Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13130163

Subject: "Sneakerheads...what one model of shoe do you own the most of?" Previous topic | Next topic
Dstl1
Charter member
56233 posts
Tue Feb-28-17 10:55 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Sneakerheads...what one model of shoe do you own the most of?"

Looking through my stuff this morning, contemplating thinning out the collection a bit...it occurred to me that I have A LOT of AJ 1's. Wild different variations and colorways. Lows, highs, super-highs, straps, etc. It's not even my favorite J, either (that would be the 9's). Chucks come in at a close second.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
AJ1, AJ11, Ulraboost, NMD, Foamposite
Feb 28th 2017
my Foam game sucks...
Feb 28th 2017
      Ultraboosts might be the most comfortable sneaker out right now
Feb 28th 2017
           is there a fundamental difference in NMDs....or is Adidas just trying...
Mar 01st 2017
converse jack purcell and AJ1
Feb 28th 2017
Kobe 11's
Feb 28th 2017
JUST copped my first pair of these...SO GOOD
Feb 28th 2017
      The grip on them are phenomenal.
Feb 28th 2017
           bruh! I copped those Bright Mango joints John Wall rocks...
Feb 28th 2017
                Kobe 11 is my favorite shoe to play in right now
Feb 28th 2017
                     the Mangos have the black bottom...
Feb 28th 2017
                          yeah, I think it just depends on what the bottom material is
Feb 28th 2017
runners
Feb 28th 2017
I'm a BIG Gel Saga guy...shits feel like pillows
Feb 28th 2017
you tried the lyte V's
Feb 28th 2017
      yes sir, I got a pair of V's...
Feb 28th 2017
           just got the selvedge joints last night
Mar 01st 2017
just got a pair of NB 577 Uk ... so comfortable
Feb 28th 2017
      yes,
Feb 28th 2017
      all about them 999's for me
Mar 01st 2017
           ^^ also, yes. although
Mar 02nd 2017
Air Max 1 is my staple...
Feb 28th 2017
what makes a person
Feb 28th 2017
for me personally, it started with Jordans...
Mar 01st 2017
      this confirms
Mar 01st 2017
           my $hit comes from oppression
Mar 02nd 2017
                my boy had holes in his shoes growing up
Mar 02nd 2017
                I had talking shoes too.
Mar 02nd 2017
                I can see that angle too.
Mar 02nd 2017
AJ 11 (7), Air Max 90 (5)
Feb 28th 2017
I bought my first pair of 7's this past December...
Feb 28th 2017
      RE: I bought my first pair of 7's this past December...
Feb 28th 2017
           I know the Bron 13's do...
Feb 28th 2017
gel lyte 3's
Feb 28th 2017
dunks, chucks...
Feb 28th 2017
jordan 13. 3 pair.
Feb 28th 2017
Actually I have 4 pairs of foam ones. Forgot about that until I got home...
Feb 28th 2017
ultra boosts(8 ish) then 11's
Feb 28th 2017
a few of yall with mad 11's...
Feb 28th 2017
      i never owned a single pair of jordans until the past few years
Mar 01st 2017
Air Max 90
Feb 28th 2017
Flyknit Racers, Kobe 8's
Feb 28th 2017
Jordan 3s
Feb 28th 2017
1 specific model?
Mar 02nd 2017
sb dunks
Mar 02nd 2017

Innocent Criminal
Member since May 03rd 2003
14586 posts
Tue Feb-28-17 10:56 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "AJ1, AJ11, Ulraboost, NMD, Foamposite"
In response to Reply # 0

Dstl1
Charter member
56233 posts
Tue Feb-28-17 11:30 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "my Foam game sucks..."
In response to Reply # 1

just really broke into Boosts, though. Really happy with the Pure Boost...I've been told Ultras are in another galaxy.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Innocent Criminal
14586 posts
Tue Feb-28-17 11:35 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
10. "Ultraboosts might be the most comfortable sneaker out right now"
In response to Reply # 7

I've got a pairs of other shoes with the boost material, but UB blows them all out the water. Yeezy Boosts 350 v1/v2 might come in second.

Dstl1
Charter member
56233 posts
Wed Mar-01-17 04:08 PM

37. "is there a fundamental difference in NMDs....or is Adidas just trying..."
In response to Reply # 10

to get ALL the dough?

GROOVEPHI
Charter member
10630 posts
Tue Feb-28-17 11:15 AM

2. "converse jack purcell and AJ1"
In response to Reply # 0

i have like 4 pair of jack purcells - leather, floral print, vintage,
and 2 pair of AJ1 - low black/blue joints and hi AJKO vintage from 2009

Quincy Lovehandles
Member since Dec 27th 2007
700 posts
Tue Feb-28-17 11:15 AM

3. "Kobe 11's "
In response to Reply # 0

Dstl1
Charter member
56233 posts
Tue Feb-28-17 11:24 AM

5. "JUST copped my first pair of these...SO GOOD"
In response to Reply # 3

Innocent Criminal
14586 posts
Tue Feb-28-17 11:25 AM

6. "The grip on them are phenomenal. "
In response to Reply # 5

I still don't play in them though because I like to feel like I have ankle support.

Dstl1
Charter member
56233 posts
Tue Feb-28-17 11:34 AM

8. "bruh! I copped those Bright Mango joints John Wall rocks..."
In response to Reply # 6

they look even doper in person. Wore em' to the gym just to work out in. They lock in on your feet. I feel you though. It might just be in my brain, but I feel like I NEED some material around my ankles before I start cuttin.

DJR
Member since Jan 01st 2005
18642 posts
Tue Feb-28-17 01:53 PM

23. "Kobe 11 is my favorite shoe to play in right now"
In response to Reply # 8

I've done lows before, going back a ways. Like, I played in the Grant Hill lows way back in the day. So I've been ok with them, but I just always preferred mids. Right now, I don't want to wear anything else when I hoop. I've got the draft day Hornets colorway pair. They fit my foot perfectly and grip the floor hard. I guess some colorways with translucent bottoms are known to pick up a lot of dust and get slippery. My pair sticks hard though.

Dstl1
Charter member
56233 posts
Tue Feb-28-17 02:08 PM

24. "the Mangos have the black bottom..."
In response to Reply # 23

I read reviews on Foot Locker with people crying about they collect dust mad easy and the grip is wack...but that was just a few. The majority were raving about how WELL they grip.

DJR
18642 posts
Tue Feb-28-17 03:16 PM

28. "yeah, I think it just depends on what the bottom material is"
In response to Reply # 24

Some of them are so sticky that they basically become dust mops on dusty courts, is what I gather. Mine are white, solid rubber and other than needing some occasional wiping, they grip hard.

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Tue Feb-28-17 11:22 AM

4. "runners"
In response to Reply # 0

asics gel sight
asics gel saga
new balance 577
puma lux cage

IG: amadu_me

"...Whateva, man..." (c) Redman

Dstl1
Charter member
56233 posts
Tue Feb-28-17 11:34 AM

9. "I'm a BIG Gel Saga guy...shits feel like pillows"
In response to Reply # 4

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Tue Feb-28-17 03:09 PM

25. "you tried the lyte V's"
In response to Reply # 9

or the Kayano Trainer?

https://goo.gl/images/l4KwX5

https://goo.gl/images/SAROyb

what's your opinion?

Dstl1
Charter member
56233 posts
Tue Feb-28-17 03:39 PM

29. "yes sir, I got a pair of V's..."
In response to Reply # 25

http://www.asicstiger.com/us/en-us/gel-lyte-v/p/0010265839.4790
they're not as cushion-y to ME. They a little more supportive, like, they really stand tall. I'm almost certain it's the same midsole as these selvedge joints I got, https://www.eukicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Asics-Denim-Summer-2016-6.jpg so I was cool with the feel.
That trainer looks rugged as fuck.

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Wed Mar-01-17 12:13 PM

35. "just got the selvedge joints last night"
In response to Reply # 29

THANK YOU AMAZON

I rock an 11, there's a little room at the toe, but my gel lyte 3's were ON MY TOE and fk that. LOL

Peace.

Quincy Lovehandles
Member since Dec 27th 2007
700 posts
Tue Feb-28-17 12:15 PM

17. "just got a pair of NB 577 Uk ... so comfortable "
In response to Reply # 4

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Tue Feb-28-17 03:10 PM

26. "yes, "
In response to Reply # 17

and that wide bottom helps.

Dstl1
Charter member
56233 posts
Wed Mar-01-17 12:43 PM

36. "all about them 999's for me"
In response to Reply # 17

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Thu Mar-02-17 01:57 PM

40. "^^ also, yes. although"
In response to Reply # 36

truth be told, I'm really just a sucker for the slanted toebox.

except for 574's...damn I hate those.

but I hate Journey's (they hype them the most), so by proxy I hate everything they sell.

Ron Burgandy
Member since Sep 16th 2005
1599 posts
Tue Feb-28-17 11:38 AM

11. "Air Max 1 is my staple..."
In response to Reply # 0

really digging the flyknit versions....feel like walking on clouds.

You stay classy okayplayer!!

tariqhu
Charter member
17894 posts
Tue Feb-28-17 11:44 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
12. "what makes a person"
In response to Reply # 0

a sneaker head? not that I'll ever be one. I only have like 5-6 pair of sneaks.

Do sneaker heads just wear for fashion or do you also buy shoes for athletics?

where do you buy the shoes? are they cheaper than going to retail shops?

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

Dstl1
Charter member
56233 posts
Wed Mar-01-17 09:20 AM

34. "for me personally, it started with Jordans..."
In response to Reply # 12

I know some people look at them (and more expensive shoes in general) as wasteful...but I have a saying that people will spend their money on what they want to spend it on. Everyone has their thing. I guess different people have different reasons. I mean, I was around for the start of Jordans. My next door neighbors when I was growing up, had 3 boys. The youngest and I were 6 days apart in age and were best friends (r.i.p. Johnathan). He had two older brothers. I remember the day the oldest brother got a pair of AJ1's. We were outside playing and he and their father came around the corner. As they passed us, his brother was leaning out the window with the Jordan box saying "come on, come on...I got em". We literally ran after the truck. As soon as they pulled in the driveway, he hopped out and opened the box and we all marveled at them...right there in the front yard. Joints were $65. That was 1985. In addition to Jordans, I've always liked shoes. All different types. Nothing better than wearing a crispy ass pair for the first time...then putting them back in the box and not wearing them again for 6 months, lol. I guess that's what makes you a sneakerhead...I dunno. I definitely buy shoes for specific purposes. I buy shoes that will be gym shoes. Shoes that will be hopped in. Most of them, though, are shoes that will just be kicked around in...shopping, chilling, going out to eat, etc. If I had to break it down, I would say
Ebay 80%
other online spots like Eastbay, Finish Line, Flight Club, Sneakerhead.com 15%
Outlet Stores 5%.
Anytime I go out of town and I see an outlet mall...if it has a Nike Store, I go there. You never know what gem could be sitting on the shelf in there. I guess it's like when dudes who make beats go crate-digging in record stores. It just feels great. One thing I don't do, though, is a lot of retail store buying. Like, I can't remember the last time I went to a store and waited in line for a shoe on release day. My days of that shit are over, lol.

tariqhu
Charter member
17894 posts
Wed Mar-01-17 07:19 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
38. "this confirms"
In response to Reply # 34
Wed Mar-01-17 07:21 PM by tariqhu

that I'll never be a sneaker head. haha

I mainly buy for function, so I tend to beat my sneaks up and not care about how they look. I have maybe 2-3 for fashion, but even with those, I'll likely go play/run in them.

thanks for the breakdown.

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Thu Mar-02-17 02:04 PM

41. "my $hit comes from oppression"
In response to Reply # 38

my shoes had to last at LEAST the school year. My parents had a fit over PUMA's during my breaking heyday.

I kinda espoused the bobbito ethic - cop the fire joints and take care of them, cause you don't know when you gettin another pair; and back then there was no such thing as a 're-issue' or a 'retro' - if you didn't get them when they dropped, you was assed out, cuz the next iteration would be different.

To me it was like building model cars - you played with them but not too much where you fucked them up.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79621 posts
Thu Mar-02-17 02:32 PM

42. "my boy had holes in his shoes growing up"
In response to Reply # 41

one year the coach came to us and asked us to kick in so we could get him some new shoes for basketball. He cried like a baby.

now, since this was our boy we also joked the fuck out of him for his talking shoes. We were rutheless but he had tough skin and would snap back on our flaws as well.

I finally got up with him a few years back after 20 years or so. Dude said he has a closet filled with shoes. Said he would never go through that again.

I like shoes but not like that. The older I get, the less I spend.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

tariqhu
Charter member
17894 posts
Thu Mar-02-17 04:55 PM

44. "I had talking shoes too."
In response to Reply # 42

didn't get joked on too much since my lil broke crew had busted shoes too.

tariqhu
Charter member
17894 posts
Thu Mar-02-17 04:54 PM

43. "I can see that angle too."
In response to Reply # 41

I think I just never cared enough ,lol, cuz I had holes in my shit growing up.

guess since I was growing so much, I never thought about keeping shoes or got attached to the diff versions.

JFrost1117
Member since Aug 12th 2005
23883 posts
Tue Feb-28-17 11:45 AM

13. "AJ 11 (7), Air Max 90 (5)"
In response to Reply # 0

The rest, I only have 2 colorways, at most. I want more 12's and 13's.

Yes! She's on the drugs. (c) BoHagon

Dstl1
Charter member
56233 posts
Tue Feb-28-17 11:50 AM

14. "I bought my first pair of 7's this past December..."
In response to Reply # 13

I'm on them like a demon, now. I want every.damn.color, lol.

JFrost1117
Member since Aug 12th 2005
23883 posts
Tue Feb-28-17 11:57 AM

15. "RE: I bought my first pair of 7's this past December..."
In response to Reply # 14

I only have the Raptors, but I do love that model. Pretty much any of them with the inner bootie. I wear them shits like "yeah, 3 championships makes sense". I hear the new Brons have a bootie inside.

Yes! She's on the drugs. (c) BoHagon

Dstl1
Charter member
56233 posts
Tue Feb-28-17 12:04 PM

16. "I know the Bron 13's do..."
In response to Reply # 15

I was at a Nike outlet this past weekend and they had a GRIP of the black ones, as well as the burgundy joints...
http://sneakerbardetroit.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/black-lion-lebron-13-official-look-3.jpg
They were kinda cheap, but I couldn't pull the trigger.

They also had a gang of KD 8 Elites...for a buck. Might grab a pair this weekend. I seriously doubt they will be gone.
http://sneakerbardetroit.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/nike-kd-8-elite-white-release-date.jpg

ambient1
Member since May 23rd 2007
41077 posts
Tue Feb-28-17 12:19 PM

18. "gel lyte 3's"
In response to Reply # 0

=======================================
Coolin...

CyrenYoung
Charter member
34204 posts
Tue Feb-28-17 12:30 PM

19. "dunks, chucks..."
In response to Reply # 0

..while i like a variety of sneakers, the dunks were the most comfortable sneaker with an abundant color-way to kick around in.

and chucks, because chucks.

*skatin' the rings of saturn*

..and miles to go before i sleep...

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85077 posts
Tue Feb-28-17 01:38 PM

20. "jordan 13. 3 pair."
In response to Reply # 0

<--- Big Baller World Order

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85077 posts
Tue Feb-28-17 07:42 PM

32. "Actually I have 4 pairs of foam ones. Forgot about that until I got home..."
In response to Reply # 20

<--- Big Baller World Order

GriftyMcgrift
Member since May 22nd 2002
20414 posts
Tue Feb-28-17 01:45 PM

21. "ultra boosts(8 ish) then 11's"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Feb-28-17 01:46 PM by GriftyMcgrift

or 6's

might be a tie for second

Dstl1
Charter member
56233 posts
Tue Feb-28-17 03:11 PM

27. "a few of yall with mad 11's..."
In response to Reply # 21

did you catch your's OG...or as the retros start coming. I just ask, because these days they bustin heads on Ebay for all manner of 11's.

GriftyMcgrift
Member since May 22nd 2002
20414 posts
Wed Mar-01-17 12:08 AM

33. "i never owned a single pair of jordans until the past few years"
In response to Reply # 27

i pretty much got one pair of shoes as a kid and they were sambas cause i could play soccer and wear them to school

so ya all mine are recent releases

DJR
18642 posts
Tue Feb-28-17 01:49 PM

22. "Air Max 90"
In response to Reply # 0

Affordable and easy to catch on sale.

ry 213
Member since Jan 24th 2010
1013 posts
Tue Feb-28-17 03:47 PM

30. "Flyknit Racers, Kobe 8's"
In response to Reply # 0

SsenepoD
Member since Nov 13th 2007
4331 posts
Tue Feb-28-17 07:03 PM

31. "Jordan 3s"
In response to Reply # 0

white cement
black cement
fips
black cats
mocha
fire red
true blue

http://www.2amDonuts.bandcamp.com

Effa
Charter member
29371 posts
Thu Mar-02-17 12:57 PM

39. "1 specific model?"
In response to Reply # 0

its weird I have like 25-30 pairs but all different.

I have 4 air tech challenge 2's but two are the hot lava colorway.

I have 3 different New Balance 577's

all time most is probably the nike dunk. I must've junked 6 pairs by now.

noseitall
Charter member
2414 posts
Thu Mar-02-17 05:57 PM

45. "sb dunks"
In response to Reply # 0

peace.
~~~~~~~~~

my hard head makes me learn shit the hard way - t.i.

my greatest enemy is my inner me - lupe fiasco

Lobby General Discussion topic #13130163 Previous topic | Next topic