Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13195891

Subject: "Mini Satans" Previous topic | Next topic
legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79554 posts
Wed Sep-20-17 10:44 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Mini Satans"

I swear social media is the best thing ever.

Internet darwinism.

http://nypost.com/2017/09/19/naval-nurses-booted-over-disturbing-pics-posts-of-mini-satan-newborns/

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2017/09/170919-nurses-newborn-babies-updated-feature.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=664&h=441&crop=1

Workers at a naval hospital in Florida have been booted from their posts after sick photos went viral of them rudely posing with newborn babies and referring to the tots as “mini Satans.”

One of the pics posted to Snapchat shows Allyson Thompson, a corpsman at Naval Hospital Jacksonville, flipping the bird to a baby who’s wrapped in a blanket, along with the caption, “How I currently feel about these mini Satans,” according to Action News Jacksonville.

In another photo, Thompson grins as she holds a baby up by its arms. The pic was shared by a woman who identified the employee as a “navy nurse” who made the newborn dance to rap music, First Coast News reported.

Thompson and another employee, Joanie Barrett, were identified as the culprits in an online post.

The rogue staffers have been “removed from patient care,” the hospital said in a statement.

“We are aware of a video/photo posted online. It’s outrageous, unacceptable, incredibly unprofessional, and cannot be tolerated,” the hospital said. “We have identified the staff members involved. They have been removed from patient care and they will be handled by the legal system and military justice. We’re in the process of notifying the patient’s parents.”

Thompson and Barrett could not immediately be reached.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
0_o
Sep 20th 2017
Man, the hospital we're going to the baby stays in the room
Sep 20th 2017
stay on them when it comes to the baby leaving the room
Sep 20th 2017
      That's the thing. Baby doesn't leave the room.
Sep 20th 2017
           I know, but first sign of complications they are taking the baby away
Sep 20th 2017
                Yes
Sep 20th 2017
                     it happens so fast too..
Sep 21st 2017
wow these weren't white babies?
Sep 20th 2017
Everyone involved looked white
Sep 20th 2017
that's what I thought at first, but the rap music part and you know Flor...
Sep 20th 2017
those were black babies
Sep 21st 2017
      you sure? i couldn't tell
Sep 21st 2017
fucking disgusting...
Sep 21st 2017
Its like folks WANT to get caught
Sep 21st 2017

KiloMcG
Member since Jan 01st 2008
27561 posts
Wed Sep-20-17 10:45 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "0_o"
In response to Reply # 0

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22256 posts
Wed Sep-20-17 10:48 AM

2. "Man, the hospital we're going to the baby stays in the room"
In response to Reply # 0

With the mom, unless the baby ends up in the NICU, the baby is in the room.
How do you even fix your mind to try some shit like that
And then post it.
Lord.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

legsdiamond
79554 posts
Wed Sep-20-17 10:57 AM

3. "stay on them when it comes to the baby leaving the room"
In response to Reply # 2

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22256 posts
Wed Sep-20-17 11:00 AM

4. "That's the thing. Baby doesn't leave the room. "
In response to Reply # 3

Hospital policy is that the baby and mom are two separate patients but are now on the same clock. So they have work stations for babies set up in the rooms for mom.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

legsdiamond
79554 posts
Wed Sep-20-17 11:20 AM

5. "I know, but first sign of complications they are taking the baby away"
In response to Reply # 4
Wed Sep-20-17 11:21 AM by legsdiamond

it happens so fast and it's not like you are going to say no when the say the baby needs XYZ.

just be sure to go with them.

rhchick
Charter member
15057 posts
Wed Sep-20-17 03:59 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
9. "Yes"
In response to Reply # 5

My husband went with our kid whenever he had to leave the room. The only time he was restricted was for the circumcision, they made him stand outside the door for that.

legsdiamond
79554 posts
Thu Sep-21-17 08:34 AM

12. "it happens so fast too.. "
In response to Reply # 9

one thing I hate tho is they come in your room every 5 minutes so you never get to rest.

I know it's their job but damn, my wife was more exhausted after she had the baby just cause they never let her sleep

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Wed Sep-20-17 03:37 PM

6. "wow these weren't white babies?"
In response to Reply # 0

legsdiamond
79554 posts
Wed Sep-20-17 03:38 PM

7. "Everyone involved looked white"
In response to Reply # 6

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Wed Sep-20-17 03:57 PM

8. "that's what I thought at first, but the rap music part and you know Flor..."
In response to Reply # 7

plus that vanished post had me second guessing

Ill Jux
Member since Jan 19th 2007
14705 posts
Thu Sep-21-17 11:32 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
13. "those were black babies"
In response to Reply # 6

______

in the memory of NYC upt JUX�

legsdiamond
79554 posts
Thu Sep-21-17 11:37 AM

14. "you sure? i couldn't tell"
In response to Reply # 13

Dstl1
Charter member
56225 posts
Thu Sep-21-17 08:28 AM

10. "fucking disgusting..."
In response to Reply # 0

what gets into people's minds, man. Dancing to rap music??? She should have her ability to ever work in a hospital environment stripped from her. Also, military court should tear the rank right off of her and have her working in a fucking galley. Hit her pockets off, so she can FEEL this shit.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

legsdiamond
79554 posts
Thu Sep-21-17 08:31 AM

11. "Its like folks WANT to get caught"
In response to Reply # 10

I can't see any other reason for someone to post this unless they wanted to get fired.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13195891 Previous topic | Next topic