Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13135405

Subject: "Y'all in any exclusive forums/groups/spaces on the net? " Previous topic | Next topic
kevlar skully
Member since Mar 13th 2007
6049 posts
Thu Mar-16-17 08:30 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Y'all in any exclusive forums/groups/spaces on the net? "

I just got posting privileges on one of the few left leaning video game forums on the net, after having registered a year ago. It may be one of the few geeks spaces where you can't whine about "Social justice warriors" without getting banned. Yeah, straight banned. It's a breath of fresh air.

I'm also in this damned exclusive fb group for nerds of color that took nearly a year before I was actually let in and allowed to post. I do believe there are white people in the group but it's mostly nerds of color getting to have in depth geek conversations without random assholes going, "why is it always about race?" Lots of creators in that group too, never say to them that black people need to make their own characters, cause they got em

I'm not saying either community is perfect but they are a huge change of pace from most every other comic or gaming sites

There was this one fb group for black nerds that was mostly cool until they started letting just anyone in... it was a chill place for black geeks but quickly became like any other geek forum online, now black cosplayers get shit for dressing up as non-black characters.

Y'all apart of any relatively exclusive forums like that?

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby General Discussion topic #13135405 Previous topic | Next topic