Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13172083

Subject: "Maia Campbell strung out again. :-(" Previous topic | Next topic
lightworks
Member since Feb 17th 2006
5818 posts
Sun Jul-09-17 05:07 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Maia Campbell strung out again. :-("

https://www.youtube.com/embed/N5uNNvToaOE

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
The Jerk that filmed this needs a special handshake in a alley
Jul 09th 2017
^^^^^
Jul 09th 2017
yep
Jul 10th 2017
I really wish serious harm on him.
Jul 11th 2017
RE: Drugs is a helluva drug.
Jul 09th 2017
She used to be so fine... smh
Jul 09th 2017
old video possibly?
Jul 09th 2017
Last night, I saw that LL was asking for help to locate...
Jul 10th 2017
Rapper Isn’t Sorry For Filming Maia Campbell’s Relapse - vibe swipe
Jul 10th 2017
her race has nothing to do with it
Jul 10th 2017
Used to be such a beautiful area...
Jul 10th 2017
damn
Jul 10th 2017
The guy was being a dick, but it's a bit much to focus the anger on him
Jul 10th 2017
yes, she's adult, and she's high, she also has mental illness
Jul 11th 2017
      True. I think filming anyone with the intent to shame or demean them...
Jul 11th 2017
I'm going to take the unpopular opinion and agree with him...
Jul 11th 2017
      Yeah, but with the history of race, and how Black men are supposed
Jul 11th 2017
I often get the two confused but isn't it weird how Reagan Gomez-Preston
Jul 10th 2017
Maia Campbell Declines LL Cool J’s Help: “I’m Doing Good” - vibe...
Jul 11th 2017
i'm not expert but it doesn't sound like she's doing good
Jul 11th 2017
She has that "heavy crack smoker" cadence to her voice
Jul 12th 2017
I'm really taken aback by all the anger with this dude filming her.
Jul 11th 2017
RE: I'm really taken aback by all the anger with this dude filming her.
Jul 11th 2017
*shrug*
Jul 11th 2017
      RE: *shrug*
Jul 12th 2017
Yep what Hamsterline said
Jul 11th 2017
its only because she was a hot somebody once. if it was a random crackhe...
Jul 11th 2017
^^^^
Jul 11th 2017
this is a poor angle
Jul 11th 2017
yeah you can actually care about famous and non-famous drug addicts
Jul 11th 2017
      damn you spent a lot of nights jacking off to in the house huh?
Jul 11th 2017

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Sun Jul-09-17 05:45 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "The Jerk that filmed this needs a special handshake in a alley"
In response to Reply # 0

That's all I have to say.

"The unexamined life is not worth living." - Plato

wluv
Member since Jan 27th 2003
4362 posts
Sun Jul-09-17 07:24 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "^^^^^"
In response to Reply # 1

This is second video ive seen of someone filming her mental episodes. Dude needs his asz kicked for trying to exploit her for clicks.

makaveli
Charter member
16294 posts
Mon Jul-10-17 06:35 AM

6. "yep"
In response to Reply # 1

sad.

“So back we go to these questions — friendship, character… ethics.”

Seven
Member since Dec 11th 2004
10708 posts
Tue Jul-11-17 08:58 AM

15. "I really wish serious harm on him. "
In response to Reply # 1

Austin
Charter member
9418 posts
Sun Jul-09-17 08:29 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "RE: Drugs is a helluva drug."
In response to Reply # 0

os·ti·na·to
/ˌästəˈnädō/
noun
a continually repeated musical phrase or rhythm

http://austinato.bandcamp.com

https://www.discogs.com/lists/Favorites-of-2017/332378

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79334 posts
Sun Jul-09-17 09:48 PM

4. "She used to be so fine... smh"
In response to Reply # 0

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

shamus
Member since Oct 18th 2004
4465 posts
Sun Jul-09-17 11:13 PM

5. "old video possibly?"
In response to Reply # 0

that's what the first comment says. i hope that it's right.

--
the untold want by life and land ne'er granted
now voyager sail thou forth to seek and find

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Mon Jul-10-17 07:06 AM

7. "Last night, I saw that LL was asking for help to locate..."
In response to Reply # 0

Maia.

Around the 1:00 mark, his tweet appears. It's not on his Twitter account any longer though.

c71
Member since Jan 15th 2008
13927 posts
Mon Jul-10-17 09:07 AM

8. "Rapper Isn’t Sorry For Filming Maia Campbell’s Relapse - vibe swipe"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.vibe.com/2017/07/atlanta-rapper-isnt-sorry-filming-maia-campbells-relapse/

https://youtu.be/Xh30MI6Nwg4

Atlanta Rapper Says He Isn’t Sorry For Filming Maia Campbell’s Relapse

Desire Thompson @desire_renee | July 10, 2017 - 9:25 am

The man who filmed Maia Campbell’s relapse isn’t apologetic about his actions. On Saturday (July 8) a video surfaced on social media of the 40-year-old former actress being taunted by a man in an Atlanta gas station.

A disheveled Campbell is heard sharing details of an alleged rape other troubling details all pointing to a possible drug relapse. The video has garnered attention with many trying to find and assist Campbell.

Not long after the video went “viral,” the man in the video known as rapper T-Hood shared how he could care less about Campbell’s well-being. He also attempted to push the unwanted narrative of race and denounced her battle with bipolar disorder.

“Y’all n****s would not be mad if I posted a white girl,” he said in an Instagram video by way of Straight From The A.”If I would have ran into muthaf***king Hillary Duff/ Lizzy McGuire and she was asking for crack and sucking d**k at the gas station for money for crack, I would have posted her too.”

“Just because she was a black actress from back in the day, who we already all know from Redan. She been on the block for years. We been knew this b***h. She been doing dumb sh*t. Went in the industry got geek up f**ked all in the streets, n***as sent her back to Atlanta and she got geeked up some more.This ain’t no mental disorder this b***h is just high as f**k.

Campbell was diagnosed with bipolar disorder shortly after her time on the 90’s sitcom In The House. The former child star later gave birth to her daughter in 2000, but lost custody after she refused to take medication. Since then, Campbell has been arrested over the years for drug possession, prostitution and disorderly conduct.

In 2012, Campbell appeared on Iyanla Vanzant’s Fix my Life while living in a rehab facility determined to get her life back on track. Campbell was sober for two years.

Former co-star LL Cool J has spoken out on Campbell’s relapse and slammed the rapper for filming the troubled star instead of helping.

(tweet)

LLCOOLJ.

✔@llcoolj

Instead of pulling out your phone and filming someone who's obviously having trouble. Maybe lend a helping hand? A kind word? @MaiaCampbell

11:38 PM - 9 Jul 2017

According to Mental Health America, bipolar disorder effects an estimated 2.3 million Americans. African-Americans are less likely to receive diagnosis, even though the rates are the same across all races. This leads to less treatment and a higher exposure to self-medicating through drugs and alcohol. Find out more about bipolar disorder here.

makaveli
Charter member
16294 posts
Mon Jul-10-17 09:18 AM

9. "her race has nothing to do with it"
In response to Reply # 8

human decency. this dude is a scumbag.

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Mon Jul-10-17 10:53 AM

11. "Used to be such a beautiful area..."
In response to Reply # 8
Mon Jul-10-17 10:54 AM by Creole

>from Redan

This is one of the main areas that contributed to DeKalb County being a highly desired area, for Black people, to be in the ATL Metro area.

Damned shame what it done turned into in less than 20 years.

Edit: Needless to say, old boy is stupid!

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79334 posts
Mon Jul-10-17 10:56 AM

12. "damn"
In response to Reply # 8

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13546 posts
Mon Jul-10-17 10:58 AM

13. "The guy was being a dick, but it's a bit much to focus the anger on him"
In response to Reply # 8
Mon Jul-10-17 10:58 AM by flipnile

He ain't the one that got this jawn high. Actually, she did. The peanut gallery BS helps no one.

makaveli
Charter member
16294 posts
Tue Jul-11-17 09:35 AM

16. "yes, she's adult, and she's high, she also has mental illness"
In response to Reply # 13

making fun of sick people isn't cool and kicking people when they're down isn't cool either.

flipnile
13546 posts
Tue Jul-11-17 11:13 AM

23. "True. I think filming anyone with the intent to shame or demean them..."
In response to Reply # 16

...is a douchebag move.

Once, I came across a dude yelling at his reflection in the mirrored Macy's window on Market St. I briefly thought about recording him, but I'd only have been doing it to make fun of him and I'd be more of a loser for doing so, so I kept it in my pocket.

StephBMore
Member since Sep 11th 2014
1373 posts
Tue Jul-11-17 03:35 PM

27. "I'm going to take the unpopular opinion and agree with him..."
In response to Reply # 8

I don't totally agree with what he said, but he makes a point about race. While I find it terrible regardless of who it is, I think it's sad ppl exploit drug addicts and homeless people (many whom really do have mental illnesses/disorders and self medicate with street drugs), I do DO think if this was hilary duff or miley cyrus, ppl wouldn't care as much about him taping this. at least, black ppl wouldn't care as much.

and that's unfortunate but it is a reality.

Her mom wrote a book about her being bipolar and even how it manifested in her as a child, so him saying she just high is wild crazy. Maia been sick and been needing help.

It's two sides to this tho...like a man once said after seeing him and his girl laid out on a side walk "i had to see myself like that to get clean." and as others said "no one would be reaching out if they hadn't seen that video." sad narrative but also reality. but the jokes and teasing are way out of line.

-DJ R-Tistic-
Member since Nov 06th 2008
51981 posts
Tue Jul-11-17 07:31 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
28. "Yeah, but with the history of race, and how Black men are supposed"
In response to Reply # 27

to hold our women up? I can't ride with him.

It's definitely true, if he posted a White girl, nobody Black would care, and would even see it as revenge for the hundreds of years of exploitation against us. That's just what it is. And I'll even say this...if this had just been another random Black woman as a crackhead, folks wouldn't care at all, and people wouldn't be on his head. But it seems like he's the type that is happy to see that a Black woman has fallen from the pedestal she was once on, talking about how she got turned out and all of that.

------------------------------

50+ FREE Mixes on www.DJR-Tistic.com!

Twitter and Instagram - @DJ_RTistic

Somnus
Member since Jun 25th 2012
3553 posts
Mon Jul-10-17 09:39 AM

10. "I often get the two confused but isn't it weird how Reagan Gomez-Preston"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Jul-10-17 09:40 AM by Somnus

sort of played a character with the same plight as Maia (sans the bipolar disorder) in Never Die Alone...

wasn't they like contemporaries, kinda? I mean they both had popular sitcoms around the same time period and played similar parts...just weird.

The ULTIMATE negation of everything.

The space between despair and orgasm is hard to fill ~ Maron

c71
Member since Jan 15th 2008
13927 posts
Tue Jul-11-17 08:42 AM

14. "Maia Campbell Declines LL Cool J’s Help: “I’m Doing Good” - vibe..."
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.vibe.com/2017/07/maia-campbell-responds-to-ll-cool-j/

Maia Campbell Declines LL Cool J’s Help: “I’m Doing Good”

Marjua Estevez @_MsEstevez | July 11, 2017 - 8:40 am

A circulated video of actress Maia Campbell high on drugs in Atlanta, GA, has garnered considerable attention, rendering both fans and critics nearly speechless (and in some cases, quite the opposite). In it, then In The House actress is seen toothless and disheveled, while being taunted by a man.

After the clip surfaced over the weekend, former co-star and rapper LL Cool J took to social media, urging followers to help him find her: “If someone has a contact on Maia, please let me know.”

Late Monday night (July 11), the 40-year-old responded to LL in a less-than-reassuring message.

“Hey Todd, look bro, I love you,” she begins, referring to her former colleague in the video below. “I don’t need help, I just need a benefit concert for mental health. Don’t DM me, it’s really me and this is Darryl,” she adds of the person recording her.
She continued: “This is the shop that I temp at, or whatever. We’re good. I’m good. I’m doing property, I have investments. I’m a real serious person. And my show is called (inaudible)”

Darryl poses the question, “How should he get in touch with you?” to which Campbell says, “Don’t call me, I’ll call you,” and laughs. Darryl again, in a more serious tone this time, urges her to answer the question, after which she then replies: “I’m really on Instagram. But I don’t want it to go down.”

Darryl, seemingly adamant about getting a viable option for LL to get in communications with her, further questions, “But how will he get in touch with you?” Campbell’s brushes it off with incoherent speech: “I don’t know, pray to God … that I don’t start rapping. Oops!” In the end, Campbell appears irritated and demands she be left alone.

Campbell has long struggled with substance abuse, ping-ponging between addiction and sobriety, never truly conquering her demons. In 2012, she sat with Iyanla Vanzant and spoke at length about her bipolar disorder, as well as her unstable relationship with her late mother.

makaveli
Charter member
16294 posts
Tue Jul-11-17 09:36 AM

17. "i'm not expert but it doesn't sound like she's doing good"
In response to Reply # 14

flipnile
13546 posts
Wed Jul-12-17 03:02 PM

31. "She has that "heavy crack smoker" cadence to her voice"
In response to Reply # 14

Shit is sad. Not gonna lie, if y'all ain't tell me it was her, I'd have not made the connection.

Aeon
Charter member
43870 posts
Tue Jul-11-17 09:53 AM

18. "I'm really taken aback by all the anger with this dude filming her."
In response to Reply # 0

1st of all i have no expectations that any random nigga she runs up on on the street is gonna have the sensitivity and wherewithal around mental illness to jump into some unspoken rescue protocol and be super helpful.

2ndly, people been filming crackheads since crackheads could be filmed. why are we acting brand-new about this? there's a ton of strung out people on the street who are dealing with mental health issues along with their addiction. filming them hasn't ever been right but with all the ire directed toward this dude i'd expect y'all to be marching in the streets about the epidemic. people really mad about this?

3rd, she been failed by herself and others in spades a whole hell of a lot before he ever got a chance to film her. y'all wanna whip HIS ass? looks to me like he was trying to pump gas and got run up on by a c-list ex-celeb begging for crack and cracking jokes.

not saying he should have done this; i certainly wouldn't have. i don't think i would have even entertained her conversation. but this isn't shocking and really doesn't register for me on the scale of human rights offenses.

_

shakin your block with a 6 million dollar bop

_

www.davidevanmcdowell.com

Hamsterline
Charter member
4004 posts
Tue Jul-11-17 10:18 AM

19. "RE: I'm really taken aback by all the anger with this dude filming her."
In response to Reply # 18

Dude wanted clicks. He can now expect to be dragged. You don't get kudos for kicking people when they're down. It doesn't matter if it's been done before.

Years ago, I saw an A list celebrity being physically dragged by their team through the airport because they were too fucked up from partying the night before (it was 1pm in the afternoon). I could have filmed it, and made a TON of money, but I chose not to because it simply wasn't the right thing to do. The celebrity in question has since got themselves together. I'm sure if i recorded and put it out into the Internet, it would have made their road a lot harder.

Aeon
Charter member
43870 posts
Tue Jul-11-17 10:54 AM

21. "*shrug*"
In response to Reply # 19

you neither hurt nor helped that A-list celebrity by not pulling out your phone. i mean, good on you, but so what?

i dunno. i just dont care that this dude filmed Maia. she got bigger problems than being filmed.

just me tho.

_

_

Hamsterline
Charter member
4004 posts
Wed Jul-12-17 01:09 PM

30. "RE: *shrug*"
In response to Reply # 21

I don't know that it helped them, but I KNOW that it would have hurt.

It was THAT bad.

Lurkmode
Member since May 07th 2011
5163 posts
Tue Jul-11-17 10:29 AM

20. "Yep what Hamsterline said"

It's piling on.

---------------------------
Signature

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
84997 posts
Tue Jul-11-17 11:10 AM

22. "its only because she was a hot somebody once. if it was a random crackhe..."
Tue Jul-11-17 11:12 AM by BrooklynWHAT

that wasnt famous and lusted over then niggas would give NO FUCKS.

<--- Big Baller World Order

Binladen
Charter member
14123 posts
Tue Jul-11-17 11:58 AM

24. "^^^^"
In response to Reply # 22

atruhead
Charter member
85230 posts
Tue Jul-11-17 02:53 PM

26. "this is a poor angle"
In response to Reply # 22

"people only have a connection because we grew up seeing her on TV"

uh, yeah

Garhart Poppwell
Member since Nov 28th 2008
18111 posts
Tue Jul-11-17 02:49 PM

25. "yeah you can actually care about famous and non-famous drug addicts"

equally if you really want to. Filming crackheads doing dangerous and humiliating shit is just as bad as this punk doing this to her.

People get in fucked up situations all the time, some worse than others, and sometimes for legitimate reasons. Despite what you think, there is merit in flat out refusing to perpetuate someone's misery and there damn sure is high moral value in not profiting off it. If you can't help them directly, it's the least you can do.

It's not a big deal to you? Great. Go stick your dick in a Dilla beat CD and keep it moving.

Un-OK'd moderator for The Lesson and Make The Music (yes, I do's work up in here, and in your asscrease if you run foul of this

Aeon
Charter member
43870 posts
Tue Jul-11-17 08:56 PM

29. "damn you spent a lot of nights jacking off to in the house huh?"
In response to Reply # 25

>It's not a big deal to you? Great. Go stick your dick in a
>Dilla beat CD and keep it moving.

lol

my god

hope it was good for you

_

_