Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13162049

Subject: "when you take sex off the table, your phone be REAL DRY" Previous topic | Next topic
legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79334 posts
Fri Jun-02-17 12:22 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"when you take sex off the table, your phone be REAL DRY"

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/happens-dont-sex-5-years-032538171.html

This Is What Happens When You Don't Have Sex for 5 Years

In these Bachelorette-obsessed times, it’s easy to assume that everyone who isn’t already in a happily committed relationship is either desperate to find love, or they’re players. One blogger decided to choose a different path, celibacy, and she makes it sound like a pretty good (if difficult) option.

“This summer will mark five years since I have had sex,” Jasmine Turner wrote on her blog, Dreams of Jasmine. “It has easily been the most peaceful five years I’ve experienced to date. It hasn’t always been easy but I’m in it for the long haul and in the meantime, things have changed.”

After getting out of a three-year relationship, Turner said she is now “SUPER single,” particularly since she decided not to have sex with men she casually dates. “Let me tell you something; when you take sex off the table, your phone be REAL DRY.”

But the by-product of not dating is that Turner said she learned to thrive without male validation. Without seeing herself in the eyes of others, she has had the chance to get to know herself. That means she’s found a new pastime: “Making myself laugh, hanging out with myself.”

While hanging out with herself, Turner said she tries to sublimate the sexual desires she still has, rather than masturbate, because the act made her feel guilty. “Guilt is not of God,” she wrote. “I am free in Christ and no longer a slave to my flesh so I decided to cut that out too.”

When she does meet men, Turner said her celibacy has given her a clearer perspective on whether they’re right for her.

“I’ve also been able to humanize my brothers and not just see them as potential mates, so that’s nice,” she added.

While she didn’t actually plan this celibacy, she sounds like she’s achieved some of what monks (of many different faiths) plan to do when they vow not to have sex: “I’ve been letting the Lord change me from the inside out, walking with Him, traveling, making new friends, doing things I’ve never done before and five years just kind of happened!”

This is, of course, not the only way to achieve such things. There are also ways of turning inward without doing away with sex altogether. Yogis, for instance, sometimes reinterpret old teachings of celibacy (brahmacharya) into an asana practice meant to maintain one’s own vitality without spending it all on others.

Turner’s blog post earned her many thanks from readers going through similar struggles.

“This timing was clearly a God thing,” wrote elisejacksun on Instagram. “I NEEDED this. I NEEDED to come across your blog. Thank you so very much!!!

Justrhain wrote, “Saw your post and was excited to hear your story to know I’m not crazy out here. I’m in the same boat with you and so glad you shared.”

“This blog post was everything!” average.bianca commented. “The guilt, the shame, the struggle, the TRIUMPH, the VICTORY… I was over here shouting hallelujah towards the end! I just found your blog today but I will definitely be following. Thank you for this fresh, honest perspective.”

Turner may be single, but it seems she’s not alone.

------------

sorry but I have to test drive before I buy a car.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I hate this countries "ickyness" around sex
Jun 02nd 2017
not just sex. pleasure. how you gonna beef with yourself for mastubratin...
Jun 02nd 2017
Yep. Jawn is repressing herself for no good reason.
Jun 02nd 2017
YUP. Its like I get it, dating can be tough and mercenary
Jun 02nd 2017
we hating on floors & beds and couches now???
Jun 02nd 2017
**holds up sign with the number 5**
Jun 02nd 2017
sheds dry tear for you
Jun 02nd 2017
whats the teal dear on this?
Jun 02nd 2017
ma ain't smashed in 5 years...
Jun 02nd 2017
maybe she was asexual all along.
Jun 02nd 2017
I mean.. it's right there? the fuck.. well, she ain't but cmon b
Jun 02nd 2017
I knew it was a BLACK WOMAN, I just knew lol.
Jun 02nd 2017
of course.. what white woman denies themselves sex?
Jun 02nd 2017
#Guano
Jun 02nd 2017
but is she fine tho
Jun 02nd 2017
Pic is in the Yahoo link.
Jun 02nd 2017
I was celibate for a year for non-spiritual reasons
Jun 02nd 2017
nah, people just didn't want to put up with her shit
Jun 02nd 2017
Doing it for God sounds better
Jun 02nd 2017
gurl, whatever you need to tell yourself to get by? you go right ahead.
Jun 02nd 2017

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22248 posts
Fri Jun-02-17 12:35 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I hate this countries "ickyness" around sex"
In response to Reply # 0

This shit here. "While hanging out with herself, Turner said she tries to sublimate the sexual desires she still has, rather than masturbate, because the act made her feel guilty. “Guilt is not of God,” she wrote. "

All of them good parts are only gonna be good for but yay long. What's wrong with just enjoying life and being a good person? All of this pseudo morality and judgement about what one person does with their own body is gross.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

Kwesi
Member since Jan 11th 2004
7370 posts
Fri Jun-02-17 12:42 PM

3. "not just sex. pleasure. how you gonna beef with yourself for mastubratin..."
In response to Reply # 1

the church did a number on her.

NoDrawls McGraw
Member since Jun 24th 2007
12122 posts
Fri Jun-02-17 12:43 PM

4. "Yep. Jawn is repressing herself for no good reason."
In response to Reply # 1

If you cant make peace
with the fact that sex is natural, you'll forever miss a vital part of
what makes you human.

https://chriswind.bandcamp.com/track/massage

"You can take an African out of Africa, but you can't take Africa out of the African"
Afro-Americana/Afro-Caribbana/Afro-Latino unite. We are ALL Black!

BigReg
Charter member
62390 posts
Fri Jun-02-17 01:27 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "YUP. Its like I get it, dating can be tough and mercenary"
In response to Reply # 1

and with a large amount of men just in it for sex it can be frustrating. I can even understand taking a break for sex in general if its becoming unhealthy (addiction, using it as a replace for other things in life, etc).

But the idea that celibacy is an admirable thing *shrug*. Maybe she's young; the great thing about dating people in their 30's is the LACK of hangups that we placed on ourselves in our 20's because of parents/religion, etc.

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44604 posts
Fri Jun-02-17 12:41 PM

2. "we hating on floors & beds and couches now??? "
In response to Reply # 0

"Get ready....for your blessing....."

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Fri Jun-02-17 01:17 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "**holds up sign with the number 5**"
In response to Reply # 0

you're getting warmer nigga lol

legsdiamond
79334 posts
Fri Jun-02-17 01:43 PM

7. "sheds dry tear for you"
In response to Reply # 5

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

double negative
Member since Dec 14th 2007
22151 posts
Fri Jun-02-17 01:59 PM

8. "whats the teal dear on this? "
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Jun-02-17 01:59 PM by double negative

ain't reading this.

https://soundcloud.com/swageyph/yph-die-with-me

Dstl1
Charter member
56190 posts
Fri Jun-02-17 02:18 PM

9. "ma ain't smashed in 5 years..."
In response to Reply # 8

don't even play with her own kitty, anymore. Never felt better. Has reached a higher plane of enlightenment. Doesn't de-humanize brothers, now. Loves herself. #selflove

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

double negative
Member since Dec 14th 2007
22151 posts
Fri Jun-02-17 03:07 PM

14. "maybe she was asexual all along. "
In response to Reply # 9

its a real thing no one talks about

https://soundcloud.com/swageyph/yph-die-with-me

legsdiamond
79334 posts
Fri Jun-02-17 02:24 PM

10. "I mean.. it's right there? the fuck.. well, she ain't but cmon b"
In response to Reply # 8

isaaaa
Member since May 10th 2007
30565 posts
Fri Jun-02-17 02:40 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
11. "I knew it was a BLACK WOMAN, I just knew lol."
In response to Reply # 0

Anti-gentrification, cheap alcohol & trying to look pretty in our twilight posting years (c) Big Reg

Just trying to share the world - www.JySbr.net

legsdiamond
79334 posts
Fri Jun-02-17 02:44 PM

"of course.. what white woman denies themselves sex? "

j/k

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13546 posts
Fri Jun-02-17 02:44 PM

12. "#Guano"
In response to Reply # 0

guaranteed.

willi_dudat
Member since Jul 26th 2005
8272 posts
Fri Jun-02-17 03:00 PM

13. "but is she fine tho"
In response to Reply # 0

i know i know - but i can't be the only one wondering if she's a duck or a swan

"It's the return of the gangsta, thanks ta..."

-du

JFrost1117
Member since Aug 12th 2005
23860 posts
Fri Jun-02-17 03:28 PM

15. "Pic is in the Yahoo link."
In response to Reply # 13

Quick answer: not really.

Yes! She's on the drugs. (c) BoHagon

Sarah_Bellum
Charter member
7489 posts
Fri Jun-02-17 03:51 PM

16. "I was celibate for a year for non-spiritual reasons"
In response to Reply # 0

By the end I was contemplating if random bums on the train would be sexy after a good bath and hair cut. Lol
It did help me clear my head and focus on quality....
That said, this woman has some deep issues. Feeling guilty about sex and masterbation ain't healthy.

DJTB YOMM

Rjcc
Charter member
94934 posts
Fri Jun-02-17 05:00 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
17. "nah, people just didn't want to put up with her shit"
In response to Reply # 0

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

legsdiamond
79334 posts
Fri Jun-02-17 06:30 PM

19. "Doing it for God sounds better"
In response to Reply # 17

PROMO
Charter member
30821 posts
Fri Jun-02-17 05:15 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
18. "gurl, whatever you need to tell yourself to get by? you go right ahead."
In response to Reply # 0

Lobby General Discussion topic #13162049 Previous topic | Next topic