Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13212613

Subject: "Another day, another mass shooting. North Cali" Previous topic | Next topic
legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79621 posts
Tue Nov-14-17 03:15 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Another day, another mass shooting. North Cali"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/least-3-dead-northern-california-shooting-ended-elementary-school-193706664.html

https://twitter.com/DanSnyderFOX25/status/930495118141984768/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs.yimg.com%2Fos%2Fyc%2Fhtml%2Fembed-iframe-min.2d7621e2.html

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
GOP: "Thoughts and Prayers" 🙄
Nov 14th 2017
no travel bans or walls built or cops hired or lectures of the black com...
Nov 14th 2017
      Obviously, we need to understand all of the facts before we...
Nov 14th 2017
cali native and i had to look up tehama county on the google
Nov 14th 2017
Failure in the system, but the guy doesn't even see it:
Nov 14th 2017
how do you know he didn't report it?
Nov 14th 2017
      fair enough, I don't know if he reported it or not...
Nov 14th 2017
awl day...err day (c)
Nov 14th 2017
45 has (another) brain fart...
Nov 15th 2017
goodness
Nov 15th 2017
Dude probably uses Microsoft Word templates for this
Nov 15th 2017
That auto fill yo
Nov 15th 2017
Shooter's wife found dead under the floorboards (swipe)
Nov 15th 2017
Dude stabbed one of his neighbors in JANUARY
Nov 15th 2017
      His ex wife said she wasn’t surprised at all
Nov 16th 2017
Northern cali is a strange place man
Nov 16th 2017
Looks like the shooter MADE his guns. How they gonna ban that?
Nov 16th 2017

Innocent Criminal
Member since May 03rd 2003
14586 posts
Tue Nov-14-17 03:17 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "GOP: "Thoughts and Prayers" 🙄"
In response to Reply # 0

DJR
Member since Jan 01st 2005
18641 posts
Tue Nov-14-17 04:22 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "no travel bans or walls built or cops hired or lectures of the black com..."
In response to Reply # 1

Just thoughts and prayers?

No talk about guns? It’s still not the right time?

Oh.

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13575 posts
Tue Nov-14-17 04:25 PM

5. "Obviously, we need to understand all of the facts before we..."
In response to Reply # 4

...jump to conclusions. Perhaps mental illness or the side effects of prescription medication. Certainly, this is an isolated case and not a trend that's occurring.

Flash80
Member since Jan 03rd 2007
6953 posts
Tue Nov-14-17 03:20 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "cali native and i had to look up tehama county on the google"
In response to Reply # 0

definitely Trump's California.

flipnile
13575 posts
Tue Nov-14-17 03:35 PM

3. "Failure in the system, but the guy doesn't even see it:"
In response to Reply # 0

“The crazy thing is that the neighbor has been shooting a lot of bullets lately, hundreds of rounds, large magazines,” Flint said. “This guy has been crazy, and he’s been threatening us and everything. I just feel like there maybe should have been more effort put into stopping things like this.”

Ok... so he's "crazy" and "been threatening" you (as well as other people) presumably with guns, but yet told no one, filed no report, etc. The has such a huge blind spot that "there maybe should have been more effort put into stopping things like this."

Yet, dude sat by and did NOTHING, even after being threatened.

I guess he was waiting on the omnipresent .gov to read the shooter's mind and behaviour and step in at the right moment. People don't take responsibility, just like the wife of the Texas shooter that didn't report his abuse.

GOMEZ
Member since Feb 13th 2003
5614 posts
Tue Nov-14-17 05:47 PM

7. "how do you know he didn't report it?"
In response to Reply # 3

i got the impression that he had reported the threats, but it's kind of tough to say for sure either way based on the clip they showed.

In a generation of swine, the one-eyed pig is king.
-Hunter S. Thompson

flipnile
13575 posts
Tue Nov-14-17 07:07 PM

8. "fair enough, I don't know if he reported it or not..."
In response to Reply # 7

I really wanted to make a broader point about the people closest to these shooters being the ones most likely to see patterns of alarming behavior. Being threatened by someone brandishing a firearm (or "letting you know they have one") is pretty serious.

What makes it really tough is these shooter seem like (to me, at least) they are on suicide missions, so patterns might not even exist. As far as I know, none have had any escape plans, hideouts, etc. prepared. Just grab the guns one day and head out.

mikediggz
Member since Dec 02nd 2003
10145 posts
Tue Nov-14-17 04:48 PM

6. "awl day...err day (c)"
In response to Reply # 0

Pete Burns
Member since Oct 18th 2005
5446 posts
Wed Nov-15-17 07:17 AM

9. "45 has (another) brain fart..."
In response to Reply # 0

https://twitter.com/HoarseWisperer/status/930658745784381441

Dstl1
Charter member
56233 posts
Wed Nov-15-17 07:32 AM

10. "goodness"
In response to Reply # 9

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

flipnile
13575 posts
Wed Nov-15-17 07:40 AM

11. "Dude probably uses Microsoft Word templates for this"
In response to Reply # 10
Wed Nov-15-17 07:40 AM by flipnile

Next one's gonna be:

"May God be with the people of {TOWN OR COUNTY NAME HERE}..."

legsdiamond
79621 posts
Wed Nov-15-17 08:36 AM

12. "That auto fill yo"
In response to Reply # 9

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

flipnile
13575 posts
Wed Nov-15-17 11:00 PM

13. "Shooter's wife found dead under the floorboards (swipe)"
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/official-calif-shooters-wife-found-dead-concealed-under-the-floorboards/

RED BLUFF, Calif. -- Investigators in Tehama County spent much of the day Tuesday looking for the wife of a man who was shot dead by law enforcement after going on a rampage in a small northern California town, killing five and injuring nine others.

Ultimately, her's was the final death attributed to gunman Kevin Janson Neal. Her body was found beneath floorboards in his Rancho Tehama Reserve home, Tehama County Assistant Sheriff Phil Johnston said at a press conference Wednesday. Neighbors told investigators Tuesday that they believed there was a domestic violence incident at Neal's home the day before.

"We believe that's probably what started this whole event," Johnston said.

It's not clear what happened in the hours between when officials say Neal murdered his wife and began his shooting spree at 7:54 a.m. Tuesday, but Johnston said Neal's attempt to cover up his wife's body was apparent.

"There was a hole cut in the floor ... we're confident that he murdered her, shot her at some point on Monday, and just put her body in the hole in the floor and just covered it up," Johnston said.

The shooting rampage spanned seven scenes. The first two people Neal shot and killed were neighbors before he stole their truck and sought seemingly random victims elsewhere, including an elementary school, where he was locked out.

A total of six people died, including Neal, who was shot and killed by police, and nine were injured, including seven children, Johnston said. Four of the children were at the school during the incident, and suffered injuries "ranging from very minor to life threatening," Johnston said.

One child remains in critical condition.

"This individual was driving down the road choosing targets. He chased people in the vehicle, shooting at them," Johnston said.

Sarah Gonzales had just dropped off her daughter at Rancho Tehama Elementary School when the gunman blocked her car, CBS News correspondent Jamie Yuccas reports.

"He pretty much stopped me and shot at me three times through his windshield," Gonzales said.

When he stopped firing, she said he continued toward the school. School officials heard gunshots and made a critical decision to lock it down.

"The quick action of those school officials, there is no doubt in my mind, saved countless lives," Tehama County Assistant Sheriff Phil Johnston said.

The gunman tried to enter the school but couldn't get in. He fired about 30 rounds in six minutes before he took off.

A short time later, a patrol car rammed the suspect's vehicle. Officers then opened fire and killed him.

Neal had been charged with stabbing one of the slain neighbors in January, and Neal's mother told the Associated Press she posted the $160,000 bail for him and had spent over $10,000 on lawyer's fees. Neal had been involved in a long-running dispute with his neighbors, the woman said.

The mother, who spoke on condition she be named only as Anne because she fears for her safety, said her son told her the neighbor was slightly cut after Neal grabbed a steak knife out of the hand of the neighbor who was threatening him with it.

The head of the area's homeowners association said neighbors had been complaining about Neal firing guns excessively on the property, which sits at the end of a dirt road.

The mother wept as she told The Associated Press she spoke to Neal on the phone on Monday.

"Mom it's all over now," she said he told her. "I have done everything I could do and I am fighting against everyone who lives in this area."

She said Neal apologized to her during their brief conversation, she thought for all the money she had spent on him, saying he was "on a cliff" and the people around him were trying to "execute" him.

"I think the motive of getting even with his neighbors and when it went that far - he just went on a rampage," Johnston said.

flipnile
13575 posts
Wed Nov-15-17 11:06 PM

14. "Dude stabbed one of his neighbors in JANUARY"
In response to Reply # 13
Wed Nov-15-17 11:07 PM by flipnile

"Neal had been charged with stabbing one of the slain neighbors in January"

Charges. For a violent crime. Yet he was still out shooting and threatening folks?

Here's a California law that's apparently on the books JUST for instances like this: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/12/31/new-california-law-allows-police-to-seize-guns-without-notice.html

Edit: Only 21 days? They might have seized his weapons then returned them in that time frame.

legsdiamond
79621 posts
Thu Nov-16-17 08:41 AM

15. "His ex wife said she wasn’t surprised at all"
In response to Reply # 14

Said dude was bat shit crazy

Amritsar
Member since Jan 18th 2008
32093 posts
Thu Nov-16-17 09:33 AM

16. "Northern cali is a strange place man"
In response to Reply # 0

talking anything north of the bay area. It gets weirder the further north you go lol

You got hardcore white power extremist groups

Old hippies who just wanna get high (Humboldt County)

"Trimmigrants" - People from all walks of life who move up there to work the trimming season. Trimming weed crops

Organized growers who you DO NOT want to stumble across on your lovely afternoon hike with your girl.

If you're driving north on the 101 from the Bay, there's whole towns you do not want to even stop in. I got off the highway in Garberville (a little south of Eureka) once to get gas and EVERYBODY was looking at me. Could tell I wasn't a local or a trimmigrant.

flipnile
13575 posts
Thu Nov-16-17 05:24 PM

17. "Looks like the shooter MADE his guns. How they gonna ban that?"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Nov-16-17 05:26 PM by flipnile

AKA, they can't. Unless they start banning parts too (how are people going to fix their legal firearms then?) I think the barrel and slide are the only parts that are legally restricted.

Dude's guns WERE seized when he was charged last January. He went out and bought parts and put a few together for himself (unregistered, off the grid).

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/nation_world/20171116_ap_5d590746d692431281249fe4d6d60695.html

Lobby General Discussion topic #13212613 Previous topic | Next topic