Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13166192

Subject: "I kinda think I am glad it's President Trump and not President Rubio" Previous topic | Next topic
Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49534 posts
Fri Jun-16-17 10:40 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"I kinda think I am glad it's President Trump and not President Rubio"

Or Pence or Cruz.
The fact is we would be seeing the same policy-making, but being delivered by more professional, smoother sales people.

Ryancare might be law by now under a President Rubio. Under trump people are talking single payer is becoming more likely a possibility because the GOP is blowing it so badly.

I think Trump will make people realize how fcuked up Republican policies are for the middle and lower classes. Something that might have taken them a generation to understand they can learn in 4 years.

With Rubio as President, Republicans would still be trying to argue that they are the party of family and Christian values. Those arguments are now gone under Trump.

Trump has exposed their craveness for power.

I think Trump will be still be a transformative President but not in the way they intended. I think politics will forever be transformed in Reaction to Trump.

The short term will be painful, but I think the long run....

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Lmao.. you sound desperate for a positive spin
Jun 16th 2017
I try to be a positive dude.
Jun 16th 2017
Yea.
Jun 16th 2017
I can't stand Rubio but I see what you're saying...
Jun 16th 2017
I can dig it...
Jun 16th 2017
sounds a lot like being glad trump got nominated
Jun 16th 2017
Lol yup
Jun 16th 2017
bingo
Jun 16th 2017
Trump isn't the reason the GOP are blowing healthcare tho
Jun 16th 2017
at least on Cuba there's no difference
Jun 16th 2017

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79922 posts
Fri Jun-16-17 10:59 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Lmao.. you sound desperate for a positive spin"
In response to Reply # 0

Hopefully this energizes Dems to get it together.

As far as the GOP is concerned? This sets the bar so low anyone who can wipe their ass is now a viable alternative after Trump.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49534 posts
Fri Jun-16-17 11:02 AM

2. "I try to be a positive dude. "
In response to Reply # 1

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

Brew
Member since Nov 23rd 2002
24523 posts
Fri Jun-16-17 11:04 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "Yea."
In response to Reply # 1

They're still gonna get some fucked up shit done. They're quietly pushing healthcare through as we speak, while we're being distracted. Trump, Pence, Rubio, Cruz, they're all just different beta versions of the same fucking nightmare.

----------------------------------------

"Fuck aliens." © WarriorPoet415

Marbles
Member since Oct 19th 2004
22304 posts
Fri Jun-16-17 11:09 AM

4. "I can't stand Rubio but I see what you're saying..."
In response to Reply # 0

He would have found a way to put the conservative agenda in place and done it by the book.

45 is such a clown that the Dems just have to sit back and let him screw up the GOP (although I wouldn't be surprised if the Dems blew this gift).

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Fri Jun-16-17 11:17 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "I can dig it..."
In response to Reply # 0

your theory seems reasonable.
have a wonderful weekend buddy

my daddy name buddy lol

rob
Charter member
23210 posts
Fri Jun-16-17 11:30 AM

6. "sounds a lot like being glad trump got nominated"
In response to Reply # 0

didn't work out as planned

PimpTrickGangstaClik
Member since Oct 06th 2005
15895 posts
Fri Jun-16-17 11:44 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "Lol yup"
In response to Reply # 6

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79922 posts
Fri Jun-16-17 11:54 AM

8. "bingo"
In response to Reply # 6

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

theeraser
Member since Feb 11th 2007
7218 posts
Fri Jun-16-17 12:10 PM

9. "Trump isn't the reason the GOP are blowing healthcare tho"
In response to Reply # 0

benny
Member since Jan 15th 2003
8439 posts
Fri Jun-16-17 01:00 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
10. "at least on Cuba there's no difference"
In response to Reply # 0

surprise surprise he's announcing yet another regressive move to attempt to roll back something Obama did. I'm not even sure what's left at this point (I guess DACA survives, though tough luck for the parents since DAPA won't proceed). Is he gonna reintroduce "don't ask don't tell"?

------------------------------
For the record, my teams:
MLB: Mets / Soccer: PSG
NCAA BB: Arizona / NCAA FB: Michigan
NBA: Spurs / NFL: Jets

Lobby General Discussion topic #13166192 Previous topic | Next topic