Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13103007

Subject: "Anyone watch the show "Payday" on Viceland?" Previous topic | Next topic
Dstl1
Charter member
56229 posts
Wed Dec-07-16 11:59 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Anyone watch the show "Payday" on Viceland?"

I just got on to it...seeing the ads while watching Desus and Mero. Looks like I missed a couple. Comes on Friday night and it's an hour. They basically pick a city and follow around 4 twenty-somethings to see how they make money. I've seen Memphis, Salt Lake City and most recently Baltimore. Took me almost half the Baltimore ep to realize dude riding the dirt bike was the dude in Ambient's avatar. Show is good as fuck. It kinda amazed me how much money some folk live on.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Hadn't heard of it. Def gonna check it out now because of...
Dec 07th 2016
nope..sounds good
Dec 07th 2016
no but i want to
Dec 07th 2016
Yep...don't believe the story abt the yt dude and that center tho
Dec 07th 2016
wait...Yooooooooo!!! I hoped you would reply....
Dec 07th 2016
      Yup...i think even at the end it has a disclaimer that he is no longer
Dec 07th 2016
           I was impressed as shit...
Dec 07th 2016
                In his speech, you could hear he's no dummy. His girl though...
Dec 16th 2016
                     lol..right...all she wanted to do was spend cash
Dec 16th 2016
                          Run up to the True Religion store, cop a new pair of Uggs, and
Dec 16th 2016
Memphis was good. I had no idea that city was so hood.
Dec 07th 2016
The dude who is doing tax prep and car sales is...
Dec 16th 2016
      dude was HUSTLING HARD....
Dec 16th 2016
           Damned sure was!
Dec 16th 2016
           I liked, too, that his lady was right there with him...
Dec 16th 2016
                Yeah that shit made my heart smile
Dec 26th 2016
           Black Youngsta, he really bothered me
Dec 26th 2016
dang...Houston episode was great
Dec 14th 2016
Didn't Know About It At All
Dec 18th 2016
watched the Nevada one on youtube. no access online.
Dec 19th 2016
watched the first two eps, they didn't talk about money enough
Dec 19th 2016
You want it to be more about people's budgets, specifically?...
Dec 24th 2016
Oakland ep was meh.
Dec 23rd 2016
Agreed...
Dec 28th 2016

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Wed Dec-07-16 12:15 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Hadn't heard of it. Def gonna check it out now because of..."
In response to Reply # 0

the premise.

Reading about this made me think of "Made In America" which used to come on HBO.

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Wed Dec-07-16 12:21 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "nope..sounds good "
In response to Reply # 0

I will. As it will give me something to watch. I rarely watch tv. I said to it yesterday, "I don't even know why I bought you"

makaveli
Charter member
16303 posts
Wed Dec-07-16 01:00 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "no but i want to"
In response to Reply # 0

I could watch vice all day except for the repeats.

“So back we go to these questions — friendship, character… ethics.”

ambient1
Member since May 23rd 2007
41077 posts
Wed Dec-07-16 04:13 PM

4. "Yep...don't believe the story abt the yt dude and that center tho"
In response to Reply # 0

he basically stole the $

and yeah...that's Chino on the bikes...lil young dude
his brother got killed this summer

=======================================
Coolin...

Dstl1
Charter member
56229 posts
Wed Dec-07-16 04:21 PM

5. "wait...Yooooooooo!!! I hoped you would reply...."
In response to Reply # 4

dude is some shit? (YT dude?)
Is it just hatred for Chino and his fam? He got popped in the helmet and survived. Dude is WAAAAAAAAY more level-headed at 19 than I was.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

ambient1
Member since May 23rd 2007
41077 posts
Wed Dec-07-16 04:32 PM

6. "Yup...i think even at the end it has a disclaimer that he is no longer"
In response to Reply # 5
Wed Dec-07-16 04:37 PM by ambient1

with the center...apparently he ran off on the flash and stole the $$

Is it just hatred for Chino and his fam? moreso hatred cuz they getting $$...Crabs in a barrel...and there has a LOT of dumb shit been goin down b4 the riots but been amplified since...it's a free for all out there an niggas getting killed just for existing...not even getting robbed.... but yeah...Chino's brother was a manager of a local rapper who also got killed this summer...it was kinda a big deal since all 3 got popped...and Chino is one of the 'good' kids and wasn't out there like that

Dude is WAAAAAAAAY more level-headed at 19 than I was. -- Niggas think I be joking when I say we grow up early round here...by the time u 12 you pretty much a grown ass man with grown ass man problems

=======================================
Coolin...

Dstl1
Charter member
56229 posts
Wed Dec-07-16 04:35 PM

8. "I was impressed as shit..."
In response to Reply # 6

dude was like..."I'm trying to move my whole family...everybody who make my life go day to day...outta Baltimore in the next couple years". That's dope.

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Fri Dec-16-16 01:00 PM

11. "In his speech, you could hear he's no dummy. His girl though..."
In response to Reply # 8

>RE: I was impressed as shit...
>dude was like..."I'm trying to move my whole
>family...everybody who make my life go day to day...outta
>Baltimore in the next couple years". That's dope.

Her ass would have had to kick rocks when she said that she tryna spend it all because tomorrow ain't promised. My lady looked at me and said the same thing about the lil chic having to be dismissed as a result.

Dstl1
Charter member
56229 posts
Fri Dec-16-16 01:41 PM

13. "lol..right...all she wanted to do was spend cash"
In response to Reply # 11

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Fri Dec-16-16 02:53 PM

15. "Run up to the True Religion store, cop a new pair of Uggs, and"
In response to Reply # 13

then take her ass to the same block she grew up on. All that just to stunt on IG or Spap. SMDH

Whereas he was looking grind and stack so that they could outta pocket and move his close ones up outta there.

after midnight
Member since Jul 04th 2007
1208 posts
Wed Dec-07-16 04:33 PM

7. "Memphis was good. I had no idea that city was so hood."
In response to Reply # 0

I hope they do one in Philadelphia, Boston, and the town; Oakland.

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Fri Dec-16-16 12:58 PM

10. "The dude who is doing tax prep and car sales is..."
In response to Reply # 7

making it happen. It hit me when he started to tear up as he talked about being there and providing for his kids.

Black Youngsta though! Hopefully nothing happens to the young dude but... What does he expect if he's walking around with all of that cash all the time? It made sense after you her and see how he grew up in a one bedroom house. His grandmother had me cracking up when she said that she didn't want no big ole bed when he said the he was gonna buy her a king sized bed to get her pout of the twin she's always slept in.

I felt nothing for the cop though until hearing that she busted up her knee. Her quest to become a professional MMA fighter is her choice but that's why she's struggling per se. Otherwise, she's making $18 per hour in one of the most affordable places to live according to the stat that was provided during the airing of the show.

The young White cat though. Man, the system ain't set up for drug users to win. How can bro handle his community service and job obligations if he has to test at any given time at least 20 times per week?

Dstl1
Charter member
56229 posts
Fri Dec-16-16 01:40 PM

12. "dude was HUSTLING HARD...."
In response to Reply # 10

so much respect for that. The rapper dude seemed like a bad story waiting to happen. Rolling around in trucks with dudes carrying techs and shit like Blackwater.

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Fri Dec-16-16 02:50 PM

14. "Damned sure was!"
In response to Reply # 12

>so much respect for that.
Folks really don't know or want to believe how hard Black men really go for their kids. That doesn't excuse criminal activities but brings light to the love a man has for his kids. That love can take one away from their loved ones or have them there grinding like main man was for his kids.

>The rapper dude seemed like a bad
>story waiting to happen. Rolling around in trucks with dudes
>carrying techs and shit like Blackwater.

I told my lady that I hoped he was putting something in his boys' pockets cuz they were ready to kill/die for him as they were standing outside strapped like they were in Aleppo. If not, one of them (if not all) are gonna be the first ones to get him since he stuntin' so damned hard.

Dstl1
Charter member
56229 posts
Fri Dec-16-16 02:58 PM

16. "I liked, too, that his lady was right there with him..."
In response to Reply # 14

bringin the kids to the tax office, working the phones, she was like "we make it work, we're a team".

astralblak
Member since Apr 05th 2007
20029 posts
Mon Dec-26-16 11:52 PM

23. "Yeah that shit made my heart smile"
In response to Reply # 16

astralblak
20029 posts
Mon Dec-26-16 11:50 PM

22. "Black Youngsta, he really bothered me "
In response to Reply # 12

His mentality was like white writers writing a character in the hood on roids

The cowboy shit with all the guns in front of the gmas house was OD. And no his back story didn't make me feel like ok I understand

I really hope nothing happens to him, might peep the music. I was hella surprised he was bringing in that much for shows though

Dstl1
Charter member
56229 posts
Wed Dec-14-16 12:14 PM

9. "dang...Houston episode was great"
In response to Reply # 0

Dj Joey Joe
Member since Sep 01st 2007
13770 posts
Sun Dec-18-16 02:36 PM

17. "Didn't Know About It At All"
In response to Reply # 0

I've been watching Viceland since the summer and watched almost every show that came on twice, but feel off from watching so much of it since the Action Bronson & Friends Watching History Channel, that show wasn't even necessary.

I liked Weediquette, Blackmarket, Gaycation, Fuck That's Delicious, Huang's World, Cyberworld, States Of Undress, definitely liked Flophouse, Party Legends, & Noisey, but don't care for Balls Deep, Abondoned, Hate Thy Neighbor, Dead Set On Life, Big Night Out, King Of The Road, Vice World Of Sports, etc. but I have to check out Payday, don't know how I've been missing that show.

Thanks for the heads up.

https://tinyurl.com/y4ba6hog

---------
"We in here talking about later career Prince records
& your fool ass is cruising around in a time machine
trying to collect props for a couple of sociopathic degenerates" - s.blak

astralblak
20029 posts
Mon Dec-19-16 12:13 AM

18. "watched the Nevada one on youtube. no access online. "
In response to Reply # 0

it was cool

Ken's story was super interesting. Runs a funeral service, has wife and kid, saw two friends die in a bike accident as a teen, was into punk rock, lives with wife's parents, likes to shoot guns, builds light sabers, very unique strange dude

unfortunately, cam girl's story is hella cliche at this point, glad she making money though

Fetti is the epitome of white privilege and mediocrity and can eat sun dried shit

Adam, can also share that plate with fetti. POC repubs make me ill

shygurl
Member since Oct 08th 2002
13361 posts
Mon Dec-19-16 01:17 AM

19. "watched the first two eps, they didn't talk about money enough"
In response to Reply # 0

I guess I was expecting a more indepth look into their finances - rent/bills/disposable income. Rather it was more a brief overview and glance into their financial life. I'm going to give it a few more eps, but unless they start talking about money I doubt it'll be something I'm going to keep watching.

Dstl1
Charter member
56229 posts
Sat Dec-24-16 12:14 PM

21. "You want it to be more about people's budgets, specifically?..."
In response to Reply # 19

I mean, it talks about money a great deal, I think. How people get it and what they do with it.

after midnight
Member since Jul 04th 2007
1208 posts
Fri Dec-23-16 10:14 PM

20. "Oakland ep was meh."
In response to Reply # 0

The Bay Area is such a cool region. They could've found far more interesting people. I think Houston was the best one so far.

Toronto next week. Dope city, looking forward to that one.

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Wed Dec-28-16 10:06 AM

24. "Agreed..."
In response to Reply # 20
Wed Dec-28-16 10:07 AM by Creole

Reno, Salt Lake City, and Oakland are at the tail end because they weren't even close to the other episodes. Houston, Baltimore, Memphis, and Ft. McMurray were cool.

Oakland did supplement info that could give us all an idea about how that warehouse fire went down earlier this month.

Lobby General Discussion topic #13103007 Previous topic | Next topic