Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13115813

Subject: "** Television Thursday ** ©" Previous topic | Next topic
placee_22
Member since Sep 30th 2002
12956 posts
Thu Jan-19-17 09:21 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"** Television Thursday ** ©"

No new UK shows this week.

Red Rock is back in all it's cheesy US Soap-like glory. It's actually pretty good tho. Check out season 1 on Amazon Prime if you can.

US shows.

I missed Blackish b/c I forgot it was Wednesday.
This is Us - even their filler episodes (which this clearly was) are good.

Just watched Sneaky Pete on Amazon Prime. Watched the Trailer like damn near 2 yrs ago, they finally released the entire season and it's really good. Giovanni Ribisi is the lead and he's great. A lot of faces you'll recognize if you watched Justified. The cast was great and the storyline was pretty good throughout.

Can't think of anything else. Will be back.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Nothing else to be said about This Is Us...
Jan 19th 2017
yeah, the backstories on the doc and the fireman were great
Jan 19th 2017
HBO released 2 episodes of The Young Pope
Jan 19th 2017
Young Pope looks fire
Jan 19th 2017
Started the 1st ep but fell asleep quickly. Not because it was...
Jan 19th 2017
      There is a lot of dialogue. It's like GoT without the battles
Jan 19th 2017
Caught up with the Expanse since I fuck with the actors
Jan 19th 2017
Im also amped for Sneaky Pete. Justified remains heavily underrated.
Jan 19th 2017
Friday Night Tykes is bike!
Jan 19th 2017
Finally, another Blood Eagle sacrifice on Vikings!
Jan 20th 2017

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Thu Jan-19-17 09:26 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Nothing else to be said about This Is Us..."
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Jan-19-17 09:29 AM by Creole

I'm stuck now waiting on what we briefly discussed last week which is there being a death episode where we gotta deal with Jack and William both passing away in the same hour. it's in my head and I can't let go of the thought.

Tuesday night's episode was awesome as usual. The first episode where the grown kids weren't all over the screen. Was still amazing!

Edit: I've got Sneaky Pete on deck for some binge watching this upcoming weekend. Gotta start using my Roku to it's fullest. we've got Netflix and Amazon Prime accounts that don't get used as much tas they should especially since we really only watch two shows - black-ish and This Is Us - on regular cable.

placee_22
12956 posts
Thu Jan-19-17 09:33 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "yeah, the backstories on the doc and the fireman were great"
In response to Reply # 1

albeit hard to watch for different reasons. They were both going through it.

But it really started to clear up something that kinda hit me in the first episode but didn't really hit me until this past episode.

This entire thing revolves around Randall. Whether he's on screen or not as adult or kid, he's catalyst. That's pretty awesome.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79605 posts
Thu Jan-19-17 09:34 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "HBO released 2 episodes of The Young Pope "
In response to Reply # 0

This is going to be good. Jude Law is great in this and the Vatican power struggle is crazy.

I missed This Is Us on Tues.

Blackish was ok this week. It was about Black folk going to therapy.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

placee_22
12956 posts
Thu Jan-19-17 09:38 AM

4. " Young Pope looks fire"
In response to Reply # 3

I think all the episodes are out there b/c it aired on BBC 1st. I could be wrong, but I feel like I stumbled upon it while looking for Red Rock.

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Thu Jan-19-17 10:33 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "Started the 1st ep but fell asleep quickly. Not because it was..."
In response to Reply # 3

boring but because I was tired. Looking forward to getting back to it though because I dig Jude Law and Diane Keaton.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79605 posts
Thu Jan-19-17 11:05 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
8. "There is a lot of dialogue. It's like GoT without the battles"
In response to Reply # 5

I watched 2 episodes and have to rewatch. Just like GoT I zone out, don't remember names and rely on my wife because I'm usually doing something else while watching.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

BigReg
Charter member
62390 posts
Thu Jan-19-17 11:01 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "Caught up with the Expanse since I fuck with the actors"
In response to Reply # 0

Basically Cutty from the Wire and Thomas "HBO's Hung" Jane.

Its good, but not great tv. Great production values and they took some of the game of thrones playbook (lots of political maneuvering, people get murked) but its not as assured in its filmmaking. Tune in if you want good sci-fi, political intrigue tho.

BigReg
Charter member
62390 posts
Thu Jan-19-17 11:04 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "Im also amped for Sneaky Pete. Justified remains heavily underrated."
In response to Reply # 0

kingjerm78
Member since Jul 05th 2007
24725 posts
Thu Jan-19-17 07:56 PM

9. "Friday Night Tykes is bike!"
In response to Reply # 0

--------------------------------

one half of the most dynamic tag team on the net...nappyafro's FROCAST!

http://www.frocast.com
www.nappyafro.com
store.nappyafro.com

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Fri Jan-20-17 09:12 AM

10. "Finally, another Blood Eagle sacrifice on Vikings!"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Jan-20-17 09:15 AM by Creole

Just caught the most recent episode last night. All in the name of the great Ragnar Lothbrook! One of the best joints I've ever watched. IN fact, I've always enjoyed pieces from this period. Never got into GoT because I didn't catch it from the beginning but I think I will now.

http://www.hellblade.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/HellBlade__BloodEagle_011.jpg

Lobby General Discussion topic #13115813 Previous topic | Next topic