Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13115863

Subject: "I was called a faggot by a blk person before I was called a nigger" Previous topic | Next topic
MME
Charter member
11940 posts
Thu Jan-19-17 11:25 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"I was called a faggot by a blk person before I was called a nigger"

(partial swipe, but please read, it's very good)

http://www.cokeandjack.com/2017/01/i-was-called-a-faggot-by-a-black-person-way-before-i-was-called-a-nigger/

.."My developmental years were spent combating inner feelings of shame caused by people who looked just like me. You see, I realize now – in my thinking back, that children aren’t anything but by-products of their parents or village. If they aren’t offered love in a healthy manner, they won’t grow up knowing how to give love, receive love, or show love. In the same way, if hate is all they know, hate is what they will offer.

So really, when we look at how this all plays out, the playground is where perpetuated stigma and the backlash of internal struggles caused by our dealings at home rear their heads. Almost as a trailer for what our life movie is going to look like in many spaces years later.

The first person to ever call me a faggot was a boy my age at the time. I was on the playground swinging on a blue and white swing set with my good girlfriends. He walked by, saw us, and yelled “why are you all playing with that little faggot?” to the girls.

One girl stopped swinging, jumped off the swing and ran up to him in response. She had always been the most mouthy, so I knew she was going to say something to him. I just didn’t know what. Her words were, and I remember this like it was this morning because it meant so much to me, “he ain’t no faggot and if he was, he is still my friend, ugly.” They then engaged in a back-and-forth exchange of insults as children do, and that was over.

Sidebar: Black girls and women, since forever, have been standing up for those who could not stand up for themselves; even when they needed someone to stand up for them. My recollection of this experience just made that understanding very personal for me."

FUCK DONALD TRUMP

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
It all started in Africa
Jan 19th 2017
The stripping business?
Jan 19th 2017
Why would another black person call him a "nigger?"
Jan 19th 2017
It has happened on Okayplayer quite a bit
Jan 19th 2017
Near daily
Jan 19th 2017
He meant a white person.
Jan 19th 2017
I think flip is saying it's more likely to be called out your name by yo...
Jan 19th 2017
He clearly said "black"
Jan 19th 2017
Huh? Did you click the link? The whole quote is there
Jan 19th 2017
I phrased it weirdly, but I was mainly referring to opportunity
Jan 20th 2017
right.
Jan 19th 2017
reminds me of this guy's sig back in the day
Jan 19th 2017
sigworthy
Jan 19th 2017
Wack dumb stupid/ discrimination ain't got nothing to do with name calli...
Jan 20th 2017

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Thu Jan-19-17 11:44 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "It all started in Africa "
In response to Reply # 0

Paps_Smear
Member since Feb 02nd 2009
4254 posts
Thu Jan-19-17 01:21 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "The stripping business?"
In response to Reply # 1

=================
Official Okay-Super Villain™

I only play the games that I win at -
Gamertag: Innovator
PSN: DurtyGambino
Steam: Durty Gambino
Twitch.tv/durtygambino

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13573 posts
Thu Jan-19-17 11:47 AM

2. "Why would another black person call him a "nigger?""
In response to Reply # 0

Was dude even around white folks at the time?

Seems like this is kinda like saying I was called names by a black kid way before a white kid, but I was pretty-much around all black folks until college.

GrumpySmurf
Charter member
3375 posts
Thu Jan-19-17 12:43 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "It has happened on Okayplayer quite a bit"
In response to Reply # 2

So Im sure it can happen in the real world.

cgonz00cc
Member since Aug 01st 2002
35254 posts
Thu Jan-19-17 06:46 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
8. "Near daily"
In response to Reply # 4

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

MME
Charter member
11940 posts
Thu Jan-19-17 06:01 PM

7. "He meant a white person."
In response to Reply # 2

FUCK DONALD TRUMP

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79594 posts
Thu Jan-19-17 07:08 PM

9. "I think flip is saying it's more likely to be called out your name by yo..."
In response to Reply # 7
Thu Jan-19-17 07:10 PM by legsdiamond

because you grow up around your own.

i get what dude is saying but it's not really that shocking to hear.

I've heard people who date outside their race say black men/women shitted on them before white folk so that's why they don't date black folk

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

GrumpySmurf
Charter member
3375 posts
Thu Jan-19-17 07:34 PM

10. "He clearly said "black""
In response to Reply # 7

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79594 posts
Thu Jan-19-17 08:08 PM

11. "Huh? Did you click the link? The whole quote is there"
In response to Reply # 10

He says a black person called him a faggot before a white person called him a nigger.

It's not shocking news tho... our first conflict/fight is usually with someone of the same color.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13573 posts
Fri Jan-20-17 09:21 AM

14. "I phrased it weirdly, but I was mainly referring to opportunity"
In response to Reply # 7

If he was around mainly other black people a a kid then of course they had the most opportunity to insult him, and if he wasn't around white people much when younger then there was no opportunity for them to call him names.

It's like how I've been in plenty of fights with black dudes, but never in a fight with a white guy. Without the context I provided a few posts ago I could twist that however I wanted.

I do feel him about being attack by your "own" people (i.e. your close friends/family/schoolmates/neighbors).

kayru99
Member since Jan 26th 2004
16105 posts
Thu Jan-19-17 10:30 PM

12. "right."
In response to Reply # 2

BigJazz
Charter member
24443 posts
Thu Jan-19-17 12:02 PM

3. "reminds me of this guy's sig back in the day"
In response to Reply # 0

i forget the poster but his sig said something like

don't let no nigga call you a faggot & don't let no faggot call you a nigga

I ain't lyin. This shit i'm making up is true...

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59181 posts
Thu Jan-19-17 01:20 PM

5. "sigworthy"
In response to Reply # 0

he ain’t no faggot and if he was, he is still my friend, ugly.

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

Musa
Member since Mar 08th 2006
15789 posts
Fri Jan-20-17 08:58 AM

13. "Wack dumb stupid/ discrimination ain't got nothing to do with name calli..."
In response to Reply # 0

dumb emotional estrogen filled nonsense.

<----

Soundcloud.com/aquil84

(HIP HOP)
http://aquil.bandcamp.com

Lobby General Discussion topic #13115863 Previous topic | Next topic