Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13111368

Subject: "LIRR OKP riders. You okay? **link**" Previous topic | Next topic
Airbreed
Charter member
29434 posts
Wed Jan-04-17 02:51 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"LIRR OKP riders. You okay? **link**"

This was my normal train from this morning. Fortunately I caught an earlier one. Hopefully everyone is okay.

DOWNTOWN BROOKLYN, New York (WABC) -- http://abc7ny.com/news/more-than-100-injured-in-lirr-train-crash-at-atlantic-terminal/1685598/

A Far Rockaway-based Long Island Rail Road train crashed Wednesday morning at Atlantic Terminal in Downtown Brooklyn, leaving more than 100 people injured.

According to the New York City Fire Department, of the 103 people with reported injuries, none of them has life threatening wounds.

Eleven had to be removed by stretcher and the worst injury was a broken leg. Patients were triaged and characterized as "walking wounded," said the New York City Office of Emergency Management.

The train struck and went over the bumping block at the end of Track 6, then "went by it for a few feet," said New York Gov. Andrew Gov Cuomo at a news conference. "This was minor compared to Hoboken."

Sources told Eyewitness News that preliminary information is that the train was going too fast as it entered the station.

According to FDNY Deputy Assistant Chief Daniel Donoghue, "one of the rails actually pierced the bottom of the train." He added, "We are fortunate we didn't have more serious injuries."

The train came to rest against a small room at the end of the track. "It actually hit that wall pretty hard," Donoghue said. "That room sustained quite a bit of damage."

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Any OKPs live on Long Island?
Jan 04th 2017
a few...
Jan 04th 2017
Thanks for the heads up
Jan 04th 2017

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13573 posts
Wed Jan-04-17 03:01 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Any OKPs live on Long Island?"
In response to Reply # 0

Not counting BK and QU, of course. Just seems like a place most OKPs would run from because it's not cool enough (myself included. The few times I've been I've been really bored).

CyrenYoung
Charter member
34204 posts
Wed Jan-04-17 03:28 PM

3. "a few..."
In response to Reply # 1

..fortunately, most of them have checked in safely.

*skatin' the rings of saturn*

..and miles to go before i sleep...

13Rose
Charter member
19379 posts
Wed Jan-04-17 03:05 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "Thanks for the heads up"
In response to Reply # 0

I didn't know about this at all. Crazy.

This post was paid for by the following.

www.twitter.com/13Rose
www.debunkthemyth.org
http://dashaunworld.wordpress.com/
www.mothergreen.com

Remember MJ The Great!
PSN: ThirteenRose

Lobby General Discussion topic #13111368 Previous topic | Next topic