Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13204744

Subject: "The Day I Met El Chapo. On Netflix" Previous topic | Next topic
Mynoriti
Charter member
38829 posts
Sun Oct-22-17 09:36 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"The Day I Met El Chapo. On Netflix"

3 part documentary series with each episode about an hour. Focusing on Telenova star Kate Del Castillo and her meeting with El Chapo along with Sean Penn, the media rumors of an alleged relationship between her El Chapo, and her actual relationship with Penn

Penn tried to keep it from coming out saying the doc implies he helped lead to El Chapo's capture. I see what he means to some degree, but I think if the cartel thinks it was his fault, they don't need this doc to tell them that. After watching it, it mostly seems like Penn didn't want to to drop because it makes him look like a dick. and a liar.

Either way, it's crazy fascinating.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I will watch it
Oct 23rd 2017
Penn with the smooth white savior game *spoiler*
Oct 23rd 2017
Yup
Oct 23rd 2017
IMO the CDS is only as powerful as the feds (mexico) allow them
Oct 23rd 2017
Do you think they allowed it so they could put it on Kate/Sean?
Oct 23rd 2017
      i spend alot of time reading about the cartel situation
Oct 23rd 2017
           thanks for the recs
Oct 24th 2017
                havent watched it
Oct 24th 2017

TR808
Member since Oct 24th 2012
2012 posts
Mon Oct-23-17 09:55 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I will watch it"
In response to Reply # 0

it needs my full attention because I have to read the subtitles...

You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.

j.
Member since Feb 24th 2009
3819 posts
Mon Oct-23-17 10:17 AM

2. "Penn with the smooth white savior game *spoiler*"
In response to Reply # 0

SPOILER

Kate was horrified after the meeting, damm near having a nervous breakdown
Sean kicks that hollywood liberal white savior game when she's at her most vulnerable:
"check out these photos of me in Haiti, Venezuela, all these misery stricken places.
Am I not awesome, and not your typical celebrity?"
*cue panties coming off*

After the article comes out, he swiftly kicks her to the curb

If the CDS even thought he had something to do with Chapo's capture, Penn wouldn't be breathing today.
I think they charged it to the game

Mynoriti
Charter member
38829 posts
Mon Oct-23-17 12:54 PM

3. "Yup"
In response to Reply # 2

>Kate was horrified after the meeting, damm near having a
>nervous breakdown
>Sean kicks that hollywood liberal white savior game when she's
>at her most vulnerable:
>"check out these photos of me in Haiti, Venezuela, all these
>misery stricken places.
>Am I not awesome, and not your typical celebrity?"
>*cue panties coming off*

LOL she said he showed her videos. I'd LOVE to know he introduced this.

"Hey let's get our minds off Chapo and watch a silly comedy"
*fumbles and drops Only Sean Penn Saved Haiti video*
"What's that, Sean?"
"Oh oh geez i forgot there was a video"
*goes into Serious Sean Penn mode*

>After the article comes out, he swiftly kicks her to the curb
>
>If the CDS even thought he had something to do with Chapo's
>capture, Penn wouldn't be breathing today.
>I think they charged it to the game

Yeah, Chapo's lawyer seems to acknowledge Chapo was careless by allowing this meeting. The most damming accusation was her lawyer's speculation that Sean's lawyer being a former US attorney contacted the govt. I can't blame him for being pissed about that. But the idea that the cartel would learn this info through the documentary/that they don't already have that information, is silly.

GriftyMcgrift
Member since May 22nd 2002
20414 posts
Mon Oct-23-17 02:26 PM

4. "IMO the CDS is only as powerful as the feds (mexico) allow them"
In response to Reply # 0

to be

and the mexican feds knew about everything that was happening so that leads me to believe there are several people on both sides (mexican feds and cds) that "allowed" this to happen

Mynoriti
Charter member
38829 posts
Mon Oct-23-17 04:49 PM

5. "Do you think they allowed it so they could put it on Kate/Sean?"
In response to Reply # 4
Mon Oct-23-17 04:51 PM by Mynoriti

or specifically kate to get some payback for speaking out

they clocked them at the airport. even with decoys they went in right afterwords.

knowing the meeting would go pulbic, they'd have to try and save face rather than let it seem like actors can find El Chapo but the govt cant.

>and the mexican feds knew about everything that was happening
>so that leads me to believe there are several people on both
>sides (mexican feds and cds) that "allowed" this to happen

GriftyMcgrift
20414 posts
Mon Oct-23-17 04:59 PM

6. "i spend alot of time reading about the cartel situation"
In response to Reply # 5
Mon Oct-23-17 05:00 PM by GriftyMcgrift

in mexico and honestly the way things work in mexico, its impossible to really know

things are so murky and theres so many levels of corruption its hard to say even for someone like me who spends way too much time on this topic

if you want a glimpse as to what its like i recommend reading

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/

and watching this documentary

https://www.netflix.com/title/80134250

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2016/10/the-mexican-army-watching-them-die.html

the reason i recommend that one in particular is because it is one of the few ive seen that really delves into the crazy levels of corruption in mexico and how any real investigation into anything really never goes anywhere and even when it does, that part is by design as well

ok back to the topic at hand

honestly i believe chapo was "given" to the US in some way

Possibly an agreement between El Mayo and the Mexican Feds

Chapo from an operational standpoint was extraneous at this point

the rest of CDS can and has operated for sometime without him

the real big dog in CDS is El Mayo, he's the guy with the legit connections to the government and all the power

So most likely any coordination from the journalist and mexico was probably facilitated by the Mexican Government

how much the US government was involved hard to say tbh, but gut says both sides were playing ball

Mynoriti
Charter member
38829 posts
Tue Oct-24-17 02:53 PM

7. "thanks for the recs"
In response to Reply # 6

>honestly i believe chapo was "given" to the US in some way

dunno of you watched this yet, it doesn't really mention El Mayo, or get too deep into the CDS. They do assumee El Chapo was extradited to the us the day before inauguration day as an offering to Trump

I don't know much about El Mayo. I'll probably have to hit that rabbit hole soon lol

GriftyMcgrift
20414 posts
Tue Oct-24-17 03:04 PM

8. "havent watched it"
In response to Reply # 7

dont know if i will tbh i may check it out seems like mostly fluff tbh

i read several articles about the whole thing when it happened and after and i think i saw some of the actual interviews with el chapo so not sure how much more there is to it

el chapo's story to me in the grand scheme of things is one of the least interesting aspects other than his prison escapes

which really arent surprising when you learn about how corrupt the prison system is in mexico but the way they go about covering up the real story with patsys and fake witnesses and this and that is interesting

if you want to know a little about el mayo look up articles about the conflict between him, el mencho and the chaparitos that happened soon after chapo's capture

Lobby General Discussion topic #13204744 Previous topic | Next topic