Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13194817

Subject: "I always knew you were going to shoot up the school" Previous topic | Next topic
legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79609 posts
Fri Sep-15-17 02:57 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"I always knew you were going to shoot up the school"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/documents-school-shooting-came-troubling-behavior-130523332.html

ROCKFORD, Wash. (AP) — Caleb Sharpe rode the bus to his high school in a tiny Washington state town, carrying a black duffel bag. The 15-year-old walked to a second-floor hallway, pulled an assault weapon from the bag and tried to load it, authorities said.

It jammed, and a classmate walked up.

"I always knew you were going to shoot up the school," the student said, according to court documents released Thursday. "You know this is going to get you in trouble."

Sharpe pulled a pistol from his coat pocket and shot his classmate, also 15, in the abdomen and then in the face, killing him, according to the documents.

He then walked down the hallway, firing at other students or into the ceiling, authorities say. Three female students were wounded but were expected to survive.

Sharpe told police that he had been bullied by the boy who died but did not target him specifically.

"Instead he'd come to the school to teach everyone a lesson about what happens when you bully others," the documents said Sharpe told investigators.

The shooting Wednesday at Freeman High School in Rockford came after troubling behavior by Sharpe that the documents and his classmates detailed. They say he brought notes to school about doing "something stupid," was obsessed with past school shootings and posted videos online that showed him playing with guns.

Sharpe, a sophomore, also had been meeting with a school counselor over suicidal thoughts and had left a suicide note at home for his parents before the shooting, an investigator for the Spokane County Sheriff's Office wrote in an affidavit.

Freeman High School, which has 300 students, has not responded to calls for comment on how they dealt with Sharpe's behavior outside of the counseling for his thoughts of hurting himself.

The Associated Press doesn't typically name juvenile suspects but is doing so because of the severity of the accusations and because Sharpe's name was released in public documents and was widely used in local media.

His family asked for prayers for those involved as well as for privacy in a statement Thursday.

"The Sharpe family wishes to offer their deepest condolences and sympathies to the entire Freeman community," according to the statement issued through attorney Bevan Maxey. "They too as a family are devastated."

The teen took the weapons from his father's gun safe, to which he knew the combination, authorities said. He kept firing the handgun, striking three students, until it also jammed, the documents say.

He dropped it and surrendered to an approaching janitor, Joe Bowen, who ordered him to the ground and held him for authorities, the records said.

Spokane County Sheriff Ozzie Knezovich called Bowen "a true hero" who stepped into the line of fire.

Sharpe was arrested and has yet to make an appearance in juvenile court.

Classmates have recounted some troubling signs from Sharpe, saying they knew about videos he had posted online showing him playing with guns. Junior Paul Fricke told The Spokesman-Review newspaper (http://bit.ly/2wazhtH) that "we knew he had an assault rifle, because he uses it in his YouTube videos."

In one video, Sharpe and a friend display several guns, including what appear to be airsoft weapons and one actual rifle, and act out a scenario where they search for an imaginary neighborhood drug dealer.

He also had brought notes earlier in the school year, saying he was going to do "something stupid" and might get killed or jailed, according to classmate and friend Michael Harper.

Some students alerted counselors, the 15-year-old told The Associated Press, but it wasn't clear what school officials did in response.

----

So you mean to tell me the bully was so bullish he walked up on the kid and said that instead of running away when he saw the assault rifle?

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I don't even know what to say...wtf
Sep 15th 2017
in his defense he died so who knows if these were his exact words
Sep 15th 2017
      i heard from other news sources that he said something like that...
Sep 15th 2017
Why does a 15 year old have access to multiple weapons.
Sep 15th 2017
Washington State? Rural area maybe?
Sep 15th 2017
is this a surprise?
Sep 15th 2017
your post? no, not at all
Sep 15th 2017
      from now on you are only allowed to post surprises
Sep 15th 2017
           Country knows it has a problem and does nothing about it sooo...
Sep 15th 2017
           ikr, maybe that's why that kid got killed
Sep 15th 2017
all the signs were there and yet...
Sep 15th 2017
Damn
Sep 15th 2017
Dude is a hero
Sep 15th 2017
Once upon a time someone I know once talked someone out of shooting up a...
Sep 15th 2017
+1
Sep 15th 2017
Where are their fathers?!
Sep 15th 2017
      out buying more guns
Sep 18th 2017
Wait...did he try to bully a person who had a gun in his hands?
Sep 15th 2017
Yeah. Shit reads like a bully in a movie.
Sep 15th 2017
It's not just a white problem
Sep 15th 2017
hmm... it's a little different tho
Sep 15th 2017
shit, I was extra nice to the kid that everyone joked would shoot up the...
Sep 15th 2017
Cause kids are stupid/don't have perspective or context.
Sep 18th 2017
      yup, but shooting up schools isn't as old as time.
Sep 18th 2017
           True.
Sep 18th 2017
                no doubt
Sep 18th 2017
I have a rampage list at work. meaning the people who I think are
Sep 15th 2017

sectachrome86
Member since Dec 22nd 2007
2729 posts
Fri Sep-15-17 03:10 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I don't even know what to say...wtf"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Sep-15-17 03:12 PM by sectachrome86

You're going to get in a lot of trouble for this?

What?

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.soundcloud.com/sectachrome

legsdiamond
79609 posts
Fri Sep-15-17 03:16 PM

5. "in his defense he died so who knows if these were his exact words"
In response to Reply # 1

I read another article that said he tried to take the gun from him

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

PROMO
Charter member
30972 posts
Fri Sep-15-17 03:27 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
8. "i heard from other news sources that he said something like that..."
In response to Reply # 5

to the shooter.

if he did, it makes sense to me. if the kid who died is a kid who bullied the shooter, as the shooter has said, then it kind makes sense to me as an attempt to talk the shooter out of it.

if he runs or begs it probably just makes the shooter angry. if he's is calm and calls him out on what he's doing and reminds him he's gonna be in trouble then you, as the victim, might hope him being labeled as predictable and also facing consequences might be enough to dissuade the shooter from going through with it.

what's sad to me is if this kid did bully the shooter, and he knew the kid would come shoot up the school, then hey, maybe don't bully the kid. i'm not blaming the victim because obviously there's no excuse for this...it's just like...kids don't think at all sometimes.

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Fri Sep-15-17 03:12 PM

2. "Why does a 15 year old have access to multiple weapons. "
In response to Reply # 0

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

legsdiamond
79609 posts
Fri Sep-15-17 03:15 PM

3. "Washington State? Rural area maybe? "
In response to Reply # 2

some parents really love seeing their kids shoot guns.

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Fri Sep-15-17 03:15 PM

4. "is this a surprise? "
In response to Reply # 0

legsdiamond
79609 posts
Fri Sep-15-17 03:16 PM

6. "your post? no, not at all"
In response to Reply # 4

school shooting? no, not at all

makaveli
Charter member
16305 posts
Fri Sep-15-17 03:45 PM

10. "from now on you are only allowed to post surprises"
In response to Reply # 6

“So back we go to these questions — friendship, character… ethics.”

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Fri Sep-15-17 03:49 PM

11. "Country knows it has a problem and does nothing about it sooo... "
In response to Reply # 10
Fri Sep-15-17 03:50 PM by Atillah Moor

Politicians totally gave the country the finger when there were mad signatures for reform

this is the bed they made

legsdiamond
79609 posts
Fri Sep-15-17 04:13 PM

13. "ikr, maybe that's why that kid got killed"
In response to Reply # 10
Fri Sep-15-17 04:17 PM by legsdiamond

Wasn't even surprised when he saw the gun

double negative
Member since Dec 14th 2007
22151 posts
Fri Sep-15-17 03:27 PM

7. "all the signs were there and yet..."
In response to Reply # 0

https://soundcloud.com/swageyph/yph-die-with-me

Lurkmode
Member since May 07th 2011
5188 posts
Fri Sep-15-17 03:34 PM

9. "Damn"
In response to Reply # 0

Janitor was brave.

---------------------------
Signature

legsdiamond
79609 posts
Fri Sep-15-17 04:06 PM

12. "Dude is a hero"
In response to Reply # 9

Kira
Member since Nov 14th 2004
28845 posts
Fri Sep-15-17 04:39 PM

14. "Once upon a time someone I know once talked someone out of shooting up a..."
In response to Reply # 0

Dude brought in the AK and called my friend over to tell her what he was going to do. He let her hold it and she told him to put it back and not do this. She talked him out of it and thankfully nothing happened.

The white community needs to step up and do something about this epidemic of their children shooting up schools. I do not feel safe around one of these bullied students. They might kill me off gp walking around the community then their parents will be on camera with crocodile tears talking about he was such an innocent young man and "you people" are just overreacting because it's a black thug that died.

Meadow
Member since May 05th 2012
1160 posts
Fri Sep-15-17 08:20 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
18. "+1"
In response to Reply # 14

shygurl
Member since Oct 08th 2002
13361 posts
Fri Sep-15-17 10:06 PM

21. "Where are their fathers?!"
In response to Reply # 14

legsdiamond
79609 posts
Mon Sep-18-17 08:29 AM

23. "out buying more guns"
In response to Reply # 21

PimpTrickGangstaClik
Member since Oct 06th 2005
15894 posts
Fri Sep-15-17 04:46 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
15. "Wait...did he try to bully a person who had a gun in his hands?"
In response to Reply # 0

Maybe I'm envisioning the scene incorrectly, but that's how it seems.

He sees this kid struggling to load his rifle.
So he approaches him to get some riffs in. Saying "I always knew you were going to shoot up the school" and "You know this is going to get you in trouble"

That can't be the case.

legsdiamond
79609 posts
Fri Sep-15-17 05:53 PM

16. "Yeah. Shit reads like a bully in a movie. "
In response to Reply # 15

Lil Rabies
Member since Oct 12th 2005
1586 posts
Fri Sep-15-17 07:52 PM

17. "It's not just a white problem"
In response to Reply # 0

Brown kids just shoot their bullies after school. When I was little, it was open season on runty dudes in Baltimore. This was the early 80's. Dudes got guns and deaded that, pun intended. Brown kids join gangs when they're bullied and get even also. The problem in Baltimore is that the bullies got guns also. Now anybody can get shot. Bullies suck

Taking shots in the dark/that's a bad call
Going straight for your head/ gotta saw it off

legsdiamond
79609 posts
Fri Sep-15-17 08:53 PM

19. "hmm... it's a little different tho"
In response to Reply # 17

these white kids are shooting up schools and killing random kids.

I know stray bullets and all but it's not the same thing

DJR
Member since Jan 01st 2005
18639 posts
Fri Sep-15-17 08:58 PM

20. "shit, I was extra nice to the kid that everyone joked would shoot up the..."
In response to Reply # 0

Something was legit off in him. Some of the same ones that joked about him shooting up the school would fuck with him. SMH, that ain't no joke! I always made sure to greet that kid in the hallways. Felt good to treat someone well that didn't have many positive interactions....plus I wasnt taking NO chances, lol. My boys used to even joke that when he shot up the school, he'd spare me. Hell, I dapped him up when I ran into him at the gas station like 10 years after graduation and politely listened to his borderline crazy ranting about his job for a few minutes on some "hey man, just keep getting them checks!" before wishing him well and moving on.

I know a lot of kids are assholes to differing extents in high school. Sadly, it's just the way it is. Even given that, I still don't understand why kids f with the ones that you KNOW are off. Basic self preservation should tell you that's a bad idea.

Brew
Member since Nov 23rd 2002
24419 posts
Mon Sep-18-17 08:51 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
24. "Cause kids are stupid/don't have perspective or context."
In response to Reply # 20

>I know a lot of kids are assholes to differing extents in high
>school. Sadly, it's just the way it is. Even given that, I
>still don't understand why kids f with the ones that you KNOW
>are off. Basic self preservation should tell you that's a bad
>idea.

The reasons those "different" kids end up shooting up the school are the same reasons the "normal" kids make fun of the kids they know are crazy enough to shoot up the school. They're young, don't know shit but think they do, they're defiant, reactionary, emotional, hormonal beings with egos who have no perspective that tells them anything other than "that shit won't happen here/won't happen to me" until it does.

We were all there. I was the same as you, tried to be nice to everyone but not because of some kind of beyond-my-age perspective or wisdom but because I thought everyone deserved positivity in their lives. I had my moments like everyone else, I wasn't perfect ... which speaks to exactly what I'm saying. Kids are stupid and think they know the "right" way to act/be or know the solutions to all life's problems. One side "acts accordingly," the other side rebels and potentially shoots up schools. "Basic self preservation" doesn't even come to mind. Story as old as time.

----------------------------------------

"Fuck aliens." © WarriorPoet415

legsdiamond
79609 posts
Mon Sep-18-17 09:04 AM

25. "yup, but shooting up schools isn't as old as time."
In response to Reply # 24

Brew
Member since Nov 23rd 2002
24419 posts
Mon Sep-18-17 09:18 AM

26. "True."
In response to Reply # 25

Didn't really mean to imply that, but I definitely wrote it to sound that way. "Story as old as time" was referencing the fact that kids have always been stupid, bullied eachother, and caused particular groups of kids to feel outcasted and alienated, which has *led* to the shootings.

----------------------------------------

"Fuck aliens." © WarriorPoet415

legsdiamond
79609 posts
Mon Sep-18-17 09:26 AM

27. "no doubt"
In response to Reply # 26

kingjerm78
Member since Jul 05th 2007
24725 posts
Fri Sep-15-17 10:12 PM

22. "I have a rampage list at work. meaning the people who I think are "
In response to Reply # 0

coo coo for co co puffs. I keep an eye on these people at all times.

--------------------------------

one half of the most dynamic tag team on the net...nappyafro's FROCAST!

http://www.frocast.com
www.nappyafro.com
store.nappyafro.com

Lobby General Discussion topic #13194817 Previous topic | Next topic