Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13131443

Subject: "Russia/Trump updates. (alert!)" Previous topic | Next topic
denny
Member since Apr 11th 2008
11281 posts
Thu Mar-02-17 10:06 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Russia/Trump updates. (alert!)"
Thu Mar-02-17 10:33 PM by denny

Not sure if people are following. Here's the latest:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/02/us/politics/kushner-flynn-sessions-russia.html?_r=0

And more:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/what-the-cia-and-fbi-knew-about-trump-before-2016

It's becoming more and more important for the public to see his tax returns.

Here's a pretty good twitter run from emerging American hero, David Frum. I'm too lazy to correct the format so start from the bottom and read up.

21) I’m not counseling despair here. I don’t feel despair. Only: nobody else will save the country if you don’t act yourself. END.

20) Meanwhile job market strong, stock market is up, immigration enforcement is popular.

19) And those of us who care disappear down rabbit holes debating whether Sessions’ false testimony amounts to perjury or not

18) GOP members of Congress decide they have more to fear from enforcing law against the president than from ignoring law with the president

17) As DC goes numb, citizen apathy accumulates …

16) The “oh he’s normal now” relief of so many to Trump’s Feb 28 speech revealed how ready DC is to succumb to dealmaking as usual.

15) But those individuals can be found & silenced. What then? We take it too much for granted that the president must lose this struggle

14) Only brave individuals in national security roles sharing truth with news organizations.

13) So many in DC serenely promise that “checks and balances” will save us. But right now: there is no check and no balance.

12) Despite patriotic statements from individual GOPers, as of now it seems that Speaker Ryan & Leader McConnell agree: no looking.

11) And possibly even bigger. We won’t know if we don’t look

10) … the biggest espionage scandal since the Rosenberg group stole the secret of the atomic bomb.

9) Meaning that Trump is rendering his party also complicit in what could well prove …

8) The peculiar grim irony in this case is that somewhere near the center of Trump’s story is the murky secret of Trump’s Russia connection

7) … they are not so well-built as to withstand an attack from a conscienceless president enabled by a hyper-partisan Congress

6) American institutions are built to withstand an attack from the president alone. But …

5) Otherwise, they put at risk party hopes for a once-in-a-lifetime chance to remake US government in ways not very popular with voters

4) In turn, in order to protect their legally vulnerable leader, Republicans in Congress must join the attack on norms & institutions

3) In order to protect himself, Trump must attack American norms and institutions - otherwise he faces fathomless legal risk

2) Donald Trump is a uniquely dangerous president because he harbors so many guilty secrets (or maybe 1 big guilty secret).

1) Sessions story today is a sinister confirmation of central thesis of my autocracy article:
(link if you haven't read it) https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/03/how-to-build-an-autocracy/513872/

It's unfortunate that this angle (Trump/Russian ties) just don't seem sexy enough for the left to care about. It's really the only hope in stopping this madman. And the more noise made about it...the more pressure mounts on Ryan and McConnell. The puzzle continue to takes shape...7 officials have now confirmed contact between Russian intelligence figures and Trump associates. Perhaps the question is how do we make this issue sexier for the anti-Trump masses so we can get some cohesion and organization in our push-back?

As an unrelated point....i don't know about anyone else....but the idea of publishing a weekly list of crimes committed by illegal immigrants is one of the most disturbing developments yet imo. Hitler did the same thing with Jewish people so you can bet this was a Bannon idea. In fact, Bannon apparently did something similar at Brietbart in compiling weekly lists of crimes committed by black people. It's become clear that whenever Trump does something related to the tactics of Mussolini or Hitler....it's Bannon.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/03/02/adolf-hitler-also-published-a-list-of-crimes-committed-by-groups-he-didnt-like/?utm_term=.0fd2eead5bd5

He must be stopped! And Russian ties are the way to do it.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
cmon man lol
Mar 02nd 2017
lol
Mar 02nd 2017
Huh in the whatnow?
Mar 02nd 2017
      haha OR
Mar 02nd 2017
           Well I'll take that L.
Mar 02nd 2017
                almost nothing in those tweets are alerting or updating
Mar 02nd 2017
                     Well since I didn't see the other post.....
Mar 02nd 2017
Red alert
Mar 02nd 2017
Curious to know what you think about this though.
Mar 02nd 2017
      In before the lock and delete
Mar 02nd 2017
I believe part of them WANTS to get caught
Mar 03rd 2017
i think they are just so arrogant they don't care
Mar 03rd 2017
Denny is this the breaking news you promised us?
Mar 03rd 2017
He will survive
Mar 03rd 2017

GriftyMcgrift
Member since May 22nd 2002
20414 posts
Thu Mar-02-17 10:15 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "cmon man lol"
In response to Reply # 0

rdhull
Charter member
33138 posts
Thu Mar-02-17 10:21 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "lol"
In response to Reply # 1

denny
11281 posts
Thu Mar-02-17 10:36 PM

4. "Huh in the whatnow?"
In response to Reply # 1
Thu Mar-02-17 10:37 PM by denny

C'mon what? You don't think this is relevant? SMH

As stated.....'public apathy increases'.

GriftyMcgrift
20414 posts
Thu Mar-02-17 10:42 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "haha OR"
In response to Reply # 4
Thu Mar-02-17 10:43 PM by GriftyMcgrift

you doing about 10 too much here, half of what you wrote have doesnt even provide any information but is just some kind of editorialized comment provided by you for the benefit of... us? really?

and then theres literally an entire post dedicated to DJ j.sESH AND mOSKOW kREW on the front page that could have posted anything of use in

or its apathy whichever

edit*

wait I just looked closer, your numbered things are someone elses tweets?????

cmon man

denny
11281 posts
Thu Mar-02-17 10:47 PM

7. "Well I'll take that L."
In response to Reply # 6

I honestly didn't see the other post. I'll copy and paste.

But are you 'really' objecting to making 'editorial comments' on a message board? You seem inappropriately surprised by this lol.

GriftyMcgrift
20414 posts
Thu Mar-02-17 10:50 PM

8. "almost nothing in those tweets are alerting or updating"
In response to Reply # 7

anything

denny
11281 posts
Thu Mar-02-17 10:53 PM

9. "Well since I didn't see the other post....."
In response to Reply # 8
Thu Mar-02-17 10:54 PM by denny

the two articles I linked certainly ARE an update for anyone who hasn't been following. I actually looked for a post about these developments and literally skipped over the one you pointed out so I figured it hadn't been discussed yet.

Mods, please feel free to delete this post. Reading through the other one...I can see that the articles I linked are redundant.

Lurkmode
Member since May 07th 2011
5190 posts
Thu Mar-02-17 10:31 PM

3. "Red alert"
In response to Reply # 0

https://youtu.be/wV30YwXaKJg

---------------------------
Signature

denny
11281 posts
Thu Mar-02-17 10:41 PM

5. "Curious to know what you think about this though."
In response to Reply # 3

Do you think this is worth pursuing via independent inquiry? Do you think Trump should release his tax returns? Do you think this whole line of investigative reporting is a waste of time?

Lurkmode
Member since May 07th 2011
5190 posts
Thu Mar-02-17 11:05 PM

10. "In before the lock and delete"
In response to Reply # 5

>Do you think this is worth pursuing via independent inquiry? Yes

>Do you think Trump should release his tax returns? Yes

Do you
>think this whole line of investigative reporting is a waste of
>time? No but were you one of those on the board who said Trump was tricking the media ?

---------------------------
Signature

j.
Member since Feb 24th 2009
3819 posts
Fri Mar-03-17 10:05 AM

11. "I believe part of them WANTS to get caught"
In response to Reply # 0

of course they do their utmost to sneak and lie and hide the dirt
but at the same time living a double life is stressful, like bigly
ask any cheater, scammer, etc
that shit wears you down psychologically, mentally, physically
it's not the lie that gets you, it's the cover up

How they're being so careless with this shit
Flynn KNEW all calls with Russian staff are monitored
(hell, the average civilian on the street knows that)
Sessions KNEW he was lying when he answered Franken's question
(anytime a politician says "I don't recall" is proof. See: reagan, bill clinton, foley, etc)

It's like they're crying out for help: GET ME OUT OF THIS I CAN'T TAKE IT!!!

makaveli
Charter member
16307 posts
Fri Mar-03-17 11:24 AM

13. "i think they are just so arrogant they don't care"
In response to Reply # 11

but I know what you mean.

“So back we go to these questions — friendship, character… ethics.”

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Fri Mar-03-17 10:23 AM

12. "Denny is this the breaking news you promised us? "
In response to Reply # 0

handle
Charter member
18954 posts
Fri Mar-03-17 12:12 PM

14. "He will survive"
In response to Reply # 0

Republicans KNOW they are corrupt - they accept it - and the keep it moving.

------------

Gone: My Discogs collection for The Roots:
http://www.discogs.com/user/tomhayes-roots/collection

Lobby General Discussion topic #13131443 Previous topic | Next topic