Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13218312

Subject: ""we're putting the band back together"" Previous topic | Next topic
PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Wed Dec-06-17 02:07 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
""we're putting the band back together""

that was an impressive show yesterday of the love and family this place has built and fostered over the years... in my experience there is no online community that compares to this one... there is no internet experience that surpasses what OKP has been in my life

When I die y'all likely won't even hear about it...I live in a far NW corner and don't mess with hardly anybody in RL cause of it... I might be too depressed to let you guys know if Shimmy kicks it before I do but if it happens I'll try and in reality I'll probably cry and moan about it in multiple poasts per day and get myself thrown in the banned box.

several years ago I gave myself a tattoo on my left ankle of a skull with RIP under it... as time goes by it reminds me of more and more people... we're all gonna get there eventually and to the ones who've made it Love, Respect and RIP.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I love you PG...
Dec 06th 2017
back at you
Dec 06th 2017
this was very sweet
Dec 06th 2017
this place moves me
Dec 06th 2017
that last paragraph resonates
Dec 06th 2017
yes
Dec 06th 2017
thank you for this. (n/m)
Dec 06th 2017
and thank you for your work here
Dec 06th 2017
much love to you and Shimmy. miss you guys
Dec 06th 2017
miss you too
Dec 06th 2017
      thank you...i appreciate that so much
Dec 12th 2017
I'll say it will you are alive. I appreciate you.
Dec 06th 2017
aww shucks
Dec 06th 2017
There's really no place quite like this place. I'm glad to be a part of ...
Dec 06th 2017
Agreed 100%
Dec 12th 2017

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Wed Dec-06-17 02:19 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I love you PG..."
In response to Reply # 0

**sits back down**

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Wed Dec-06-17 04:11 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "back at you"
In response to Reply # 1

I saw your poast yesterday... I commiserated and gave you a big mental hug.. I feel you.. it's a constant struggle with ebbs and flows, it can't be helped but we endure and must never let it get right on top of us.

Shim and I have a ton of things in our lexicon and one of them is this... there are stray dogs in India that live in such heavily polluted areas that they actually turn blue.. so we always remind ourselves whatever it is it's better than being a blue dog in India.

rdhull
Charter member
33139 posts
Wed Dec-06-17 02:24 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "this was very sweet"
In response to Reply # 0

>that was an impressive show yesterday of the love and family
>this place has built and fostered over the years... in my
>experience there is no online community that compares to this
>one... there is no internet experience that surpasses what OKP
>has been in my life
>
>When I die y'all likely won't even hear about it...I live in a
>far NW corner and don't mess with hardly anybody in RL cause
>of it... I might be too depressed to let you guys know if
>Shimmy kicks it before I do but if it happens I'll try and in
>reality I'll probably cry and moan about it in multiple poasts
>per day and get myself thrown in the banned box.
>
>several years ago I gave myself a tattoo on my left ankle of a
>skull with RIP under it... as time goes by it reminds me of
>more and more people... we're all gonna get there eventually
>and to the ones who've made it Love, Respect and RIP.
>

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Wed Dec-06-17 04:50 PM

8. "this place moves me"
In response to Reply # 2

for all it's snark when it comes right down to it this place is solid.

T Reynolds
Member since Apr 16th 2007
42760 posts
Wed Dec-06-17 03:03 PM

3. "that last paragraph resonates"
In response to Reply # 0

>several years ago I gave myself a tattoo on my left ankle of a
>skull with RIP under it... as time goes by it reminds me of
>more and more people... we're all gonna get there eventually
>and to the ones who've made it Love, Respect and RIP.
>

just bought this fabric https://palehorse.myshopify.com/products/practice-dying-talisman-cloth not to decorate or put up or anything but to keep as a reminder.

For me it was about practicing jiujitsu, since so much of it emulates calmness in the face of what feels like death (choking, lack of breath, pain, overall sweaty misery) and the release from former concerns it brings you over time

My father always instilled a certain detached-ness about dying with me. It was one of the tenets of Buddhism I think he tried to practice. But yeah, death of ego, working to accept death in life, all that stuff is great for your spirit I think.

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Wed Dec-06-17 04:51 PM

9. "yes"
In response to Reply # 3

exactly..

man I like that hanging... just threw it on my christmas list.

CyrenYoung
Charter member
34204 posts
Wed Dec-06-17 03:20 PM

4. "thank you for this. (n/m)"
In response to Reply # 0

*skatin' the rings of saturn*

..and miles to go before i sleep...

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Wed Dec-06-17 04:54 PM

10. "and thank you for your work here"
In response to Reply # 4

this place would've gone off the rails completely ages ago if it weren't for you and other mods holding it down.

Damali
Member since Sep 12th 2002
35865 posts
Wed Dec-06-17 03:50 PM

5. "much love to you and Shimmy. miss you guys "
In response to Reply # 0

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Wed Dec-06-17 04:59 PM

11. "miss you too"
In response to Reply # 5

it's been a wild bunch of years big highs and lows.. I see you.. keep your head up you'll be killing it all again so.

Damali
Member since Sep 12th 2002
35865 posts
Tue Dec-12-17 11:20 AM

14. "thank you...i appreciate that so much"
In response to Reply # 11

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49429 posts
Wed Dec-06-17 04:07 PM

6. "I'll say it will you are alive. I appreciate you. "
In response to Reply # 0

You a left field dude who isn't dissauded based on posting stuff that might not get the biggest reactions.

Aren't you the dude who does the remix of OKP topic titles? That's a joke that kills me every time that I can't share with anyone. Like I can't turn to my wife and be like "yo, this dude took the top 3 topics on the OKP general page and mixed them up in a hilarious way". But I laugh everytime.

Also you had me thinking you were a time traveler with them time travel post (that was you too right?).

Anyway, I expect this place to close down any day now and I will move on to other places but I think you nailed it that this place will be the formative and most important social media destination of my life.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Wed Dec-06-17 05:08 PM

12. "aww shucks"
In response to Reply # 6

Thanks Buddy!!

I appreciate you too man.

you pegged me there with all that... Left field all day all night. the title mangles always crack me up.. I had to back off from the time travelling when I started realizing how messed up the future was becoming and how hard it was not to give spoilers.

This place is like the cradle of social media civilization... there was a time when it was easy to be convinced that we were setting all the trends.

KiloMcG
Member since Jan 01st 2008
27561 posts
Wed Dec-06-17 08:24 PM

13. "There's really no place quite like this place. I'm glad to be a part of ..."
In response to Reply # 0

The impact and influence that this place has had and continues to have on me is honestly unexplainable to others who aren't a part of it. My wife kinda gets it, but not really. She's actually met more okps in person than I have by one (I still haven't met steph even though she's from Richmond, but my wife did haha). The "we family" thing resonates with me so strong. I got love for all of you. This place is amazing.

13Rose
Charter member
19379 posts
Tue Dec-12-17 11:39 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
15. "Agreed 100%"
In response to Reply # 13

The impact this place has had on me can't be overstated. Every mate I've had since I joined has heard about it or seen the boards up on my screen at one time or another. I'm grateful for this place and the people in it. Love y'all.

This post was paid for by the following.

www.twitter.com/13Rose
www.debunkthemyth.org
http://dashaunworld.wordpress.com/
www.mothergreen.com

Remember MJ The Great!
PSN: ThirteenRose

Lobby General Discussion topic #13218312 Previous topic | Next topic