Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13114770

Subject: "NY Times: 8 Years of Obama Was Enough (swipe)" Previous topic | Next topic
Firecracker
Member since Feb 20th 2007
1892 posts
Sun Jan-15-17 01:48 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"NY Times: 8 Years of Obama Was Enough (swipe)"

EIGHT WAS ENOUGH

Mr. Obama warned us against retreating into our bubbles, but he was never able to escape his own.

The Obama years, which left us divided and angry, paved the way for the ascent of Donald J. Trump.

IT wasn’t supposed to end this way for Democrats. Eight years ago, Barack Obama won the presidency promising to transform America. A supremely self-confident politician, Mr. Obama was the object of extravagant hopes that he nurtured and encouraged.

After his Super Tuesday primary victories in 2008, Mr. Obama said that the movement he began would “ring out across this land as a hymn that will heal this nation, repair this world, make this time different than all the rest.” He would slow the rise of the oceans, end wars abroad and bridge political divisions at home. For his supporters, Mr. Obama was almost a figure of myth, comparable to Lincoln. When he won the presidency, nothing seemed beyond his reach.

Yet after two terms of the Obama presidency, the Democratic Party is weaker than it has been since the 1920s. Republicans now control the presidency, the Senate, the House and a strong majority of governorships and state legislatures. President Obama’s repeated personal appeals to his supporters to vote for Hillary Clinton in order to preserve his legacy failed to put her over the top. The man who seemed to hold such promise for his party ended up taking a scythe to it.

What happened?

For some of the president’s admirers, the answer is that America has become benighted and bigoted. For others, the culprit is the Republican Party, which obstructed Mr. Obama at every turn. And for still others, like Mr. Obama, the problem is that his administration didn’t do enough to advertise its greatness.

Even if you believe there are elements of truth in these explanations, they still amount to excuses. The same country that twice elected Mr. Obama did not suddenly become a nation of deplorables. In his first two years, with Democrats firmly in control of the House and Senate, Mr. Obama won the passage of his sweeping legislative agenda, including the Affordable Care Act, the stimulus package, financial regulations, the extension of jobless benefits and more. As for selling his policies, President Obama was constantly making his case.

The decimation of the Democratic Party came because Mr. Obama turned out to be great at poetry and bad at prose.

Start with the economy. It’s true that he inherited a wicked recession, that unemployment is much lower than when he entered office and that the stock market has reached an all-time high. On the flip side, the economic recovery has been unusually weak, with annual growth never exceeding 3 percent. (Until Mr. Obama, every president since Herbert Hoover had at least one year of 3 percent growth.) The labor force participation rate is at the lowest it has been since the 1970s. Since 2008, real wages have remained the same or fallen for the bottom four-fifths.

To make matters worse, the Obama presidency has been characterized by injurious incompetence, in particular with regard to his signature achievement, Obamacare. The unveiling of the website was a disaster, and the promises the president made — that Americans could keep their doctors and plans if they chose to — were false. Mr. Obama guaranteed lower insurance costs to families and lower health costs to the taxpayer; instead, costs rose. Several of the state-run exchanges appear to be headed for collapse.

Overseas, the Obama years have been defined by spreading disorder and chaos, particularly in the Middle East and North Africa, with nations collapsing and borders dissolving. More terrorist safe havens have been established than ever before. Russia and China have become more aggressive and significantly increased their geopolitical influence. America is now held in brazen contempt by our enemies and mistrusted by many of our allies.

Yet in some respects the greatest failure of the Obama years is in the area where many people thought he would excel. Mr. Obama made the centerpiece of his 2008 campaign a promise to end a politics that “breeds division and conflict and cynicism.” In February of that year, I praised him for “a message that, at its core, is about unity and hope rather than division and resentment.” Yet he leaves office with America more conflicted and cynical than when he took office. More than 70 percent of Americans say the country is either more divided or no more united than it was in 2009. Race relations are the worst in decades, and our nation is as polarized as it has been in the modern era.

It would be silly to lay all the blame for this at the feet of Mr. Obama. Republicans have been rhetorically reckless at times, and President-elect Donald Trump has coarsened public discourse and set Americans against one another in ways that were once unimaginable. But Mr. Obama came first, and he played a role in where we are.

In his farewell address last week, President Obama said that for the sake of our democracy we need to heed the advice of the fictional character Atticus Finch, who said, “You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.”

Yet Mr. Obama never seemed to consider things from a different point of view from his own. He has shown withering disdain for his opponents, constantly impugning their motives even as he testified to the purity of his own. It was his arrogance that proved to be Mr. Obama’s undoing. (Even leaders of his own party felt Mr. Obama’s derision, as if dealing with them was somehow beneath him.) Mr. Obama dismissed those who disagreed with him like a professor forced to deal with simple-minded, wayward students. He warned us against retreating into our bubbles, but he was never able to escape his own.

During the Obama presidency, many people felt unheard and alienated. They are the kind of Americans Mr. Obama had in mind in 2008 when he talked about “bitter” people clinging to their “guns or religion.”

Barack Obama is among the most talented campaigners we have ever seen. But as president, he failed in a manner and on a scale that damaged his party, undermined faith in the institutions of government and left the nation more riven than he found it. For most Americans, the economy has been listless. All this helped create the conditions that allowed a cynical demagogue to rise up and succeed him, one who will undo the achievements he most prizes.

In many ways Barack Obama and Donald Trump could not be more different. Mr. Obama is equable and graceful; Mr. Trump is erratic and graceless. Yet one cannot make sense of the incoming presidency without understanding the failures of the outgoing one.

(Peter Wehner, a senior fellow at the Ethics and Public Policy Center, served in the last three Republican administrations and is a contributing opinion writer.)

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/14/opinion/sunday/eight-was-enough.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur&referer=https%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2F

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Double barrows
Jan 15th 2017
Anyone who says "race relations are worse than they've been..."
Jan 15th 2017
Lmao
Jan 15th 2017
^
Jan 15th 2017
^^^Preech.
Jan 16th 2017
I kinda disagree with you.
Jan 16th 2017
u postin real caucasian right now
Jan 16th 2017
Mighty white of you.
Jan 16th 2017
that white defense shield is strong as fuck
Jan 16th 2017
whole lotta typin but aint said shit
Jan 16th 2017
it's not that they're not worse. it's the Obama's fault implication
Jan 16th 2017
I wasn't talking about the article or Obama
Jan 16th 2017
      fair enough but i assumed he was being specific to the article
Jan 16th 2017
           Hitokiri would have to clarify....
Jan 16th 2017
                but some stuff IS same shit different day; like folks telling us how we
Jan 17th 2017
The only way to improve something that is meant to divide people
Jan 18th 2017
you're right, but I'd add a caveat
Jan 16th 2017
      Yup
Jan 16th 2017
      So you've seen what I'm talking about right?
Jan 16th 2017
      this
Jan 17th 2017
      ^^^Grandwizard of Ku Klux Klan
Jan 17th 2017
      There's also the white folks that believed America was "post-racial"
Jan 18th 2017
'Peter Wehner, served in the last three Republican administrations'
Jan 15th 2017
Nuff Said
Jan 15th 2017
WPS
Jan 15th 2017
and there are people out there who don't believe in white backlash lol
Jan 15th 2017
8 years of muslim kenyan commie antichrist jade helm
Jan 15th 2017
LOL i forgot about the jade helm thing
Jan 17th 2017
      of course he did, same reason fortune tellers are still a thing
Jan 18th 2017
           hey, she said there was someone in my life with a M or N in her name
Jan 19th 2017
                lol!!
Jan 19th 2017
Repubicans' mood is like this right about now:
Jan 15th 2017
And they printed it. LOL.
Jan 15th 2017
this B.A.N. here talking about 'people who he disagreed with politically...
Jan 16th 2017
I agree. The Republicans never got over the fact that he mollywopped
Jan 16th 2017
talking about "injurious incompetence" coming out of the reagan and bush...
Jan 16th 2017
if this ain't some fuckery
Jan 16th 2017
New York Times getting their "gotta hear both sides" on here.
Jan 17th 2017
And yet he probably would have won a 3rd term
Jan 18th 2017
Title of the article is proof that the writer has nothing to say
Jan 18th 2017
the author is still using Dick Van Patton as a cultural reference point
Jan 18th 2017

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44616 posts
Sun Jan-15-17 02:43 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Double barrows "
In response to Reply # 0

Hitokiri
Charter member
22108 posts
Sun Jan-15-17 02:48 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Anyone who says "race relations are worse than they've been...""
In response to Reply # 0

is clearly clueless and white.

--

"You can't beat white people. You can only knock them out."

DavidHasselhoff
Charter member
11451 posts
Sun Jan-15-17 04:12 PM

5. "Lmao"
In response to Reply # 2

>is clearly clueless and white.

KingMonte
Member since Feb 13th 2006
4675 posts
Sun Jan-15-17 05:43 PM

9. "^"
In response to Reply # 2

Airbreed
Charter member
29434 posts
Mon Jan-16-17 08:58 AM

12. "^^^Preech. "
In response to Reply # 2

denny
Member since Apr 11th 2008
11281 posts
Mon Jan-16-17 09:31 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
13. "I kinda disagree with you."
In response to Reply # 2
Mon Jan-16-17 09:35 AM by denny

I hear this sentiment on this board alot and I'm just picking a random time to point something out.

I think I'm disagreeing with what the claim ('race relations have worsened') MEANS to different people moreso than anything else. My perception is that those who think race relations haven't worsened are usually coming from a minority perspective. And it would seem that you agree by pointing out 'you'd have to be white to think this'. Correct me if I'm wrong...but you agree that white people think that race relations have worsened right? If so, doesn't that perception white people are having determine the nature of the relations? Not sure if I'm being clear (or perhaps somewhat semantical)....but I don't think one side of a relationship can be 'wrong' about perceiving a change. The relations are based on perception...so I don't think one can be 'wrong' about perceiving a change. It's their change of perception that causes the change in relations.

A roundabout way for me to say that I think white people are becoming more radicalized (in a broad, general sense) by this alt-right/tea party/Trump stuff. And it's not just race....it also ties into sexism. I guess the way I see it....the backlash against feminism and race justice is part of the same package. Not contending it's 'new'....but I do sense that it's growing and becoming more and more emboldened. If true, that certainly constitutes a worsening in race relations doesn't it? Thoughts?

thegodcam
Member since Oct 22nd 2004
41497 posts
Mon Jan-16-17 10:17 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
14. "u postin real caucasian right now"
In response to Reply # 13

i will not let finite disappointment undermine infinite hope
- Cory Booker

Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes, and at the end the Germans always win
- Gary Lineker

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Mon Jan-16-17 10:25 AM

15. "Mighty white of you. "

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79607 posts
Mon Jan-16-17 11:21 AM

19. "that white defense shield is strong as fuck"

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Madvillain 626
Member since Apr 25th 2006
10018 posts
Mon Jan-16-17 12:18 PM

21. "whole lotta typin but aint said shit"

-------------------------------
If life is stupendous one cannot also demand that it should be easy. - Robert Musil

Mynoriti
Charter member
38818 posts
Mon Jan-16-17 02:03 PM

22. "it's not that they're not worse. it's the Obama's fault implication"

that people have issue with.

it's become conservative dogma over the last few years. Obama the divider in chief who puts us all into groups instead of bringing us together. Obama who makes everything about race all the time. These false narratives that if Obama would have just reached to people he disagrees with instead of demonizing them, we wouldn't be so polarized. Same people who have either never actually listened to what he had to say, or did but waited for Hannity and them to interpret the true dishonest, sinister intentions behind his words. It's generally the same people who think MLK only ever had one bar.

what's worse is this dude even seems to acknowledge some of that in his piece but follows it up with, yeah but not really.

denny
11281 posts
Mon Jan-16-17 04:36 PM

25. "I wasn't talking about the article or Obama"
In response to Reply # 22
Mon Jan-16-17 05:04 PM by denny

I was talking about the specific contention that race relations have worsened, which I believe they have/are and it's not limited to the US. I probably should have made that clearer. The phenomenon I'm talking about is just as relevant in Europe as NA and I certainly didn't mean to infer that it was a by-product of Obama's presidency.

Have to admit...at first I didn't understand how observing that a cultural shift that collectively aims at feminism, race justice and religious diversity was a product of a 'white defence shield' lol. Then I realized 'oh...he thinks I'm trying to support the article'.

In anycase....I strongly disagree with sentiment I see popping around that all this stuff is 'business as usual' which DOES also exist outside of an Obama-related context. To be clearer...there is a popular view popping up here and there that the alt-right/brietbart/Brexit/Trump stuff isn't a real cultural shift. That's what I'm disagreeing with.

Mynoriti
Charter member
38818 posts
Mon Jan-16-17 05:28 PM

26. "fair enough but i assumed he was being specific to the article"
In response to Reply # 25

pointing out that race relations are at their worst in decades. Because every time I hear people saying that in regards to Obama, it's feeding into the general line of thinking among conservatives that Obama not only failed at bringing us together, but he's largely the one at fault for driving a wedge between us

>In anycase....I strongly disagree with sentiment I see popping
>around that all this stuff is 'business as usual' which DOES
>also exist outside of an Obama-related context. To be
>clearer...there is a popular view popping up here and there
>that the alt-right/brietbart/Brexit/Trump stuff isn't a real
>cultural shift. That's what I'm disagreeing with.

I wouldn't call it business as usual, but I'm not sure i'd say what's going on now is a cultural shift either... i guess it depends on what you mean. I haven't seen anyone change how they already feel. Some may feel more emboldened now, but I haven't seen anyone who wasn't already kind of racist/sexist/homophobic suddenly become that. I've def seen more and more people fall for false narratives pushed by Breitbart/Trump, etc... and that actual facts don't seem to mean shit anymore, and people happy to live in their own reality (the left isn't immune to this either) and that absolutely scares me. Mainly because Trump is so gifted at this sort of thing.

denny
11281 posts
Mon Jan-16-17 08:08 PM

27. "Hitokiri would have to clarify...."
In response to Reply # 26
Mon Jan-16-17 08:18 PM by denny

But I don't think he's being specific to race relations as they pertain to Obama. I wish I could point out some examples....Dave Chappelle's bits in response to Trump would be one.....best way to sum it up is that they don't believe race relations have worsened. It's dressed up in different ways....but it tends to be an 'above-it-all' attitude. A 'same shit different day' type thing. And it usually attempts to characterize white people as being 'clueless' which is why I figured that was what Hitokiri was echoing.

There's a logical inconsistency in most people who espouse it. If one believes that racial relations haven't worsened than one would therefor also believe that there is no 'white backlash'. (being that a 'backlash' of any sort indicates a change) So when you flush out someone's views....it usually becomes apparent that saying 'only white people think race relations have changed' is basically a cheap-shot directed at white liberalism. It's also ridiculous to imply that POC are in agreement that race relations haven't worsened.

nonaime
Charter member
3117 posts
Tue Jan-17-17 10:00 PM

33. "but some stuff IS same shit different day; like folks telling us how we "
In response to Reply # 27
Tue Jan-17-17 10:06 PM by nonaime

should perceive how we're being treated in this country.

> If one believes that racial relations haven't worsened than
>one would therefor also believe that there is no 'white
>backlash'. (being that a 'backlash' of any sort indicates a
>change)

I really don't know how you come to this conclusion. A backlash doesn't speak to some recent worsening of race relations. All you need are bad race relations, not worsening, and a charlatan to stoke racial fears.

~~~~~~~~
A bad Samaritan averaging above average men (c) DOOM

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Wed Jan-18-17 10:50 AM

36. "The only way to improve something that is meant to divide people "

is to make it better at dividing people. Race relations are meant to divide period.

To make race relations worse (which is actually the improvement) is to get rid of racial thinking

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Mon Jan-16-17 10:59 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
17. "you're right, but I'd add a caveat"
In response to Reply # 2

people who say that and solely blame Obama for that being the case on the idea that he went to the podium and decreed all white people as deplorable and undeserving, are clueless and white.

people who say that and see the reaction to Obama (symbolic), the rising amount of racial antagonism, police brutality, etc. are living in reality.

Yes, I'm mad. Let's move on.

Jays | Cavs | Eagles | Sabres | Tarheels

PSN: Dr_Claw_77 | XBL: Dr Claw 077 | FB: drclaw077 | T: @drclaw77 | http://thepeoplesvault.wordpress.com

Mynoriti
Charter member
38818 posts
Mon Jan-16-17 02:06 PM

23. "Yup"
In response to Reply # 17

>people who say that and solely blame Obama for that being the
>case on the idea that he went to the podium and decreed all
>white people as deplorable and undeserving, are clueless and
>white.
>
>people who say that and see the reaction to Obama (symbolic),
>the rising amount of racial antagonism, police brutality, etc.
>are living in reality.
>
>

denny
11281 posts
Mon Jan-16-17 08:42 PM

28. "So you've seen what I'm talking about right?"

The view that 'only white people think race relations have worsened' (without any caveats). It's typically held by lazy, anti-intellectuals who seek viewpoints that are above-it-all without having to actually read or research what's going on. Like the 'They ALL lie' crowd.

gumz
Member since Jan 09th 2005
20118 posts
Tue Jan-17-17 11:42 AM

29. "this"

>white.
>
>are living in reality.
>
>

http://www.youtube.com/user/gumzization
twitter: @BrosefMalone

denny
11281 posts
Tue Jan-17-17 01:26 PM

31. "^^^Grandwizard of Ku Klux Klan"
In response to Reply # 29

lol just kidding.

Cocobrotha2
Charter member
10884 posts
Wed Jan-18-17 09:56 AM

35. "There's also the white folks that believed America was "post-racial""

>white.
>
>are living in reality.
>

i think many white people overestimate race relations (while many blacks underestimate as well). But with Obama, you had the President of the United States occasionally validating a much more negative perception of racial relations in this country than many white people had. So a lot of folks make it seem like he is MAKING relations worse when he's really just making them aware that it's not as good as they thought.

<-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->
<-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->

rdhull
Charter member
33137 posts
Sun Jan-15-17 02:57 PM

3. "'Peter Wehner, served in the last three Republican administrations'"
In response to Reply # 0

lol

RexLongfellow
Charter member
18296 posts
Sun Jan-15-17 05:11 PM

7. "Nuff Said"
In response to Reply # 3

It's hilarious that they blame the racial divide on Obama and not themselves

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79607 posts
Sun Jan-15-17 03:39 PM

4. "WPS"
In response to Reply # 0

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

rob
Charter member
23210 posts
Sun Jan-15-17 04:18 PM

6. "and there are people out there who don't believe in white backlash lol"
In response to Reply # 0

what the fuck is this shit?

GriftyMcgrift
Member since May 22nd 2002
20414 posts
Sun Jan-15-17 05:13 PM

8. "8 years of muslim kenyan commie antichrist jade helm"
In response to Reply # 0

and its OBAMA that "divided" the country

GTFO

Mynoriti
Charter member
38818 posts
Tue Jan-17-17 05:13 PM

32. "LOL i forgot about the jade helm thing"
In response to Reply # 8

Alex Jones says it didn't happen because they exposed it and the Govt was forced to back down lol

GriftyMcgrift
20414 posts
Wed Jan-18-17 03:06 PM

39. "of course he did, same reason fortune tellers are still a thing"
In response to Reply # 32

Mynoriti
Charter member
38818 posts
Thu Jan-19-17 04:13 PM

40. "hey, she said there was someone in my life with a M or N in her name"
In response to Reply # 39

and there was!

GriftyMcgrift
20414 posts
Thu Jan-19-17 04:16 PM

41. "lol!!"
In response to Reply # 40

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13575 posts
Sun Jan-15-17 08:24 PM

10. "Repubicans' mood is like this right about now:"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun Jan-15-17 08:24 PM by flipnile

https://media.giphy.com/media/26uf7RkSSf1fMH01W/giphy.gif

Castro
Charter member
50750 posts
Sun Jan-15-17 09:27 PM

11. "And they printed it. LOL. "
In response to Reply # 0

Imagine if some no name lieutenant of David Dinkins wrote some shit like this about Bloomberg and submitted it.

------------------
One Hundred.

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Mon Jan-16-17 10:57 AM

16. "this B.A.N. here talking about 'people who he disagreed with politically..."
In response to Reply # 0

then goes on to talk about that "guns and religion" bullshit, i.e. "you shouldn't have called them deplorable 2K8"

Peter, please.

Obama has been the most sympathetic to the needs of the white working class Pete tries to point out in this article more than any other president not named Carter or FDR. that "guns and religion" comment was one of the few times Obama spoke truth and had to walk it back because of white fragility, not unlike Hillary's "deplorables" comment.

if you had made the argument that Obama wasn't listening to the progressives who wanted less war, a stronger social safety net, the strengthening of civil liberties, etc. or black people who wanted the same sort of rhetorical, open advocacy that other groups got in public ... then you'd have a point.

but nope, you took it back to the "Obama is a poopyhead because he talked bad about guns and religion" bullshit...

FAYBAN

Yes, I'm mad. Let's move on.

Jays | Cavs | Eagles | Sabres | Tarheels

PSN: Dr_Claw_77 | XBL: Dr Claw 077 | FB: drclaw077 | T: @drclaw77 | http://thepeoplesvault.wordpress.com

stattic
Charter member
29791 posts
Mon Jan-16-17 11:08 AM

18. "I agree. The Republicans never got over the fact that he mollywopped"
In response to Reply # 16

them twice, and this quote from Peter is disingenuous, "(e)ven if you believe there are elements of truth in these explanations, they still amount to excuses." If an explanation is true, it is not an excuse. Plus, Peter's criticisms are without merit; the economy and Obamacare are two successes of him administration, not failures. Republicans were reckless well before Obama, so you cannot blame him for Trump and Hillary's loss. Even as a less than perfect candidate, and factoring sexism, she still won the popular vote by a sizeable margin. Her loss is not Obama's, but I do believe that there is a legitimate criticism from the Sanders wing of the party which you articulated well. Other than that, I don't buy anything this article is selling.

rob
Charter member
23210 posts
Mon Jan-16-17 12:03 PM

20. "talking about "injurious incompetence" coming out of the reagan and bush..."
In response to Reply # 16

PROMO
Charter member
30972 posts
Mon Jan-16-17 02:14 PM

24. "if this ain't some fuckery"
In response to Reply # 0

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Tue Jan-17-17 11:59 AM

30. "New York Times getting their "gotta hear both sides" on here."
In response to Reply # 0

I read the first two paragraphs and was out.

I don't have to hear their side, we're now gonna be living in its illogical, hateful wake.

Congrats, AmeriKKKa.

You "won".

https://soundcloud.com/matt-koelling-666011203

www.somethinginthewudder.com

https://twitter.com/nostrabombus

https://www.facebook.com/matt.koelling.96

https://www.instagram.com/something_in_the_wudder/

https://www.linkedin.com/in/matt-koelling-438a80

wluv
Member since Jan 27th 2003
4362 posts
Wed Jan-18-17 08:00 AM

34. "And yet he probably would have won a 3rd term"
In response to Reply # 0

if it was possible.

These closet racists cant control their anger over a successful and popular black president.

Sounds like a personal problem.

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Wed Jan-18-17 10:52 AM

37. "Title of the article is proof that the writer has nothing to say "
In response to Reply # 0

It's like saying 4 years of Highschool is enough!

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Wed Jan-18-17 11:53 AM

38. "the author is still using Dick Van Patton as a cultural reference point"
In response to Reply # 37
Wed Jan-18-17 11:54 AM by Bombastic

That should tell us all we need to know.

https://soundcloud.com/matt-koelling-666011203

www.somethinginthewudder.com

https://twitter.com/nostrabombus

https://www.facebook.com/matt.koelling.96

https://www.instagram.com/something_in_the_wudder/

https://www.linkedin.com/in/matt-koelling-438a80

Lobby General Discussion topic #13114770 Previous topic | Next topic