Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13104324

Subject: "The KKK doesnt stand for white supremacy." Previous topic | Next topic
atruhead
Charter member
85230 posts
Sat Dec-10-16 11:41 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"The KKK doesnt stand for white supremacy."

https://apnews.com/b0256e138327481ebcba6e23e2d03957

PELHAM, N.C. (AP) — White supremacy is a label that's too hot to handle even for groups like the Ku Klux Klan.

Standing on a muddy dirt road in the dead of night near the North Carolina-Virginia border, masked Ku Klux Klan members claimed Donald Trump's election as president proves whites are taking back America from blacks, immigrants, Jews and other groups they describe as criminals and freeloaders. America was founded by and for whites, they say, and only whites can run a peaceful, productive society.

But still, the KKK members insisted in an interview with The Associated Press, they're not white supremacists, a label that is gaining traction in the country since Trump won with the public backing of the Klan, neo-Nazis and other white racists.

"We're not white supremacists. We believe in our race," said a man with a Midwestern accent and glasses just hours before a pro-Trump Klan parade in a nearby town. He, like three Klan compatriots, wore a robe and pointed hood and wouldn't give his full name, in accordance with Klan rules.

Claiming the Klan isn't white supremacist flies in the face of its very nature. The Klan's official rulebook, the Kloran — published in 1915 and still followed by many groups — says the organization "shall ever be true in the faithful maintenance of White Supremacy," even capitalizing the term for emphasis. Watchdog groups also consider the Klan a white supremacist organization, and experts say the groups' denials are probably linked to efforts to make their racism more palatable.

Still, KKK groups today typically renounce the term. The same goes for extremists including members of the self-proclaimed "alt-right," an extreme branch of conservatism mixing racism, white nationalism and populism.

"We are white separatists, just as Yahweh in the Bible told us to be. Separate yourself from other nations. Do not intermix and mongrelize your seed," said one of the Klansmen who spoke along the muddy lane.

The Associated Press interviewed the men, who claimed membership in the Loyal White Knights of the KKK, in a nighttime session set up with help of Chris Barker, a KKK leader who confirmed details of the group's "Trump victory celebration" in advance of the event. As many as 30 cars paraded through the town of Roxboro, North Carolina, some bearing Confederate and KKK flags.

Barker didn't participate, though: He and a Klan leader from California were arrested hours earlier on charges linked to the stabbing of a third KKK member during a fight, sheriff's officials said. Both men were jailed; the injured man was recovering.

Like the KKK members, Don Black said he doesn't care to be called a white supremacist, either. Black — who operates stormfront.org, a white extremist favorite website, from his Florida home — he prefers "white nationalist."

"White supremacy is a legitimate term, though not usually applicable as used by the media. I think it's popular as a term of derision because of the implied unfairness, and, like 'racism,' it's got that 'hiss' (and, like 'hate' and 'racism,' frequently 'spewed' in headlines)," Black said in an email interview.

The Southern Poverty Law Center and the Anti-Defamation League, which monitor white extremist organizations and are tracking an increase in reports of racist incidents since the election, often use the "white supremacist" label when describing groups like the Klan; white nationalism and white separatism are parts of the ideology. But what exactly is involved?

The ADL issued a report last year describing white supremacists as "ideologically motivated by a series of racist beliefs, including the notion that whites should be dominant over people of other backgrounds, that whites should live by themselves in a whites-only society, and that white people have their own culture and are genetically superior to other cultures."

That sounds a lot like some of the ideas espoused by today's white radicals, yet they reject the label. That's likely because they learned the lessons of one-time Klan leader David Duke, who unsuccessfully ran for the U.S. Senate in Louisiana this year, said Penn State University associate professor Josh Inwood.

"(There was) this peddling of kinder, softer white supremacy. He tried to pioneer a more respectable vision of the Klan," Inwood said.

Extremist expert Sophie Bjork-James, a scholar at Vanderbilt University, prefers the term "racist right" to describe today's white supremacists.

"They are not simply conservative or alt-right, but actually espousing racist ideas and racist goals," she said. "They won't agree with this label, but I think it is important to be clear about what they represent and what their goals are."

Whatever you call them, the muddy-road Klansmen said their beliefs have gained a foothold. The popularity of Trump's proposal to build a wall on the Mexican border — an idea long espoused by the Klan — is part of the proof, they said.

"White Americans are finally, most of them, opening their eyes and coming around and seeing what is happening," said a man in a satiny green Klan robe.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
That's highly disturbing.
Dec 10th 2016
Man... all these new terms for old shit is disturbing
Dec 10th 2016
      Also KKK been saying white separatists in public for like 20 years.
Dec 10th 2016
      and been fighting and stabbing each other since it's inception.
Dec 10th 2016
           ya they been trying to pull the public image revamp since the 90's
Dec 10th 2016
      The KKK endorses the president.
Dec 10th 2016
           I don't know... I bet if we look we could find some endorsements
Dec 10th 2016
           smh
Dec 10th 2016
                Well I said it was a rant...lol
Dec 10th 2016
                     Let me get this straight.....
Dec 10th 2016
                          I think what he's saying, and I may be wrong, is that
Dec 10th 2016
                          Exactly
Dec 11th 2016
                          I already pointed out....
Dec 12th 2016
                               i'm sure they have endorsed other presidents/candidates too.
Dec 12th 2016
                                    How long ago we talking about?
Dec 12th 2016
                          Its a waste of time
Dec 11th 2016
           The KKK and White Supremacy never sleep
Dec 12th 2016
Racism getting a lot of press these days
Dec 10th 2016
Race sells. When did it not get attention?
Dec 12th 2016
I am not reading all of that, lol
Dec 10th 2016
Can I just share this? I have to share this video here. SO GOOD.
Dec 10th 2016
Is there a full length version?
Dec 10th 2016
went into a youtube rabbit hole
Dec 10th 2016
" the Kloran"
Dec 12th 2016
IKR?
Dec 12th 2016
I was done at the "Kloran"
Dec 12th 2016
took this many posts to clown this?!?!?
Dec 12th 2016
Wait guys, lets hear them out 1st & send em cupcakes afterwards, okay?
Dec 12th 2016
Don BLACK hates Black folk? LMAO
Dec 12th 2016
inbred idiots
Dec 12th 2016
YKK doesn't stand for zippers
Dec 12th 2016
BK doesn't stand for Brooklyn
Dec 12th 2016
AK doesn't stand for Automatic Kalashnikov
Dec 12th 2016
Just like the the devil to give truth and a lie
Dec 12th 2016
RE: Just like the the devil to give truth and a lie
Dec 12th 2016

denny
Member since Apr 11th 2008
11281 posts
Sat Dec-10-16 12:30 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "That's highly disturbing."
In response to Reply # 0

This is called normalization and the fact that Klan members are willing to take a step towards more moderate/mainstream appeal just shows how fucked up the current climate is.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79621 posts
Sat Dec-10-16 12:56 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Man... all these new terms for old shit is disturbing"
In response to Reply # 1

His isn't normalization. It's the winning side taking a victory lap.

This isn't new. The KKK has been marching and holding these type of events in small towns and in DC damn near every year.

The news reports in it too... we just ignored it.

Since Trump won the media keeps playing us with these little stories and we react like it's new shit.

After Obama won FoxNews had white people scared of the New Black Panther party.

it's always been normal for the KKK to act like they aren't some racist ass crackas

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Sat Dec-10-16 01:25 PM

3. "Also KKK been saying white separatists in public for like 20 years. "
In response to Reply # 2

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

legsdiamond
79621 posts
Sat Dec-10-16 01:42 PM

5. "and been fighting and stabbing each other since it's inception. "
In response to Reply # 3

2 of them were arrested for stabbing a 3rd member the night before. Typical KKK white trash.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

GriftyMcgrift
Member since May 22nd 2002
20414 posts
Sat Dec-10-16 02:47 PM

6. "ya they been trying to pull the public image revamp since the 90's"
In response to Reply # 5

shit aint working WE SEE YOU IDIOTS OUT THERE

denny
11281 posts
Sat Dec-10-16 03:38 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
8. "The KKK endorses the president."
In response to Reply # 2
Sat Dec-10-16 03:53 PM by denny

And several members of his cabinet. When's the last time that was the case? Did the KKK endorse Romney or Mccain or the Bushes? Maybe I'm mistaken but that seems new to me. And befitting of the term 'normalization'.

legsdiamond
79621 posts
Sat Dec-10-16 04:14 PM

10. "I don't know... I bet if we look we could find some endorsements"
In response to Reply # 8
Sat Dec-10-16 04:16 PM by legsdiamond

but we didn't really care because it was the KKK

This time around Trump played the media by talking crazy in the primaries to separate himself from the pack. He knew after 8 years of Obama he could tap into that anger.

Since then tho... the media has played along because it gets ratings. I really think Dems and voters got so wrapped under in the small racist group within the GOP they lost focus of their own agenda.

It's America. We have always had racism in the US. It isn't new but I guess after years of abortion and gay marriage being the hot topic it was time for racism to get some shine.

Maybe that's what this normalization is but I think it's just the media coming up with new catch phrases and repackaging old shit in a cool new name.

Whitelash
Alt Right
Normalization
Misogyny
Patriarchy

Sweet baby Jesus wtf is really going on right now with the Dems and the left? So busy trying to sound cool using these words instead of working on finding ways to win. It's like an Ex spending all day talking about their old flame and how they treated them like shit.

Go out and get some new ass and get back in the game. Stop reacting and get proactive instead of sitting around the coffee table complaining about Bubba and Mary Joe in bumblefuck, NC.

I'm ranting but shit man... I'm seeing a pattern and I don't like it.

denny
11281 posts
Sat Dec-10-16 05:01 PM

11. "smh"
In response to Reply # 10
Sat Dec-10-16 05:05 PM by denny

That IS a rant. So you have a problem with the word normalization because of a bunch of anti-intellectual gobbley-gook.

The point is....the KKK is less fringe and more mainstream now than they were a year ago. Is that better? lol It's not like I'm using 10 dollar words needlessly and without tangible meaning. Don't do me like that.

legsdiamond
79621 posts
Sat Dec-10-16 05:34 PM

12. "Well I said it was a rant...lol"
In response to Reply # 11

but my frustration isnt towards the KKK. Thats a waste of time.

My frustrstion is with the hip buzz words being used during and after this election. It feels like the talking heads at the networks got together and came up with a few buzzwords and rebranded some old shit.

Ionno... I have lived in America for 40+ years and the KKK has always had a place in this country. Maybe its scary to white folk who thought we were past that but its only been 50 years since they hosed us and killed us for wanting equality.

We are spending too much time talking about the KKK and the bigots. Its a waste of time.

denny
11281 posts
Sat Dec-10-16 05:53 PM

15. "Let me get this straight....."
In response to Reply # 12
Sat Dec-10-16 05:56 PM by denny

Writing, reading, reporting and talking about the KKK gaining a stronger foothold in American culture and politics is a waste of time. We should instead focus our efforts on the prevalence of buzzwords?

KiloMcG
Member since Jan 01st 2008
27561 posts
Sat Dec-10-16 09:22 PM

16. "I think what he's saying, and I may be wrong, is that "
In response to Reply # 15

the kkk doesn't really have a stronger foothold in society, it's always been pretty strong. It's gettin spin in the news right now so it just seems like it's getting stronger.

legsdiamond
79621 posts
Sun Dec-11-16 08:35 AM

17. "Exactly"
In response to Reply # 16

denny
11281 posts
Mon Dec-12-16 02:43 PM

32. "I already pointed out...."
In response to Reply # 16

The KKK endorses the new president and several members of his cabinet. That should be a sign that they are becoming less fringe, more mainstream and thereby normalized.

KiloMcG
Member since Jan 01st 2008
27561 posts
Mon Dec-12-16 04:31 PM

33. "i'm sure they have endorsed other presidents/candidates too."
In response to Reply # 32

we just didn't hear as much about it because the news wasn't feelin' it like that at the time.

denny
11281 posts
Mon Dec-12-16 08:06 PM

35. "How long ago we talking about?"
In response to Reply # 33
Mon Dec-12-16 08:11 PM by denny

I'm not an expert on who the KKK likes. But I don't think they openly endorsed Reagan, the Bushes, Mccain, Romney, Dole, etc.

And your observation that they are getting more media coverage....isn't that the proof in the pudding? The contention is that they are gaining a stronger foothold in culture and politics....so saying 'no that's just the media' is proof that they are gaining a stronger foothold in the culture.

This is a characterization...but I think there's a certain segment of the population who've responded to the Trump election with an attempt to be 'above it all'. Dave Chappelle used this as a common theme in his SNL skits. 'Well America was ALWAYS racist'. I think that's a denial of what's happening. I mean....Europe was ALWAYS anti-sematic before the Third Reich too. The problem is that facism gives racism more power. Our institutions are what keeps racism contained. When those institutions are attacked then the stakes get higher.

I don't buy this 'It couldn't possibly get worse for POC'. Yes it certainly can.

legsdiamond
79621 posts
Sun Dec-11-16 01:30 PM

18. "Its a waste of time"
In response to Reply # 15

KKK isnt growing but since we react to polarizing clips they throw out red meat for us to chew on.

CNN and MSNBC are using the Fox News playbook after losing an election.

only difference is Fox News doesnt use cool buzz words. They say stuff like libtards, lame stream media, etc.

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Mon Dec-12-16 02:12 PM

30. "The KKK and White Supremacy never sleep"
In response to Reply # 8

They will be behind anything that empowers whites, restricts blacks, or both.

The Klan is also not just those guys in sheets. That's what you would want people to think. A bunch of rubes in sheets, no I reckon there are plenty of high ranking members in suits and uniforms.

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85077 posts
Sat Dec-10-16 01:37 PM

4. "Racism getting a lot of press these days"
In response to Reply # 0

<--- Big Baller World Order

Atillah Moor
13825 posts
Mon Dec-12-16 02:06 PM

29. "Race sells. When did it not get attention? "
In response to Reply # 4

willothewisp
Member since Feb 07th 2003
1089 posts
Sat Dec-10-16 03:17 PM

7. "I am not reading all of that, lol"
In response to Reply # 0

but yes, the same has happened with an extreme right party in my country... must be hard, not gaining power after all these years of campaigning.

double negative
Member since Dec 14th 2007
22151 posts
Sat Dec-10-16 04:09 PM

9. "Can I just share this? I have to share this video here. SO GOOD. "
In response to Reply # 0

https://youtu.be/jiTXnKEyecg?t=2m4s

https://soundcloud.com/swageyph/yph-die-with-me

legsdiamond
79621 posts
Sat Dec-10-16 05:49 PM

13. "Is there a full length version?"
In response to Reply # 9

I feel like anytime one of those guys start opening up they realize how foolish they sound.

I watched a special on CP Ellis and Anne Atwater who got together for the Durham School board in 1971. Ellis was a Klan leader and after the 10 day summit he walked away from the Klan.

Dude was shunned by all his friends and most of the white people in his town. To this day he still doesnt have any friends in his town and he said... fuck em.

Madvillain 626
Member since Apr 25th 2006
10018 posts
Sat Dec-10-16 05:52 PM

14. "went into a youtube rabbit hole"
In response to Reply # 9

found a video of a group of black HS students confronting a white peer for posting a wild white trash post on IG.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AY5dQSMkys

starting looking at comments to see the fucker
one white chode posted "i honestly hate black people"
got into it with a black girl by the name of Jordantastemysugarr and got roasted
"No you look like a raw uncooked chicken and smell like cow shit and wet dog with lips as thin as your hair. You look more like a monkey than anything. Black people are stronger physically and mentally then any white person our organs are scientifically proven to be better. Our skin has a natural skin protection in it when yours don't. So if you say you don't look burnt is really unfortunate because while your at the hospital near death because skin cancer is eating you alive we will be at the best beach having a blast. Being white is an disadvantage at LIFE period 😂😂😂 Now the joke is on you. How about groom your people to stop reproducing sucking up all our tax money to feed these pale face demons we are sick of it with y'all lazy ass."

bruh, lmao

-------------------------------
If life is stupendous one cannot also demand that it should be easy. - Robert Musil

ShinobiShaw
Charter member
48550 posts
Mon Dec-12-16 11:06 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
19. "" the Kloran" "
In response to Reply # 0

Lol jeezus

http://soundcloud.com/djshinobishaw
http://www.rareformnyc.com
http://twitter.com/DJShinobiShaw
https://twitter.com/RareFormNYC
PSN: ShinobiShaw

"Arm Leg Leg Arm How you doin?" (c)T510

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Mon Dec-12-16 11:18 AM

21. "IKR?"
In response to Reply # 19

IG: amadu_me

"...Whateva, man..." (c) Redman

sectachrome86
Member since Dec 22nd 2007
2729 posts
Mon Dec-12-16 11:39 AM

23. "I was done at the "Kloran""

Me reading this article https://media.giphy.com/media/EZhKdQ6wB7cxW/giphy.gif

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.soundcloud.com/sectachrome

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49426 posts
Mon Dec-12-16 02:19 PM

31. "took this many posts to clown this?!?!?"

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

mtbatol
Member since May 22nd 2002
19788 posts
Mon Dec-12-16 11:15 AM

20. "Wait guys, lets hear them out 1st & send em cupcakes afterwards, okay?"
In response to Reply # 0

#GottaHearBothSides #AllSidesMatter #CupcakesWillMakeThemLoveUs

legsdiamond
79621 posts
Mon Dec-12-16 11:27 AM

22. "Don BLACK hates Black folk? LMAO"
In response to Reply # 0

Effa
Charter member
29371 posts
Mon Dec-12-16 11:59 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
24. "inbred idiots"
In response to Reply # 0

BigJazz
Charter member
24443 posts
Mon Dec-12-16 12:03 PM

25. "YKK doesn't stand for zippers"
In response to Reply # 0

I ain't lyin. This shit i'm making up is true...

BigJazz
Charter member
24443 posts
Mon Dec-12-16 12:04 PM

26. "BK doesn't stand for Brooklyn"
In response to Reply # 0

BigJazz
Charter member
24443 posts
Mon Dec-12-16 12:05 PM

27. "AK doesn't stand for Automatic Kalashnikov "
In response to Reply # 0

Atillah Moor
13825 posts
Mon Dec-12-16 02:03 PM

28. "Just like the the devil to give truth and a lie"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Dec-12-16 02:05 PM by Atillah Moor

America was founded by and for whites - True

and only whites can run a peaceful, productive society - False

Sadly, most whites think this way. Whether they admit it or not.

Shaun Tha Don
Member since Nov 19th 2005
18289 posts
Mon Dec-12-16 05:11 PM

34. "RE: Just like the the devil to give truth and a lie"
In response to Reply # 28

>America was founded by and for whites - True
>
>and only whites can run a peaceful, productive society -
>False

Only because South Korea, Japan, Singapore and to an extent, China are around.

>
>Sadly, most whites think this way. Whether they admit it or
>not.

Even more sadly, most non-Whites think this way which is why by the multitudes they're willing to risk their own and their own families' lives to move in.

Rest In Peace, Bad News Brown

Lobby General Discussion topic #13104324 Previous topic | Next topic