Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13178277

Subject: "Russia's Mafia State and how Trump Jr wasn't just meeting about orphans" Previous topic | Next topic
BigReg
Charter member
62390 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 01:49 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Russia's Mafia State and how Trump Jr wasn't just meeting about orphans"
Thu Jul-27-17 01:52 PM by BigReg

This reads a movie and should be read but ill give the TL: DR version along with some snippets

While Putin was strong arming other Russian Oligarchs to consolidate power a rich American businessman with ties in Russia naively tried to fight the corruption and got his boy killed. For revenge he got the Russian sanctions placed which put a damper on Putin and Co's money laundering abilities in the West (which Putin pettily responded with that orphan adoption ban) and Putin and co been fighting tooth and nail since they know as long as the cash stays in russia its not safe.

One of the main propagandists was the Russian lawyer who met with Trump and Kusher, so when they saying they are talking just about russian adoptions...

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/07/bill-browders-testimony-to-the-senate-judiciary-committee/534864/

...I had always thought Putin was a nationalist. It seemed inconceivable that he would approve of his officials stealing $230 million from the Russian state. Sergei and I were sure that this was a rogue operation and if we just brought it to the attention of the Russian authorities, the “good guys” would get the “bad guys” and that would be the end of the story.

We filed criminal complaints with every law enforcement agency in Russia, and Sergei gave sworn testimony to the Russian State Investigative Committee (Russia’s FBI) about the involvement of officials in this crime.

However, instead of arresting the people who committed the crime, Sergei was arrested. Who took him? The same officials he had testified against. On November 24, 2008, they came to his home, handcuffed him in front of his family, and threw him into pre-trial detention

...In 2010, I traveled to Washington and told Sergei Magnitsky’s story to Senators Benjamin Cardin and John McCain. They were both shocked and appalled and proposed a new piece of legislation called The Sergei Magnitsky Rule of Law Accountability Act. This would freeze assets and ban visas for those who killed Sergei as well as other Russians involved in serious human rights abuse.

...The Russian government has also used its resources and assets to try to repeal the Magnitsky Act. One of the most shocking attempts took place in the spring and summer of last year when a group of Russians went on a lobbying campaign in Washington to try to repeal the Magnitsky Act by changing the narrative of what had happened to Sergei. According to them, Sergei wasn’t murdered and he wasn’t a whistle-blower, and the Magnitsky Act was based on a false set of facts. They used this story to try to have Sergei’s name taken off of the Global Magnitsky Act that passed in December 2016. They were unsuccessful.

Who was this group of Russians acting on behalf of the Russian state? Two men named Pyotr and Denis Katsyv, a woman named Natalia Veselnitskaya, and a large group of American lobbyists, all of whom are described below.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
All I know is Russian police aren't shooting men and children for sport
Jul 27th 2017
Sometimes you don't have to do this
Jul 27th 2017
I know but I truly don't get what the Russian threat is
Jul 27th 2017
RE: I know but I truly don't get what the Russian threat is
Jul 27th 2017
America doesn't have an analog for what you listed?
Jul 27th 2017
      Do you just always reflexively counter with what "we" do?
Jul 27th 2017
           There is so much propaganda surrounding the US Russia relationship
Jul 27th 2017
                RE: There is so much propaganda surrounding the US Russia relationship
Jul 27th 2017
open a book not imagined in you own mind once and a while
Jul 27th 2017
Srry not seeing it. Cuban missle crisis seems US instigated if you ask m...
Jul 27th 2017
like i said you don't read or have any type of analysis
Jul 27th 2017
      Your ideas are intriguing and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Jul 27th 2017
      Well it's not like you threw out a solid position in your first reply
Jul 27th 2017
      RE: like i said you don't read or have any type of analysis
Jul 28th 2017
           who do you know that's in the military?
Jul 28th 2017
He's the drunk uncle who has a smart dumb response for everything
Jul 27th 2017
      most things legs -- most things
Jul 27th 2017
           I wasn't trying to start a dogpile. Marble summed up my feelings on this
Jul 28th 2017
What scares me the most about it is how quickly norms have gone out
Jul 27th 2017
      broken ppl...wannabe nihilists.
Jul 27th 2017
      srry man but I read your exchange with Legs
Jul 27th 2017
      Im talking ABOUT you (among others) but not to or with you.
Jul 27th 2017
           Here comes the tirade. Don't let us down buddy.
Jul 27th 2017
           Black Denny may be touched.
Jul 27th 2017
                Touched like being shown respect by someone you have in your home
Jul 27th 2017
                     AND had drinks with you on occasions. But you're not teflon. Nor beyond
Jul 28th 2017
                          Yeah I never said I believed the earth was flat at all
Jul 28th 2017
      Yeah, I just shake my head...
Jul 27th 2017
      A lot of those folks would have voted Bernie but the DNC is dirty
Jul 27th 2017
           Do you read more than you opine?
Jul 27th 2017
                Read more than opine and look at numbers and history
Jul 27th 2017
      When you stop calling black people Niggers you can be taken seriously
Jul 27th 2017
      Well said
Jul 28th 2017
      RE: broken ppl...wannabe nihilists.
Jul 28th 2017
           a school full of white children was massacred and nothing changed
Jul 28th 2017
                An innocent man was murdered in front of his family - the killer walked
Jul 28th 2017
      That's one way to put it and I partially agree
Jul 27th 2017
      Us vs them ain't the same thing as this.
Jul 27th 2017
      jokes on you. the norms were never there. nobody was bold enough to push...
Jul 27th 2017
           Yes and no. Are you old enough to remember life before 9/11?
Jul 27th 2017
           RE: Yes and no. Are you old enough to remember life before 9/11?
Jul 27th 2017
Jul 27th 2017
Jul 27th 2017
                          Piggybacking off you in reply to him.
Jul 27th 2017
                               oh gotcha...my bad
Jul 27th 2017
           Slightly more complicated than that
Jul 27th 2017
Him dumb
Jul 27th 2017
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/SBacP3u_TPI/hqdefault.jpg
Jul 27th 2017
This has been going on for a while... (it's not just Atillah either)
Jul 27th 2017
      Whats happening with/to black america >>> Russia IMO
Jul 27th 2017
           That's cool. Most of us on the boards probably agree on that.
Jul 27th 2017
                Okay that I get. Admittedly I need a better outlet for my disdain
Jul 27th 2017
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_in_Russia#Africans
Jul 27th 2017
are you pointing out the school funding or anti American propaganda
Jul 27th 2017
      LOL. Russia murked 20 mil of their people tho
Jul 27th 2017
      You don't want to know what I really think about this world
Jul 27th 2017
      Just pointing out that the grass isn't any greener
Jul 27th 2017
           I'm not saying it is but this Russian boogieman thing is played out imo
Jul 27th 2017
                i wish it was played out
Jul 27th 2017
                RE: I'm not saying it is but this Russian boogieman thing is played out ...
Jul 28th 2017
RE: All I know is Russian police aren't shooting men and children for sp...
Jul 28th 2017
Its time to give this Russia stuff up. Its not gonna matter; no matter w...
Jul 27th 2017
But like ... we can't?
Jul 27th 2017
basically.
Jul 28th 2017
No it matters.
Jul 27th 2017
It's important. But in terms of current politics it doesn't matter at al...
Jul 27th 2017
exactly...the Dems need an actual message this time
Jul 27th 2017
      Yup. Let it play out but focus on the failed attempts at repealing the A...
Jul 28th 2017
           Sounds like .... every political campaign ever lol
Jul 28th 2017
                well, it works better than "vote for me because I'm not him"
Jul 28th 2017
                     'our majorities cant pass legislation and our president works for putin'
Jul 28th 2017
i really dont get this attitude at all.
Jul 28th 2017

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 02:52 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "All I know is Russian police aren't shooting men and children for sport"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Jul-27-17 02:54 PM by Atillah Moor

If Trump goes down due to his dealings so be it, but I'm not team OMG Russia!!

We should be working with them not against

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79601 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 02:59 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Sometimes you don't have to do this"
In response to Reply # 1

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Atillah Moor
13825 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 03:03 PM

3. "I know but I truly don't get what the Russian threat is "
In response to Reply # 2

They got their fucked up shit and America has theirs

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 03:10 PM

5. "RE: I know but I truly don't get what the Russian threat is "
In response to Reply # 3
Thu Jul-27-17 03:12 PM by MEAT

>They got their fucked up shit and America has theirs

They don't keep their murders on their shores and local agencies are unable to really stop it.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/heidiblake/from-russia-with-blood-14-suspected-hits-on-british-soil?utm_term=.pbprawexr#.irVXQM3OX

They have backdoor access to a huge security system, ever had your social stolen? It sucks. Just look at Luckey Whitehead.

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/kaspersky-antivirus-now-freely-available-114403121.html

http://www.businessinsider.com/kaspersky-and-russian-spies-2015-3

They can shut down power grids. Remember my post the other month about power outages during a heat wave or what about a snow storm? People will die from that

http://www.newsweek.com/russian-hackers-shut-ukraine-power-grid-415751

They're arming the people our troops are fighting. Me and you aren't over there. But I have a half dozen friends and family members on perpetual tours of duties

http://www.newsweek.com/taliban-claim-russians-provided-their-guns-afghanistan-probes-reports-641426

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

Atillah Moor
13825 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 03:16 PM

7. "America doesn't have an analog for what you listed?"
In response to Reply # 5
Thu Jul-27-17 03:23 PM by Atillah Moor

Out of respect I'll leave the war issue alone.

But is it really that one sided? Do you really think America can't shut down Russia's power grid or hack its systems? That organised crime here isn't somehow connected to organised crime there? Personally I find that hard to believe.

I will say that no nation has won in Afghanistan with or without Russian arms being supplied to the opposing forces. Not the British, not the Russians, and why the US thinks it can beat the odds is a serious question that has gone unanswered. So that's as much as I'll say about that my apologies for not taking it completely off the table

MEAT
22257 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 03:36 PM

13. "Do you just always reflexively counter with what "we" do?"
In response to Reply # 7

Because you tend to convey that a lot. And by doing so strips anything of context and is a dumbed down version of the conversation.

No. Jeff Bezos and Bill Gates aren't propped up by the government with secret, unaccountable, assassination squads globally.

No, our government isn't targeting other countries by distributing software and backdooring into it. Germany, France, the U.K. have pretty strict laws and penaltie, China has censorship.

Yes, we do arm the enemies of our enemies see Syria, but Russia is our enemy. So we're currently in a proxy war with them via these actions.

------

Atillah Moor
13825 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 03:45 PM

17. "There is so much propaganda surrounding the US Russia relationship"
In response to Reply # 13
Thu Jul-27-17 03:45 PM by Atillah Moor

that I just got to boil down to what I perceive to be basics

What has Russia done to harm people like you and me? Now if you group yourself with White Americans as an American than fine you drink the kool aid or really believe them to be a threat.

Personally I see the biggest threats to people like you and me being right here in America not Russia

MEAT
22257 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 03:47 PM

20. "RE: There is so much propaganda surrounding the US Russia relationship"
In response to Reply # 17

>that I just got to boil down to what I perceive to be basics
>
>What has Russia done to harm people like you and me? Now if
>you group yourself with White Americans as an American than
>fine you drink the kool aid or really believe them to be a
>threat.
>
>Personally I see the biggest threats to people like you and me
>being right here in America not Russia

It doesn't have to be either or. It can be equally gross. Irreparable identify fraud and the potential to have you locked in a sweltering apartment are real, and part of their MO. It's not propaganda, it's something they do, with regularity.

------

astralblak
Member since Apr 05th 2007
20029 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 03:21 PM

8. "open a book not imagined in you own mind once and a while"
In response to Reply # 3

Atillah Moor
13825 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 03:25 PM

9. "Srry not seeing it. Cuban missle crisis seems US instigated if you ask m..."
In response to Reply # 8
Thu Jul-27-17 03:30 PM by Atillah Moor

If you're trying to take the "Communism Bad!!" approach I'm just not buying it

astralblak
Member since Apr 05th 2007
20029 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 05:21 PM

39. "like i said you don't read or have any type of analysis"
In response to Reply # 9

the fact you think I would be on some "communism bad," when I co-signed what you said in the Jessica William's show thread about other ethnic groups being read as or identifying as "black" outside the US, then citing a Marxist author within my reply, proves how you have very little grasp of intellectual thought.

it also shows you have very little grasp of what goes on with America in relation to Russia geopolitically.

while most economic forces within the G7 are moving towards a post-nation state technocracy, Russia, who is not in the G7, is one of the only global powers stuck in economic crisis, but still has an old world "might is right," "brute force is the only true power," view.

they are literally a main catalyst in the crisis in Syria. That feeds the immigrant/refugee crisis. Which has been a crucial vehicle in the rise of global white nationalism. Oh they also have nukes, and murder public officials in their streets.

They are just as shitty and possibly more maniacal than our own powers when it comes to violence.

And now it seems they have colluded with an idiot mediocre white man, and his band of mediocre idiots, because Russia, understands 45 and his band of idiots, are isolating the US geopolitically, which is good for them.

they are your enemy like white supremacy is your enemy. like the obsession for power from above is your enemy.

or you can keep thinking they are cute little "Commie" island like Cuba... I mean you really brought up the Cuban missile crisis... good lord... like WWI, WWII, and the Cold War weren't actual things

or you could start by reading Robeson's Here I Stand or Lorde's Sister Outsider for Black global perspectives on Russia from a autobio-historical lens, or not

and just keep making things up in your mind

MEAT
22257 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 05:27 PM

41. "Your ideas are intriguing and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter. "
In response to Reply # 39

------

Atillah Moor
13825 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 07:11 PM

47. "Well it's not like you threw out a solid position in your first reply"
Thu Jul-27-17 07:25 PM by Atillah Moor

But I did enjoy your snarky statement for what it's worth

>the fact you think I would be on some "communism bad," when I
>co-signed what you said in the Jessica William's show thread
>about other ethnic groups being read as or identifying as
>"black" outside the US, then citing a Marxist author within my
>reply, proves how you have very little grasp of intellectual
>thought.

I cited someone? I was just trying to figure out what your angle was since you didn't provide one

>it also shows you have very little grasp of what goes on with
>America in relation to Russia geopolitically.

I know that Kennedy was killed the day Bobby met with Kruschev(sp?) to broker a peace deal

I know that Russia once had a lot more territory and it's not like America didn't assist in that collapse yet America aids Saudi Arabia which may very well have played a role in 911

I know if the US lost half of its states it would use similar right makes right approaches to getting back its lost states which it doesn't even have any true ethnic claim to

I know that a lot of this beef between the two superpowers is over some petty and poorly thought out looting of Nazi research and scientists so yeah no wonder there is such strong white supremacist sentitment in both nations. Tends to happen when you pardon overzealous racist war criminals and place them in positions of power

>while most economic forces within the G7 are moving towards a
>post-nation state technocracy, Russia, who is not in the G7,
>is one of the only global powers stuck in economic crisis, but
>still has an old world "might is right," "brute force is the
>only true power," view.

Let's be real. This is the same thing happening here and has always happened. They showed you they're ready during Furgeson and Americas police are militiaeized as hell

>they are literally a main catalyst in the crisis in Syria.
>That feeds the immigrant/refugee crisis. Which has been a
>crucial vehicle in the rise of global white nationalism. Oh
>they also have nukes, and murder public officials in their
>streets.

We want the oil there too keep it 100. Americas corporate interests in that region are as much to blame and white people are to blame for white nationalism not Russia. The onus is on their culture at large. You don't need russians to spread no damn white supremacy. Americas politicians are shot and or killed in the streets too only by "lone wolfs" every.single.time

>They are just as shitty and possibly more maniacal than our
>own powers when it comes to violence.

Yup but when I see a bunch of white people grinning in front of dead negroes I'm not going to say they are more maniacal

>And now it seems they have colluded with an idiot mediocre
>white man, and his band of mediocre idiots, because Russia,
>understands 45 and his band of idiots, are isolating the US
>geopolitically, which is good for them.

People get the leader they deserve and you know the chickens must come home to roost at some point

>they are your enemy like white supremacy is your enemy. like
>the obsession for power from above is your enemy.

Who's been at it longer?

>or you can keep thinking they are cute little "Commie" island
>like Cuba... I mean you really brought up the Cuban missile
>crisis... good lord... like WWI, WWII, and the Cold War
>weren't actual things

Addressed above. Russia is the affect America is the cause when I look through the lens of history

>or you could start by reading Robeson's Here I Stand or
>Lorde's Sister Outsider for Black global perspectives on
>Russia from a autobio-historical lens, or not

Was thinking about it. I thought he enjoyed his time there perhaps I was mistaken.

>and just keep making things up in your mind
if I made up anything in this response please point it out

murph71
Member since Sep 15th 2005
23113 posts
Fri Jul-28-17 10:44 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
62. "RE: like i said you don't read or have any type of analysis"

>the fact you think I would be on some "communism bad," when I
>co-signed what you said in the Jessica William's show thread
>about other ethnic groups being read as or identifying as
>"black" outside the US, then citing a Marxist author within my
>reply, proves how you have very little grasp of intellectual
>thought.
>
>it also shows you have very little grasp of what goes on with
>America in relation to Russia geopolitically.
>
>while most economic forces within the G7 are moving towards a
>post-nation state technocracy, Russia, who is not in the G7,
>is one of the only global powers stuck in economic crisis, but
>still has an old world "might is right," "brute force is the
>only true power," view.
>
>they are literally a main catalyst in the crisis in Syria.
>That feeds the immigrant/refugee crisis. Which has been a
>crucial vehicle in the rise of global white nationalism. Oh
>they also have nukes, and murder public officials in their
>streets.
>
>They are just as shitty and possibly more maniacal than our
>own powers when it comes to violence.
>
>And now it seems they have colluded with an idiot mediocre
>white man, and his band of mediocre idiots, because Russia,
>understands 45 and his band of idiots, are isolating the US
>geopolitically, which is good for them.
>
>they are your enemy like white supremacy is your enemy. like
>the obsession for power from above is your enemy.
>
>or you can keep thinking they are cute little "Commie" island
>like Cuba... I mean you really brought up the Cuban missile
>crisis... good lord... like WWI, WWII, and the Cold War
>weren't actual things
>
>or you could start by reading Robeson's Here I Stand or
>Lorde's Sister Outsider for Black global perspectives on
>Russia from a autobio-historical lens, or not
>
>and just keep making things up in your mind

Bang bang^^^^^

GOAT of his era......long live Prince.....God is alive....

Atillah Moor
13825 posts
Fri Jul-28-17 10:46 AM

63. "who do you know that's in the military?"
In response to Reply # 62

legsdiamond
79601 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 03:34 PM

11. "He's the drunk uncle who has a smart dumb response for everything"
In response to Reply # 8

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Atillah Moor
13825 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 03:54 PM

24. "most things legs -- most things "
In response to Reply # 11

legsdiamond
79601 posts
Fri Jul-28-17 07:33 AM

58. "I wasn't trying to start a dogpile. Marble summed up my feelings on this"
In response to Reply # 24

Stadiq
Member since Dec 21st 2005
4878 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 03:28 PM

10. "What scares me the most about it is how quickly norms have gone out"
In response to Reply # 3

the window.

Think about things in the last just 7-10 months that a good portion of the country is okay with, even cheering-

openly working with Russia to take down a rival, attacking the press, encouraging violence against the press/protesters, openly vilifying and insulting the previous administration, straight up lies on top of lies, p*$$y tape, etc, video banned at press briefings, etc.

I'm not going to pretend to know the ins and outs of our relationship with Russia, all I know is that it is a big part of a long list that an already broken country will now openly accept.

Yeah, that scares me.

I mean, I also hope it eventually brings dudes down, of course.

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 03:35 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
12. "broken ppl...wannabe nihilists."
In response to Reply # 10
Thu Jul-27-17 03:37 PM by SoWhat

ppl who don't have much invested in the idea or reality of "the USA" so they don't care if some foreign power has influenced an election or if norms are being violated b/c "fuck America anyway".

same line of thought that was ok w/Trump being elected despite calls from rational ppl that his election would place the country in jeopardy in several different ways..."fuck America anyway".

they're broken and need healing. but while they remain in their broken state they think they don't care about anything b/c everything is trash. they're not thinking clearly. unfortunately plenty of them can vote and have some agency and shit and so they can make decisions irrationally that impact the rest of us.

they're not unlike mad toddlers just throwing shit all over a room b/c they're upset and lack the skills to address the thing that's upset them so instead they just yell and throw shit.

fuck you.

Atillah Moor
13825 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 03:42 PM

16. "srry man but I read your exchange with Legs "
In response to Reply # 12

you are the last person qualified to call anyone broken I mean shit.. I don't need to say anything else

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 05:30 PM

42. "Im talking ABOUT you (among others) but not to or with you."
In response to Reply # 16

Stfu.

fuck you.

Atillah Moor
13825 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 07:33 PM

49. "Here comes the tirade. Don't let us down buddy. "
In response to Reply # 42
Thu Jul-27-17 07:41 PM by Atillah Moor

Oh and I'm talking directly to you and don't really give a fuck who you address, but don't waste too much effort replying as I wouldn't want you to get your black shoepolish smudged on your keyboard

MEAT
22257 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 08:09 PM

50. "Black Denny may be touched. "
In response to Reply # 42

------

Atillah Moor
13825 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 08:27 PM

51. "Touched like being shown respect by someone you have in your home "
In response to Reply # 50
Thu Jul-27-17 08:40 PM by Atillah Moor

Who finds you to be a decent person only to then show that person a completely opposite side of yourself due to disagreeing about bullshit on a public message board?

You mean that kind of touched?

Help me out here. Maybe I'm misunderstanding.

MEAT
22257 posts
Fri Jul-28-17 01:24 AM

55. "AND had drinks with you on occasions. But you're not teflon. Nor beyond"
In response to Reply # 51

Reproach. And for the last year or so you've been ever increasing bullshit. It started with that thread about the black girl being body slammed, it apexed with the flat earther thruther stuff, and then it's just been non stop post after post about being critical about black people at all times. Doesn't matter if it's a post on black pain, or white atrocity, you almost immediately flip it to condemn black people. I'd call my own mama out on that, nobody else should've expect any less.

------

Atillah Moor
13825 posts
Fri Jul-28-17 06:33 AM

56. "Yeah I never said I believed the earth was flat at all "
In response to Reply # 55
Fri Jul-28-17 06:54 AM by Atillah Moor

And I stand by what I said about the different ways in which children of different cultural/ethnic backgrounds act out

And yeah black people in America are fighting a war on two fronts

Atrocities? Are you talking about that Nword post? If you can't see the irony in a white person trying to trademark something that most white people use like it's their last name maybe step back from the abyss a bit or petition against it -- whatever

I find it odd that you're far less direct in person than over fiber optics and copper wires. If you can't call me dumb to my face but find the courage to be so bold online well to each their own I suppose

Let's both pick a character of antiquity -- Abraham or Lot and act accordingly

https://i.imgur.com/suUWUWh_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

Stadiq
4878 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 03:45 PM

18. "Yeah, I just shake my head..."

though that a lot of these people probably have 'Murican flags displayed in their front yard and sh!t.

I'll never understand how these folks reconcile accepting/embracing this sh!t with their "patriotism"

Like, you really hated a black president THAT bad huh?

The scare part though, in addition to thinking about what other sh!t will become acceptable over the next few years, is how does it get fixed?

Atillah Moor
13825 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 04:27 PM

33. "A lot of those folks would have voted Bernie but the DNC is dirty "
In response to Reply # 18

Just like the GOP call it what it is -- a polluted mess

MEAT
22257 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 04:30 PM

34. "Do you read more than you opine?"
In response to Reply # 33

A lot of things you write sound good, but have been studied and clarified or debunked.

------

Atillah Moor
13825 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 04:35 PM

35. "Read more than opine and look at numbers and history "
In response to Reply # 34
Thu Jul-27-17 04:37 PM by Atillah Moor

that's is the basis for all my opions on this board (mostly)

Atillah Moor
13825 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 03:49 PM

21. "When you stop calling black people Niggers you can be taken seriously"
Thu Jul-27-17 03:50 PM by Atillah Moor

but seeing as how you love that which clearly hates you so very very much I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Mgmt
Member since Feb 17th 2005
21496 posts
Fri Jul-28-17 08:17 AM

60. "Well said"

>ppl who don't have much invested in the idea or reality of
>"the USA" so they don't care if some foreign power has
>influenced an election or if norms are being violated b/c
>"fuck America anyway".
>
>same line of thought that was ok w/Trump being elected despite
>calls from rational ppl that his election would place the
>country in jeopardy in several different ways..."fuck America
>anyway".
>
>they're broken and need healing. but while they remain in
>their broken state they think they don't care about anything
>b/c everything is trash. they're not thinking clearly.
>unfortunately plenty of them can vote and have some agency and
>shit and so they can make decisions irrationally that impact
>the rest of us.
>
>they're not unlike mad toddlers just throwing shit all over a
>room b/c they're upset and lack the skills to address the
>thing that's upset them so instead they just yell and throw
>shit.

murph71
23113 posts
Fri Jul-28-17 10:48 AM

64. "RE: broken ppl...wannabe nihilists."

>ppl who don't have much invested in the idea or reality of
>"the USA" so they don't care if some foreign power has
>influenced an election or if norms are being violated b/c
>"fuck America anyway".
>
>same line of thought that was ok w/Trump being elected despite
>calls from rational ppl that his election would place the
>country in jeopardy in several different ways..."fuck America
>anyway".
>
>they're broken and need healing. but while they remain in
>their broken state they think they don't care about anything
>b/c everything is trash. they're not thinking clearly.
>unfortunately plenty of them can vote and have some agency and
>shit and so they can make decisions irrationally that impact
>the rest of us.
>
>they're not unlike mad toddlers just throwing shit all over a
>room b/c they're upset and lack the skills to address the
>thing that's upset them so instead they just yell and throw
>shit.

Indeed...Unchecked nihilism mixed with healthy dose of conspiratorial bliss....

Basically, it's Donald Trump....

Atillah Moor
13825 posts
Fri Jul-28-17 12:22 PM

66. "a school full of white children was massacred and nothing changed "
In response to Reply # 64
Fri Jul-28-17 12:26 PM by Atillah Moor

despite the people (myself included) calling senators and signing petitions. The American people (if there is such a thing) were largely in support of their politicians passing some form of legislation to help prevent such events in the future and those motherfuckers didn't do a damned thing.

The system failed and it continues to fail. How are any of you/us for whom the system was never designed going to keep it from failing?

Is that not a clear enough message for all of you who think that you will be able to march, hold hands, get tear gassed and clubbed into bringing about change? But yeah Russia is what's really causing the problems.

This country doesn't even give a fuck about it's own WHITE children when it's majority demographic is in steady decline.

Keep at it though. Let me know how your hope in democracy and faith in something that has never ceased to persecute you works out.

Atillah Moor
13825 posts
Fri Jul-28-17 12:45 PM

68. "An innocent man was murdered in front of his family - the killer walked"
In response to Reply # 66
Fri Jul-28-17 01:07 PM by Atillah Moor

A child was shot leaving a party for no damn reason

Just what in the hell do you all think is going to "Change" if the other party was in charge?

The problem isn't the parties it's WHO the parties are comprised of. Shitty Fucking People who represent many many more Shitty Fucking People. They are not going to become less shitty until they shuffle off their mortal coils. It's either speed up that process or congregate and find ways to outlast and outsmart such individuals IMO.

Keep marching protesting and blocking traffic maybe a new way of changing a leopards spots will come about as a result.

MEAT
22257 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 03:39 PM

15. "That's one way to put it and I partially agree "

On the other hand, sticking it to "the other" has always been a part of America. Lynching parties, segragation, freedom fries, Popeye propogana, the red scare, concentration camps, the Dixie chicks, sports (jumbled list of differing severity)... there's never been one social thing that America hasn't "us" vs "them"d

------

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 05:24 PM

40. "Us vs them ain't the same thing as this."
In response to Reply # 15
Thu Jul-27-17 05:26 PM by SoWhat

This is about 'wanting to see America burn'. Or more like not caring or being indifferent about the possibility that America could be damaged or at least compromised.

fuck you.

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85074 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 04:05 PM

26. "jokes on you. the norms were never there. nobody was bold enough to push..."

even the worst politicians before operated in good faith and w/ a sense of decorum and respect for the process.

trump looked at all that and said it was weak af.

<--- Big Baller World Order

MEAT
22257 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 04:08 PM

"Yes and no. Are you old enough to remember life before 9/11?"

No snark. Just that foxification, right wing, low decorum shit really hit the gas pedal after all of that.

------

Stadiq
4878 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 04:11 PM

31. "RE: Yes and no. Are you old enough to remember life before 9/11?"
In response to Reply # 0

>No snark. Just that foxification, right wing, low decorum
>shit really hit the gas pedal after all of that.

Word

MEAT
22257 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 04:17 PM

32. "RE: Yes and no. Are you old enough to remember life before 9/11?"
In response to Reply # 31
Thu Jul-27-17 04:19 PM by MEAT

Like 15? People came and knocked down the towers and then every single day of white americas life became "they're coming for you next" then it was "they're secretly here and waiting to strike" then when there was black president it was "he's one of them and he's waiting for his people to get you"

White america has been served a daily dose of paranoia for 16 years straight at least at this point. Even Bin Laden being killed wasn't enough, they wanted the body. They'll never have enough, there will always be more to hate, now that it's not just brown people it's also the whites that force them to try to accept brown people.

Trump is the id. He was on the TV week after week, as the last person standing to prove Obama was one of them. He's a hero to a lot of them. They morphed with him.
Historically. This won't end well.

------

Stadiq
4878 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 04:42 PM

36. "RE: Yes and no. Are you old enough to remember life before 9/11?"
In response to Reply # 32
Thu Jul-27-17 04:43 PM by Stadiq

>Like 15? People came and knocked down the towers and then
>every single day of white americas life became "they're coming
>for you next" then it was "they're secretly here and waiting
>to strike" then when there was black president it was "he's
>one of them and he's waiting for his people to get you"
>
>White america has been served a daily dose of paranoia for 16
>years straight at least at this point. Even Bin Laden being
>killed wasn't enough, they wanted the body. They'll never have
>enough, there will always be more to hate, now that it's not
>just brown people it's also the whites that force them to try
>to accept brown people.
>

Wait, was this for me or Brooklyn?

I said "word" because that is what I'm getting at. How much non "presidential" sh!t Murica is accepting because they hated the black guy who had the office before.

Like...remember when bubba wasn't presidential, and even got impeached, for lying about a bl0w j0b?

Dubya was going to "restore honor and integrity to the whitehouse..."

I get that America has been f*cked up.

I get that politicians play nice and put on a show.

I get that.

But my point is just to sit back and think about all that has transpired just since p*$$y tape..? sh!!!!t

I honestly didn't think about 9-11's role. My working theory was them losing "their" country to a black man who they painted as liberal, but honestly wasn't even THAT liberal.

>Trump is the id. He was on the TV week after week, as the last
>person standing to prove Obama was one of them. He's a hero to
>a lot of them. They morphed with him.
> Historically. This won't end well.

This is also my point. It is scary how much people have accepted the past 7 months...what else is coming?

How does it get fixed, etc.

MEAT
22257 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 04:44 PM

37. "Piggybacking off you in reply to him. "
In response to Reply # 36

------

Stadiq
4878 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 04:46 PM

38. "oh gotcha...my bad"
In response to Reply # 37

Stadiq
4878 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 04:10 PM

30. "Slightly more complicated than that"
In response to Reply # 26

MEAT
22257 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 03:04 PM

4. "Him dumb"
In response to Reply # 2

------

Atillah Moor
13825 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 03:11 PM

6. "https://i.ytimg.com/vi/SBacP3u_TPI/hqdefault.jpg"
In response to Reply # 4

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/SBacP3u_TPI/hqdefault.jpg

One of the best things about being black in America is the benefit of being called every name in the book. Maybe that's why I don't I bother returning the favor.

Marbles
Member since Oct 19th 2004
22290 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 03:38 PM

14. "This has been going on for a while... (it's not just Atillah either)"
In response to Reply # 2

It's become a really lame way to address posts on OKP for a minute now.

"But it's not black enough!" or "That doesn't apply to black folks!"

Atillah Moor
13825 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 03:47 PM

19. "Whats happening with/to black america >>> Russia IMO"
In response to Reply # 14
Thu Jul-27-17 03:56 PM by Atillah Moor

you disagree then you be the first to reply and we can throw stones at your glass house

Marbles
Member since Oct 19th 2004
22290 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 04:03 PM

25. "That's cool. Most of us on the boards probably agree on that."
In response to Reply # 19

>you disagree then you be the first to reply and we can throw
>stones at your glass house

But I like to think that folks are smart enough to be able to discuss separate issues. We can recognize and discuss a variety of things without it becoming a referendum on how black the issue is.

Atillah Moor
13825 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 04:06 PM

27. "Okay that I get. Admittedly I need a better outlet for my disdain "
In response to Reply # 25

Hopefully it won't put me In the news headline

j/k

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13573 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 03:50 PM

22. "https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_in_Russia#Africans"
In response to Reply # 1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_in_Russia#Africans

Atillah Moor
13825 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 03:53 PM

23. "are you pointing out the school funding or anti American propaganda "
In response to Reply # 22
Thu Jul-27-17 03:59 PM by Atillah Moor

similar to the us depicting Putin as the devil? And regarding racism there it certainly doesn't look WORSE than the US.

Russia doesn't have a 300+ year history systematically hating black people which has to account for something.

BigReg
Charter member
62390 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 04:06 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
28. "LOL. Russia murked 20 mil of their people tho"
In response to Reply # 23

I agree America has a long history of using Russian propaganda as an excuse for imperialism. (Shit, US has a long excuse as using an arbitrarily chose 'other' for an excuse for their imperialism)

HOWEVER.

The whole, 'gotta hear both sides' is just disingenuous. You're effectively saying 'they fucking up' so why can't we 'fuck up'.

Putin IS the devil; he's clamped down on human rights, played with jingoism, murdered his opposition and journalists not because of some great vision of a new Soviet Union, but for motherfucking cash.

The fact that the US has bloody hands as much as Russia doesn't excuse the fact its fucked up and NEITHER should get pass.

My thing is you type like that shit don't affect you nigga and you in the trees

Atillah Moor
13825 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 04:08 PM

29. "You don't want to know what I really think about this world "
In response to Reply # 28
Thu Jul-27-17 04:14 PM by Atillah Moor

But if you did know you'd understand why I give zero fucks

I mean how many young men did America murk for Vietnam which wasn't based on any real threat and how many black people died and are still dying for cash? I mean if we weren't a nation that practiced such hypocrisy I'd be way more on board but shit man America has some vile unspeakable actions in its closet. I don't know I can't look at Russia and say they are worse.

You're right both are guilty and really all are but if that's the case aren't we just splitting hairs?

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13573 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 06:23 PM

46. "Just pointing out that the grass isn't any greener"
In response to Reply # 23

White supremacist gathering underscores Russia's nationalist trend
http://www.latimes.com/world/europe/la-fg-russia-neonazi-20150822-story.html

Black in the USSR: what's life like for a 'Russian of colour'?
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/feb/15/black-in-the-ussr-whats-life-like-for-a-russian-of-colour

African migrants in Russia describe 'hell on Earth'
http://www.latimes.com/world/africa/la-fg-russia-africans-20141102-story.html

A black couple's trip to Russia
https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g298484-i718-k3299834-A_black_couple_s_trip_to_Russia-Moscow_Central_Russia.html

First Black Elected Official Defies Racism In Russia
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=130102777

What what I've read, seems like a not-so-bad place to visit, but a not-so-good place to live for black people.

Atillah Moor
13825 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 07:32 PM

48. "I'm not saying it is but this Russian boogieman thing is played out imo"
In response to Reply # 46

and personally I believe in getting your own shit straightened out before trying to straighten out someone else's

>What what I've read, seems like a not-so-bad place to visit,
>but a not-so-good place to live for black people.

I feel like this could apply to right here sometimes

makaveli
Charter member
16305 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 09:52 PM

53. "i wish it was played out"
In response to Reply # 48

but what Russia is doing is actually pretty scary.

“So back we go to these questions — friendship, character… ethics.”

murph71
23113 posts
Fri Jul-28-17 10:54 AM

65. "RE: I'm not saying it is but this Russian boogieman thing is played out ..."
In response to Reply # 48

Nothing is "played out" about it...Dolt 45 didn't become President just because he appealed to low information, tantrum-throwing, racist white folk who could;t look at their shadow after the first black President. Putin indeed played a role....No, they are not the most dangerous mufuckas on the face of the earth. But Trump damn well is....And that's enough to connect the dots....

murph71
23113 posts
Fri Jul-28-17 10:40 AM

61. "RE: All I know is Russian police aren't shooting men and children for sp..."
In response to Reply # 1

>If Trump goes down due to his dealings so be it, but I'm not
>team OMG Russia!!
>
>We should be working with them not against

Oh...

Binladen
Charter member
14123 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 05:42 PM

43. "Its time to give this Russia stuff up. Its not gonna matter; no matter w..."
In response to Reply # 0

it is.

MEAT
22257 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 05:53 PM

44. "But like ... we can't?"
In response to Reply # 43

What part of our democratic process is being hijacked by a foreign power, without our best interest, and is holding the president hostage are folks not getting?

Russian influence is affecting housing via shell corps and money laundering, which will determine if you'll be able to get a house or your tax rates or accelerate genetrification.

Russian influence is affecting manufacturing (Russia steel) which is determining which communities are thriving at the expense of others.

Russian influence is affecting laws, see everything Jeff Sessions is doing

Russian influence has allowed this president to be enabled by his congress, who's pushing judges in circuits at an alarming rate and unless we manage to get to 2018 and win (Russian influence) thouse court systems aren't coming back in our life times.

Russian influence is affecting our foreign policy, got some service member friends in classified jobs or in dangerous areas? They're not completely subject to the whims of Putin

Russia has infiltrated a number of our grids, has attempted to access our nuclear sites, and has stolen countless identities.

Russia is quite literally everything right now. If you choose to stay in this country you're choosing to ether be run by Russia or try to navigate life protected by it.

------

mystereeq
Member since Aug 24th 2009
34 posts
Fri Jul-28-17 12:55 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
69. "basically."
In response to Reply # 44

---

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 05:56 PM

45. "No it matters. "

It is a LONG game. What matters is the result of Mueller's investigation. The pieces of info we get along the way - feel free to ignore them. I mostly do. Bc I can't let Maddow whip me into a frenzy every night over whatever WaPo/NYT have just found out about Trump/et al connections to various nefarious Ruskie oligarch villains. It's too much. I'll wait. Bc Mueller. And I doubt a Repug Congress will do much with the info. DOJ may not charge the right ppl. But...history. This will be remembered one way or another. The consequences may not hit Trump. But the Repugs? That party is going to answer for these shenanigans. It may not happen for years though.

fuck you.

PimpTrickGangstaClik
Member since Oct 06th 2005
15894 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 09:27 PM

52. "It's important. But in terms of current politics it doesn't matter at al..."
Thu Jul-27-17 09:30 PM by PimpTrickGangstaClik

Outside of any definitive, scathing conclusions from Mueller, Russia will not factor in one bit in the 2018 or 2020 elections.

I swear if the dems go into the mid term elections talking Trump and Russia, I am done with them.

For people's day to day lives, Russia doesn't mean shit other than it's the thing on CNN all day every day.
It's economy #1 and healthcare #2 (maybe reverse that for 2018). That's it. Don't worry about anything else.

Trump won't be impeached no matter what happens. Russia is just a thing for the legacy of the republican party and the history books.

Stadiq
4878 posts
Thu Jul-27-17 11:08 PM

54. "exactly...the Dems need an actual message this time"
In response to Reply # 52

I don't think the Russia thing should be abandoned, because I think it is important and hell it may bring some of these f*ckers down...

But if the Dems don't start developing a positive message and figure out how to effectively resist, etc.???

We are all f*cked.

legsdiamond
79601 posts
Fri Jul-28-17 07:31 AM

57. "Yup. Let it play out but focus on the failed attempts at repealing the A..."
In response to Reply # 54

and focus on all the failures and false promises of this administration

Brew
Member since Nov 23rd 2002
24419 posts
Fri Jul-28-17 07:57 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
59. "Sounds like .... every political campaign ever lol"
In response to Reply # 57

>and focus on all the failures and false promises of this
>administration

----------------------------------------

"Fuck aliens." © WarriorPoet415

legsdiamond
79601 posts
Fri Jul-28-17 12:38 PM

67. "well, it works better than "vote for me because I'm not him" "
In response to Reply # 59

mystereeq
34 posts
Fri Jul-28-17 01:08 PM

70. "'our majorities cant pass legislation and our president works for putin'"
In response to Reply # 67
Fri Jul-28-17 01:08 PM by mystereeq

any dem message is better than the current repub message lol.

---

mystereeq
34 posts
Fri Jul-28-17 01:17 PM

71. "i really dont get this attitude at all."

except for republicans tryna downplay russias involvement in our election (for obvious partisan reasons)
and bernie supporters who wanna pin 100% of everything on how bad of a candidate clinton was.

---

Lobby General Discussion topic #13178277 Previous topic | Next topic