Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13207685

Subject: "White Freshman who rubbed used tampons on roommate's bag arrested" Previous topic | Next topic
Boogie Stimuli
Member since Sep 24th 2010
14084 posts
Wed Nov-01-17 04:15 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"White Freshman who rubbed used tampons on roommate's bag arrested"

Stuck her roomie's toothbrush up her rectum and other sick stuff.
This story is wild as hell.
Do you think this should be considered a hate crime?

(Swipe)
https://thetab.com/us/2017/11/01/white-freshman-brags-about-rubbing-used-tampons-on-her-black-roomm-73531

White freshman who rubbed used tampons on her black roommate’s bag gets arrested

She boasted about getting rid of her ‘Jamaican Barbie’

Brianna Brochu, a white student who bragged about harassing her black roommate by rubbing used tampons on her bag, pouring moldy clam dip in her lotion and putting her toothbrush inside her rectum, has been arrested.

Brochu, a freshman at the University of Hartford, posted on Instagram about how she "finally got rid of her roommate," who she referred to as "Jamaican Barbie."

Tonight, the university confirmed they have arrested her, calling the reports "disturbing."

Chennel "Jazzy" Rowe, the freshman roommate of Brochu, revealed the shocking allegations in a Facebook video.

In it, she describes "getting sick" while being given the cold shoulder by the roommate.

"It started with throat pain," she explained. "I thought maybe because it’s colder up here, I’m just catching a cold. After a month it got to the point where I had extreme throat pain that I couldn’t sleep, to the point where I couldn’t speak."

"I'm spending my own money that my parents give me for food and groceries, the health centre on campus is not free – in fact they're expensive." In the post, Jazzy explained that her tests would come back negative. She was prescribed antibiotics by the campus doctor for the bacteria in her throat.

Then, after a rocky relationship between the two persisted (Rowe says in her video how Brochu would come into their room and turn off the lights if Rowe was working there), she decided to move out.

As she was leaving, Rowe discovered Instagram posts by her roommate, who boasted about messing with her to make her ill.

Brochu posted:

"Finally did it yo girl got rid of her roommate!! After 1 1/12 month of spitting in her coconut oil, putting moldy clam dip in her lotions, rubbing used tampons on her backpack, putting her toothbrush places where the sun doesn't shine and so much more I can finally say goodbye Jamaican Barbie."

Brianna Brochu's post on Instagram

Her Instagram is now marked private.

Hartford confirmed a student has been arrested in relation to this incident, adding they will "strictly follow our disciplinary process."

"We are currently in communication with the student and her family," they added.

We have contacted Brochu and Howe for comment, and will update when we hear back.

~
~
~
~
~
Days like this I miss Sha Mecca

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Yes, hate crime.
Nov 01st 2017
Nasty bitch
Nov 01st 2017
my, initial, gut reaction is...hands...
Nov 01st 2017
right, FUCK THAT BITCH UP
Nov 01st 2017
^^
Nov 01st 2017
https://i.imgur.com/xwCsi7J.gif
Mar 13th 2018
OMFG
Nov 01st 2017
Disgusting bitch
Nov 01st 2017
My first thought from the title was a dude waking up to a bloody tampon....
Nov 01st 2017
definitely a hate crime
Nov 01st 2017
how she (the perp) ain't in somebody's ICU is beyond me
Nov 01st 2017
Officially gone (link/swipe)
Nov 01st 2017
Good, but they really do need to up those charges.
Nov 01st 2017
My first thought is always: Who raised this piece of shit????
Nov 01st 2017
This right here is "white privilege" run amok imo...
Nov 01st 2017
      With White women being the biggest beneficiaries.
Nov 02nd 2017
why are stories like these so common amongst young women in college?
Nov 01st 2017
mean girls
Nov 02nd 2017
She keistered the toothbrush? With the bristle side?
Nov 01st 2017
I bet after the first time she looked forward to it
Nov 02nd 2017
      Aww Fa'sho, ..you know her anal-bead game type RIGHTEOUS right now!
Mar 13th 2018
I would fuck her up.
Nov 02nd 2017
SHE REALLY POSTED IT ON IG!!!!!!!!!!! Like......I know some
Nov 02nd 2017
for some reason people think social media won't do them in
Nov 02nd 2017
Like....I honestly don't get it.
Nov 02nd 2017
clients have had probation revoked bc they snitched on FB.
Nov 02nd 2017
      *Facepalm* Damn idiots LOL
Nov 02nd 2017
white women are wild smh.
Nov 02nd 2017
"how is this racist though?" "why bring up race?"
Nov 02nd 2017
The length they go to excuse racist behavior is disgusting
Nov 02nd 2017
“Media race baiting to divide us”
Nov 03rd 2017
Except the perpetrator of the story is not exactly of "the right"
Nov 05th 2017
      I'm talking about in general
Nov 05th 2017
      nah..
Nov 06th 2017
White-naivete is just as bad as racism itself...
Mar 13th 2018
yup. hate crime and some tier of assault at the least
Nov 02nd 2017
White Freshman gets probation after rubbing bloody tampons on roommate's...
Mar 13th 2018
A problem with Racism is that you would have a very difficult
Mar 13th 2018
It's only hard or difficult to convince white people because they want
Mar 13th 2018
      RE: They know and understand what's going on with racism.
Mar 13th 2018
Chennel “Jazzy” Rowe,
Mar 13th 2018
      Because religion has programmed Black people to be forgiving
Mar 13th 2018
      so true.
Mar 13th 2018
      Christian religion(to be more surgical).
Mar 13th 2018
      ecc 3:8
Mar 13th 2018
           Forest for da trees?
Mar 13th 2018
                as in: what you smokin?
Mar 13th 2018
                     Whatchu got on it?
Mar 13th 2018
      Only when it comes to White people.
Mar 14th 2018
           When it’s our own people we be out in the steeet with our cousins
Mar 14th 2018
      Meanwhile Brochu's people looking out for her
Mar 13th 2018
of course she posted it on IG
Mar 13th 2018
a special form of probation ----- what is that???
Mar 13th 2018
Damn, don't know how I missed this.....
Mar 13th 2018
this is losing the whole cookbook AND the stove
Mar 13th 2018
      SUN!
Mar 13th 2018
black people need to get back to just beating ass.
Mar 13th 2018

KiloMcG
Member since Jan 01st 2008
27561 posts
Wed Nov-01-17 06:29 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Yes, hate crime. "
In response to Reply # 0

Fuck that bitch.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79827 posts
Wed Nov-01-17 06:51 AM

2. "Nasty bitch"
In response to Reply # 0

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Dstl1
Charter member
56245 posts
Wed Nov-01-17 07:51 AM

3. "my, initial, gut reaction is...hands..."
In response to Reply # 0

pure, unadulterated hands. I'm talking about a life-altering, worldview changing kind of asswhoopin. But...truthfully...I would like to see this prosecuted as a hate crime. Expulsion, payback of all medical bills plus pain and suffering and a criminal record for all future employers to see. This isn't some kind of cute, college prank. This is a crime. Trifling ass little girl...and dumb enough to put it out on social media. That roommate shit is real, too. My daughter had to check a couple girls her freshman year in the dorms. She had girls on her floor and in her suite that had never encountered black girls before. Nothing ever too crazy...just some ground rules laid out. This shit, though...unreal.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

GROOVEPHI
Charter member
10630 posts
Wed Nov-01-17 08:15 AM

7. "right, FUCK THAT BITCH UP"
In response to Reply # 3

SooperEgo
Charter member
11338 posts
Wed Nov-01-17 03:43 PM

16. "^^"
In response to Reply # 3

NoDrawls McGraw
Member since Jun 24th 2007
12122 posts
Tue Mar-13-18 01:09 PM

44. "https://i.imgur.com/xwCsi7J.gif"
In response to Reply # 3

https://i.imgur.com/xwCsi7J.gif

Shorty need dem HANDZ -AND- prosecution. Da whole shit.
I'm talkin, call up yo sistaz/cuddiez/homegirlz from'na block....AWALLEM type HANDZ.

Oh....

you thought we was done, Sun?

NOPE!

Den *after da prosecution, fly a kite to ya peoplez inna bing and tell DEM ninjettez the deal(dey be havin smartphones inna joint, let Sparkle, Dominique 'nem see da Instagram joints)...my ninja, MO HANDZ. Dem been lockdown for a minute, sexually-frustrated tension built-up handz at dat...

And since Amber game for da sphincter-play, have Sparkle & Dominique force her to toss dem salads dem ...AFTER da bubblegutz, sans wipe, NO JELLY!

UH-HUH(c)DMX

https://chriswind.bandcamp.com/track/massage

"You can take an African out of Africa, but you can't take Africa out of the African"
Afro-Americana/Afro-Caribbana/Afro-Latino unite. We are ALL Black!

soulpsychodelicyde
Member since Nov 18th 2003
12167 posts
Wed Nov-01-17 07:58 AM

4. "OMFG"
In response to Reply # 0

Hate crime doesn't even begin to cover it for me.

DJR
Member since Jan 01st 2005
18669 posts
Wed Nov-01-17 08:04 AM

5. "Disgusting bitch"
In response to Reply # 0

The lack of social skills and problem solving skills is astounding. Who will ever hire her?

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13586 posts
Wed Nov-01-17 08:09 AM

6. "My first thought from the title was a dude waking up to a bloody tampon...."
In response to Reply # 0

...stuck on his nuts.

Then I read and realized they meant "bag" literally.

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Wed Nov-01-17 08:42 AM

8. "definitely a hate crime"
In response to Reply # 0

ambient1
Member since May 23rd 2007
41077 posts
Wed Nov-01-17 08:53 AM

9. "how she (the perp) ain't in somebody's ICU is beyond me"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Nov-01-17 08:53 AM by ambient1

=======================================
Coolin...

Pete Burns
Member since Oct 18th 2005
5446 posts
Wed Nov-01-17 01:22 PM

10. "Officially gone (link/swipe)"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.theroot.com/disgusting-university-of-hartford-freshman-who-rubbed-u-1820036536

Updated Wednesday, Nov. 1, 2017; 1:45 p.m.: Sayonara, Brianna! After widespread scrutiny and a big social media push, the University of Hartford is finally showing up and showing out, and Brianna Brochu—who is accused of rubbing used tampons and contaminating her black roommate’s living space—has been expelled and is considered persona non grata on campus.

University President Greg Woodward released a statement Wednesday afternoon, saying in part:

As of this morning, Brianna Brochu is no longer a student at the University of Hartford. She will not be returning to the institution.

There has been an outpouring of concern for the victim of these acts from across the University and the country. In my meeting with her yesterday, I reiterated my personal commitment to ensuring she has all available personal and academic resources the University can provide.
Woodward reiterated that the university took “action immediately” once the allegations were made known, despite the fact that the victim, Chennel “Jazzy” Rowe, claimed that the school attempted to sweep the issue under the rug.

“It is clear there is work to be done at our University to ensure that all students feel safe, respected, and valued. The conversations that began with student groups, faculty, and staff yesterday are going to continue and involve our full community,” Woodward added. “I am dedicated to that mission and will continue to share additional information about opportunities for our path forward in meaningful dialogue and action.”

Right.

In that case, one might wonder why it took so long for the university to take action, since shit hit the fan a full two weeks ago. But at least the ball of justice seems to be rolling now.

Speaking of justice, Brochu is still facing the relatively weak charges of third-degree criminal mischief and second-degree breach of peace, but the New York Times reports that the West Hartford Police Department said it would be requesting that Brochu be slapped with a felony charge of intimidation based on bigotry or bias, which sounds a lot more like it.

Boogie Stimuli
14084 posts
Wed Nov-01-17 01:32 PM

12. "Good, but they really do need to up those charges."
In response to Reply # 10

~
~
~
~
~

WarriorPoet415
Member since Sep 30th 2003
17897 posts
Wed Nov-01-17 01:24 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
11. "My first thought is always: Who raised this piece of shit????"
In response to Reply # 0

cscpov.blogspot.com

"There's a fine line between persistence and foolishness..."
-unknown

"To Each His Reach"

Boogie Stimuli
14084 posts
Wed Nov-01-17 01:44 PM

13. "This right here is "white privilege" run amok imo..."
In response to Reply # 11

or "unchecked whiteness" or whatever.
They keep getting this message that they can do
whatever they wanna do, so we end up here.

~
~
~
~
~

Shaun Tha Don
Member since Nov 19th 2005
18289 posts
Thu Nov-02-17 11:57 PM

29. "With White women being the biggest beneficiaries."
In response to Reply # 13

Rest In Peace, Bad News Brown

T Reynolds
Member since Apr 16th 2007
42804 posts
Wed Nov-01-17 01:53 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
14. "why are stories like these so common amongst young women in college?"
In response to Reply # 0

I feel like this kind of abuse is too common

legsdiamond
79827 posts
Thu Nov-02-17 01:02 PM

19. "mean girls"
In response to Reply # 14

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13586 posts
Wed Nov-01-17 02:46 PM

15. "She keistered the toothbrush? With the bristle side?"
In response to Reply # 0

Seems like it would tickle.

legsdiamond
79827 posts
Thu Nov-02-17 01:02 PM

20. "I bet after the first time she looked forward to it"
In response to Reply # 15

NoDrawls McGraw
12122 posts
Tue Mar-13-18 04:03 PM

51. "Aww Fa'sho, ..you know her anal-bead game type RIGHTEOUS right now!"
In response to Reply # 20
Tue Mar-13-18 04:17 PM by NoDrawls McGraw

Heffa called her self doin some fuck-shit, fucked around and inadvertently got turnt-out!

Bet money, she got a diet high in fiber now!

"You can take an African out of Africa, but you can't take Africa out of the African"

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Thu Nov-02-17 12:58 PM

17. "I would fuck her up."
In response to Reply # 0

I'd move all the furniture.

fuck you.

-DJ R-Tistic-
Member since Nov 06th 2008
51986 posts
Thu Nov-02-17 01:01 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
18. "SHE REALLY POSTED IT ON IG!!!!!!!!!!! Like......I know some"
In response to Reply # 0

folks are hateful roommates, and this type thing unfortunately happens more than it's reported. BUT....to really snitch on yourself via IG???? Why?????

------------------------------

50+ FREE Mixes on www.DJR-Tistic.com!

Twitter and Instagram - @DJ_RTistic

legsdiamond
79827 posts
Thu Nov-02-17 01:03 PM

21. "for some reason people think social media won't do them in"
In response to Reply # 18

-DJ R-Tistic-
51986 posts
Thu Nov-02-17 01:05 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
22. "Like....I honestly don't get it. "
In response to Reply # 21

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Thu Nov-02-17 01:13 PM

23. "clients have had probation revoked bc they snitched on FB."
In response to Reply # 18
Thu Nov-02-17 01:13 PM by SoWhat

I've cross examined witnesses using FB posts. Ppl tell on themselves regularly.

fuck you.

-DJ R-Tistic-
51986 posts
Thu Nov-02-17 02:21 PM

27. "*Facepalm* Damn idiots LOL "
In response to Reply # 23

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85116 posts
Thu Nov-02-17 01:19 PM

24. "white women are wild smh."
In response to Reply # 0

<--- Big Baller World Order

double negative
Member since Dec 14th 2007
22151 posts
Thu Nov-02-17 01:23 PM

25. ""how is this racist though?" "why bring up race?""
In response to Reply # 0

read some comments...man, these folks are becoming super predictable

racism is not just a burning cross on a lawn

and even then....I bet folks would not believe THAT would be racist

"yeah but, um, yeah but...they didnt say anything racist, they were giving those ungrateful black people some light"

https://soundcloud.com/swageyph/yph-die-with-me

legsdiamond
79827 posts
Thu Nov-02-17 07:30 PM

28. "The length they go to excuse racist behavior is disgusting "
In response to Reply # 25

kevlar skully
Member since Mar 13th 2007
6049 posts
Fri Nov-03-17 07:37 AM

30. "“Media race baiting to divide us”"

The love talking about us being divided almost as much as the love calling people snowflakes, cuck, and libtards

Just once I’d like to see a conservative check another one. “Calling people libtards will only divide us”

It’ll never happen though

Shaun Tha Don
18289 posts
Sun Nov-05-17 06:06 PM

31. "Except the perpetrator of the story is not exactly of "the right""
In response to Reply # 30

and the crime took place on a college campus which is not much of an institution of "the right."

kevlar skully
Member since Mar 13th 2007
6049 posts
Sun Nov-05-17 06:31 PM

32. "I'm talking about in general "
In response to Reply # 31

legsdiamond
79827 posts
Mon Nov-06-17 09:04 AM

33. "nah.. "
In response to Reply # 31

I get tired of folks acting like colleges are left leaning safe spaces. I have no idea about this college but on plenty of PWI college campuses racism is a huge problem.

NoDrawls McGraw
12122 posts
Tue Mar-13-18 03:05 PM

46. "White-naivete is just as bad as racism itself..."

...in-so-much-as part of what allows white supremacy to thrive is thee effective method of wiping it's offspring's memories clean
so that little Kaleb and Jessica can have plausible-deniability(white naivete).
The elder racist vanguard knows that the weight of their savagery is too heavy for their progeny to carry
so racism(the sword of white supremacy) tries to erase itself from the cognition of it's beneficiaries, but that's the problem: white-supremacy is doomed to self-implode as a subsequent result of that very same auto-erasure mechanism.

To describe it in visual terms:

-White supremacy = Car
-White racist = Mechanic
-Progeny(the naive-beneficiary-children) = Driver
-Righteous indignation of melanated Americans = bad weather/severe driving conditions

-okay, we have our matrix now-

So now, our -driver- is cruising along in the newly-released Albion Privilege-GT sedan and notices that its a bumpy ass ride, all kinda -bad weather- outside. The -car- is obviously not running smoothly so the driver calls his Uncle who is a *mechanic.

Driver brings car to the autoshop(court of law) to get it fixed and whatnot. Uncle runs a diagnostic-check which consists of him simply applying a piece of black tape on the HUD display behind the steering wheel. This black tape is covering something on that display which the nephew has never seen before:

-the CHECK-ENGINE light-

*Let dat marinate for a second*

Now,...
Nephew drives this car for years, it continues to deteriorate, *weather forecasters repeatedly say that the Albion Privilege-GT sedan isn't fit to operate in -dynamic weather- but nephew ignores this because his Uncle's autoshop hasn't diagnosed a problem yet(remember that black tape). Every time the nephew revisits the shop, Unc just applies a new piece of tape, ...nephew STILL don't know what's under dat damn tape.

Car breaks down eventually.
Bummed-out and distraught, nephew is sittin inna whip and notices that black tape on the HUD panel. Curiosity gets the best of him and he peels it off...

...only to see the CHECK-ENGINE LIGHT turned ON.

Nephew is like: https://i.imgur.com/MSQu5fc.gif

He then pensively reflects upon how long hes driven this
Albion Privilege-GT, completely oblivious to the devices inherent malfunction, ...all because his *Uncle, the -mechanic- *hid the Check-Engine light from him.

This puts him in a state of shock and denial...

...because he did, in FACT, know something was wrong: He saw those signs; he drove thru that weather and FELT those bumps in the road; he rattled with the *car when the tumultuous winds from the -bad weather- outside intimately brushed upon the Privilege-GT, threatening it's chassis. "Why then, would my Uncle hide the diagnosis from me so as to render me the option of repairing my vehicle?"..the nephew asks.

What, you ask, is the check-engine light?
european colonial savagery.

That, my people, ..is White-Naivete visually manifested.
And THAT is why it is so dangerous.

IpanemaGirl
Member since Sep 27th 2005
300 posts
Thu Nov-02-17 02:20 PM

26. "yup. hate crime and some tier of assault at the least"
In response to Reply # 0

i assume attempted murder is a bit of a stretch
but girl could have gotten a serious, deadly illness
her psycho roommate was putting feces, blood and other bodily fluids on her toothpaste this story is absurd and makes me livid

Lurkmode
Member since May 07th 2011
5210 posts
Tue Mar-13-18 09:19 AM

34. "White Freshman gets probation after rubbing bloody tampons on roommate's..."
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.courant.com/breaking-news/hc-brianna-brochu-uhart-student-classmate-harassment-20180312-story.html

Brianna Brochu, the former University of Hartford student accused of harassing her roommate by smearing bodily fluid on the roommate’s backpack and tampering with other items, received a special form of probation Monday that could allow her to avoid a criminal record.

Her former roommate, Chennel “Jazzy” Rowe, attended Brochu’s hearing in Superior Court in Hartford and told Judge Omar Williams that she did not oppose Brochu’s request for accelerated rehabilitation. Brochu will have to perform 200 hours of community service — including 50 at a literacy organization in Greater Hartford and 50 at a social services group. If she completes those requirements and stays out of trouble, the charges of breach of peace and criminal mischief will be dismissed after two years.

Brochu, of Harwinton, must also have no contact with Rowe and submit to a mental health evaluation.

Chennel "Jazzy" Rowe, Brianna Brochu's former roommate at the University of Hartford, speaks at Brochu's hearing in Superior Court in Hartford on Monday. (Patrick Raycraft / Hartford Courant)
Rowe said she was traumatized by Brochu’s actions, which she called “acts of hate.” She said they resulted in nightmares, an inability to trust others and other difficulties that have caused her to delay her educational goals. “By giving her this second chance, I hope she will change her ways and finds love for all mankind no matter what race,” Rowe said.

Brochu’s lawyer, Thomas Stevens, apologized on her behalf and said Brochu had wanted to apologize and express her regret sooner but that he directed her not to out of concern over possible civil litigation. He said Brochu has lost her scholarship to attend the University of Hartford and a job she held at the time. Since then, she found another job and has been working to raise the money to pay his fee.

Stevens said Brochu is angry with herself for letting communication with Rowe break down and for reacting in anger to a perceived slight.

“With the consequences she has endured … death threats … she knows she made a mistake,” Stevens said.

The state did not take a position on the request for accelerated rehabilitation. Hartford State’s Attorney Gail Hardy defended her office from criticism for not filing hate crime charges. Brochu is white and Rowe is black. Hardy said she reviewed police reports, witness statements, viewed officers’ body cam video of the interviews with each witness and had police take a deep dive into Brochu’s social media history in search of any racist materials. Investigators found none, she said.

“We don’t bring charges for personal purposes, we don’t bring charges for political purposes … vindictiveness, or to respond to demands from the public,” Hardy said.

Brochu, who was expelled from the university, was charged by West Hartford police with breach of peace and criminal mischief. She previously pleaded not guilty.

Brochu told police that she did not have a good relationship with Rowe. She claimed Rowe was rude to her and posted videos online of her snoring to make fun of her.

The NAACP and others have publicly supported Rowe and had urged Hartford prosecutors to file a hate crime charge against Brochu.

Brochu told police she lashed out at Rowe and said she licked her plate, fork and spoon, put blood from a used tampon on her backpack, and mixed her lotions with other lotions from Rowe’s desk.

Rowe told police that Brochu “generally ignored her and treated her as a ghost,” according to the warrant for Brochu’s arrest. She had asked for a room change and was moving her belongings out of the room when Brochu’s Instagram post describing her alleged conduct surfaced.

Both women had asked the University of Hartford to give them different roommates.

Although Williams found that Brochu was deserving of the second chance offered by accelerated rehabilitation, he expressed astonishment at the pettiness of the disagreements that started the feud, such as the dorm room temperature. He said a day seated in a courtroom would help Brochu get a sense of the problems and challenges people are forced to overcome each day. And many would have gratefully leaped at the opportunity she had to attend college on a scholarship, the judge said.

And the price Brochu pays for her conduct will last long after her court case ends, Williams said. Friends, potential employers and even potential romantic partners will learn of Brochu’s conduct with a simple internet search, the judge said. Even her own children might one day learn about their mother’s misconduct.

“The internet has a long memory and you will have to do a lot of good to live down these allegations,” he said. The judge urged Brochu to embrace diversity and the opportunity it gives one to grow, to not waste her opportunity at a second chance and to move forward. “You can let this case define you or bury it beneath your accomplishments,” he said.

Outside court, state NAACP President Scot X. Esdaile repeated his view that Brochu should have been charged with a hate crime. “There’s a system for white people and there’s a system for black people,” he said. “That’s what we face every day.”

---------------------------
Signature

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49519 posts
Tue Mar-13-18 09:31 AM

35. "A problem with Racism is that you would have a very difficult"
In response to Reply # 34

time explaining and convincing, probably most average white folks the role that racism played in this and how different the outcome would be if roles were reversed.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

Lurkmode
5210 posts
Tue Mar-13-18 10:01 AM

40. "It's only hard or difficult to convince white people because they want"
In response to Reply # 35

nothing to do with being accountable. They know and understand what's going on with racism.

Signature

kinetic94761180
Member since Jul 05th 2002
17859 posts
Tue Mar-13-18 10:35 AM

41. "RE: They know and understand what's going on with racism."
In response to Reply # 40

better than anything else.

Rjcc is code for "bitch-ass troll"

DROkayplayer™

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Tue Mar-13-18 09:33 AM

36. "Chennel “Jazzy” Rowe,"
In response to Reply # 34

attended Brochu’s hearing in Superior Court in Hartford and told Judge Omar Williams that she did not oppose Brochu’s request for accelerated rehabilitation.

^^^ WHY?!

That bxtch put your toothbrush in her ASSHOLE!!!

IG: amadu_me

"...Whateva, man..." (c) Redman

after midnight
Member since Jul 04th 2007
1208 posts
Tue Mar-13-18 09:38 AM

38. "Because religion has programmed Black people to be forgiving"
In response to Reply # 36

and let everything slide.

>attended Brochu’s hearing in Superior Court in Hartford and
>told Judge Omar Williams that she did not oppose Brochu’s
>request for accelerated rehabilitation.
>
>^^^ WHY?!
>
>That bxtch put your toothbrush in her ASSHOLE!!!

Reeq
Member since Mar 11th 2013
16347 posts
Tue Mar-13-18 01:12 PM

45. "so true."
In response to Reply # 38

NoDrawls McGraw
12122 posts
Tue Mar-13-18 03:16 PM

47. "Christian religion(to be more surgical)."
Tue Mar-13-18 03:18 PM by NoDrawls McGraw

As opposed to our indigenous African religions that Anglo-Americans *cunningly prohibited in North America.

Thee pre-capture Christian proselytization that occured in Africa, ripe with it's code of submissiveness, and our subsequent collective servitude(submissiveness) to the Anglo crown....

is.

no.

coincidence.

Selah
Member since Jun 05th 2002
16484 posts
Tue Mar-13-18 04:22 PM

52. "ecc 3:8"
In response to Reply # 47

now its Jesus's fault this woman got period blood on her toothbrush

y'all wild

NoDrawls McGraw
12122 posts
Tue Mar-13-18 04:34 PM

53. "Forest for da trees?"
In response to Reply # 52

Selah
16484 posts
Tue Mar-13-18 04:50 PM

54. "as in: what you smokin?"
In response to Reply # 53

NoDrawls McGraw
12122 posts
Tue Mar-13-18 05:32 PM

55. "Whatchu got on it?"
In response to Reply # 54

Shaun Tha Don
18289 posts
Wed Mar-14-18 04:23 PM

56. "Only when it comes to White people. "

legsdiamond
79827 posts
Wed Mar-14-18 07:23 PM

57. "When it’s our own people we be out in the steeet with our cousins"
In response to Reply # 56

ready to ride

Lurkmode
5210 posts
Tue Mar-13-18 09:57 AM

39. "Meanwhile Brochu's people looking out for her"
In response to Reply # 36

"Brochu’s lawyer, Thomas Stevens, apologized on her behalf and said Brochu had wanted to apologize and express her regret sooner but that he directed her not to out of concern over possible civil litigation."

Signature

Amritsar
Member since Jan 18th 2008
32105 posts
Tue Mar-13-18 09:33 AM

37. "of course she posted it on IG "
In response to Reply # 0

lmao idiot

kittyswift
Charter member
14951 posts
Tue Mar-13-18 11:45 AM

42. " a special form of probation ----- what is that???"
In response to Reply # 0

where they do that at??

can pookie get that too.....

asking for a friend.

________
"promise yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind"-cl

BEFORE YOU JUDGE ME, make sure you're perfect.

"I'm hella Black, and irresponsibility ain't my culture. Yall niggas just gon have to own that as individuals"- Boo

NoDrawls McGraw
12122 posts
Tue Mar-13-18 12:54 PM

43. "Damn, don't know how I missed this....."
In response to Reply # 0

...but where's the part where the Sista cold BEAT HER AZZ? ? ?

I'm tryna understand this new generation of young Africana that swallowed the hyper-MLK non-violent pill.

I'm sayin, how you got Ambers dingleberries in yo teefus and NOT break yo wedges off in her sphincter?

The proverbial "we losin recipes" doesn't quite capture the level of pacification evident in this story here.

Only thing I can say is, I wish a muthafukka would!

Selah
16484 posts
Tue Mar-13-18 03:55 PM

49. "this is losing the whole cookbook AND the stove"
In response to Reply # 43

NoDrawls McGraw
12122 posts
Tue Mar-13-18 03:58 PM

50. "SUN!"
In response to Reply # 49

Reeq
Member since Mar 11th 2013
16347 posts
Tue Mar-13-18 03:33 PM

48. "black people need to get back to just beating ass."
In response to Reply # 0

at least get some sense of satisfaction out this shit.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13207685 Previous topic | Next topic