Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13163221

Subject: "Flint official blames water crisis on "niggers who don't pay their bills..." Previous topic | Next topic
Boogie Stimuli
Member since Sep 24th 2010
14043 posts
Wed Jun-07-17 02:55 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Flint official blames water crisis on "niggers who don't pay their bills..."

clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trn3ZDp4StQ

(SWIPE)
https://mic.com/articles/179042/flint-michigan-official-resigns-after-using-racial-slur-to-blame-black-people-for-water-crisis#.49NSmuCB0

A Flint, Michigan official — sales manager Phil Stair of the Genessee County Land Bank — has resigned after being caught on tape blaming the city's infamous water crisis on "niggers who don't pay their bills," NBC News reported.

The recording originally surfaced on an activist website, Truth Against the Machine, which posted a YouTube recording of Stair making the statement on Sunday.

"Detroit was charging all its customers for the cost," Stair says in the May 26 recording, which TATM said was captured by environmental activist Chelsea Lyons. "They weren’t collecting from their residents, they were shutting water off, they were letting bills go forever, they were charging everybody else; Flint has the same problems as Detroit — fucking niggers don’t pay their bills, believe me, I deal with them."

"I don't want to call them ni**ers," Stair adds. "Shit, I just went to Myrtle Beach, 24 guys, and I was the only white guy."

"I got friends, I mean, there's trash and there’s people that do this shit," Stair continues. "They just don’t pay their bills. Well, Detroit didn’t collect on their bills, so they charged everybody else, but — Flint — Flint had to pay their bill to Detroit."

As TATM noted, Stair's version of events is similar to Gov. Rick Snyder's, who said poisonous levels of toxic lead in Flint's municipal water supplies was the result of an austerity measure in which Flint decided to turn to its heavily polluted river instead of continuing to pay Detroit for water — though leaked documents have shown Detroit offered to cut Flint's rate to 20% less than the cost of switching water sources.

Though it does not appear as if Stair was involved in any of the decisions that led to the tainted water supplies, the city of Flint is well over 50% black, and racism and classism played a major role in the lack of accountability that led to the disaster.

Lyons told MLive she was concerned about Stair's role at the Genessee County Land Bank, an agency which acquires tax-foreclosed properties before demolishing and flipping them to bidders. According to MLive, the Land Bank is currently the largest property owner in the city.

"The Land Bank is taking up all of the properties in Flint," Lyons told the site. "They are pushing people out of neighborhoods."

Flint residents have continued to pay some of the highest water bills in the country, while the city government recently threatened to seize more than 8,000 homes over unpaid water bills.

~
~
~
~
~
Days like this I miss Sha Mecca

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Smh...I don't want to call them niggers
Jun 07th 2017
right, wtf
Jun 07th 2017
...I don't want to call them niggers so I'll just say African Americans
Jun 12th 2017
I'm starting to operate more and more under the assumption...
Jun 07th 2017
welcome to reality..lol
Jun 07th 2017
It's not right to think that way....but you kinda have to.
Jun 12th 2017
I got to know this one in Jr high and high school
Jun 12th 2017
      damn, bruh...type shit to make you have a record for fuckin someone up
Jun 12th 2017
      I had my eye on the prize
Jun 12th 2017
      You call that a knife ? Lol the stories I could tell
Jun 12th 2017
      let the oppression olympics begin!
Jun 13th 2017
           I learned early in school that white folks aint shit
Jun 13th 2017
      RE: I got to know this one in Jr high and high school
Jun 13th 2017
Nothing surprising
Jun 07th 2017
Woe is the White man living in a Black-majority city.
Jun 11th 2017

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79711 posts
Wed Jun-07-17 05:31 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Smh...I don't want to call them niggers"
In response to Reply # 0

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

KiloMcG
Member since Jan 01st 2008
27561 posts
Wed Jun-07-17 08:08 AM

3. "right, wtf"
In response to Reply # 1

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Mon Jun-12-17 11:35 AM

7. "...I don't want to call them niggers so I'll just say African Americans "
In response to Reply # 1

Dstl1
Charter member
56239 posts
Wed Jun-07-17 06:45 AM

2. "I'm starting to operate more and more under the assumption..."
In response to Reply # 0

that this is how they'd all speak behind closed doors. Just went to Myrtle beach with 23 other non-white guys...surely, laughing and smiling in their faces the whole while.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

legsdiamond
79711 posts
Wed Jun-07-17 08:09 AM

4. "welcome to reality..lol"
In response to Reply # 2
Wed Jun-07-17 08:11 AM by legsdiamond

I know what you mean but I can't understand why folks give white people the benefit of the doubt.

they have to earn that shit.

I definitely think all white people are shitty until they prove me otherwise.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

rorschach
Member since Nov 10th 2004
7723 posts
Mon Jun-12-17 06:27 PM

11. "It's not right to think that way....but you kinda have to."
In response to Reply # 4
Mon Jun-12-17 06:35 PM by rorschach

for the sake of your safety.

I think a lot of young people got that same wake-up call over this past year. Some white people definitely sound more like Fox News when they're at home and they can't really be trusted.

double negative
Member since Dec 14th 2007
22151 posts
Mon Jun-12-17 11:51 AM

8. "I got to know this one in Jr high and high school"
In response to Reply # 2

I went from the hood and then the white school and it was a shocker.

My parents realized the jr high and high schools by the house were super duper hood (literally stabbings, shootings, gang rapes in the bathrooms, and race riots) so they made a decision for me to get on the bus to across town to the white schools.

For the most part it was chill

BUT

I could write a book on the bullshit I came across

and the funny thing is that some of the most racist as "white people" were people of color who wanted to be white so they would say the most out of pocket shit.

Like a few Arab kids or light skin Mexicans who were trying to be down with white.

UGH.

And then there were several times I came across....how do I put this, sometimes I would befriend a cool white kid and go to their house and hang with them but then see/realize that they were cool with me but grandpa was a nazi sympathizer

which is why its funny to me that Jesse James of West Coast Choppers uses Iron Cross iconography because in Long Beach (the place I grew up in) you had some folks who really wore that shit for real on some "praise the fatherland but I also love the WU" shit. Swear to god, I knew kids who LOVED rap and would dress the part and had buzz cuts and baggy gear but would straight up drop the hard R off the rip.

Or shit, just straight up being gobsmacked when a kid would say "yeah, my dad says "don't nigger lip" the cigarette when we share ciggs"

Needless to say, I wanted to get the fuck up out of that place and I did.

Fuck all them and all that.

This post made me remember that horse shit

https://soundcloud.com/swageyph/yph-die-with-me

Dstl1
Charter member
56239 posts
Mon Jun-12-17 12:00 PM

9. "damn, bruh...type shit to make you have a record for fuckin someone up"
In response to Reply # 8

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

double negative
22151 posts
Mon Jun-12-17 12:08 PM

10. "I had my eye on the prize"
In response to Reply # 9

and I realize that some of that shit did affect me

sometimes I fought (all my life I had to fight!)

sometimes I argued / call that shit out on the spot

and sometimes I kept it moving -I had my eye on the prize because I knew getting out of the hood was most important goal no matter what - get that education, get that paper

and now when I look up jokers from the past I see that I'm easily winning

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Mon Jun-12-17 06:55 PM

12. "You call that a knife ? Lol the stories I could tell "
In response to Reply # 8

double negative
22151 posts
Tue Jun-13-17 11:57 AM

13. "let the oppression olympics begin!"
In response to Reply # 12

no really, I'm curious to hear your stories

legsdiamond
79711 posts
Tue Jun-13-17 12:35 PM

14. "I learned early in school that white folks aint shit"
In response to Reply # 13

the way teachers treated me vs other white kids for doing the same shit?

Thank goodness my mom was ride or die. They HATED when my mom came up to the school cause she called white folks out quick fast!!!

The stuttering and stammering white folks would do when my mom called them out on it? She was so good anytime a Black student got in trouble they would ask to call my mom because she gave them the business.

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Tue Jun-13-17 01:01 PM

15. "RE: I got to know this one in Jr high and high school"
In response to Reply # 8

John Muir (Long Beach) to Madison elementary (Lakewood)

Bancroft Jr. High to Lakewood HS to Poly HS.

your story sounds real familiar bro.

IG: amadu_me

"...Whateva, man..." (c) Redman

Musa
Member since Mar 08th 2006
15789 posts
Wed Jun-07-17 08:23 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "Nothing surprising"
In response to Reply # 0

<----

Soundcloud.com/aquil84

(HIP HOP)
http://aquil.bandcamp.com

Shaun Tha Don
Member since Nov 19th 2005
18289 posts
Sun Jun-11-17 04:55 AM

6. "Woe is the White man living in a Black-majority city. "
In response to Reply # 0

Rest In Peace, Bad News Brown

Lobby General Discussion topic #13163221 Previous topic | Next topic