Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13175937

Subject: "Jada Pinkett Smith: "I was a drug dealer' when I first met Tupac"" Previous topic | Next topic
legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79493 posts
Thu Jul-20-17 01:08 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Jada Pinkett Smith: "I was a drug dealer' when I first met Tupac""

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/actress-jada-pinkett-smith-drug-dealer-first-met-230203894--abc-news-music.html

Jada Pinkett Smith: 'I was a drug dealer' when I first met Tupac Shakur

Jada Pinkett Smith is giving more details about her friendship with late rapper Tupac Shakur.

In an interview with SiriusXM’s "Sway in the Morning," the actress revealed that when she and Shakur first met, she was a drug dealer.

"It’s kinda hard because I haven't really told the whole story," she said. "One of the things that's very interesting that I've never really said before is that when I first met Pac, when we first met, I was a drug dealer. Yes."

At that time, she added, she was "coming out of that life" and he was "getting more into the life."

"There was a point in which we met and then we kind of were going our separate ways. And I just felt like, 'OK God, one day you're going to do for Pac what you did for me, which is you saved me. And that just never happened for him. And so that is something that I am constantly having to confront," she said. "I know that most people wanna always connect us in this romance thing, but that's just because they don't have the story. But it was based in survival, how we held each other down, you know what I’m saying? And when we have somebody that has your back when you feel like you're nothing, that's everything."

Jada Pinkett Smith calls Tupac Shakur biopic 'deeply hurtful'

Tupac's 45th birthday: 45 celebrity quotes to remember Tupac Shakur

Shakur was 25 years old when he was shot and killed in 1996. Last month, on what would have been the rapper's forty-sixth birthday, Pinkett Smith, 45, slammed the Shakur biopic "All Eyez On Me" as "deeply hurtful" and a "re-imagining of my relationship to Pac." In her interview with Sway on Wednesday, she added that recently, it's become more important to her for people to understand the friendship they had.

"I just decided that one little piece was important to share finally because it gives more insight to who we were that it wasn't just about, 'You have this cute girl and this cool guy they must have been in this !' Nah. It wasn’t that at all," she said. "It was about survival and it's always been about survival between us, you know what I’m saying? And holding each other down in ways that he and I could hold each other down."

-----

bud or powder?

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Meh. A lot of people sold drugs at one point. Even squares.
Jul 20th 2017
Yeah but she from Baltimore tho
Jul 20th 2017
lol...in 1985/86?
Jul 20th 2017
Nah, lol. I was 7.
Jul 21st 2017
I know, but it sounds corny to say it in this interview
Jul 20th 2017
we grow up early
Jul 20th 2017
so she and Tupac got busy -- ok
Jul 20th 2017
Jada Pinkett Smith is an actress.
Jul 20th 2017
What is the Tupac Shakur biopic 'deeply hurtful'?
Jul 20th 2017
she says their relationship was misrepresented
Jul 21st 2017
Pac was only 25?
Jul 20th 2017
I think about this all the time. Perspective is weird. Time is weird.
Jul 20th 2017
Agreed.
Jul 21st 2017
The internet wants their relationship to be so magical.
Jul 20th 2017
God she's annoying as fuck.
Jul 21st 2017
lol
Jul 21st 2017
Iusedtothinkshewassofine...... then she started talking and shit...
Jul 21st 2017
agreed
Jul 21st 2017
Us Baltimore folks don't listen to a damn thing she says, nor do we buy ...
Jul 21st 2017

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13561 posts
Thu Jul-20-17 01:17 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Meh. A lot of people sold drugs at one point. Even squares."
In response to Reply # 0

Coke, crack, wet, weed, pills, heroin, X. All sold by different demographics. Shit, I knew white college girls that were taking rides to grab lbs.

Mafamaticks
Member since Jan 12th 2004
4667 posts
Thu Jul-20-17 01:22 PM

2. "Yeah but she from Baltimore tho"
In response to Reply # 1

ambient1
Member since May 23rd 2007
41077 posts
Thu Jul-20-17 01:33 PM

5. "lol...in 1985/86?"
In response to Reply # 1

=======================================
Coolin...

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13561 posts
Fri Jul-21-17 07:45 AM

14. "Nah, lol. I was 7."
In response to Reply # 5
Fri Jul-21-17 07:46 AM by flipnile

I do believe she sold drugs, but I doubt she was out on the block moving crack or heroin in the hood. I don't doubt she might've been flipping powder, weed or pills to her peoples, especially since she was an actress/artist. Those folks do mad drugs and generally don't cop off the block.

legsdiamond
79493 posts
Thu Jul-20-17 01:51 PM

7. "I know, but it sounds corny to say it in this interview"
In response to Reply # 1

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

ambient1
Member since May 23rd 2007
41077 posts
Thu Jul-20-17 01:29 PM

3. "we grow up early "
In response to Reply # 0

randumb...

me n Pac went to the same middle school

I had a feelin he did based upon where he lived when he was here but never knew for sure...even got class pics of yo
I used to work w/a cousin of Jada

=======================================
Coolin...

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Thu Jul-20-17 01:30 PM

4. "so she and Tupac got busy -- ok"
In response to Reply # 0

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44611 posts
Thu Jul-20-17 01:41 PM

6. "Jada Pinkett Smith is an actress. "
In response to Reply # 0

"Get ready....for your blessing....."

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Thu Jul-20-17 03:45 PM

8. "What is the Tupac Shakur biopic 'deeply hurtful'?"
In response to Reply # 0

"The unexamined life is not worth living." - Plato

makaveli
Charter member
16301 posts
Fri Jul-21-17 08:27 AM

18. "she says their relationship was misrepresented"
In response to Reply # 8

“So back we go to these questions — friendship, character… ethics.”

dafriquan
Charter member
24695 posts
Thu Jul-20-17 06:26 PM

9. "Pac was only 25?"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Jul-20-17 06:27 PM by dafriquan

Maybe I knew and forgot.
Or because I was 16 when Pac died, I thought 25 was old.
Now that I'm in my late 30s?

25? What a waste of life.

The reality of his whole life just set in.
I'm kind of mad at Pac for running towards his death despite having such a brilliant mind. What a waste.

Brew
Member since Nov 23rd 2002
24409 posts
Thu Jul-20-17 09:26 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
10. "I think about this all the time. Perspective is weird. Time is weird."
In response to Reply # 9

>25?

I'm 33 but I still feel like he died older than I am now. I guess that's because the memory I have of him is when he was 13 years older than me, or whatever. I dunno. But anyway I agree - it's crazy how young he was.

----------------------------------------

"Fuck aliens." © WarriorPoet415

HotThyng76
Charter member
51232 posts
Fri Jul-21-17 07:42 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
13. "Agreed."
In response to Reply # 9

JFrost1117
Member since Aug 12th 2005
23876 posts
Thu Jul-20-17 10:38 PM

11. "The internet wants their relationship to be so magical."
In response to Reply # 0

All the memes of them hugged up, like she married a gas station attendant. She's said they had a weird relationship and were at each other's throats.

Yes! She's on the drugs. (c) BoHagon

Airbreed
Charter member
29433 posts
Fri Jul-21-17 07:38 AM

12. "God she's annoying as fuck. "
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Jul-21-17 07:48 AM by Airbreed

Everytime she opens her mouth, she sounds like she exaggerates everything she says. A drug dealer? Meaning what? Getting discounts on scrips for her college dorm mates? What the fuck is she talking about? .....whatever chick.

legsdiamond
79493 posts
Fri Jul-21-17 08:12 AM

15. "lol"
In response to Reply # 12

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44611 posts
Fri Jul-21-17 08:13 AM

16. "Iusedtothinkshewassofine...... then she started talking and shit..."

"Get ready....for your blessing....."

Crash Bandacoot
Member since May 13th 2003
10118 posts
Fri Jul-21-17 08:29 AM

19. "agreed"

>

Beezo
Charter member
27556 posts
Fri Jul-21-17 08:25 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
17. "Us Baltimore folks don't listen to a damn thing she says, nor do we buy ..."
In response to Reply # 0

We don't fool with her. Shut up chic

<---
Fuck a sig, my presence is enough.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13175937 Previous topic | Next topic