirror and start feeling bad about myself and then eat and drink the depression. It's effed up. I gotta change something.

Dstl1
Charter member
56226 posts
Fri Dec-15-17 01:38 PM

30. "the first step is the hardest, fam..."
In response to Reply # 28

one day you will just have to kick yourself in the ass and go do something one time...then you'll remember how good it felt. Just get over that initial hump.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

KiloMcG
27561 posts
Fri Dec-15-17 02:38 PM

31. "Haha oh I know it "
In response to Reply # 30

And once I get going I'm good.

But it also doesn't take much to get me off track, then I'm right back where I am now.

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Fri Dec-15-17 10:38 AM

24. "yeah..."
In response to Reply # 21
Fri Dec-15-17 11:01 AM by Trinity444

last night I spent the evening with some young girls
26, 28 and 30
each having a body of a goddess

I never felt so out of place...

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44614 posts
Fri Dec-15-17 10:45 AM

25. "pics?"
In response to Reply # 24

"Get ready....for your blessing....."

Dstl1
Charter member
56226 posts
Fri Dec-15-17 10:57 AM

26. "lulz"
In response to Reply # 25

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Fri Dec-15-17 11:00 AM

27. "lol."

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16412 posts
Fri Dec-15-17 01:22 PM

29. "OKP GD - Giving you true thirst since 1999"

Lobby General Discussion topic #13219918 Previous topic | Next topic