Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13211765

Subject: "TENS of thousands of Nationalist Poles marched on their capital yesterda..." Previous topic | Next topic
MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Sat Nov-11-17 07:15 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"TENS of thousands of Nationalist Poles marched on their capital yesterda..."
Sat Nov-11-17 07:19 PM by MEAT

In support of purging minorities. Under the guise of an Independence Day march.

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/polish-nationalist-youth-march-draws-thousands-in-capital-1510429006

Yikes

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
i was reading october last weekend and the first chapter,
Nov 11th 2017
You'd think with the proliferation of digital pictures people would be s...
Nov 11th 2017
RE: TENS of thousands of Nationalist Poles marched on their capital yest...
Nov 12th 2017

rob
Charter member
23210 posts
Sat Nov-11-17 07:48 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "i was reading october last weekend and the first chapter,"
In response to Reply # 0

where it's just pogrom after pogrom, reminded me that history is just littered with that. despite growing up with massacres on the news, knowing america's story, i bought into the narrative that we were past that.

it's taken 2016-7 to wake me up, shit.

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Sat Nov-11-17 07:55 PM

2. "You'd think with the proliferation of digital pictures people would be s..."
In response to Reply # 1

eager to fight. But I think it's the opposite. I think a lot of these folks believe they're the underdogs. That they're fighting the continued fights of their ancestors.

I guess we'll see where that goes.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

Heat
Charter member
708 posts
Sun Nov-12-17 10:25 AM

3. "RE: TENS of thousands of Nationalist Poles marched on their capital yest..."
In response to Reply # 0

I happened to be in Warsaw this passed weekend and witnessed the independence parade. A few colleagues and I were off to find food when our taxis halted and asked we make the rest of the trip by foot due to the cordened off areas which is when we witnessed the military parade

I was totally unaware of this protest and fortunately for us, we left the city early Saturday morning

Lobby General Discussion topic #13211765 Previous topic | Next topic