Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13204741

Subject: "Short Pump Middle School: More white kids being racist caught on tape" Previous topic | Next topic
legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79559 posts
Sun Oct-22-17 08:37 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Short Pump Middle School: More white kids being racist caught on tape"

Disgusting.

http://www.richmond.com/news/local/henrico/football-season-canceled-for-short-pump-middle-school-after-disturbing/article_33cdb41a-406d-5894-bbc9-1037f7fb8cde.html

The Short Pump Middle School football team is forfeiting the remainder of its season in the aftermath of a lurid, racially insensitive video shot in the school’s locker room.

In a message addressed to the Henrico County schools community Friday afternoon, the School Board announced that the remaining games in the team’s football season would be forfeited, though practices would continue. A mandatory part of the practices will be discussions about “reporting responsibilities, accountability, ethics, sexual harassment, and racial tolerance,” the letter reads.

“As a consequence of the students’ actions that came to the school’s attention on Monday, the remaining football games for the SPMS football team will be forfeited,” the message reads. “We acknowledge that all team members were not involved in the incident; however, we believe there are important lessons/reminders that should be reinforced with all team members.”

Got a news tip? Email tips and photos here.

The video in question, which was posted on Snapchat, showed black students being straddled by their peers in a video overlayed with racially charged language. Police were made aware of the video Tuesday and have been investigating the incident. Some Henrico parents were angered that they first learned about the video in a news report published Wednesday.

The Short Pump Middle School football team had one regular-season game and two postseason games left in its season, according to Andy Jenks, spokesman for Henrico schools.

Henrico NAACP President Frank J. Thornton called the School Board’s announcement a step in the right direction, but he questioned whether the school division is equipped to get at the root of the problem.

“You can’t just sugar-coat,” Thornton said. “You need a group who really knows what they’re doing.”

According to the School Board message, the school division is developing steps to prevent similar incidents.

“We will include staff, parent, administrator and student representatives in this dialogue,” the message reads. “Our hope is to use this very unfortunate event as a meaningful learning opportunity for students moving forward.”

It also noted that “while we realize many families would like to know more, we are prohibited from providing information pertaining to students.”

April Sullivan, a parent of a child at Short Pump Middle, called the response “a first step,” but she said more was needed “to address the systemic class and race issues that exist in society in general and Henrico County in particular.”

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
This shit
Oct 22nd 2017
Another thing to make me hate short pump even more.
Oct 22nd 2017
fuck Short Pump and that end if Henrico County
Oct 23rd 2017
      and fuck Henrico County police
Oct 23rd 2017
      damn right, fuck them too
Oct 23rd 2017
           worst thing about it was the guy driving who didn't have dreads
Oct 23rd 2017
                I believe it, I hate even going up there
Oct 23rd 2017
      a rebranding almost as offensive as
Oct 23rd 2017
this makes me want to vomit. little nasty motherfuckers!
Oct 23rd 2017
RE: Short Pump Middle School:
Oct 23rd 2017
SMH....parents upset about the season being cancelled...
Oct 23rd 2017
Of course.. pretty sure this will be the Black kids fault
Oct 23rd 2017
Yeah, it was all their idea, of course.
Oct 23rd 2017
this better not cost my 5’9 145 lb. 4.9 40 asshole son a scholarship!!
Oct 23rd 2017
when the hurricane hit, internet didn't say anything about my hometown
Oct 23rd 2017
Damn.. I went to that school when I moved to rva
Oct 23rd 2017
Holy shit, blast from the past!
Oct 23rd 2017

rob
Charter member
23210 posts
Sun Oct-22-17 09:45 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "This shit"
In response to Reply # 0

I mentally went through each of my students the past few years and tried to decide whether they'd be doing any of that shit, or letting anyone do it to them.

I don't think so but................

This fucking country in 2017.

KiloMcG
Member since Jan 01st 2008
27561 posts
Sun Oct-22-17 10:33 PM

2. "Another thing to make me hate short pump even more. "
In response to Reply # 0

This shit is fucking disgusting.

Garhart Poppwell
Member since Nov 28th 2008
18115 posts
Mon Oct-23-17 06:16 AM

3. "fuck Short Pump and that end if Henrico County"
In response to Reply # 2

that shit ain't the West End...WE stops at Willow Lawn

Un-OK'd moderator for The Lesson and Make The Music (yes, I do's work up in here, and in your asscrease if you run foul of this

legsdiamond
79559 posts
Mon Oct-23-17 07:26 AM

4. "and fuck Henrico County police"
In response to Reply # 3

Fools pulled us over on some bullshit and searched our car back in college just cause we had dreads.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Garhart Poppwell
18115 posts
Mon Oct-23-17 08:34 AM

5. "damn right, fuck them too"
In response to Reply # 4

They don't have anything to do, they still do shit like that to this day.

Un-OK'd moderator for The Lesson and Make The Music (yes, I do's work up in here, and in your asscrease if you run foul of this

legsdiamond
79559 posts
Mon Oct-23-17 09:33 AM

7. "worst thing about it was the guy driving who didn't have dreads"
In response to Reply # 5

was the plug...

they never searched him...lol.

Garhart Poppwell
18115 posts
Mon Oct-23-17 05:49 PM

11. "I believe it, I hate even going up there"
In response to Reply # 7

Fuck that mall

sosumi
Member since May 30th 2012
858 posts
Mon Oct-23-17 08:47 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
15. "a rebranding almost as offensive as"
In response to Reply # 3

north chesterfield

Dstl1
Charter member
56226 posts
Mon Oct-23-17 09:11 AM

6. "this makes me want to vomit. little nasty motherfuckers!"
In response to Reply # 0

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

TR808
Member since Oct 24th 2012
2012 posts
Mon Oct-23-17 09:39 AM

8. "RE: Short Pump Middle School: "
In response to Reply # 0

I am just at a loss for words...

You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Dstl1
Charter member
56226 posts
Mon Oct-23-17 03:15 PM

9. "SMH....parents upset about the season being cancelled..."
In response to Reply # 0

not about the video simulating rape. Fuck this world, man.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

legsdiamond
79559 posts
Mon Oct-23-17 03:20 PM

10. "Of course.. pretty sure this will be the Black kids fault"
In response to Reply # 9

when it’s all said and done.

KiloMcG
27561 posts
Mon Oct-23-17 07:16 PM

12. "Yeah, it was all their idea, of course. "
In response to Reply # 10

DJR
Member since Jan 01st 2005
18627 posts
Mon Oct-23-17 07:35 PM

13. "this better not cost my 5’9 145 lb. 4.9 40 asshole son a scholarship!!"
In response to Reply # 9

So many stupid sports parents. So many stupid people.

rob
Charter member
23210 posts
Mon Oct-23-17 07:59 PM

14. "when the hurricane hit, internet didn't say anything about my hometown"
In response to Reply # 9

for daaaaaaaays. i was all over twitter and media and Facebook. no one in town had internet for about 3 weeks, but the town is also a couple miles inland so it wasn't bad enough to get the news vans in. closest they got were the (destroyed) grain silos about 4 miles away.

literally all i could find was this dude who had been calling all the coaches and was posting the updated schedules for the football season.

BlaizeBlack26
Charter member
15946 posts
Mon Oct-23-17 10:27 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
16. "Damn.. I went to that school when I moved to rva"
In response to Reply # 0

Shit sucked.

KiloMcG
27561 posts
Mon Oct-23-17 11:07 PM

17. "Holy shit, blast from the past! "
In response to Reply # 16

Lobby General Discussion topic #13204741 Previous topic | Next topic