Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13193648

Subject: "Do y'all still hate Justin Timberlake" Previous topic | Next topic
rdhull
Charter member
33131 posts
Mon Sep-11-17 06:50 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Do y'all still hate Justin Timberlake"

Because capital All Over Again from FutreLove Sex Sound came on and it's still good

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I thought on the whole okp stanned for JT...to me he was always
Sep 11th 2017
RE: I thought on the whole okp stanned for JT...to me he was always
Sep 11th 2017
I don't hate him, I just don't give a fuck about him
Sep 11th 2017
It's been a minute since I bumped FSLS, but...
Sep 11th 2017
RE: It's been a minute since I bumped FSLS, but...
Sep 11th 2017
yep JT & Neptunes good; JT & Timbo hit or miss
Sep 11th 2017
Team Janet for life.
Sep 11th 2017
it's weird because OKP was all over FSLS..only when 20/20 came out
Sep 11th 2017
Thats because 20/20 is a shitty album
Sep 11th 2017
      wrong
Sep 11th 2017
      RE: wrong
Sep 11th 2017
      Lol. Opinions are wrong.
Sep 11th 2017
           yours is..thats all I know
Sep 11th 2017
      Did you make this post just to stan for that man?
Sep 11th 2017
      yup. 20/20 is straight fucking garbage...
Sep 12th 2017
Fear Of A Black Titty
Sep 11th 2017
the funny thing is, I was all anti JT when FSLS came out etc
Sep 11th 2017
it'll always be poor janet around here. but jt that dude.
Sep 11th 2017
afkap said Tenesee Kids name was trite, I agree, but still the songs
Sep 11th 2017
yup!!!
Sep 11th 2017
Of course somethings something for stupid reasons lol
Sep 12th 2017
Lmao.. you always calling for white folks
Sep 12th 2017
😬 this is THAT dude?
Sep 12th 2017
      white comedians and white singers... I bet his work wife white too
Sep 12th 2017
      🌚
Sep 12th 2017
      yeah the same one who posted the Sanaa one that youre in
Sep 12th 2017
           Huh?
Sep 12th 2017
                stfu idiot
Sep 12th 2017
                     Soooo I'm not even in that post. You good?
Sep 12th 2017
                          RE: Soooo I'm not even in that post. You good?
Sep 12th 2017
He's the douchebag of blue eyed soul.
Sep 12th 2017
LOL.
Sep 12th 2017
πŸ‘πŸΎ
Sep 12th 2017
lmfaooooooooo
Sep 12th 2017
Stop playing.
Sep 28th 2017
He wasnt considered that here during FSLS..which is the point
Sep 12th 2017
Let's see how deep that hatred goes:
Sep 12th 2017
      Nope.
Sep 28th 2017
The black guy from NSYNC?
Sep 12th 2017
He's a good SNL host
Sep 12th 2017
doesn't hold up at all even the ones that were 'good' or fun
Sep 12th 2017
huh?
Sep 12th 2017
      his songs
Sep 12th 2017
           oh, ok. I thought you meant his SNL skits..lol
Sep 13th 2017
yup, I don't even watch SNL but I laughed at dick in a box
Sep 12th 2017
      dude could bring back the variety show in the US
Sep 12th 2017
Man Showing Yo Titty at the Superbowl was damn dumb
Sep 12th 2017
dog...63??!
Sep 12th 2017
smh...you said some silly shit here, man
Sep 12th 2017
I dont like how some of yall are makin this place a hostile environment
Sep 12th 2017
He has always been one of the guiltiest of pleasures for me
Sep 12th 2017
these fake militants still listen to Love Stoned-I Think That She Knows
Sep 12th 2017
      http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/cc/cca67bebd2968c11f33e5b13234a1966cb9070b08...
Sep 13th 2017
I been a hater since his first appearance.
Sep 13th 2017
I can respect that..but what about the cosigners like Jay etc
Sep 13th 2017
      Jay is focused on hit records.
Sep 27th 2017
RE: Do y'all still hate Justin Timberlake
Sep 27th 2017
Smh.. this is some bullshit.
Sep 27th 2017
lmaoooooooooooo
Sep 28th 2017
RE: Do y'all still hate Justin Timberlake
Sep 28th 2017
      NFL would retain any lost ratings
Sep 28th 2017
I'm definitely not watching the NFL.
Sep 28th 2017
I think him playing the SB is a horrible look for him
Sep 28th 2017
I don't get the outrage with this, just because Jay-Z allegedly turned.....
Sep 28th 2017
      yeah.. maybe. lol
Sep 28th 2017
he always been overrated to me and not the best singer in N Stank either
Oct 01st 2017
hate is a strong word. loathe? despise? abhor?
Oct 01st 2017

dba_BAD
Charter member
14873 posts
Mon Sep-11-17 06:56 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I thought on the whole okp stanned for JT...to me he was always"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Sep-11-17 06:57 PM by dba_BAD

uninteresting

and a medium talent vaulted by lowered expectations

__

fairweather

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Mon Sep-11-17 07:09 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "RE: I thought on the whole okp stanned for JT...to me he was always"
In response to Reply # 1

>uninteresting
>
>and a medium talent vaulted by lowered expectations

Basically.
And I used to think it was me hating. But he came on the radio about a month ago and I didn't have a chance to change it. And it was just not good.

------
β€œThere is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

Garhart Poppwell
Member since Nov 28th 2008
18115 posts
Mon Sep-11-17 06:58 PM

2. "I don't hate him, I just don't give a fuck about him"
In response to Reply # 0

but I'm sure you can find people here that literally hate him-as much as you can hate someone you don't know.

Un-OK'd moderator for The Lesson and Make The Music (yes, I do's work up in here, and in your asscrease if you run foul of this

Dstl1
Charter member
56226 posts
Mon Sep-11-17 06:58 PM

3. "It's been a minute since I bumped FSLS, but..."
In response to Reply # 0

Justified gets MAD spins, RIGHT TODAY

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

rdhull
Charter member
33131 posts
Mon Sep-11-17 07:05 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "RE: It's been a minute since I bumped FSLS, but..."
In response to Reply # 3

>Justified gets MAD spins, RIGHT TODAY

Im gon bump that to work tomorrow

Ray_Snill
Charter member
16839 posts
Mon Sep-11-17 10:04 PM

17. "yep JT & Neptunes good; JT & Timbo hit or miss"
In response to Reply # 3

<=========================================
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/PYzh4v9cSf4FDnq3yMQyqNqh79o=/800x0/filters:no_upscale%28%29/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4079674/jlio.0.gif

MEAT
22257 posts
Mon Sep-11-17 07:05 PM

5. "Team Janet for life. "
In response to Reply # 0

------

rdhull
Charter member
33131 posts
Mon Sep-11-17 07:10 PM

7. "it's weird because OKP was all over FSLS..only when 20/20 came out"
In response to Reply # 0

did I see hate

Meadow
Member since May 05th 2012
1160 posts
Mon Sep-11-17 07:28 PM

8. "Thats because 20/20 is a shitty album"
In response to Reply # 7

And we love Justified and FSLS because of Pharrell and Timbaland.

Also #teamjanet

Justin can take his cantstopthefeeling ass on otherwise.

rdhull
Charter member
33131 posts
Mon Sep-11-17 07:34 PM

9. "wrong"
In response to Reply # 8

>And we love Justified and FSLS because of Pharrell and
>Timbaland.
>

rong again cause Timb is still on 20

>Also #teamjanet
>
>Justin can take his cantstopthefeeling ass on otherwise.

rdhull
Charter member
33131 posts
Mon Sep-11-17 07:35 PM

10. "RE: wrong"
In response to Reply # 9

>>And we love Justified and FSLS because of Pharrell and
>>Timbaland.
>>

wrong again cause Timb is still on 20

>
>>Also #teamjanet

and even still, FSLS was after the Janet Superbown fiasco

>>
>>Justin can take his cantstopthefeeling ass on otherwise.
>
>

Meadow
Member since May 05th 2012
1160 posts
Mon Sep-11-17 07:40 PM

12. "Lol. Opinions are wrong."
In response to Reply # 10

You come across as an obnoxious know it all teen.

I'm saying that ppl aren't really here for Justin, but here for good music. 20/20 is a shitty album. Timbaland fell off.

rdhull
Charter member
33131 posts
Mon Sep-11-17 07:41 PM

14. "yours is..thats all I know"
In response to Reply # 12

>
>You come across as an obnoxious know it all teen.
>
>I'm saying that ppl aren't really here for Justin, but here
>for good music. 20/20 is a shitty album. Timbaland fell off.

MEAT
22257 posts
Mon Sep-11-17 07:36 PM

11. "Did you make this post just to stan for that man?"
In response to Reply # 9

------

PROMO
Charter member
30953 posts
Tue Sep-12-17 01:41 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
21. "yup. 20/20 is straight fucking garbage..."
In response to Reply # 8

...and you MIGHT be garbage if you like it.

like, go back and listen to that steaming pile of composting human waste and try to say it's good.

2 albums of material and all you could produce was like 3 good songs, max? FOH fam.

rdhull
Charter member
33131 posts
Mon Sep-11-17 07:41 PM

13. "Fear Of A Black Titty"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.laweekly.com/music/fear-of-a-black-titty-2138203

You live by the pop machine, you die by the pop machine. The sleek commodity known as Janet Damita Jo Jackson DeBarge Elizondo Jackson has done her share of living and dying lately, often simultaneously. She’s been all over editorial pages and gossip columns; her Super Bowl controversy launched two phrases into popular vernacular (wardrobe malfunction; Nipplegate), and yet her latest album, Damita Jo, is widely perceived as a commercial flop and critical disappointment (even though its first-week sales were far stronger than those of recent releases by Madonna, Britney, Whitney or J-Lo). Radio has been lukewarm at best, and the hypocrites at MTV have all but banished her from their airwaves. For someone so long plugged into the machine, Jackson has committed one critical error after another β€” the Super Bowl fiasco, the staggeringly bad choice for a first single, a lackluster video for that first single.

That’s not to say that the disc is an unfairly maligned masterpiece. It’s loaded with far too much dross: inane interludes where Janet burbles like a ditz, musing on island vacations, the origins of her middle name and whatever fluff pops into her head; the limp sex odes β€œMoist” and β€œWarmth,” which sound like they were penned and sung by some narcotized junior high school ho; an obsession with sex that started three albums ago and whose dividends are only rarely even semi-interesting. It doesn’t help that neither the β€œofficial” lead single, β€œI Want You,” nor the β€œleaked” single, β€œJust a Little While,” are anything other than album filler.

But wait. Damita Jo is still better than most reviews and word-of-mouth would have you believe. Thank the producers. The whole thing is very much a retro affair, from the girl-group arrangement of β€œI Want You” to the infectious doo-doo-doo-doo-doo that opens the album’s best track, β€œLike You Don’t Love Me,” an attitude-laden, TLC-ish demand for a good, vigorous fuck (β€œYou need to make love to me/like you don’t love me”) to the Vanity 6 homage in β€œStrawberry Bounce.” And β€œR&B Junkie,” the CD’s second-best track and likely candidate for club hit of the summer, has offended many detractors with its boulder-size sample from Evelyn King’s β€œI’m in Love,” but the gambit works in the context of a song that’s an ode to old-school soul music and the dances those sounds inspired. Meanwhile, producer Kanye West continues his midtempo winning streak with β€œMy Baby,” while the lilting, aptly named β€œIsland Life” is pure seduction set to a groove. Had some careful pruning taken place before the album’s release, the CD could have been at least a minor-chord β€œF-you” victory to the wolves nipping at Janet’s tits.

Janet Jackson is simultaneously a minor talent and the unheralded mother-architect, for better or worse, of the current pop world. And though she’d be loath to admit it, her artistic baby-daddy is Paula Abdul, whose Control-era choreography has been the template for not only most of Miss Jackson’s moves over the past 15 years but for most pop choreography, period. (Producers Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis are the nannies who do all the unglamorous, necessary grunt work.)

While it’s a conditioned reflex for mainstream critics to heap praise upon Madonna as the mold from which MTV’s pop brigade is stamped, the truth is a bit more complicated. What Madonna’s really handed down has been a bottle of peroxide, a palpable contempt for her audience and a refresher course on the ways in which white skin earns props for its bearers way out of proportion to anything they actually do. Throw in some marketing-savvy DNA and you pretty much have her artistic legacy summed up. Case in point: The pathetic, creepy, faux-lesbian kiss last year between Madonna and Britney was largely interpreted as a passing of the diva torch. But Britney’s career, like those of her countless clones, rather than being a youthful updating of Madonna’s blueprint, is actually the Clorox remix of Janet’s. Brit’s every head snap, pelvic thrust and shoulder jerk was first executed by Miss Jackson, with many of her videos being almost frame-for-frame replications of past Janet clips. Even the most successful of the boy-band wave β€” ’N Sync, Backstreet Boys β€” owe much of their performing style to Janet and her various choreographers. (Tellingly, when Justin Timberlake was in ’N Sync, he and his group bit Janet’s style hard; as a solo artist, he lifts shamelessly from her brother.)

One of the most interesting aspects of the fallout from Janet’s controversial Super Bowl performance has been her subsequent psychological profile as crafted by a reactionary infotainment machine. Her every media appearance is prefaced with the news that her host has instituted a five-second delay, as though her titty baring weren’t an aberration for her, but the norm. Everything from the increased heat placed on Howard Stern to edited nude scenes on E.R. to the recently canceled Victoria’s Secret television special has been blamed on her: She’s been turned from the tapioca dominatrix no one could possibly take seriously into the stereotypical sex-mad Negress who’ll corrupt all she touches β€” or might touch. (One of the few critics to point out the race aspect of the media reaction to Jackson has been the Village Voice’s Richard Goldstein, who, in a recent essay commenting on the varying ways that Courtney Love and Janet have been treated in the press, opined, β€œThank God, for Courtney’s sake, that she’s white.”)

Pundits, who know they should be furious at something or someone but are too cowardly to take aim at the proper targets, have lumped endless scorn on Jackson for unleashing a puritanical FCC on us all. Aiming their vitriol at the agency itself would mean not only outlining the right-wing consolidation of media power in the hands of a privileged few, but also noting the Christian Taliban mentality of those who hold the purse strings and control the airwaves. In short, it would mean biting the conservative hand that signs their paychecks.

Meanwhile, Jackson’s Super Bowl accomplice, young master Timberlake, has proven himself to be the bitch-made-pop-star you always knew he was. As though aiming to get his own chapter in Greg Tate’s book Everything but the Burden: What White People Are Taking From Black Culture, Timberlake shed all wigger affectations the moment he felt the heat of real controversy. He dropped the hip-hop gear, grabbed a suit and tie, and literally held his mommy’s hand as he strolled into this year’s Grammy Awards, where he all but burst into tears as he apologetically explained onstage how he’d been bamboozled into taking part in Janet’s shameful shenanigans. Poor thing.

The real problem for Janet is that, in total, Damita Jo underscores her as the ultimate modern American sex symbol in ways she didn’t intend. As she cruises toward 40, she has to figure out what it means not only to compete with her own cultural spawn on a playing field whose terms are viciously youth-obsessed, but also what it means to be a mature woman who is sexually vibrant, sexually curious and willing to speak with candor about her desires and experiences. For Jackson, that simply translates into a cataloging of sexual positions and X-rated activities. With her breathy, multitracked voice as her calling card and primary weapon, and slight-to-say-the-least lyrics as the bullets, she comes off more as a sexually precocious teenybopper than a woman of the world.

It’s not just that there’s no depth to her boudoir insights and philosophical musings, or that the bulk of her lyrics manage the unimpressive feat of being explicit and banal, but that she’s morphing into an aging porn starlet of the most tragic type β€” chasing relevance with ever bigger hair, ever bigger boobs, and a willingness to fall to her knees in mirthless, monotonous mimicry of sexual ecstasy. It’s like, after all the fucking and talking about fucking that she’s done, she has almost no idea what true liberation β€” or even pleasure β€” really is.

Ernest Hardy
Ernest Hardy is a regular film contributor at Voice Media Group and its film partner, the Village Voice. VMG publications include LA Weekly, Denver Westword, Phoenix New Times, Miami New Times, Broward-Palm Beach New Time

rdhull
Charter member
33131 posts
Mon Sep-11-17 07:44 PM

15. "the funny thing is, I was all anti JT when FSLS came out etc"
In response to Reply # 13

Because of the Superbowl JT bs but folks were all over FSLS..it wasnt until months way after I gave it a chance

then when 20 came out and AFKAPinceofdarkness called the emeror having no clothes so to speak did the criticicms come in.

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85056 posts
Mon Sep-11-17 09:56 PM

16. "it'll always be poor janet around here. but jt that dude."
In response to Reply # 0

<--- Big Baller World Order

rdhull
Charter member
33131 posts
Mon Sep-11-17 10:06 PM

18. "afkap said Tenesee Kids name was trite, I agree, but still the songs"
In response to Reply # 16

>
on his albums are good

shygurl
Member since Oct 08th 2002
13361 posts
Mon Sep-11-17 11:14 PM

19. "yup!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

fuck him.

Heinz
Member since Dec 26th 2003
20759 posts
Tue Sep-12-17 12:01 AM

20. "Of course somethings something for stupid reasons lol "
In response to Reply # 0

----------

IG @h_n_z

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79560 posts
Tue Sep-12-17 06:33 AM

22. "Lmao.. you always calling for white folks"
In response to Reply # 0

at least you are consistent.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

MEAT
22257 posts
Tue Sep-12-17 08:13 AM

23. "😬 this is THAT dude?"
In response to Reply # 22

------

legsdiamond
79560 posts
Tue Sep-12-17 08:36 AM

27. "white comedians and white singers... I bet his work wife white too"
In response to Reply # 23

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

MEAT
22257 posts
Tue Sep-12-17 08:36 AM

28. "🌚"
In response to Reply # 27

------

rdhull
Charter member
33131 posts
Tue Sep-12-17 03:35 PM

38. "yeah the same one who posted the Sanaa one that youre in"
In response to Reply # 23
Tue Sep-12-17 03:36 PM by rdhull

so now you wanna act all stupid and castigate over some shit? You aint about shit sometimes man.

MEAT
22257 posts
Tue Sep-12-17 04:13 PM

42. "Huh?"
In response to Reply # 38

There's a poster that aggressively defends medicore white talents which has fuck all to do with looks.
I ain't know it was you.
It's ok to just say "I have different tastes" but you go hard for yours. True fandom.
And I can't knock that.
But
😬

------

rdhull
Charter member
33131 posts
Tue Sep-12-17 05:04 PM

46. "stfu idiot"
In response to Reply # 42

>There's a poster that aggressively defends medicore white
>talents which has fuck all to do with looks.
>I ain't know it was you.
>It's ok to just say "I have different tastes" but you go hard
>for yours. True fandom.
>And I can't knock that.
>But
>😬

show me where I go hard for anybody (besides Prince and even that's been years)..fuck outta here because I discussed two...an amout of two whole artists that were white...whoopee! beaides the fact that you sound mad racists btw..but you come off like a piece of shit lately so there's that.

seriously you and your nut sacker are worse than deej

"aggressively defends"..lol so now debating or discussing is..ah forget it, youre a dumbass..just stop replying to me from now on if your dumbass can control yourself..why u would converse with me or reply besides to talk shit (which is what you do) is beyond me ..

MEAT
22257 posts
Tue Sep-12-17 05:18 PM

47. "Soooo I'm not even in that post. You good?"
In response to Reply # 46
Tue Sep-12-17 05:20 PM by MEAT

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13191546&mesg_id=13191546&page=3

But you right about some of the other stuff. Later homie.

------

rdhull
Charter member
33131 posts
Tue Sep-12-17 05:26 PM

48. "RE: Soooo I'm not even in that post. You good?"
In response to Reply # 47

>http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13191546&mesg_id=13191546&page=3
>
>But you right about some of the other stuff. Later homie.

bye dick..and refrain from your reaction formation lies nigga..probably eating mayonnaise sandwiches as you typed that lol

Airbreed
Charter member
29434 posts
Tue Sep-12-17 08:14 AM

24. "He's the douchebag of blue eyed soul."
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Sep-12-17 08:24 AM by Airbreed

Setting aside the Janet fiasco, I never liked the guy. I remember an interview he did years ago when he was asked about his musical influences. He shot off names like Stevie Wonder, Donnie Hathaway, Sam Cooke... typical boilerplate responses that white singers like himself use to try to validate their authenticity with black folks.

He always rubbed me the wrong way. Seems like he's full of shit everytime he speaks and does what he does. And then he bought his mother with him to the Grammys to distance himself from the Janet thing. Which to me, proved how much of a douchbag he really was and still is.

soulpsychodelicyde
Member since Nov 18th 2003
12147 posts
Tue Sep-12-17 08:21 AM

25. "LOL."
In response to Reply # 24

Damn.

MEAT
22257 posts
Tue Sep-12-17 08:22 AM

26. "πŸ‘πŸΎ"

------

BrooklynWHAT
85056 posts
Tue Sep-12-17 08:43 AM

29. "lmfaooooooooo"

how dare he like black musicians and they like him back. how dare he take his momma to the grammys. yall wild.

Airbreed
Charter member
29434 posts
Thu Sep-28-17 07:59 AM

57. "Stop playing."
In response to Reply # 29
Thu Sep-28-17 08:04 AM by Airbreed

>how dare he like black musicians and they like him back. how
>dare he take his momma to the grammys. yall wild.

The only think he likes about black musicians is exploiting them and their music. And the fake ass wanker bought his momma to the grammys to sanctify his whiteness while Janet was being taken down by the wolves.

Stop playing, y'all know what he was up to.

rdhull
Charter member
33131 posts
Tue Sep-12-17 03:32 PM

36. "He wasnt considered that here during FSLS..which is the point"

and Im not saying I don't agree with your assessment wholeheartedly...

>Setting aside the Janet fiasco, I never liked the guy. I
>remember an interview he did years ago when he was asked about
>his musical influences. He shot off names like Stevie Wonder,
>Donnie Hathaway, Sam Cooke... typical boilerplate responses
>that white singers like himself use to try to validate their
>authenticity with black folks.
>
>He always rubbed me the wrong way. Seems like he's full of
>shit everytime he speaks and does what he does. And then he
>bought his mother with him to the Grammys to distance himself
>from the Janet thing. Which to me, proved how much of a
>douchbag he really was and still is.

Numba_33
Charter member
19328 posts
Tue Sep-12-17 03:37 PM

39. "Let's see how deep that hatred goes:"

How do you feel about the black musicians that work with Timberlake?

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

Airbreed
Charter member
29434 posts
Thu Sep-28-17 08:04 AM

59. "Nope."
In response to Reply # 39
Thu Sep-28-17 08:11 AM by Airbreed

>How do you feel about the black musicians that work with
>Timberlake?

As Kira said, they rode the wave. They exploited him just as that fuckboy exploited black music. It was a win, win.

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Tue Sep-12-17 08:48 AM

30. "The black guy from NSYNC? "
In response to Reply # 0

Yes

go mack
Member since May 02nd 2008
4020 posts
Tue Sep-12-17 08:50 AM

31. "He's a good SNL host"
In response to Reply # 0

if he hosts it again I might check. His music doesn't do anything for me, they were okay when they came out but don't see anyone playing them now.

Atillah Moor
13825 posts
Tue Sep-12-17 09:03 AM

32. "doesn't hold up at all even the ones that were 'good' or fun "
In response to Reply # 31

legsdiamond
79560 posts
Tue Sep-12-17 10:29 AM

34. "huh? "
In response to Reply # 32

Atillah Moor
13825 posts
Tue Sep-12-17 04:06 PM

41. "his songs "
In response to Reply # 34

legsdiamond
79560 posts
Wed Sep-13-17 08:40 AM

52. "oh, ok. I thought you meant his SNL skits..lol"
In response to Reply # 41

legsdiamond
79560 posts
Tue Sep-12-17 10:29 AM

33. "yup, I don't even watch SNL but I laughed at dick in a box"
In response to Reply # 31

GriftyMcgrift
Member since May 22nd 2002
20414 posts
Tue Sep-12-17 04:14 PM

43. "dude could bring back the variety show in the US"
In response to Reply # 33

id watch it

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49394 posts
Tue Sep-12-17 03:01 PM

35. "Man Showing Yo Titty at the Superbowl was damn dumb "
In response to Reply # 0

And I love Janet. She married a billionaire and had a baby at 63, I think she is over it. Yall should get over it too.

I am a little salty she got Kelly Rowland, Eve and now Rhianna thinking it's all about getting Osama Bin Ladin's cousin as a BM.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

Selah
Member since Jun 05th 2002
16484 posts
Tue Sep-12-17 03:47 PM

40. "dog...63??!"
In response to Reply # 35

jeez

Dstl1
Charter member
56226 posts
Tue Sep-12-17 04:33 PM

44. "smh...you said some silly shit here, man"
In response to Reply # 35

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

rdhull
Charter member
33131 posts
Tue Sep-12-17 03:34 PM

37. "I dont like how some of yall are makin this place a hostile environment"
In response to Reply # 0

With all you assumtions osed as facts, attmepts to discredit for obvious bs reasons when OP and other posts explains the meaning of the question(s) posed etc.

I mean some of yall got that yall niggas aint shit syndrome going on

ramaj1
Member since May 20th 2008
1393 posts
Tue Sep-12-17 04:53 PM

45. "He has always been one of the guiltiest of pleasures for me"
In response to Reply # 0

He is a good example of an unspectacular talent bolstered by spectuacular producers.

I remember the unadulterated love he'd get on here and among mainstream black listeners overall and never understood it.

rdhull
Charter member
33131 posts
Tue Sep-12-17 05:31 PM

49. "these fake militants still listen to Love Stoned-I Think That She Knows"
In response to Reply # 45

Im not fooled at these hit dogs lol

but that's all we are left with here 'mostly' now..hit dog assholes lol

>He is a good example of an unspectacular talent bolstered by
>spectuacular producers.
>
>I remember the unadulterated love he'd get on here and among
>mainstream black listeners overall and never understood it.
>
>

legsdiamond
79560 posts
Wed Sep-13-17 08:47 AM

53. "http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/cc/cca67bebd2968c11f33e5b13234a1966cb9070b08..."
In response to Reply # 49

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/cc/cca67bebd2968c11f33e5b13234a1966cb9070b085a097958dd5b0c0d897227c.jpg

Kira
Member since Nov 14th 2004
28842 posts
Wed Sep-13-17 12:13 AM

50. "I been a hater since his first appearance."
In response to Reply # 0

I always knew he was on some BS. He abandoned Janet so his pass got revoked. I give less than two shits about who cosigns him. Nah, you the impossible white man against all odds so assist the icon in her time of need. Abandoning her to the wolves is the most classless move in the history of the industry.

He's a straight up culture vulture. I remember him vying for the MJ cosign, getting it, and watching as he pulled the wool over everyone's eyes in subsequent years. I never bought his act and I'm glad he stopped recording music, stopped acting, and doing anything that has to stealing more from the black community.

rdhull
Charter member
33131 posts
Wed Sep-13-17 01:03 AM

51. "I can respect that..but what about the cosigners like Jay etc"
In response to Reply # 50

>I always knew he was on some BS. He abandoned Janet so his
>pass got revoked. I give less than two shits about who cosigns
>him. Nah, you the impossible white man against all odds so
>assist the icon in her time of need. Abandoning her to the
>wolves is the most classless move in the history of the
>industry.
>
>He's a straight up culture vulture. I remember him vying for
>the MJ cosign, getting it, and watching as he pulled the wool
>over everyone's eyes in subsequent years. I never bought his
>act and I'm glad he stopped recording music, stopped acting,
>and doing anything that has to stealing more from the black
>community.

Kira
Member since Nov 14th 2004
28842 posts
Wed Sep-27-17 06:07 PM

55. "Jay is focused on hit records."
In response to Reply # 51

Everyone else just rode the wave and I disdain them as well.

Now he gets to perform at the halftime show again. Janet's career was never the same whereas this guy continued without missing a beat. Black women have it hard and deserve way more credit for everything.

Dstl1
Charter member
56226 posts
Wed Sep-27-17 05:40 PM

54. "RE: Do y'all still hate Justin Timberlake"
In response to Reply # 0

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/913169071130234881?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

legsdiamond
79560 posts
Wed Sep-27-17 07:28 PM

56. "Smh.. this is some bullshit. "
In response to Reply # 54

BrooklynWHAT
85056 posts
Thu Sep-28-17 08:09 AM

60. "lmaoooooooooooo"

double 0
Member since Nov 17th 2004
7007 posts
Thu Sep-28-17 08:21 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
61. "RE: Do y'all still hate Justin Timberlake"

He need to bring janet out...

Do rite

Double 0
DJ/Producer/Artist
Producer in Kidz In The Hall
-------------------------------------------
twitter: @godouble0
IG: @godouble0
www.thinklikearapper.com

The3rdOne
Charter member
9105 posts
Thu Sep-28-17 11:04 AM

63. "NFL would retain any lost ratings"
In response to Reply # 61

from the season if that actually happened on the next SB.

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Thu Sep-28-17 08:01 AM

58. "I'm definitely not watching the NFL."
In response to Reply # 0

JT @ SB??? Not unless Janet rips off his drawers and we see that dick flop. And even then - no bc she'd be blamed for it and banned again.

fuck you.

Hitokiri
Charter member
22103 posts
Thu Sep-28-17 09:21 AM

62. "I think him playing the SB is a horrible look for him"
In response to Reply # 0

After the calls of appropriation, after the Janet fiasco, after the twitterstorm about Jesse William's BET Awards speech, him taking this gig would be terrible. You get called out for appropriation after saying how inspired you were by William's speech. Then there's a league embroiled in it's own racial turmoil, a black artist turns down the gig and you're like "Oh! Me! I'll do it!" Nah bruh. You need to sit this one out too.

--

"You can't beat white people. You can only knock them out."

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Thu Sep-28-17 12:47 PM

64. "I don't get the outrage with this, just because Jay-Z allegedly turned....."
In response to Reply # 62

it down anybody else that does it is a sellout?

Its not like he's J-Hud performing at Trump's inauguration.

Its not like any black players will boycott the Super Bowl.

Maybe JT will use the platform to make a statement.

legsdiamond
79560 posts
Thu Sep-28-17 12:52 PM

65. "yeah.. maybe. lol"
In response to Reply # 64

mistermaxxx08
Member since Dec 31st 2010
16076 posts
Sun Oct-01-17 04:04 PM

66. "he always been overrated to me and not the best singer in N Stank either"
In response to Reply # 0

turkey always been constipated musically to me. a marginal act who got treated like he was top tier. he ain't though

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

Miami Heat, New York Yankees,buffalo bills

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Sun Oct-01-17 07:30 PM

67. "hate is a strong word. loathe? despise? abhor? "
In response to Reply # 0

and don't give me any hindsight shit, i have not liked this guy since the fucking 90s. i will never forget the day a part of me died when i heard my back-up barber--a 350-pound bald black guy who usually spent the cut telling me about a new gun--say "THAT NEW JT HOARD."

he is the most insipid, over-polished blue-eyed soul act in history. it's a genre i normally (cautiously) enjoy, but nah i can't fuck with him.

also, hasn't his voice gotten higher? i remember on SNL he did some corny joke about people thinking he sounded like a black dude but when that lame ass "sunshine in my pockets" track dropped on the radio i asked "what black lady sings this?"

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13193648 Previous topic | Next topic