Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13143069

Subject: "Donald Trump “Struggled to Read” While Hosting SNL" Previous topic | Next topic
DavidHasselhoff
Charter member
11451 posts
Mon Apr-10-17 07:33 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Donald Trump “Struggled to Read” While Hosting SNL"

http://www.spin.com/2017/04/taran-killam-donald-trump-saturday-night-live/
In an extensive Q&A with Brooklyn Magazine this week, Taran Killam–actor, comedian, ex-SNLer and present-day King George in Hamilton–spoke positively about many things. He loved Get Out and Logan. He loved working on his new directorial debut, the action-comedy Why We’re Killing Gunther, which co-stars Arnold Schwarzenegger. Overall, he seems have loved his six years working with “the greatest performers I’ve ever stood side-by-side with” as a Saturday Night Live cast member.

There was one of those great performers, though, that he did not have anything nice to say about. Killam began his account of working with Donald Trump in November of 2015, when the then-presidential candidate hosted Saturday Night Live, by calling Trump a “moron.” Killam blamed both Trump and NBC for the fact that the episode exists: “It was not fun, and most of the cast and writers were not excited to have him there. I didn’t get the feeling that he was excited to be there, and it felt like a move for ratings from both sides.”

Most notably, Killam explained that the mechanics of doing comedy with Trump (Killam, notably, was the go-to pre-Alec-Baldwin Trump impersonator) were difficult. “He was… everything you see. What you see is what you get with him, really,” Killam explained. “He struggled to read at the table read, which did not give many of us great confidence. Didn’t get the jokes, really. He’s just a man who seems to be powered by bluster.”

It’s unfortunate that, almost a year and a half later, it’s almost impossible to reap pleasure out this new piece of empirical evidence that Donald Trump can barely read.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkLzSLkYnGc

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I mean... have you heard him speak?
Apr 10th 2017
It's so apparent when he does joint press conferences
Apr 10th 2017
      this is why he won tho...
Apr 10th 2017
The best thing to come out of all of this...
Apr 10th 2017
I think that was destroyed a long time ago
Apr 10th 2017
      By this I mean Trump in general.
Apr 10th 2017

Hitokiri
Charter member
22103 posts
Mon Apr-10-17 11:27 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I mean... have you heard him speak?"
In response to Reply # 0

The man can literally, barely put a sentence together. Everytime I hear him talk I hang my head in shame. How is it that the fucking president of this country can't form a sentence that's more than like 8 words long? How does he not know any adjectives besides 'bad,'sad,' 'good,' 'great' and 'terrible'? This dude talks about the effects of major world events and says "this is really bad." Muthafucker you're the goddamn president and you can't say anything more substantive that that?!

--

"You can't beat white people. You can only knock them out."

PimpTrickGangstaClik
Member since Oct 06th 2005
15894 posts
Mon Apr-10-17 12:19 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "It's so apparent when he does joint press conferences "
In response to Reply # 1

with other heads of state

Not only in their prepared remarks, but in how they answer questions.
Last week when the king of Jordan was at the White House, dude was dignified and at least appeared prepared and intelligent.

Some guy in the press ask him and Trump about Iran's role in Syria. Jordan's king directly answered the complex question.
Trump started rambling about how the nuclear deal was a bad, terrible, awful deal.
Since the nuclear deal had no relation to the question whatsoever, the reporter had to ask the question to Trump again, who once again gave a nonsense answer

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79560 posts
Mon Apr-10-17 12:45 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "this is why he won tho..."
In response to Reply # 2

that basic communication works well with a lot of Americans.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49394 posts
Mon Apr-10-17 12:47 PM

4. "The best thing to come out of all of this..."
In response to Reply # 0

Is I think it has permanently destroyed the idea that someone must be smart if they are rich.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79560 posts
Mon Apr-10-17 12:57 PM

5. "I think that was destroyed a long time ago"
In response to Reply # 4

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49394 posts
Mon Apr-10-17 02:34 PM

6. "By this I mean Trump in general. "
In response to Reply # 5

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

Lobby General Discussion topic #13143069 Previous topic | Next topic